• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo released on PSN (for everyone)

nib95

Banned
Maybe someone else can confirm, but I think the actual retail game has slightly improved visuals even over the SP demo. I think the water looks better (richer colours, more life like(?), I think it has more of some sort of sheen or reflective effect, plus more shards of ice floating around in and on it). I also think they've added ice to certain segments, along with some cool snow plume effects (like billowing smoke, only soft snow). I could be wrong, but just quick observations. Or I just didn't pay enough attention to the demo lol.

CozMick

Banned
flipswitch said:
When does the AUS psn store usually update? I think it's friday morning?

Just get yourself a US account, there store updates today and I'm pretty sure the sp demo is included.

Afrikan

Thrakier said:
Just played through the demo on hard with move and NO crosshair. Works amazingly well. Wow. Obviously it's a tiny bit harder than with crosshair, but that makes the fun, does it? It's just so much more immersive without that yellowish somewhat thing there...crazy. Best shooter experience this gen, period.

just thinking about how crazy it would be to play with no-hud, no crosshair, and in 3D. :eek:

Are there different control setups for Move?
I want aim on L1 and not L2. Maybe it's better if you play with the Navi, but it's not really comfortable with the DS3 in one hand, at least if you want to have a finger on each L1 and L2. (also I'm still used to the Move-less first beta and accidentally throw grenades :p ).

I have not ironed out my Move settings yet, but no aim help + no crosshair was very fun in the demo.

Corto

I've being playing some Killzone 2 SP the last few days and the difference in the character models to this demo is just stunning. nib95 posts are making the wait even worse than it already is... hehehehe

BeeDog

Goddamn it's fun to play with HUD/crosshair off with the Move controller. It's awesome when you take cover behind a crate and then just blindfire spray over it towards the Helghans. I feel like such a manly man then. :p

Facism

the last section in the demo, with the tanks and WASPs would make a quality MP map with some extra structures placed about in the middle.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BeeDog said:
Goddamn it's fun to play with HUD/crosshair off with the Move controller. It's awesome when you take cover behind a crate and then just blindfire spray over it towards the Helghans. I feel like such a manly man then. :p
Yeah, I actually think Move controls feel better when you disable the crosshair. It somehow makes turning feel more natural.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
US Store got updated, so the demo should be available for everyone now in case you somehow couldn't grab it before

Patrick Bateman said:
Still not available, except for PS+, in Germany.

It's free content and rated 18, I don't think it will ever be available in the German Store (aside from PS+ of course).

But you don't have an US account (and UK account)? Make them ASAP.

edgefusion

I bought Move for this and now I feel super disappointed. I just can't play it with the Move controller, it's super twitchy even on the lowest settings and I just can't aim for shit. :( Maybe I'm just too stuck in my non-motion-controller ways to adapt to playing a game like this with Move.

StuBurns

Banned
I watched the GiantBomb QL even though I tried to resist. It looks fucking incredible.
I think KZ2 was pretty middle of the road, a good game but in no way great outside of the presentation, but knowing how this game plays from the demo, I'm a lot more confident this will actually be a great game and I'm really excited about it for the first time. Can't wait.

EDIT: Wrong thread, what a dick-tits I am.

Hazelhurst

edgefusion said:
I bought Move for this and now I feel super disappointed. I just can't play it with the Move controller, it's super twitchy even on the lowest settings and I just can't aim for shit. :( Maybe I'm just too stuck in my non-motion-controller ways to adapt to playing a game like this with Move.
It takes practice. Once you get the hang of it you won't go back to the DS3 for KZ3. I came in number 1 twice the other night in a 24 player match using the Move. I love it.

spats

edgefusion said:

Definitely give it some time first. There's a noticeable learning curve.

edgefusion said:
it will take a couple of days and you will have to find your best settings. i'm now on the point where the sixaxis just feels fucking weird and unimmersive. But i'll keep playing with both every now and then.

Finally played the demo in 3d, awesome. Question at E3 they demo the move and in order to pick up another weapon didn't you push the move controller toward the weapon? did they remove that, cause all it shows is the square button.

MOVE/NAVI/3D is a great way to play

MoFuzz

I finally got a chance to try this for a bit over the weekend. I definitely liked what I played/saw in comparison to KZ2. There's a lot more variety in the colour palette which is great, and the controls are decidedly more responsive than the previous game. Controls and the feel that accompanies them is a huge part of what makes an FPS for me. On the other hand, the amount of auto-aim is much too generous, and I feel like KZ2 was better in this respect.

I honestly find it baffling that there are still those of you who subscribe to the theory that the "weighted" controls of KZ2 were some sort of intentional part of the game design. It's been documented on numerous tech sites, most notably Digital Foundry, that the input lag permeates throughout the game's menus and is also noticeable when pressing buttons/triggers, which should have absolutely nothing to do with how a gun feels or weighs. It was measured as a good deal slower than Call of Duty or Halo's input response times. I really doubt Guerrilla intended to have "weighty" pause menus and title screens, and I genuinely believe it was a limiting factor of the tech at the time. Anyways, good on them for polishing up the response times for this round.

It wouldn't be a Killzone thread without the crazies of course, so I present to you, the following nuggets of wisdom from some of our more distinguished and mature posters.

zoukka said:
Didn't like KZ2 at all, but those screens look crazy. PC master race am cry.
Arnie said:
Best looking game ever, eat that PC master race.
I mean, it's not like it's possible for someone who owns a PC, to also own a PS3,360 or Wii. And for someone to own all three consoles and a PC? Jesus titty-fucking christ, that would be inconceivable.

Played the game finally.
It has some of the best graphics I ever seen. It's just jarring playing Call of Duty & Battlefield just a few days ago & then play this. It's like it's on a new console.

I did not like the controls though. Very loose & swimy, way too easy to overshoot a target when aiming. Shame they removed the slow lag in the controls, but went to the other extreme.

Top Bottom