• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will be publishing Nioh in both Europe and North America

Well, that's that for a PC version.

At least they give us a few (limited) options to adjust the game to our likings.

xHZsv8P.jpg

Tankard

That's great news, please advertise this one properly, Sony, this game could be huge, specially for the Soulsborne crowd.

Eolz

Kou Shibusawa made an appearance on Sony's conference and now they're publishing this game overseas for them. I wonder if we'll see more Sony/Koei collaborations in the future

Probably already said before, but it's not because someone appears and there's a publishing deal that it means something in terms of future exclusives. When you look at Capcom, KT, Platinum, etc with exclusives on various platforms...

Wagram

During development Sony had no faith in the project as it was in development, Shu Yoshida in particular, who was in charge of third party publishing didn't think it would have a high chance of success, and so Sony didn't offer to publish the game in western territories.

Even though Demon's Souls turned out excellent, I can't fault Shu for what he did. I remember the first gameplay trailer they showed for Demon's Souls. It wasn't good.

Luckily, it turned out amazing, and we ended up getting the Dark Souls series.

Solrac

so we can finally say that this game is gonna be exclusive, i know sony has been releasing a couple games on steam, but they were indi games, i dont see sony releasing AAA games on steam.

Hey, people are free to hope for a PC version for as long as they like, and I'd double-dip myself, but it's rather pointless to argue against "Only on PlayStation." It should be assumed an exclusive until noted otherwise.

jmga

so we can finally say that this game is gonna be exclusive, i know sony has been releasing a couple games on steam, but they were indi games, i dont see sony releasing AAA games on steam.

It would be up to KT to release the game on Steam, not Sony.

Nzyme32

Do you know the particulars of their contract?

Until you can demonstrate that there is a "particular" in their contract that prevents such possibilites / ownership of IP etc, its a valid discussion point.

Pretty sure Xbox people supported Ninja Gaiden just fine.

The state Xbox is in now and its audience size is very different though. Used to love NG on the OG Xbox

Until you can demonstrate that there is a "particular" in their contract that prevents such possibilites / ownership of IP etc, its a valid discussion point.

It's not releasing on PC, and the official page says it's "Only on PlayStation." The burden of proof is not on me.

wapplew

KT publishing in the west isn't that good, I guess this make sense if KT want the IP be successful in the west.

I just watched the extened TGS Trailer and noticed that while all the natives are speaking Japanese, William speaks English.

Will this be the same in the final game? Because that would be awesome. Not fully English or fully Japanese dub but everyone speaking in its respective language (and may not be able to understand each other). I would love it if they actually do it this way.

I just watched the extened TGS Trailer and noticed that while all the natives are speaking Japanese, William speaks English.

Will this be the same in the final game? Because that would be awesome. Not fully English or fully Japanese dub but everyone speaking in its respective language (and may not be able to understand each other). I would love it if they actually do it this way.
Yes hes an outsider it'll be that way in the final game

Nzyme32

It's not releasing on PC, and the official page says it's "Only on PlayStation." The burden of proof is not on me.

The comment you responded to is a hypothetical point. "Only on Playstation" indeed as demonstrated doesn't exclude PC versions in the distant future, nor does Sony saying "exclusive" as we have seen time and time again. So it is valid to discuss - but at this point you are just derailing the thread so I'm out, you can argue to yourself about the hypothetical point others are making.

Saw those examples every time when people were arguing PlayStation exclusive(Everyone gone to the rapture and Helldivers). But both of them are classified to indie games.

Very curious what big-budget games(Sony published) to port on PC in this generation?

Fairly sure Death Stranding will be published by Sony on PS4, but that is getting a PC version - although I'd still wait and see on that one, especially concerning the timing assuming it does

Astral Dog

Have not been keeping up to date but wonder why a Team Ninja game is recieving so much attention after their latest games.

TreIII

Yep. We already got glimpses of that in the alpha/beta versions, as well. The only other person who William could speak English to was
Hattori Hanzo, Tokugawa Ieyasu's faithful shinobi, who apparently learned it while doing various spying.

Have not been keeping up to date but wonder why a Team Ninja game is recieving so much attention after their latest games.

Anybody who played the Alpha and Beta would know that this game has the makings for something special. When you get the notice of stylish game vets like XLHGladiator on board, you know you're doing something right!

The comment you responded to is a hypothetical point. "Only on Playstation" indeed as demonstrated doesn't exclude PC versions in the distant future, nor does Sony saying "exclusive" as we have seen time and time again. So it is valid to discuss - but at this point you are just derailing the thread so I'm out, you can argue to yourself about the hypothetical point others are making.

Bye-bye!

Yes, that also holds true for the actual game. I think it's a nice touch.

Because both the alpha and beta for this game were phenomenal.

Nzyme32

What other titles came out lately. I'm aware most have been pretty meh. To me it seems like the old days of Team Ninja have long gone, though Nioh is at least the most interesting to me

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Ninja Gaiden 3 sucked but DOA5 was perhaps the most polished from the gameplay standpoint in the series. DOAX3 is more of the same and its aimed at a niche group. They had a hand at Hyrule Warriors which was a success also worked on Dissidia on Arcade and PS4 and I feel I may be missing some others that were well received or mixed but not entirely poorly.

BadWolf

Ninja Gaiden 3 sucked but DOA5 was perhaps the most polished from the gameplay standpoint in the series. DOAX3 is more of the same and its aimed at a niche group. They had a hand at Hyrule Warriors which was a success and I feel I may be missing some others that were well received or mixed but not entirely poorly.

They also worked on the new Dissidia iirc.

Fairly sure Death Stranding will be published by Sony on PS4, but that is getting a PC version - although I'd still wait and see on that one, especially concerning the timing assuming it does
Isn't that exactly what you're doing? It's only announced for PlayStation right now with no mention of pc for now it's a ps4 exclusive I see no reason to derail the thread with what's essentially port begging

Yes hes an outsider it'll be that way in the final game

Yep. We already got glimpses of that in the alpha/beta versions, as well. The only other person who William could speak English to was
Hattori Hanzo, Tokugawa Ieyasu's faithful shinobi, who apparently learned it while doing various spying.

Oh god, I hope this holds true for the final game.

Nzyme32

Isn't that exactly what you're doing? It's only announced for PlayStation right now with no mention of pc for now it's a ps4 exclusive I see no reason to derail the thread with what's essentially port begging

Which is why I bailed on that topic of discussion (till this), I only tried to answer the one point that someone else made - I had no other part in the discussion apart from now asking what Team Ninja games have been released lately. I don't see myself in the wrong with that.

Astral Dog

Ninja Gaiden 3 sucked but DOA5 was perhaps the most polished from the gameplay standpoint in the series. DOAX3 is more of the same and its aimed at a niche group. They had a hand at Hyrule Warriors which was a success also worked on Dissidia on Arcade and PS4 and I feel I may be missing some others that were well received or mixed but not entirely poorly.

Anybody who played the Alpha and Beta would know that this game has the makings for something special. When you get the notice of stylish game vets like XLHGladiator on board, you know you're doing something right!

Bye-bye!

Because both the alpha and beta for this game were phenomenal.
Ok, sounds like they have been steping their game up, and thats true about their latest games ,almost forgot about HW and DOA 5 they were quite good though i dont count those as pure (character) action games.

Eolz

They also helped a bit on the latest Fatal Frame.
People are really giving them a bad rep due to NG3 (that they fixed as much as they could) and Other M.

Interesting. They must think it's another potential Demon's Souls and they don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Only thing is, if they put their weight behind it then it gets status and expectations that a more immediately broader audience might have... whereas DeS arguably had a chance to establish itself with only it's potential audience before being drowned out by mainstream backlash, then find a footing and pseudo-mainstream growth from there. Qualities aside.

Top Bottom