• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 of Street Fighter V Season 2 characters are going to be newcomers

Ryce

I didn’t do a perfect job, but I overlaid all the shots of silhouette #2 to get a better idea of what the character might look like.

kJ5IpgA.png

I don’t think it’s an existing character but rather somebody completely new (in the vein of Rashid and Necalli).

tribal24

Banned
I didn’t do a perfect job, but I overlaid all the shots of silhouette #2 to get a better idea of what the character might look like.

kJ5IpgA.png

I don’t think it’s an existing character but rather somebody completely new (in the vein of Rashid and Necalli).

Looks like dudley, would be amazing if it is.

Arkeband

Banned

kJ5IpgA.png

Sigma (MMX) with boxing gloves
Papyrus (Undertale)
Spawn
Bald Hercule

FinKL

kJ5IpgA.png

That's an amazing job. If it's somebody new, why is everyone making guesses though? Definitely looks like a boxer though

PeaceUK

I'm still holding out hope that the whole "5 brand new characters" thing was a mistranslation.

The Makoto dream must remain alive!

Ryce

This is just guesswork, but when I look at the silhouette I see some kind of trench coat.

lvP1Sht.png

It might actually be an Australian character wearing a duster. It's a major country without representation, and Capcom has a really cool concept for an Australian stage set on a moving train.

EqIiKZ6.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is just guesswork, but when I look at the silhouette I see some kind of trench coat.

lvP1Sht.png

It might actually be an Australian character wearing a duster. It's a major country without representation, and Capcom has a really cool concept for an Australian stage set on a moving train.

EqIiKZ6.jpg

Maybe it's unmasked Q. /S

Anyway, I really hope that it would be Australian this time since I would love to see this stage to happens tho.

I'm rooting for Australian fighter so they could add the train stage they cut awhile ago. Their excuse for not including that stage is they doesn't have any Australian representative.

hDUCvAl.png

Ryce

I tried piecing together the fourth silhouette, but there are just too many missing pieces for me to confidently complete the arms and legs.

Ld5rcJx.png

I have no idea what the cultural significance of her hat/hair or giant sword(?) is. I'm pretty confident that she hails from a new country, though.

EDIT: Fixed her hair.

Scotia

Banned

kJ5IpgA.png

Wow, awesome job. Thanks, Ryce.

I tried piecing together the fourth silhouette, but there are just too many missing pieces for me to confidently complete the arms and legs.

BQYzVVR.png

I'm pretty sure her left leg is draped out in front like so:

fF9RerY.png

I have no idea what the cultural significance of her hat/hair or giant sword(?) is. I'm pretty confident that she hails from a new country, though.

Squirrel Girl confirmed in SFV?

BlizzKrut

Banned

kJ5IpgA.png

Great work Ryce, I'm definitely interested in this character, can't wait until we finally see these.

Whompa02

Helen/Kolin definitely one of the 5.

Other guy is definitely wearing a duster/button down with what appears to be boxing gloves.

Some ninja looking girl.

Utterly baffled by the top right silhouette

Sesha

Duster guy looks like he's wearing a cap and mitts. Maybe he's from Canada, Scandinavia, or is another Russian character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It looks like some kind of headgear or hat she had. I can't wait to see where those newcomers came from and what gameplay they would bring to Street Fighter. I really hope the Street Fighter team would include Hakan in future seasons.

wamberz1

Ld5rcJx.png

IT'S A FOX GIRL
JK, but this definitely looks like a new female character.

Perineum

If that vanilla fuck gets in I quit

Look at the original silhouette and I am 99% sure it is him. He's standing to his side so you can make out his hair. In the story mode he was wearing some stupid ass outfit wasn't he? Maybe it's that, or a mixture of that and old. The gloves above aren't correct from the original silhouette, and seem like the clutched fist with the ones he had in 4. The bottoms for his leg look to be the bracers he wore in 4 as well.

Dude was mad popular in SF4 as well. He would probably be the first full rekka character into the game too, correct? Makes sense.

Look at the original silhouette and I am 99% sure it is him. He's standing to his side so you can make out his hair. In the story mode he was wearing some stupid ass outfit wasn't he? Maybe it's that, or a mixture of that and old. The gloves above aren't correct from the original silhouette, and seem like the clutched fist with the ones he had in 4. The bottoms for his leg look to be the bracers he wore in 4 as well.

Dude was mad popular in SF4 as well. He would probably be the first full rekka character into the game too, correct? Makes sense.
Every character this season aside from Akuma has never been playable in a Street Fighter game before. There is literally 0% of a chance that it's Abel.

Perineum

Every character this season aside from Akuma has never been playable in a Street Fighter game before. There is literally 0% of a chance that it's Abel.

Wasn't the original translation messed up about what the other 5 characters will be?

Which means Abel is back on the table, right? Or did I miss something ?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wasn't the original translation messed up about what the other 5 characters will be?

Which means Abel is back on the table, right? Or did I miss something ?

I don't think it was mistranslations.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...-why-majority-season-2s-dlc-roster-brand-new/

With the exception of Akuma, the theme for Season 2's DLC fighters is "brand new" as the five upcoming characters will have never appeared, or at least been playable, in a Street Fighter game before.

"Alongside the returning characters in Season 1, we also had some new faces join them which allowed us to explore new personalities, mechanics, playstyles and regional martial arts," he continued.

Street Fighter 3 had a roster predominantly inhabited by all new characters, and at the time, it wasn't too well received by fans. Dahlgren's response indicated that the focus right now is to create a roster that includes a wide variety in play styles.

"The goal is to provide players with an option that fits every type of play style. Season 2 will continue down that path and we're excited to get these new and unique characters into the hands of our players to put them to the test. Who knows, you could find your new main!" he said.

TheOGB

Banned

Ld5rcJx.png

I'll be damned if this isn't a liberated Satsuki

yurinka

I already proved pages ago that the other girl is Satsuki.

There are new silhouettes, and seems that the huge guy is Azam, Rashid's friend:

zh9nt4tnQ.png

7ps2cLJ.png

Qei0nZz.jpg

sfv-azam.jpg

sfv_azam.jpg

SFV_Azam.jpg

87053.jpg

18178463.png

Ryce

It doesn't look anything like Azam to me. Azam doesn't have studs/nails in his neck, and he has a giant ponytail that would be visible in the silhouette.

IuMZ8lm.png

If it's an existing character and not somebody entirely new then I think it's Abigail. The hair, forehead and choker match.

lhdpjiy.png

Top Bottom