• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo released on PSN (for everyone)

NHale

Look a Helghast surrounded by logos!

8zeij6.jpg

Smokey

You guys playing with move controls but using a ds3 need to just get aNavi controller. So much more comfortable and DAT sharpshooter.

Corto

Smokey said:
You guys playing with move controls but using a ds3 need to just get aNavi controller. So much more comfortable and DAT sharpshooter.

Oh I will, the Sharpshooter though will be a stretch... If only I could have a secret stash to hide it from my wife! ;)

cgcg

Amazing how much the graphics have improved. First one was already a pretty good looking open world game except for the ugly character models.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
cgcg said:
Amazing how much the graphics have improved. First one was already a pretty good looking open world game except for the ugly character models.
I think you might be in the wrong thread. inFamous 2 post, I'm guessing? That said, KZ3 does look insanely good.

yurinka

Fucking awesome. Love the move controls, they are way better than dual analogs for FPS (not a pro FPS player here).

Played perfectly with DS3 instead of Navi. Instead of holding the DS3 in the hair, hold its right side in your left knee. Hold your right arm with the move in your right leg while sitting in the sofa. Calibrate and adjust the controls options properly (really important, if not it's going to be a mess) and enjoy the awesome.

Can't wait for the full game. Guerrilla fixed that shit.

Smokey

yurinka said:
Fucking awesome. Love the move controls, they are way better than dual analogs for FPS (not a pro FPS player here).

Played perfectly with DS3 instead of Navi. Instead of holding the DS3 in the hair, hold its right side in your left knee. Hold your right arm with the move in your right leg while sitting in the sofa. Calibrate and adjust the controls options properly (really important, if not it's going to be a mess) and enjoy the awesome.

Can't wait for the full game. Guerrilla fixed that shit.
Maybe I'm just weird like that. Just the thought of holding a full controller a certain way just to use one analog stick irritates me lol

DoomGyver

NHale said:
Look a Helghast surrounded by logos!

8zeij6.jpg
LOGOzone 3! Now with more logos!

They could have at least shrunk the logos down and put them all along the bottom of the box art. ffs

EDIT: anyone want to do a fan made box art?

Zeliard

I'm curious if we're going to see an anti-color backlash. You have these games formerly criticized for being too brown/gray/generally monochromatic, and then with their sequels they tend to increase the color palette dramatically, which often changes the tone a bit.

Makes me wonder if we'll see a "man fuck this rainbow shit" Diablo 3-style reverse backlash with some of these games as they start to pour on the color.

Smokey

I hope not...the game and its color palette look fine.

I can understand the diablo 3 backlash though...seeing how game is about hell and all lol

TacticalFox88 said:
Move is basically universally praised. Wow. I'm shocked. Seriously.
Yup, the only reason I haven't yet bought one is because of money, it seems like a solid controller option.

I wonder if it'll become a standard for next generation. It seems to be doing well in terms of sales and several of the upcoming PS3 FPSs are supporting it.

Tux

BPK said:
Enjoyed the demo quite a bit. That said, I must say that I miss the dark aesthetic of Killzone 2. The game is a little too bright for my tastes and the character banter didn't always work. I miss my edgier Killzone 2 but I'll still be there Day 1 for 3.

The online demo looked average to good. The single player demo looks a lot better; especially the snow/iceberg/water area.

Man

Having both I really feel that this is both the Move game and the 3D game. I doubt any game this gen will seriously outmaneuver it in how well it handles those aspects.

Corto

TacticalFox88 said:
Move is basically universally praised. Wow. I'm shocked. Seriously.

And the way GG implemented it resulted in a creation of a new FPS sub-genre: on rails-but not really on rails shooter. You can move freely in the environment, but in a giving screen you can shoot any target of your choosing. It really is a great new way of playing FPS.

Shiloa

Corto said:
And the way GG implemented it resulted in a creation of a new FPS sub-genre: on rails-but not really on rails shooter. You can move freely in the environment, but in a giving screen you can shoot any target of your choosing. It really is a great new way of playing FPS.
What?

Carl said:
Out of interest, why are you shocked?
GG, who we all bag on for their idiotic design choices, are the first developers arguably to nail motion controls for a FPS. That in itself speaks volumes of their potential. They just make very bad decisions.

Corto

Shiloa said:

In the classical controller based gameplay of FPS the weapon sight/crosshair is always on the center screen and when the player moves it the screen moves accordingly. With Move the weapon sight and the background screen move independently. It's... strange, and hard to explain, but it just works.

Carl

TacticalFox88 said:
GG, who we all bag on for their idiotic design choices, are the first developers arguably to nail motion controls for a FPS. That in itself speaks volumes of their potential. They just make very bad decisions.

Ah right yeah that makes lots of sense. I read some Arstechnica article about their Move implementation, seemed like they took a lot of time and effort to do it.

TacticalFox88 said:

0106_sm00.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
coldvein said:
sure would love to be playing this demo right now.

Repost:

QUOTE TO SEE ACCOUNT INFO TO GRAB DEMO

If anyone wants the demo, the demo is still in my download history, which makes me believe anyone can grab it. Quote this message to see the account info. Do not repost account info anywhere else. I don't give a fuck if I lose the account, I just want to help GAFFERS out.

Cheers :)

If you're clueless, make a new user account on your PS3, sign up for PSN and create an existing PSN account. Use the account info above, login, go to the store and view the download list. Download and play.

TacticalFox88 said:

First I have felt comfortable with... that dynamic bounding box is fucking incredible.

Aspiring

Wario64 said:
Repost:

Thanks man helped a ton, downloading now!

I loved Killzone 2 so cant wait to play this and with everybody's move impressions being poositive i have that out waiting!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Corto said:
In the classical controller based gameplay of FPS the weapon sight/crosshair is always on the center screen and when the player moves it the screen moves accordingly. With Move the weapon sight and the background screen move independently. It's... strange, and hard to explain, but it just works.

I take it you haven't played many FPS on Wii.

onken

Haven't had a chance to play it yet but those screenshots look fucking insane, have they been touched-up at all?

For those of you who are using Move and are good with it - how far from your camera are you sitting/playing? I am about 6' from my camera and the veritcal movement speed seems too high. I end up looking at the ground or sky far too frequently. I am very comfortable with the horizontal movement, but regardless of bounding box settings I can not get comfortable with the vertical movement.

onken

Well, wow. Though yeah I hope they fix the Move controls on the jetpack, wayyy to sensitive. Looks incredible, plays much snappier, you actually get revived by the AI!!! (I'd often wondered why it's always a 1-sided affair in pretty much all other games, including KZ2), and the move controls are glorious though I was used to them thanks to the mp demo. Do wish they'd put melee on a button though, upsets my aim too much trying to do it with waggle.

the_prime_mover said:
For those of you who are using Move and are good with it - how far from your camera are you sitting/playing? I am about 6' from my camera and the veritcal movement speed seems too high. I end up looking at the ground or sky far too frequently. I am very comfortable with the horizontal movement, but regardless of bounding box settings I can not get comfortable with the vertical movement.

About 4.5 - 5 feet here.

Carl

the_prime_mover said:

About 3 feet, maximum.

yurinka

Corto said:
True. And awesome.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I'm not really of them removing the weight of the guns and some other changes that i'm sure a million people have already said. i'm glad killzone 2 exists as it does, and looking forward to resistance 3.

yurinka

the_prime_mover said:
2 meters aprox. Less than 3.

Make sure the camera is pointing to the front. When calibrating Move, don't point to the camera when it asks for it. Just point forward in a confortable position, like you were pointing to a neutral zone. When it ask to point to the corners, just do it turning with a subtle wrist movement, that is the only needed to play. You don't need to move the entire arm like if you were pointing a real gun.

Try to adjust the settings and calibrate 2 or 3 times until you get the optimal settings.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Wario64 said:
Repost:

If anyone wants the demo, the demo is still in my download history, which makes me believe anyone can grab it. Quote this message to see the account info. Do not repost account info anywhere else. I don't give a fuck if I lose the account, I just want to help GAFFERS out.

Cheers :)

If you're clueless, make a new user account on your PS3, sign up for PSN and create an existing PSN account. Use the account info above, login, go to the store and view the download list. Download and play.
So um, it gives the error "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (email address)".

Is that because someone else is using it right now?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Corto said:
You can change the deadzone, and if you change it to 0, 0 you get cursor almost locked in the middle of the screen.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toxicgonzo said:
So um, it gives the error "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (email address)".

You need to create a new user on your PS3

Veelk

Banned
toxicgonzo said:

You need to make a new user to do it.

Top Bottom