• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

If it wouldn't be for the game replacing 1/3th of the investigation work with QTE's and minigames, this would be a noticable step up from Crimes & Punishments in all departments. This way, it's better in some aspects, weaker in others.

The cases are all pretty well done, have really fun puzzles and good stories with satisfying conclusions.

If you liked C&P, you'll gonna enjoy this one as well. Definitely recommended.

Tizoc

If it wouldn't be for the game replacing 1/3th of the investigation work with QTE's and minigames, this would be a noticable step up from Crimes & Punishments. This way, it's better in some aspects, weaker in others.

The cases are all pretty well done, have really fun puzzles and stories with satisfying conclusions.

I oddly can't remember any QTEs in this game :p

Durante

Late reply, but no. I mean that the game starts and then I immediately get "DMC4SE has stopped working". Turning off DSR fixes it.

Game is borked.
Ok, that is seriously borked.

I wonder if it's the size of the resolution or the count of the available resolutions which is the issue.

... but in either case it could also apply to anyone who has a physical 5k monitor...

So Poi comes out of Early Access on the first!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/401810/

Does anyone have any opinions on this game/has anyone played it? I've been wanting a good 3D platformer forever and YookaLaylee and A Hat in Time feel so far away.

I've been playing through this recently.

It's serviceable and little more. Kind of lacks its own charm and borrows heavily from 64 and Sunshine in a rather bland way. Controls work but aren't satisfyingly tight.

But I felt impatient for the games you mentioned and it went some way to filling the platformer void.

Ok, that is seriously borked.

I wonder if it's the size of the resolution or the count of the available resolutions which is the issue.

... but in either case it could also apply to anyone who has a physical 5k monitor...

I'm not sure, but it sucks. REvelations 2 works okay.

I want DMC4SE at 5k :(

tmarg

I was gonna say that one of the Disney cars games is supposed to be decent, but I just looked it up and apparently the PC port is terrible.

So Poi comes out of Early Access on the first!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/401810/

Does anyone have any opinions on this game/has anyone played it? I've been wanting a good 3D platformer forever and YookaLaylee and A Hat in Time feel so far away.

Poi is a little bland, but not bad by any means.

I thought Unbox was a lot better, but even that was just ok when compared to a Banjo or SM64. Yooka Laylee is actually my most anticipated game this year after Nioh. Loving the small 3D platformer comeback.

Arminsc

Are there any decent (and not bank-breaking) BT headphones?
Last time I checked (few years back), they all had sub-par audio quality and bad battery life... Did anything change in the mean time, or are still wired ones the way to go?

My father has these ones, found them in amazon (Spain) for about 50€, they work with radio instead of BT but the sound is decent and they never ran out of battery for me using them for several hours at a time. The only annoying thing is that if you are not reproducing any audio you may get radio interference, but that does not always happen.
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones-stereo-rf-rs-120-ii

etrain911

I've been playing through this recently.

It's serviceable and little more. Kind of lacks its own charm and borrows heavily from 64 and Sunshine in a rather bland way. Controls work but aren't satisfyingly tight.

But I felt impatient for the games you mentioned and it went some way to filling the platformer void.

Thanks for all of the answers everyone! Are there any good 3D platformers that are currently out that you would suggest as a replacement?

Parsnip

Rip Bernardo.

Is there still no way to "disown" a game on Steam? Is the only option to hide the shame?
There is.
Just click the support link on the right when viewing the game in your library and removing the game should be one of the options on the page.

steam-delete-game-100631673-large.png

Hektor

What thread was it?

The Sony desperately needs 60$ a year per user to finance their expansive infrastructure and you get free games anyways, and are you really so poor that you can't afford a handful a dollar a year aka gamers suffering full-on stockholm syndrom thread probably

Sendou

Having a lot of fun with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Looks great and runs like a dream coming from Dishonored 2. Gameplay is solid too. Nothing crazy in that department but still pretty alright all around.

tmarg

If PS+ and Xbox gold are such great values, why do you still need to use bulky gamer headsets instead of your phone for voice chat on them?

Knurek

Remember folk, you're not lying anymore.
You're just presenting alternative facts.
Like, 'Half-Life 3 will be released some day'.
Or "Microsoft surely won't ever kill Win32 support in Windows'

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this last boss is going to be the most absolute horseshit possible isnt it?

goddamn it just end already game.

edit: yup sure is

barber

why do people have to bend over backwards to analyze the reason of paid online in consoles? It is because they can and makes them money... not like it wasnt tried on pc and didnt work
Rhaknar did you also buy the after episodes for ff4?

Edit: rollback drivers? man the people in that thread have some really weird problems or really love to sign for the beta patches or something

NeoRaider

If it wouldn't be for the game replacing 1/3th of the investigation work with QTE's and minigames, this would be a noticable step up from Crimes & Punishments in all departments. This way, it's better in some aspects, weaker in others.

The cases are all pretty well done, have really fun puzzles and good stories with satisfying conclusions.

I really want to play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom