• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v. Superman RT Thread: like standing ovations in rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigorath

Banned
Todd McCarthy, Hollywood Reporter

The film may be imposing, but it's not fun.

Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald

In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel duke it out and the audience loses.
Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out

If there's any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder's lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break.
Jim Vejvoda, IGN

BvS is carried by a brutal Batfleck, but as a whole it offers more philosophical drama than superhero escapism.

The Guardian, Andrew Pulver

It’s tough to take all the hardcore emoting seriously, particularly as the emotional heavy lifting is designed to be done by the occasional maudlin line in brief pauses between the explosions. For a film so concerned with its characters’ inner lives, there’s a fundamental disconnect going on here – enough to make you yearn for the lighter touch of the Marvel films.
Scott Mendelson, Forbes

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a treat for the eyes, but it will hurt your brain and break your heart.
Robbie Collin, Telegraph

Marvel can rest easy. Zack Synder's superhero showdown is a meatheaded, humourless mess that makes little sense and squanders its cast - especially the women

William Bibbiani, CraveOnline

This film has turned all of its great characters into perfunctory plot points, in the service of a plot that doesn't even work well.

Sean O'Connell, CinemaBlend

An improvement over Man of Steel, and a much better Batman movie than it is a Superman film. The highlights far outweigh the issues, and DC now has a base on which it can build its empire.
Oscar Uriel, Cinema Movil

The film is a discordant and almost three hour experience. There are some good and bad things, but still better than Man of Steel.

Uriel Barco, Garuyo

Not only is this a big let down in every sense, it makes you wonder if the rest of the DC Comics films will have the same fate.

Rotten Tomateos

Metacritic

LightRemarkableGuillemot.gif

PBY

Banned
Its getting ripped to shreds.

I wanted this to be good... I told ya'll about placing your faith in Zach Snyder.

jaekeem

hahahahahahaHAHAH

OK. I am sorry to everyone that was superhyped

but I expected another snyderflick...and lo and behold...another snyderflick it is

Marvel can rest easy. Zack Synder's superhero showdown is a meatheaded, humourless mess that makes little sense and squanders its cast - especially the women

I assume this is about WW not being in the movie as much as some hoped?

I mean, let's not forget we're getting a standalone movie soon...this was just her introduction and an easy way for them to build some hype for the character.

I didn't have high hopes, but this wasn't what I was expecting either. Shit.
It's pretty sad.

That being said, this movie is not going to bomb. It'll do just fine.

I've been an outspoken critic of Synder's portrayal of Superman, and whilst I am not shocked by negative reviews, the extraordinary level of criticism this is getting is making me sad.

Kezen

Banned
Thought Man of Steel was a complete turd, not expecting much for this. I hope it's funny at least, to make up for the sorry writing and dialogue.

Sulik2

Hmmm, very different impressions in these reviews then from the Gaffers who saw it early. Will be interesting to see how the general public responds to this one.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Predicted this when the first trailer came out. The movie just looks like a complete mess, and it was inevitable because: Zach Snyder.

BriGuy

I haven't been following this movie too closely, but I haven't met anyone that was legitimately excited to see it or thought that it would turn out to be any good. The commercials certainly don't sell it as anything amazing.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You cant be surprised, you just cant, I feel genuinely sorry for Batman and Superman fans that these are the films they get.

SpudBud

Well fuck. How to you screw up something this important up? Well hopefully WB rethinks Snyder for Justice League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom