• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition announced

Shredderi

Confusing!

Is it just me, or have they changed the picture, but kept the link?

I could have sworn that the boxes that said FREE was below the boxes with DLC earlier, and made it look like you had to buy the DLC to get the Enhancements update.

=/

Why are you sad? They propably saw the confusion their infographic caused and changed it so it clearly says that everyone will receive the enhancements for free. Why sad about it?

Why are you sad? They propably saw the confusion their infographic caused and changed it so it clearly says that everyone will receive the enhancements for free. Why sad about it?

If you are talking about his "=/" emoticon, I am pretty sure it just signifies confusion.

Ason

Yep, I remember it was the case too.

Yepp, found the "old version".

AGW6vmM.jpg

Sad? Im not sad. On the contrary, I don't have the Season pass, only the base game, so Im happy about it.

Im not an expert on smileys, but to me, this is a sad smiley >>> =(

I did this smiely >>> =/

because I was like, WTF/Hmm... you know, a bit confused because that was not how I recalled the infographic, and I wasn't sure if they had changed it, or it was me going mad.

=)

Shredderi

Yepp, found the "old version".

AGW6vmM.jpg

Sad? Im not sad. On the contrary, I don't have the Season pass, only the base game, so Im happy about it.

Im not an expert on smileys, but to me, this is a sad smiley >>> =(

I did this smiely >>> =/

because I was like, WTF/Hmm... you know, a bit confused because that was not how I recalled the infographic, and I wasn't sure if they had changed it, or it was me going mad.

=)

Haha, okay sorry I misunderstood and became confused myself! Most of my friends use that smiley in a sort of "kinda sad" way so I was really puzzled why someone would be sad about this. I brought it up because I thought that maybe you misunderstood something about the infographic :)

Roni

Gold Member
If I was already stupid enough to buy the game, do I get the "enhancements" as a free update? New enemy AI, Parkour moves and difficulty are a pretty big deal...

Faenix1

Alright, last day or so my mind has been slowly convincing me to get the season pass. Even though the three DLC currently available look completely junk.

Welp, booted up the game after being gone from it for a LONG time and.. I almost completely forgot how to play besides the basic stuff. So this leads me to a dumb question, do expansion-type DLC ever have tutorials?

I don't feel like restarting and go through hours and hours to get all the relevant tutorials. So I hope there's some sort of mini-tutorial in the expansion. lol

Krakn3Dfx

Was one of those who got in on the $20 Gamestop glitch for the Game+SP the week it came out, but ended up playing through it on the PC anyway. Picked up the SP on the PC a couple of days ago before the price goes up, I'm stoked for this, easily one of my top 3 games of 2015.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Alright, last day or so my mind has been slowly convincing me to get the season pass. Even though the three DLC currently available look completely junk.

Welp, booted up the game after being gone from it for a LONG time and.. I almost completely forgot how to play besides the basic stuff. So this leads me to a dumb question, do expansion-type DLC ever have tutorials?

I don't feel like restarting and go through hours and hours to get all the relevant tutorials. So I hope there's some sort of mini-tutorial in the expansion. lol

You could probably just take a look at the unlock menu... iirc it has a little movie and description of each unlock, and a button diagram showing how to activate it in game. I imagine that'd be enough to jog your memory.

Faenix1

You could probably just take a look at the unlock menu... iirc it has a little movie and description of each unlock, and a button diagram showing how to activate it in game. I imagine that'd be enough to jog your memory.

Suppose that's an idea. Night is scary again though, I used to be able to navigate that shit like a pro and now I'm like O_O again. lol

They definitely weren't being advertised as such before. I'm glad they changed how they give out the enhancements. Making people pay for what was basically a glorified game update could have been a slippery slope.

Articles said they were free enhancements but then the image said otherwise. So I think it's more like they merely fixed the image instead of giving the wrong impression.

LewieP

I guess their intention by suggesting the "Enhancements" aka patch was something that required a purchase of the Season Pass/DLC or Enhanced rerelease was to make doing so seem like better value than it would be otherwise, but all it did was muddy the water and confuse people who own the standard release and didn't want to have to pay for a patch.

If only there was some way to have a human being look at your marketing materials before distributing them.

jesu

Can I keep playing, advancing my character (levels, weapons), minding my own biz, without having to stop and do some quest to unlock this or that thing I need to advance my character?

You won't level up very quickly, as you get most XP from missions.
I doubt you would be able to unlock the second map either.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have the season pass but it's good they decided to give everyone the enhancement patch for free. The expansion will hold me over until Uncharted 4 nicely.

Danlord

Okay, now that the enhancement patch is free, this is amazing news!

Well done to the developers for clearing this up. I'd like to know the source for the ~60FPS in the Enhanced Edition for PS4, but other than that I like what I see in the list of improvements.

The news about the latest PS4 SDK unlocking the 7th CPU core has me all excited about games being patched to use some of them resources and improving performance on existing games, so I wonder/hope this is one of them. I remember someone in the thread said the SDK for it was out 2-3 months so maybe enough time to implement these improvements and QA test the latest SDK build with 7-cores would be lovely.

ryseing

Can I keep playing, advancing my character (levels, weapons), minding my own biz, without having to stop and do some quest to unlock this or that thing I need to advance my character?

Not sure why you would want to. The mission design is tolerable if you skip the cutscenes.

And yeah, you won't unlock the second map that way.

Koobion

A bit disappointed that I waited till black friday this year to get this game, since it seemed to hold a higher price for a long time. I bought 3 copies to play with friends for $25 each - as Christmas presents. Now I guess we're all gonna have to buy the expansion :(

I suppose I still saved some money anyway though?

Why is this so confusing? You need The Following for the enhanced edition. If you bought it standalone you are good. If you bought the SP you get The Following as part of that pass so you are good. You have the base game without the following? Screwed.

Denton

Why is this so confusing? You need The Following for the enhanced edition. If you bought it standalone you are good. If you bought the SP you get The Following as part of that pass so you are good. You have the base game without the following? Screwed.
Except you're wrong.

Not true, they changed what they initially said. The base game now comes with enhancements.

Frankiebass

Neo Member
Watch the video, you can see the gameplay is pretty smooth and clearly isn't interpolated.

Was there anything to show that it was the PS4 version? I assumed PC.

If the console version went from 30fps to 60fps, I think it would be one of the top things advertised about the enhanced edition.

Deadstar

GOTY just got better.

Yeah....this game is REALLY good. At first I thought it was just ok but the more I played and the more I unlocked new abilities the better it got. It's just a fantastic game all around. One of the top 5 for the year that is for sure.

Hmmm I loved the game but didnt play any of the DLC. I kinda want to buy this again but I dont know if I can go through the campaign one more time. I think I will pass for a while. Maybe pick it up in a year or so when I feel the itch.

Top Bottom