• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT| No Options to Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Judging by how many people are allergic to both blocking and the ground, I suspect the jump off point for a large chunk of people is coming sooner rather than later.

Just took on a really easy Karin, as much as I want to win matches if feels bad when I beat a player who seems to be totally new
And I do hold back to give them a chance too

RedAssedApe

Banned
theres a decent amount of quitters but once you get high up its pretty rare. I mean I think a lot of them just want to unlock the trophy and if you are scrubby it's pretty much impossible as there's a ton of good players even in the 1500-2500 range. Anytime u see someone with a 15+ streak that isn't infiltration or something is probably saving points.

Hell I'll admit I disconnected even once when I had a terrible laggy match and we were just teleporting all over the screen. Didn't even want a win like that lol.

I don't have problems quitting when a match is laggy. They are going to have to take that into account with whatever they decide to implement for quitting.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I've only run into a handful of ragequitters. Maybe less common in higher leagues?

Kinda wonder how much pro players will end up playing much ranked since all of your matches are recorded and shared in ranked.

Shito

Once I hit 1500, I saw a fuckton more quitters. Got 10 in a row, all with big streaks unsurprisingly. That's why I want everyone to do it now, make ranked some kind of anarchy and force Capcom to do something quicker.
Yeah, because we all want Capcom to not take their time on a proper solution and instead hurry up because everyone decides to act stupid and impatient...

Just play casual matches in the meantime.

Number45

Ugh, so from this list it looks as if the PS3 sticks work the same as they did for SFV. Pain in the ass needing to have a DS4 connected at all times. :/

(Yes, despite picking this up at launch I haven't played it yet. >_< )

SAiLO

Gameplay is great. Juicy old SF fun. Very satisfying and similar to SF IV.
Waiting for opponent and load times (PS4) are a bit long compared to the time it takes to finish a match.
My quiet dream is to have Capcom add the smashing levels where you can destroy a car or plane or whatever like in the old SF II, now that would be awesome and a nice way to kill time in between fights.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
mind giving a indepth description?

I just got hit by whatever that diagonal cannon spike by cammy is on her wake up multiple times
That's something else. Uppercut-like moves like that are invincible and will beat your moves, you have to block and then punish them.

But quick rise is after you get knocked down:
vg247 said:
There are two types of quick rise:

In Place (As you hit the ground: Two Punch Buttons OR Down) &#8211; This makes your character get up where they fell. Simple.
Away (As you hit the ground: Two Kick Buttons OR Back) &#8211; Your character will back up from where they landed, then quick rise.

Andm meaties are attacks that beat opponents moves on wake-up:
eventhubs said:
Meaty: This means to attack the opponent as they are standing up in such a way that only the latest active frames of the move strike the opponent. This is really powerful because it allows you to recover faster than normal if the attack is blocked or if it connects.

Pachimari

Okay, 30 pages to read until I'm caught up but you know what, I'm just gonna skip all the pages. Getting tired of telling myself to read every single page of this thread, it's just a drag at this point. At least, I read every page up until 369.

Big Brett

Man, it is so depressing to have one good day, and then a day you just get constantly rocked. I'm down to like 300 now from 500. Feels bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it me or Necalli has some crazy priorities on nhis normals? I dont mean in a "omg hes OP" way, I mean in a "this character is weird to deal with when you dont know him" way

oti

Banned
Parrying just doesn't seem worth it for me. I can parry projectiles but nothing else. And that V-Reversal thing, I have never done that either. How?

Pachimari

Nah f it, I'm gonna read through it. There seems to be some nice talk in those pages that will benefit me, like crossups, and those awesome gifs.

TheOGB

Banned
I just got hit by whatever that diagonal cannon spike by cammy is on her wake up multiple times
Don't walk up on or stand right next to people when they're knocked down, unless you have a plan.
You could just walk up and block to bait out attacks and then counter (that's a free Crush Counter if we're talking wake up uppercuts).
Or you could go for a grab if they're not expecting it.
Or you could give a little distance and go for a cross-up right as they stand up.

Those options are all assuming you want to keep up the pressure; you could also just back off and return to neutral. Whatever option you pick, the most important thing is that you shouldn't be too predictable. Mixup your approach, and practice your timing. There's wake-up recording in Training mode, maybe try messing with that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh got 3 matches relatively fast with Rashid (1 win 2 loses) and...it dried up. Been waiting for ages now. This matchmaking man.... that maintenance better be miraculous

I can't believe I'm in the Silver League now. Never thought it would happen. #silverleagueboys
Lucky you

I've been trying to break into the 2K LP range for three days, but a squadron of Rashid, Nash and Ken players keeps getting in my way. It happens right after I get 5-8 win streaks or if I finally hit 1850LP like an automatic switch. It definitely sucks when you can't hit a goal.

Trickster

Not too surprising if SF5 sells less than 4. They've gone out of their way to make sure that happens imo.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game is fantastic. But if you want casual appeal, you don't release a 60 dollar fighting game with 16 fighters, and a promotional campaign the focuses solely on the competitive scene.

You want a SF5 with good sales? You don't release the game until june when the story mode is ready, the trials are ready, the store is ready, and you have 20 characters. And then you have the trailers for the game focus on footage from the story mode instead of tournament footage.

Westlo

Lucky you

I've been trying to break into the 2K LP range for three days, but a squadron of Rashid, Nash and Ken players keeps getting in my way. It happens right after I get 5-8 win streaks or if I finally hit 1850LP like an automatic switch. It definitely sucks when you can't hit a goal.

Hah, exactly my story except it's 1950.

Broke silver twice and ranked down next game both times.

Dat silver struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom