• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

POSTED FOR NEW PAGE. IF YOU ARE HOPE ALIGNED, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVR READ ALL 4 OF THESE POSTS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176214164&postcount=2797
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176214221&postcount=2798
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176214275&postcount=2799
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176214335&postcount=2800

My guesses for why there was no death last night (despite our Nurse being dead):

1. Hope has a blocker, and they blocked Czartim who was selected to be Despair's killer last night.

2. Despair targeted either Pau/Ty4on. They are the lovers and their role involves sneaking off at night to a random area in order to make out/have sex. I think Zipped suggested this but I'm not sure. The thing here is that Despair targeted Pau/Ty4on's ROOM. But they weren't in their rooms last night.

Just realized I forgot to actually bold people in my critical posts so here it is fixed:

Reviewing Day3, I have trust in several players. Rest/Pau/Ty4on/Swamped/Vivioggi/Zipped/Kalor/Goshu. People marked in bold are iffier.

I think it is likely that among these names is where the Despair are: Splinter/Makai/Terrabyte/Kingkitty/Sawneeks/AB
People in bold are MORE likely to be Despair.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Normally I'd let up on someone that I've been suggesting for so long, but the fact that Makai didn't die is very suspicious. He roll claimed days ago, why is he alive still?

I agree with CornBurrito that we should not end this day early. We've lost too much time already to have a truncated day, and we haven't gotten a single Despair punishment.

Normally I'd let up on someone that I've been suggesting for so long, but the fact that Makai didn't die is very suspicious. He roll claimed days ago, why is he alive still?

I agree with CornBurrito that we should not end this day early. We've lost too much time already to have a truncated day, and we haven't gotten a single Despair punishment.

Makai is so suspicious that I almost find it hard to fathom he is Despair. But then again that makes it a potential strategy. Still I strongly advise voting for Splinter. I am confident he is Despair.

But I will let people make their own conclusion. I feel voting Czar is a good option but only after we've pressured other people extensively. At the very least we might get good info from a Despair role pm.

And Makai might very well have falsely role claimed. Him not being dead could be for so many reasons. I find it more miraculous that neither AB nor Pau/Ty4on are dead.

Kalor

Makai is so suspicious that I almost find it hard to fathom he is Despair. But then again that makes it a potential strategy. Still I strongly advise voting for Splinter. I am confident he is Despair.

But I will let people make their own conclusion. I feel voting Czar is a good option but only after we've pressured other people extensively. At the very least we might get good info from a Despair role pm.

And Makai might very well have falsely role claimed. Him not being dead could be for so many reasons. I find it more miraculous that neither AB nor Pau/Ty4on are dead.

I haven't read your posts yet but it could be that Despair couldn't kill last night because of CzarTims ability.

Kalor

Ok, I read through your posts and I agree on your point of not voting for CzarTim today. We could potentially vote for another Despair today if we're lucky and then we can deal with CzarTim tomorrow.

Forget my previous post as the more I think about it, the idea of CzarTim's ability preventing a Despair kill seems odd. I have a better idea what caused it but I want to wait and see if the person in question says anything.

I want to hear from Rest today as their lack of a vote yesterday stuck out to me a lot after being active in voting on previous days.

Vote: Rest

ViviOggi

Oh boy early start. Fucking Czar, another day basically wasted. His flip would give us some guaranteed information, at least we have that as a last resort for today. But I do hope we can finally sniff out some scum and leave Czar for later, his power has to be a one-shot.

Interesting that you're suspecting *Splinter, Corn. I had him checked as likely Hope, will read your novel tomorrow.

Ty4on

3. I think we shouldn't vote for Czartim today because of how I think the Ninja mechanic works on Despair. Also Despair must have another roaming PR that doesn't kill. Crab bumped into him on N1.
4. If I am correct, Czartim was the killer last night. The ninja will be the killer tomorrow.
5. If we keep Czartim alive on D4 and then lynch him D5 we will force Despair to send out a non-Ninja killer on N5 who we can then spot with fight club.

How does anything change if we lynch him today?

I agree we should use the day to discuss who else could be Despair, but I don't understand your logic in voting for someone else.

Makai

VOTE: Craaaaaaab!

WgbEFKZ.gif

inj2Yt7.gif

Dammit, Crab! There is no way I'm letting you get away with leading a last-minute bandwagon against an obvious Hope player.

CzarTim is a Remnant of Despair.

You are the Super High-School Level Nurse!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.
FUCK!

So it wasn't an act and Crab was just a big meaniepants the whole time?

E9HvTjD.gif

UNVOTE

I need to reveal my ability right now. Basically, I have plot armor and I cannot be night-killed. I only die if I fail to persuade town of my innocence and get lynched.

That's why I was such a hypocrite. I insisted others keep quiet on their roles because I wanted to be the only viable night kill target. I painted a huge target on my back without explicitly saying what my ability was. I am the main character, so my role has to be good, right? A lot of you suspected Cop, which is exactly what I hoped Despair would guess. If they targeted me, they would lose a night kill. And if they tried to bring down the hammer upon me after a botched night kill, I would reveal my ability and out them as scum. Unfortunately, my plan had a fatal flaw I did not anticipate - people see each other in the hall. CzarTim noticed I hadn't left my room so Despair knew I didn't have an active night ability. This excluded investigatory roles so it was probably safe to wait for me to get lynched. Day 3 really ruined my plan and that's why I'm coming clean. There's absolutely no way Despair attempts a night kill on me anymore. I look almost as scummy as CzarTim, so they will just let Town take care of me while they focus on the other outed power roles.

There is one more bit of info I am reluctant to share, but I believe it should be disclosed. There is another Super High School Level Lucky Student. I don't know who they are, just that they're out there and that they're Hope. I hid "super lucky" in one of my fluff posts, hoping the other Lucky Student would notice.

Okay, I finished moving to my new apartment. I got super lucky renting from this place sight-unseen.

I still don't know who the other Lucky Student is. I thought I could just search for the word "lucky," but a bunch of people said it. The best candidate was CzarTim, because of this post:

If traube would let me borrow his lucky dice, I could break this game wide open in like five minutes.

It was out of nowhere and it seemed to be a metaphor for learning the identity of another Hope player. That's what I meant when I said on Day 1 when I said I no longer suspected CzarTim because of his "dog whistle." This was refuted when he revealed himself as a Cop, but I still thought he was Hope because of how insane that ploy was. I still don't know the identity of the other Lucky Student. I've been thinking it over and I think you should reveal yourself. If you keep quiet, you might get Despair to target you for night kill and waste a night. But the bigger threat to both of us is lynching. If you come out, it will give my testimony more credibility and Town will be able to narrow down its suspect list. Your call, of course.

P.S. We are not connected like lovers. If either of us is targeted for night kill, we are both notified via PM. Neither of us were targeted for night kill last night. I have no idea what happened.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Ok, I read through your posts and I agree on your point of not voting for CzarTim today. We could potentially vote for another Despair today if we're lucky and then we can deal with CzarTim tomorrow.

Forget my previous post as the more I think about it, the idea of CzarTim's ability preventing a Despair kill seems odd. I have a better idea what caused it but I want to wait and see if the person in question says anything.

I want to hear from Rest today as their lack of a vote yesterday stuck out to me a lot after being active in voting on previous days.

Vote: Rest

Just busy Wednesday. I had to go shopping, help someone pack, and I had a doctor's appointment that was rescheduled from this week to last Wednesday. I thought about taking a moment to vote, but I didn't have a chance to read anything that day, so I probably would have just voted No Punishment.

Assessments:

Makai:
There are two types of super lucky students, one has plot armour (makai) and the other has the ability to kill the person who leads his death (czartim).

This makes sense both in game and in universe (it's part of the reason why I said to never kill makai during the day, at least for now)

I'll believe that for czartim now, and it would make more sense to have one be despair and on be hope. Czartim I don't trust you any more.

Cornburrito:

I like your assessment. And I agree czartim is too quick of a kill today we need to talk and see if he can make a mistake. *splinter is on my list, partially because he wants to vote me out, partly because I disagree with him on other things.

Everyone:

I'm glad my last vote wasn't and couldn't be counted there is nothing worse than a tie vote. Crab fought the good fight

*Splinter

I don't have time for a proper response right now, but I'm preeeetty sure that everything you said about me applied to you as well. When I'm Hope will you be voting yourself next?

Zipped: Apart from me suspecting you (which is a terrible reason to suspect someone), could you elaborate on where you disagree with me and why this makes me suspicious to you?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Assessments:

Makai:
There are two types of super lucky students, one has plot armour (makai) and the other has the ability to kill the person who leads his death (czartim).

This makes sense both in game and in universe (it's part of the reason why I said to never kill makai during the day, at least for now)

I'll believe that for czartim now, and it would make more sense to have one be despair and on be hope. Czartim I don't trust you any more.

Cornburrito:

I like your assessment. And I agree czartim is too quick of a kill today we need to talk and see if he can make a mistake. *splinter is on my list, partially because he wants to vote me out, partly because I disagree with him on other things.

Everyone:

I'm glad my last vote wasn't and couldn't be counted there is nothing worse than a tie vote. Crab fought the good fight[
/QUOTE]

The day has ended. Phase summary coming shortly.

Also, your vote didn't count. Zipped caused a majority.
Excuse me?!?!

And to answer your question corn, I was panicing because I honest to goodness thought Czar was Hope, and the bandwagon fell apart before it put itself back together.

Makai

Assessments:

Makai:

Cornburrito:

Everyone:

I'm glad my last vote wasn't and couldn't be counted there is nothing worse than a tie vote. Crab fought the good fight
Why do you say you don't trust CzarTim anymore? Duh? If you didn't notice, Launchpad explicitly said he is Despair.

At least in this game, both Lucky Students are identical. CzarTim is a different role entirely.

Also, you just reminded me. What were you thinking yesterday? You try to force a tie and then say "oops, good thing I failed."

6:59

vote:czartim

Damn you all

7:00

vote:sawneeks

It's not a tie, but it would have been if my vote hadn't been blocked by GAF's minute between posting.

I'm sorry czartim, but I'm really glad it didn't end in a tie... Thank GAF everyone

Explain yourself.

How does anything change if we lynch him today?

I agree we should use the day to discuss who else could be Despair, but I don't understand your logic in voting for someone else.

Maybe read my posts then. I already said that it has to do with how I think the ninja works.

Pau

So I don't have Internet at home (thanks TimeWarner) and won't be able to post too much until that's figured out.

Some things to consider.

1) Who was targeted to result in no kill?
Ty4on/Pau, wrong room. If this was the case, I didn't see CzarTim. I did see AbsolutBro and one other player who as of yet no one has outed as a rule breaker.
A blocker managed to block the killer. If that's the case, does it mean we won't see the killer wandering at all? (Even if they aren't the silent killer.)​

2) Did anyone see CzarTim?

I still think we should get rid of CzarTim just to narrow down Despair. (Just not vote for him until the end.)

I'm suspicious of AbsolutBro, Sawneeks, and the other rulebreaker. I'm wondering of we should just get rid of all of us (Hope and Despair) so that the remaining Hope won't be distracted by role claims and such.

Well done, Hope! We have successfully routed out a Remnant of Despair!

I believe we had turned Day 3 from its lacklustre mid-day performance into a very satisfactory end-day result. However, let us not rest on our laurels, and therefore may I request that we do not end Day 4 too eagerly?

Reflecting back on what had transpired in Day 3, again I would like to congratulate Hope for exposing CzarTim as a Remnant of Despair. However, I believe this came at a considerable cost for us. Firstly, we lost our Doctor and secondly, we have now almost all of our Power Roles out in the open.

I would wager that CzarTim had been the one chosen to travel the corridors in Night 3 in order to carry out the murder of our fellow Hope member because he was already known.

It follows, then, that their priority would be to whittle down Hope power roles in order to minimize the chance of their Despair member exposure at night to one of our PRs.

I disagree with CornBurrito’s suggestion about today’s punishment candidate. I believe we should punish CzarTim so as to force another Despair out into the open.

Therefore, a new Despair member will have to travel the corridors at night to undertake the task of murders. This means our PRs are of enormous danger to the remaining Despair members. Any new name pops up in their radars, and that player will automatically jump into Hope’s number one suspect.

For example, now that we know our lovers’ route, by chance if Splinter was a Despair member and he was tasked to carry out the night killing, Pau would sight his movement.

I believe that information remains our number one asset. There is one upside that I can see from Day 3’s result, and it is: time. CzarTim effectively provided us with an advance of a Day phase, in which we can exchange thoughts and discuss theories at good length, so when Night comes and one of us is taken away, the rest will have ample to go on with in the next Day phase.

With that in mind, I now present where my player reads for Hope’s consideration. Bear in mind that though I was proven right with CzarTim, I would suggest the same standard of rigorous scrutiny be applied as if I had not been proven right. Hope must remembers that there are blindsides to every theories.

Hope:
1. Ty4on
2. Pau
3. Sawneeks
4. Swamped
5. Barrylocke
6. AbsolutBro
7. ViviOggi
8. Makai
9. CornBurrito

Alignment uncertain:
1. Splinter
2. Rest
3. TL21xx
4. ZippedPinhead
5. kingkitty

Suspicious:
1. Terrabyte20xx
2. Kalor

For those that I believe are Hope members, I am expecting the member numbers to dwindle by each Night. I encourage those who believe they are at risk of exiting to leave behind as much information as they deem wise. However, please do not feel pressured to divulge anything that you feel may endanger Hope’s chance of achieving victory. Revealing what information, and when, and how, is 100% at your discretionary decision.

AbsolutBro, and Sawneeks, if you are comfortable in revealing who else did you see on any of the Nights, I believe this has now become a pertinent information for Hope.

For those whose alignments remain uncertain for me, I would like to engage you more. For example, I gained significant conviction that Makai was Hope during my exchange with him in Day 3. In short, please participate more so we may determine your true colours.

For those that I am suspicious of, the following are my reasons:

1. Terrabyte20xx
He was invested at the beginning of Day 3 to push for Makai to elaborate on his abilities, by asking him continuously if he can see anyone at night or not (Post. 2150).
The next move he made was to put ViviOggi as the potential Ninja (Post. 2385), thereby bolstering CzarTim’s suggestion that there must be a Ninja.
And at the end of Day 3, his voting pattern was erratic as he tried everything to sway votes to every which way, though his primary goal was clear, which was to save CzarTim from punishment. I believe CornBurrito has covered this part in better details.

2.Kalor
A consistently middle-of-the-road player who generates little to no reads.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

Pau

Assessments:

Makai:

But Crab didn't lead CzarTim's death? I'm confused how you came to that conclusion.

Makai

I haven't read CornBurrito's posts yet, but I should point out that the "ninja" is just something CzarTim made up. We should not operate under the assumption that there is one. We should definitely vote out CzarTim today since he is confirmed Despair. If CzarTim is dead and there is no ninja or the ninja is otherwise constrained, somebody else will have to expose themselves to make tonight's kill.

I'm really suspicious of people advocating we kill someone else.

VOTE: CzarTim

Swamped

Banned
There is a LOT of stuff to go through this day phase. I have more posts incoming, but a little pressed for time atm:

1. I have four people I want to look at more closely - AbsolutBro, Sawneeks, Zipped, and Terrabyte. I am wary of Zipped and Terrabyte because last minute switches always smell scummy, especially in hindsight since we know that CzarTim is Despair. When a vote is as closely contested as it was at the end of Day 3, you know that someone is trying to protect something.

It would be remiss of us to NOT inspect AB and Sawneeks more closely. AB's status as Hope aligned is no longer confirmed. He claims he sleepwalked right into Franconp's room. If he is Despair, my guess it that CzarTim and AB messed up N1 (maybe CzarTim was out on some other nefarious business, it's possible that Despair has other PRs) and CzarTim decided to cover it up. His one-shot cop role claim would have looked more fishy later in the game, so they went with a high risk high reward play (it was entertaining, I'll give him that, but I can't forgive that he took out our nurse). Please note that I still need to re-read AB's posts to make a better judgement about his alignment.

Sawneeks is also a suspect. She quite suddenly became the start of another bandwagon, and CzarTim clearly knew she had a power (could be because they crossed each other though). She said she could give us info about night time wanderings, but even a Despair PR could give us that info. Anyway, I'm less sure of her, but I still think it warrants looking closer into.

2. After Day 3 votes I was more sure than ever that Makai is Hope. He totally fell for CzarTim's act in a way I think Despair can't pretend. He just seems too honest to be Despair, and his reveal today makes me more sure. It sucks that he had to reveal there was a second student, but I guess I can see where he is coming from. However now Despair has extra info. Also, anyone on the chopping block can now claim to be the second Luckster, which would certainly make me suspicious. In fact, claiming you can't be NKed is a convenient shield for Despair (since they don't die), but the fact that you mention there are two of you makes me trust you a little bit.

3. I'm pleased with my Day 3 vote for CzarTim, and I'm glad many of us were skeptical of how much he was pushing the Ninja Theory. The question now becomes, can we assume there is no ninja mechanic? Or if there is, maybe it's constrained somehow.

4. To people saying we should wait until a later day phase to Punish CzarTim - Don't be silly! We need to discuss stuff today, but we have to get the known Despair out. That way we will have more leeway for mislynches later on. I myself will only vote for him on the last day though.

Terrabyte20xx

Well done, Hope! We have successfully routed out a Remnant of Despair!

I believe we had turned Day 3 from its lacklustre mid-day performance into a very satisfactory end-day result. However, let us not rest on our laurels, and therefore may I request that we do not end Day 4 too eagerly?

Reflecting back on what had transpired in Day 3, again I would like to congratulate Hope for exposing CzarTim as a Remnant of Despair. However, I believe this came at a considerable cost for us. Firstly, we lost our Doctor and secondly, we have now almost all of our Power Roles out in the open.

I would wager that CzarTim had been the one chosen to travel the corridors in Night 3 in order to carry out the murder of our fellow Hope member because he was already known.

It follows, then, that their priority would be to whittle down Hope power roles in order to minimize the chance of their Despair member exposure at night to one of our PRs.

I disagree with CornBurrito’s suggestion about today’s punishment candidate. I believe we should punish CzarTim so as to force another Despair out into the open.

Therefore, a new Despair member will have to travel the corridors at night to undertake the task of murders. This means our PRs are of enormous danger to the remaining Despair members. Any new name pops up in their radars, and that player will automatically jump into Hope’s number one suspect.

For example, now that we know our lovers’ route, by chance if Splinter was a Despair member and he was tasked to carry out the night killing, Pau would sight his movement.

I believe that information remains our number one asset. There is one upside that I can see from Day 3’s result, and it is: time. CzarTim effectively provided us with an advance of a Day phase, in which we can exchange thoughts and discuss theories at good length, so when Night comes and one of us is taken away, the rest will have ample to go on with in the next Day phase.

With that in mind, I now present where my player reads for Hope’s consideration. Bear in mind that though I was proven right with CzarTim, I would suggest the same standard of rigorous scrutiny be applied as if I had not been proven right. Hope must remembers that there are blindsides to every theories.

Hope:
1. Ty4on
2. Pau
3. Sawneeks
4. Swamped
5. Barrylocke
6. AbsolutBro
7. ViviOggi
8. Makai
9. CornBurrito

Alignment uncertain:
1. Splinter
2. Rest
3. TL21xx
4. ZippedPinhead
5. kingkitty

Suspicious:
1. Terrabyte20xx
2. Kalor

For those that I believe are Hope members, I am expecting the member numbers to dwindle by each Night. I encourage those who believe they are at risk of exiting to leave behind as much information as they deem wise. However, please do not feel pressured to divulge anything that you feel may endanger Hope’s chance of achieving victory. Revealing what information, and when, and how, is 100% at your discretionary decision.

AbsolutBro, and Sawneeks, if you are comfortable in revealing who else did you see on any of the Nights, I believe this has now become a pertinent information for Hope.

For those whose alignments remain uncertain for me, I would like to engage you more. For example, I gained significant conviction that Makai was Hope during my exchange with him in Day 3. In short, please participate more so we may determine your true colours.

For those that I am suspicious of, the following are my reasons:

1. Terrabyte20xx
He was invested at the beginning of Day 3 to push for Makai to elaborate on his abilities, by asking him continuously if he can see anyone at night or not (Post. 2150).
The next move he made was to put ViviOggi as the potential Ninja (Post. 2385), thereby bolstering CzarTim’s suggestion that there must be a Ninja.
And at the end of Day 3, his voting pattern was erratic as he tried everything to sway votes to every which way, though his primary goal was clear, which was to save CzarTim from punishment. I believe CornBurrito has covered this part in better details.

2.Kalor
A consistently middle-of-the-road player who generates little to no reads.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx
Becasue, of course, a Despair would totally try to keep his partner, WHO CAN SHIFT HIS DEATH TO SOMEONE ELSE, would totally try to save him from being voted out, despite said partner not even trying to save himself, and in doing so, painting a huge target on his back because now everyone knows his partner is scum. That's totally the most logical thing ever.

Makai

2. After Day 3 votes I was more sure than ever that Makai is Hope. He totally fell for CzarTim's act in a way I think Despair can't pretend. He just seems too honest to be Despair, and his reveal today makes me more sure. It sucks that he had to reveal there was a second student, but I guess I can see where he is coming from. However now Despair has extra info. Also, anyone on the chopping block can now claim to be the second Luckster, which would certainly make me suspicious. In fact, claiming you can't be NKed is a convenient shield for Despair (since they don't die), but the fact that you mention there are two of you makes me trust you a little bit.
If Despair claims Lucky Student, the real Lucky Student will claim immediately afterward and we just narrowed our scum hunt to two people. Good trade.

Ty4on

I haven't read CornBurrito's posts yet, but I should point out that the "ninja" is just something CzarTim made up. We should not operate under the assumption that there is one. We should definitely vote out CzarTim today since he is confirmed Despair. If CzarTim is dead and there is no ninja or the ninja is otherwise constrained, somebody else will have to expose themselves to make tonight's kill.

I'm really suspicious of people advocating we kill someone else.

VOTE: CzarTim

Either way nothing changes. If Czar is dead he's dead and can't perform the kill. If he is alive he's alive and can perform the kill. What day we lynch him shouldn't have any effect.

Pau

Just to clarify, when I say waiting to vote for CzarTim until the end, I mean the end of the day phase. If he stays alive past today he's a distraction at night.

Makai

Either way nothing changes. If Czar is dead he's dead and can't perform the kill. If he is alive he's alive and can perform the kill. What day we lynch him shouldn't have any effect.
If Czar is dead, somebody else will have to walk the halls and risk get caught. That's the point.

Terrabyte20xx

If Czar is dead, somebody else will have to walk the halls and risk get caught. That's the point.
This would only work IF we quit with the rules of 'fight club' and everyone with names start dropping them. I don't know if we should go there, but I do want to point out that the biggest person against such action was Czar himself.

Swamped

Banned
I'm not extremely familiar with Mafia lore, but is there any strategic reason that Mafia would choose not to kill at night? Or can we assume we were saved somehow?

Terrabyte20xx

I'm not extremely familiar with Mafia lore, but is there any strategic reason that Mafia would choose not to kill at night? Or can we assume we were saved somehow?
There would actually be merit to not killing at night, but only if doing so would directly implicate someone else.

More likely, either a town roleblocks got lucky, or they attacked makai, assuming he's telling the truth.

Makai

There would actually be merit to not killing at night, but only if doing so would directly implicate someone else.

More likely, either a town roleblocks got lucky, or they attacked makai, assuming he's telling the truth.
They did not attack me or the other Lucky Student. I would have been notified and I even checked with Launchpad to make sure he didn't forget.The only way one of us was targeted is if another power role protected us.

I don't have time for a proper response right now, but I'm preeeetty sure that everything you said about me applied to you as well. When I'm Hope will you be voting yourself next?

Zipped: Apart from me suspecting you (which is a terrible reason to suspect someone), could you elaborate on where you disagree with me and why this makes me suspicious to you?

Yes, I followed a similar pattern to you. Except I did eventually invite Crab and I voted for Czar on D3. That's the key differences that lead me to think you are Despair.

Terrabyte20xx

I know a lot of you guys don't trust me right now, but I am pretty sure I know of a way to find a second Despair... Unfortunately what I'm thinking about takes A LOT of assumptions that may or may not be correct. All I can say is that if I am right I can GUARANTEE a second Despair.

Why do you believe there is a ninja? You don't think CzarTim was trying to mislead us with his words? OR are you trying to perpetuate his lies...?

For reasons Crab stated when he was alive. Or is Crab a Despair who tried perpetuating a lie too?

Me believing in the ninja only leads me to believe that voting Czar out today is a bad idea. It isn't critical to my suspicions or post.

Swamped

Banned
For reasons Crab stated when he was alive. Or is Crab a Despair who tried perpetuating a lie too?

Me believing in the ninja only leads me to believe that voting Czar out today is a bad idea. It isn't critical to my suspicions or post.

Crab only believed him because he was sure that CzarTim was Hope, and he thought the Marauder's Map would make it too easy to pinpoint Despair otherwise. But I'm quite sure that CzarTim was trying to lead us down the garden path. Catching Despair might be easier than we think (for the rulebreakers anyway)

You know, it just occurred to me that we are in a very unique position to have a known Mafia be able to play a day phase with us. I bet he's going to troll us so much. Let's not get distracted by his bad jokes though!

Makai

I know a lot of you guys don't trust me right now, but I am pretty sure I know of a way to find a second Despair... Unfortunately what I'm thinking about takes A LOT of assumptions that may or may not be correct. All I can say is that if I am right I can GUARANTEE a second Despair.
Then tell us. You didn't need to ask for permission last time, either.

Just curious, but what if I said I had an idea on who this possible ninja might be?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175893348&postcount=2385

Terrabyte20xx

Well, I think Ty4lon saw who Despair targeted last night. If he did, and someone walked past that guy's room, then we would narrow down the list of suspects.

Kalor

Before I go to sleep I'm going to unvote Rest. I can't really argue with their explanation for why they weren't around for the end of the day.

Unvote: Rest

Swamped

Banned
Well, I think Ty4lon saw who Despair targeted last night. If he did, and someone walked past that guy's room, then we would narrow down the list of suspects.

Why do you say Ty4on and not Pau? Surely they both would have seen Despair since they probably wander together?

Sawneeks

Banned
Hey guys, I won't have much access to a computer today so I apologize for not being able to answer questions. I know I did promise to talk more about Fight Club but I would prefer to be able to have access to the thread and answer questions instead of just posting the info and leaving.

I should be able to post tomorrow but until then I won't be saying anything.

Swamped

Banned
OH. OH. OH. I'm such a genius!

Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are the Super High-School Level Nurse!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

You’ve always loved helping people, and they seem to love it back.

Once per night, you may select a player who you will save if an attempt on their life is made. To do so, send me a PM with the text SAVE: <player name>. Conversely, you can use this ability on a location and it will protect players located in that facility.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

If Crab had the ability to save a facility, do you think Despair can target them? And if so, do you think they targeted a facility N3 and just got unlucky or something (maybe it was empty, as Crab would not have been able to protect that night)?

I still like the CzarTim was roleblocked explanation though.

Why do you say you don't trust CzarTim anymore? Duh? If you didn't notice, Launchpad explicitly said he is Despair.

At least in this game, both Lucky Students are identical. CzarTim is a different role entirely.

Also, you just reminded me. What were you thinking yesterday? You try to force a tie and then say "oops, good thing I failed."

6:59

7:00

Explain yourself.

I second guessed my vote for czartim, but I didn't count before either vote. I was legitimately thankful I did not force a tie. That would have been even worse for hope.

I explicitly state I don't trust czartim because I defended him so much yesterday. He doesn't get anymore good faith from me this game.

How do you know each lucky student is identical. In fact it makes more sense that they NOT be identical. One is a student that is lucky and one would be a "lucky student".

Yeah I'm actually dumb I guess with my reasoning for not getting rid of Czar tonight.

But I stand strongly by my assertion that Kalor and Vivi are Hope.

I strongly strongly strongly believe Splinter is Despair based on his D2 actions and D3 actions.

Makai

If Crab had the ability to save a facility, do you think Despair can target them? And if so, do you think they targeted a facility N3 and just got unlucky or something (maybe it was empty, as Crab would not have been able to protect that night)?
Oh, yeah. That's what happened.

Top Bottom