• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Kebiinu

Banned
The Floating Temple of Midas

DF90-0000-0070-6C53

tumblr_nvav4k9gRw1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nvav60kTWv1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Explore the temple and get your hands on its treasures! Kind of a P switch experiment/coin run type thing. I always loved those rooms in Nintendo's games just full of blocks that all turned to coins, so this is a level devoted to that idea.

Snake Block Shuffle

BD8E-0000-0071-B3A6

tumblr_nvavd5OX811svx1aeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nvavg2tK9q1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Just some ridin' on snake blocks, Mario World style!

Your levels look amazing! I'll be sure to leave a comment when I play them!

Thud

And another small level, surfing on lava with the clown copter:

Clown Antics
47F1-0000-0072-204C

WVW69ibW6NQMLwXPyv

Anyway let me know if I need to play a certain level.

optimiss

KA0CKNV.jpg

Space, the Spiny Frontier

(4461-0000-0072-4FC7)

Jump in your space pod and set off for a hostile alien world. Destroy the alien menace and restore peace to the galaxy.

It is a difficult level mostly due the length but there are 3 different paths to victory so with some smart playing you can cut the length down to a quarter.

Good luck soldier!

Zubz

Banned
Oh, yikes... I was about to throw my best level so far into the mix, but I don't have any fancy art or anything to go with it...

It's called "Fleet on your Feet!" It's a Mario World-style Airship level that requires various forms of jumping. It's nothing too hard, but it's the level I had the most fun making! Its ID is C4F5-0000-0054-A381. Let me know what you guys think!

My most starred level is called "Trouble Hills," however. It's a very basic stage that I made with the default content, and was basically my first crack at the level editor outside of the tutorial. I honestly think it might just be popular because it's pretty easy. Still, if any of you guys want to try it, its ID is 2864-0000-0029-E279.

I'll have to check out these other levels soon! They all look so good!

If any of you are interested, I just made a fun diversion for you guys. I just remade 1-1 down to each exact block and added Giant Mario shroom to all the spots that usually have mushrooms. It's super simple but it's actually really fun and adds a new challenge to those stairs near the end since he keeps crushing them haha. Check it out if you want :)
1-1 Rampage! - DA8D-0000-0072-6C88
WVW69ibXtEweW-P1m0

Now time to try out some of your guys' levels :)

DaBoss

I'm going to have to go back and edit this since I forogt to put super mushrooms in the last section which was a screw up on my end, still before I do edit this feel free to critique the heck out of it so that my 2.0 may be stronger.

Spinning Stomps, Spooky Thwomps (7F11-0000-006D-E25D)
WVW69ibJkNcztqW4mM

Also this...
Mushroom Kingdom Freeze (9952-0000-006A-56BF)
WVW69ia88CEJrMRVuv

I fear the difficulty may be a bit skewered in this one, a touch too long with the "minecart" section being at the mercy of when the first set of saws decided to start moving.

In any case my odd tribute to Wii U's GOAT platformer, there's ice! there's sort of jungle but not really! there's a factory kinda! 2 bonus rooms! Skull block mine cart substitute!
And the first section has a layout from the first arrows that allows for that Retro Studios esque run and bounce off the enemies at full speed for flow approach, though it has to be pretty exact (that's what the coins are to try and steer you towards).
Played both of these, and thought they were both great.

Some notes about them.

Spinning Stomps, Spooky Thwomps
- I think you could have just had the POW Block surrounded by yellow blocks you have to spin to get to instead of requiring you to throw a shell upwards which is derivative to what the level is mostly about.

Mushroom Kingdom Freeze
- You can have a coin on the last single block wide platform so people will go there and jump.
- The saws (minecart) section can become off-sync. The 2nd saw may come earlier or later than what you intended, not sure which one it is. I think this happens if you go for the coins in the upper right part before you drop down to the minecarts.

B_Bech

So those of you who've been playing my stages should know I enjoy making unique, challenging yet fair (debatable) boss fights for the ends of my levels. Well, I got to thinking... why not create an arena like stage of just ALL bosses!? A Boss Rush mode!~ Those are always my favorite in games, especially the Kirby series. So for my latest stage...

Go! 7 Boss Rush!

(8BFE-0000-0072-6930)

WVW69ibX0O4L5z6e9t

Ration your resources!

WVW69ibX0rsqj5MKiB

Choose your opponent!

WVW69ibX2hcV1FrnIl

Fight and win!

You've got all your boss rush basics: power ups, non-linear boss fights. The whole nine... er seven. The boss list is as follows:

• Goomaestro
  • Order of Kamek
  • The Mole Hole
  • Bowser Jr
  • Count Koopula
  • General Bones
  • Bowser

Can you defeat all seven in time?

Super Mario™'s Woody Factory

80B7-0000-0072-6640

WVW69ibXz2EKFiQv21

P-Switch /running fast /coins gimmick once again, but this time with a twist.
My biggest and easiest level, soooooo Many Hours of hard work.

I set the bar VERY high :
My goal is two stars, and a stranger's yeah

Played both of these, and thought they were both great.

Some notes about them.

Spinning Stomps, Spooky Thwomps
- I think you could have just had the POW Block surrounded by yellow blocks you have to spin to get to instead of requiring you to throw a shell upwards which is derivative to what the level is mostly about.
True enough, at this point my idea for the stage was still heavily rooted in "what can I do in SMW that can't be done elsewhere?" before I just decided to fully run with thwomps and blocks.
I may look into alternative ideas, plus it'll prevent people from shelling up Mario's Head (though surprisingly it's not that useful here even with al the thwomps)

Mushroom Kingdom Freeze
- You can have a coin on the last single block wide platform so people will go there and jump.
- The saws (minecart) section can become off-sync. The 2nd saw may come earlier or later than what you intended, not sure which one it is. I think this happens if you go for the coins in the upper right part before you drop down to the minecarts.

I have been trying to figure out what off syncs the saws, that's actually a good theory.
For whatever reason the first Saw always seems to be on schedule, the other two not so much.

Cheers for the feedback.

jholmes

Made a new level using every trick I could think of to fake vertical progression... It's essentially a long vertical journey starting from underground all the way up into space.

M9ziOVa.png

Worth all the praise. Somewhat lost in all the talk about the verticality is that this is a fun stage.

I'm gonna agree with Sporky that the early bit is much too busy visually. I get the visual trick you were pulling but I think you went overboard there.

Snake Block Shuffle

BD8E-0000-0071-B3A6

Really good! My big complaint is while I love the first falling-block reveal, the second time it's potentially fatal. You can easily get stuck beneath it and fall to your death. Great stage though!

Naar

Made a new level using every trick I could think of to fake vertical progression... It's essentially a long vertical journey starting from underground all the way up into space.

M9ziOVa.png

awesome level!

appreciate all the consistency throughout and feels very vertical :)

Thud

Super Mario™'s Woody Factory

80B7-0000-0072-6640

WVW69ibXz2EKFiQv21

P-Switch /running fast /coins gimmick once again, but this time with a twist.
My biggest and easiest level, soooooo Many Hours of hard work.

I set the bar VERY high :
My goal is two stars, and a stranger's yeah

You have my star :p

I have NO IDEA how to beat this fucking level and have been at it for 45 mins. Any help?

D1BC-0000-0069-3C44

I think you have to hit the springs up just as the shell passes over in order to change the level of the shell. I managed the first one but then gave up.

Hey guys, so I watched that Giant Bomb stream where they made a level and that inspired me to create a level where Bowser would chase you until the end. It ended up being way harder than I intended, although I may just be bad. Anyone care to play it and tell me what they think?

The ID is 6266-0000-0071-3764.

Really good! My big complaint is while I love the first falling-block reveal, the second time it's potentially fatal. You can easily get stuck beneath it and fall to your death. Great stage though!

Yeah, I did my best to make it clear that people should wait for the platform...you wait for the first one so you do the same for the rest, but I don't blame people for making that mistake. I had a problem earlier in the second section where you could jump on top of some ground and get squished, so I had to fix that at least!

I could've had the platforms already on screen and "feed" the main track with them but I don't like how messy all the track bits look, so I hid them off the top of the screen.

jarosh

Wow, what a fantastic level! I really enjoyed playing through it, though I have no real feedback to offer since it just felt well-made in general.

Amazing level. I appreciated how you maintained the consistency of the level design when passing through doors and pipes.

This level is pretty cool. I've seen other people try to do vertical levels and usually they don't feel quite right. I'll be honest, this isn't perfect either, but that's mostly Nintendo's fault in terms of the limitations they've set. At least you try to block off visibility of other parts of the ascent. It can be pretty busy, visually, at times. But I think you needed to do that to get across how different each area is. Nice touch on showing the previous area below your feet, and nice job on the secret area too. :)

And your other level was awesome too, I'd played it earlier, I forget if I said anything. Really well put together.

I like this one a lot! Well done.

Worth all the praise. Somewhat lost in all the talk about the verticality is that this is a fun stage.

I'm gonna agree with Sporky that the early bit is much too busy visually. I get the visual trick you were pulling but I think you went overboard there.

awesome level!

appreciate all the consistency throughout and feels very vertical :)

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

And I do agree with Sporky and some others that this is far from perfect, and I'm aware of some of the visual clutter. But it's the closest I've come to giving a feeling of vertical progression. One of the reasons why it's busier than necessary is because I had to visually block or cover a ton of things, including the top and bottom of semi-solid platforms, vines, pipes, etc. to hide the fact that they don't actually start or end on a different screen. If I didn't do this you would see screws, bottoms or tops of platforms, starting and ending points of vines and so on. I even had to hide the background bushes in sky sections, then parts of the black ending background etc. So often instead of each screen feeling open at the bottom or top it would end up feeling a bit cluttered. That was just a sacrifice I had to make to convey more of that feeling of continuous ascension.

I doubt I'll do another level where I have to fight so much against what the engine is clearly meant for. There is a ton of trial and error and so many compromises and extra testing involved to ensure that no small detail suddenly breaks the level or the immersion.

beta_fuse

Hey Fellas can you check out my level and let me know what you think? I've made a few others than aren't as hard but I really enjoyed this one. It is honestly pretty tough and requires some good timing. Any feedback will be great. Thanks!

QNR0FmB.jpg

Four Tiers of Bowser
E66E-0000-0072-9FC0

Fireblend

Banned
Created 2 more stages I'd love to get feedback on. Still playing stages from this thread :D

Wiggler Infestation
E3E2 0000 0072 77EE

Tree Top Rush (60 secs level)
EAD6 0000 0072 A7FC

Neoweee

This level is pretty cool. I've seen other people try to do vertical levels and usually they don't feel quite right. I'll be honest, this isn't perfect either, but that's mostly Nintendo's fault in terms of the limitations they've set. At least you try to block off visibility of other parts of the ascent. It can be pretty busy, visually, at times. But I think you needed to do that to get across how different each area is. Nice touch on showing the previous area below your feet, and nice job on the secret area too. :)

And your other level was awesome too, I'd played it earlier, I forget if I said anything. Really well put together.

I've made a couple new levels too, I don't know if they're as good as some of my previous ones.

As usual they are fairly easy, though judging by the clear rates they are tougher than what I usually make. I try to lean toward levels like the ones Nintendo would make, but also want to include some ideas that others might take and run with in more complicated setups.

The Floating Temple of Midas

DF90-0000-0070-6C53

tumblr_nvav4k9gRw1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nvav60kTWv1svx1aeo1_500.jpg

Explore the temple and get your hands on its treasures! Kind of a P switch experiment/coin run type thing. I always loved those rooms in Nintendo's games just full of blocks that all turned to coins, so this is a level devoted to that idea.

Snake Block Shuffle

BD8E-0000-0071-B3A6

These are both excellent levels. Nicely done. These levels are mostly the right length as well, with maybe Snake Block Shuffle's second section being slightly longer than it should be. Other than that, great.

urfe

I've finished my latest level!

Ashley's Adventure III

I've been making levels with the character Ashley where there are no enemies so that there's no break to the immersion.

The first one (アッシュリーの冒険(Ashley's Adventure)1.1- 3278-0000-0059-8CF7)was a land/sea split level, mainly about a few key jumps and then having a nice swim in as beautiful of a world as the ocean can be. The level is mediocre at best, but easy and fun nonetheless. Nearly impossible to die.

The second (Ashley's Adventure II- C95C-0000-005A-FB96) was a ghost house with multiple paths, where it was near impossible to die (finding the one pit could be seen as a secret), but good platforming ability was required. I honestly really enjoy playing this level, and still play it daily.

The final third level is a castle level, with once again lots of platforming, and unlike the first two levels, there are pits for death. Lots of jumps, falls, and bounces. None should be unfair and there should be a calm way to do everything.

I tried to give hints along the way so there's theoretically no trial and error.

I look forward to any feedback and now I'm looking forward to making more normal Mario levels.

(If someone could break down taking screenshots for me, I'd be much obliged.)

I just finished playing a few levels, the vertical one which I really liked and the Midas temple one which I also really liked. Definitely inspiring in terms of level design and aesthetics.

I don't seem to have some of the music/visual options in these levels. Do I need to use the dumb sound effects more to get them?

These are both excellent levels. Nicely done. These levels are mostly the right length as well, with maybe Snake Block Shuffle's second section being slightly longer than it should be. Other than that, great.

I'm really glad you like them, I'm not totally happy with Midas myself...I think it looks pretty good and it's fun to collect tons of coins, but I dunno. I wish the P switch lasted just a second or two longer, it can get annoying backtracking for more switches.

I wanted to follow it up with something more light and cheerful, that's why I made the snake block one. But you're right that it's a little too long, it's to the point where someone might not want to try again if they die late in the level.

BooJoh

I have NO IDEA how to beat this fucking level and have been at it for 45 mins. Any help?

D1BC-0000-0069-3C44

It took me a lot of retries but I beat it. Here's a video, pardon the poor quality, I don't have a capture device so I just propped my iPod up pointing at my Gamepad.

If you hit the blocks early or late it won't work. I don't know if this is the intended method and everything else is a decoy or what.

https://youtu.be/iwdHdXBBU-0

jarosh

I finally finished the level I started day one in Super Mario Maker, my Metroid/Brinstar level, "y cant metroid shoot? - Brinstar"

Super%2BMario%2BMaker%2BStage%2B%2528niveau%2Bou%2Blevel%2529%2By%2Bcant%2Bmetroid%2Bshoot%2B-%2BBrinstar.png

It's a Metroid level made to evoke Brinstar, with actual Metroid gameplay. I've put an emphasis on atmosphere and visuals (in particular, I wanted the scrolling and screen management to be extremely close to the original NES game, which led to a lot of constraints which IMO benefited the level), but exploration/puzzle elements have also been carefully crafted. In that sense, the level is an homage to NES Metroid but also to 8-bit computer exploration/puzzle action games I grew up with.

Screenshots:

y%20cant%20metroid%20shoot%20-%20Brinstar%202.jpg

y%20cant%20metroid%20shoot%20-%20Brinstar%201.jpg

Features:
  • Five levels of powerups.
  • Some powerups don't stack up and are mutually exclusive, you'll have to find when and where to use them.
  • Powerups are regenerated, if you lose one you can get it back at its original location.
  • In Super Mario Maker, when you use a pipe (or a door), enemies are regenerated, but broken blocks stay broken. This allowed me to make it so, once a powerup is unlocked, it stays unlocked and is immediately accessible in its location by square #1 little Mario: you won't ever have to redo the powerup chain, even if you lose all your powerups (this, to avoid tedious repetition and to keep a good pace).
  • (Obviously) you can't ever get stuck in an area without being able to progress.
  • When you get a powerup, you won't be able to continue until you've used its specific power(s), to make sure everybody understands powerup capabilities (there is one single exception to this, because the powerup's power is well-known and obvious).
  • You can finish the level without using one powerup specifically, but doing so makes the level much harder.
  • Action is slow and balanced, not particularly tough, there aren't too many rooms. Even if you obviously have to be careful, it's completely different from my Tourian level: since one hit means you have to backtrack, it's more about avoiding stupid mistakes and figuring things out rather than being masterful. The addition of all those "easy" sequences and the general exploration/puzzle elements make it not easy on the whole, though, especially since the MAX 500 time limit threatens.
  • Three lives are hidden, and many coins, even if they aren't in the level openly.
  • The time limit is a threat, but I could finish the level while collecting the three lives and many coins in XXX time units.
  • Puzzles, enemies and locations are inspired by Brinstar, but the level is its own thing.
  • To my knowledge, you can't sequence break (optional powerup excluded).

From quite a few pages back but I wanted to comment... This is easily my favorite Mario Maker Metroid level and just a really great course, period. You paid a lot of attention to detail with how the upgrades work, how they unlock and how you open up permanent access to them etc. I love how you managed to make the Samus mushroom itself a useful upgrade and not just an aesthetic afterthought dispensed at the very start. You got the Metroid aesthetic down too, great job.

Teppic

So many levels to play, so little time. I'm making a list of levels I want to try eventually, but there's probably a lot of good levels I haven't added from this thread. I also wish more people would write their code in text so I can copy it into the text file.

Getting stars seems to be a bit harder now with more levels out there, but I got to 50 stars and I'm happy about that. I'm not sure if I'm going to make more than 20 levels. Feels like I'm kind of out of ideas already. I just hope I get enough stars on the levels I have so they wont get deleted :p

My levels so far: (from newest to oldest)

Trust Nothing
415D-0000-0066-0D40

Bob-omb Hills 1-3
3AB5-0000-005D-BDBD

It's a Bonus Level
93E8-0000-002E-45A0

P.T.
367C-0000-002C-C9A0

Beetle Cave 1-2
F168-0000-001F-74A1

Green Plains 1-1
97DC-0000-0017-D718

Fireblend

Banned
Got to my PC, so I'm reposting some of my levels here along with screenshots. I'd love to get better at making levels so I'll appreciate any criticism you can send my way :) none of them are particularly hard or long, shouldn't take you more than a couple of attempts.

Wiggler Infestation
WVW69ibX0yIDoQzt3e

E3E2-0000-0072-77EE

Tree Top Rush - 60 seconds stage.
WVW69ibYV4QAYsGbUT

EAD6-0000-0072-A7FC

Mole Shuttle
WVW69ibVRYUE4CITfc

C34A-0000-0071-8552

Airship Quickie - Auto-scrolling, also pretty short
WVW69ibUnR0ghe8vaT

11BA-0000-0071-4649

Travo

Ok, my first ever level: Pipe Dream! E8D4-0000-0072-DE48

I didn't want anything too terribly hard for the first level, just fun to get through. I included quite a few hidden blocks for fun. Too bad I don't have warp pipes yet.

Kebiinu

Banned
I'm off on the weekends, so I was able to make this stage shortly after my last one! As such, I will be posting both in this post.

First up is my latest stage!

Frost Fossil Depths
Vp76Pp6.jpg
K8YOXAK.jpg

Deep beneath the crashing waves of the Mushroom Kingdom sea, there lay a beast of indescribable height. Many knew of its existence, but none dared to search for the legendary beast. Due to drops in temperature, the beast was forced to relocate even deeper into the sea in hopes of a sustainable food source, forgotten forever.

Centuries later, Mario encounters a frozen sea while exploring the coast of Mushroom Kingdom. The temperature drops rapidly, as Mario swims towards a gargantuan ice berg within the depths. It's here, where he see's an entrance to what looks like a cave, leading directly into the mass of ice. The beast is just a legend, but even still, he should be long gone by now, right?

Stage ID: 232B-0000-0072-C515

Here's the stage I made before this one.

Chomp-Chomp Ruins
nS9oZCB.jpg
bAGD6Q2.jpg

What was once a proud city of fortune, is now a place of legend. Beyond the sprawling forests and rugged mountains of Mushroom Kingdom, you can find the former city now known to locals as, Chomp-Chomp Ruins. Overwrought with Munchers and stray Chain-Chomps, Mario must have a constant guard if he wants to make it through the ruins alive. Narrow passageways, glistening rocks, abandoned railways, and a slew of dangerous creatures greet our hero, as he continues further and further into the ruins. Can you see it through?

Stage ID: 0ED3-0000-006F-488E

I really hope you guys enjoy it. I've been improving steadily, and do my best to make sure the gameplay is traditional Mario at it's core.

M9ziOVa.png

Played it, loved it, starred it. It's not without it's flaws, but that's the system and not an error on your behalf. Nice to see a strictly vertical stage, however! Hopefully in the future DLC, they'll implement vertical stages :)

Edit: Cursed to the bottom of the page. :(

Is anyone having Mario Maker dreams? I keep having very vivid dreams where I create really nice stuff and then I wake up and try and recreate them.

Could it be the new Tetris Effect?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone having Mario Maker dreams? I keep having very vivid dreams where I create really nice stuff and then I wake up and try and recreate them.

Could it be the new Tetris Effect?

Not exactly dreams, but I couldn't sleep last night and every time I was awake I seemed to be thinking about levels I could make. That's what happens when I play it just before going to bed.

Okay, I uploaded an updated version of my course, The Frozen Mansion.
If you played it before, the ending is streamlined so you can get through it a bit faster.

Good luck!

D5SVDJ5.png

Something small and simple I whipped up earlier, I'd be intrigued to see if someone could make a full stage out of this concept

Challenge: Manipulating Monty! (6563-0000-0071-8605)
WVW69ibVR2sv2YYa-W

Just checking miiverse and hey jucksalbe is right, it is kinda like a poochy stage, mixed with the NSMBU Mole to Goal challenges (but not nearly as painful as those or Poochy ain't Stupid)

http://i.imgur.com/M9ziOVa.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Very cool, oddly what impressed me the most here was the use of the sound effect to override the music for the final "space" area, my immersion remains intact.

[quote="UncleSporky, post: 180022126"]
[B]The Floating Temple of Midas

DF90-0000-0070-6C53[/B]

[B]Snake Block Shuffle

BD8E-0000-0071-B3A6[/B]

Just some ridin' on snake blocks, Mario World style![/QUOTE]

I'm backlogged on my UncleSporky goodness so I just binged on a few stages including these two.
I'm not sure how to best succinctly summarise things here so maybe just saying I could play a whole game of Sporky Stages will get the point across.

As for these two stages in particular I don't know what made me grin more, the entire interior concept for the Midas stage or DONUT SNAKE BLOCKS which is just wonderful.

Neoweee

So those of you who've been playing my stages should know I enjoy making unique, challenging yet fair (debatable) boss fights for the ends of my levels. Well, I got to thinking... why not create an arena like stage of just ALL bosses!? A Boss Rush mode!~ Those are always my favorite in games, especially the Kirby series. So for my latest stage...

Go! 7 Boss Rush!

(8BFE-0000-0072-6930)

WVW69ibX0O4L5z6e9t

Ration your resources!

WVW69ibX0rsqj5MKiB

Choose your opponent!

WVW69ibX2hcV1FrnIl

Fight and win!

You've got all your boss rush basics: power ups, non-linear boss fights. The whole nine... er seven. The boss list is as follows:

• Goomaestro
  • Order of Kamek
  • The Mole Hole
  • Bowser Jr
  • Count Koopula
  • General Bones
  • Bowser

Can you defeat all seven in time?

Good, but horrendously difficult. The lack of checkpoints really kills a level like this.

Okay, I'm going to be doing an impromptu livestream of GAF levels on YouTube in about 10 minutes (about 5:45 PST): https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCOJxUXjPOko_0_IeY0Sy1zw/live

I'll be playing SMM levels under the rules of Xtakill.
The rules are simple: I play your level until I beat it, lose 10 lives, or lose 10 minutes. Whichever comes first. Then I move on.

If you want to have your level on the stream, please quote this post with ONE code for a level you want me to play.

This will be my first "public" stream so if you watch, be gentle GAF XD

Tiamant

Okay, I'm going to be doing an impromptu livestream of GAF levels on YouTube in about 10 minutes (about 5:45 PST): https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCOJxUXjPOko_0_IeY0Sy1zw/live

The rules are simple: I play your level until I beat it, lose 10 lives, or lose 10 minutes. Then I move on.

If you want to have your level on the stream, please quote this post with ONE code for a level you want me to play.

This sounds fun!

1C2D-0000-006A-4C32

Hope you like it!

Cuburt

Made my first automatic level. It's short but entertaining enough that I thought I'd share it here.

The Auto Infinite Lives Machine

ID: A9DF-0000-0073-048E

It started as a sort of proof of concept to see if I can "teach" people how to do the infinite lives trick (although I have no idea how successful it has been).

My original level was trying to be more gentle in influencing people how to do it themselves (with a couple heavy handed "aids", because after all, doing the trick was the whole level) but I decided to revisit with the knowledge I've gained since to see if I can guarantee people are able to do it. What better way to force someone to play a certain way than an auto level. lol

Here is my original level if you want to check it out but it's far less impressive.

Infinite Lives

ID: 3376-0000-0017-5003

The rules are simple: I play your level until I beat it, lose 10 lives, or lose 10 minutes. Then I move on.

Trumped-Up Troopas
B641-0000-0069-3B2B

It's a level I made a couple days ago. Hadn't had the chance to make a post for it yet, but would be neat to see someone play it!

The theme of the level is the imprisonment of Koopa Troopas and the creation of Drybones.

Kebiinu

Banned

The rules are simple: I play your level until I beat it, lose 10 lives, or lose 10 minutes. Whichever comes first. Then I move on.

Chomp-Chomp Ruins
Stage ID: 0ED3-0000-006F-488E

urfe

Ashley's Adventure II
C95C 0000 005A FB96

Sounds like fun. Can we watch it after the fact as well?

DaBoss

Hope you have fun playing the levels and streaming.

Pipe Maze
04C9-0000-0065-5440
Something small and simple I whipped up earlier, I'd be intrigued to see if someone could make a full stage out of this concept

Challenge: Manipulating Monty! (6563-0000-0071-8605)
WVW69ibVR2sv2YYa-W

Just checking miiverse and hey jucksalbe is right, it is kinda like a poochy stage, mixed with the NSMBU Mole to Goal challenges (but not nearly as painful as those or Poochy ain't Stupid)
Poochy ain't Stupid could at least be glitched into a non-autoscroller lol.

EDIT: Just played it, and it is really cool. Hopefully you (or anyone) can expand upon the concept.

ThatMattZ

The Secrets of Airship Z

ECAE-0000-002E-BAC8

I'm really bad in making levels. How do you guys start? Do you plan it out first then make it? I usually get bored when my level turns out bland.

Top Bottom