• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo released on PSN (for everyone)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Japan & Hong Kong stores have it up for everyone.
PS+ subscribers in NA/EU, it's up for you (it will be up next week in the NA/EU store for everyone).

3D and 2D versions
Full Move support
All difficulties available (Elite unlocks after beating any difficulty)
20-30 minute demo
Jetpack gameplay
1.5 GB

go go go

Courtesy of Wario64

note: don't actually quote the post. The hidden account info will show in the reply box.
Wario64 said:
Repost:

QUOTE TO SEE ACCOUNT INFO TO GRAB DEMO

If anyone wants the demo, the demo is still in my download history, which makes me believe anyone can grab it. Quote this message to see the account info. Do not repost account info anywhere else. I don't give a fuck if I lose the account, I just want to help GAFFERS out.

Cheers :)

If you're clueless, make a new user account on your PS3, sign up for PSN and create an existing PSN account. Use the account info above, login, go to the store and view the download list. Download and play.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Doh, PS+ in the US. Guess I won't be playing this demo after Marvel hits my hands. lol

Hanmik

How to make a Hong Kong PSN account: (Gaf for dummies)

- First create a new user on your PlayStation 3 (completely over to the left of the XMB menu.)
- Log off the old user, and log onto the new.
- Head over to the Playstation Network and select "Sign up for Playstation Network.
- Select "Hong Kong" as a country and enter a birthday date.
- Select "Master Account".
- Press "Accept" at the Terms of Service.
- Enter an email. also find a password and security Question.
- Come up with an online-ID
- Enter first name and surname (or possibly. Just write something random) and sex.
- When you get to the address field, enter the following:
- Street Address 1: 1 Harbour Rd "
- District: "Hong Kong"
- City: Wan Chai "
- Country Region: "Hong Kong"
- Choose whether you want to enter billing information (could also be done later).

Voila!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks for the heads up dood.
Downloading now.

btkadams

i really really enjoyed it. especially in 3d. it was a bit jarring at first because the 3d is really intense but i didn't have many issues with crosstalk. i mean, there's always some little parts with crosstalk in the 3d games i've played, but it seems like you get used to that stuff after 10 minutes of playing anyways.

alr1ght

StuBurns said:
I only see the Beta on the JPN store.

yeah, i just checked, but I can't really search for it. The HK store is in full english, so that may be easier for some.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And my ADSL2+ won't be connected for another week at the earliest (most likely two). Poo.

StuBurns

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
yeah, i just checked, but I can't really search for it. The HK store is in full english, so that may be easier for some.
It's easy enough to search, press the search icon, hit select twice and enter the name. But only the beta and some trailers are in there at the moment.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hanmik said:
How to make a Hong Kong PSN account: (Gaf for dummies)

- First create a new user on your PlayStation 3 (completely over to the left of the XMB menu.)
- Log off the old user, and log onto the new.
- Head over to the Playstation Network and select "Sign up for Playstation Network.
- Select "Hong Kong" as a country and enter a birthday date.
- Select "Master Account".
- Press "Accept" at the Terms of Service.
- Enter an email. also find a password and security Question.
- Come up with an online-ID
- Enter first name and surname (or possibly. Just write something random) and sex.
- When you get to the address field, enter the following:
- Street Address 1: 1 Harbour Rd "
- District: "Hong Kong"
- City: Wan Chai "
- Country Region: "Hong Kong"
- Choose whether you want to enter billing information (could also be done later).

Voila!

The whole thing is in English and I made up stuff to create it...guide not really necessary

alr1ght

Keikoku said:
Misleading thread title. Does somebody have an HK dummy account ? :(

well it was supposed to be PS+ exclusive for a week, and it is available if you take the time.

New title:
Killzone 3 Single Player Demo released on PSN (for everyone, except the lazy)

fernoca

Yeah, I'm avoiding both the beta and this demo, want to stay virgin of this game till release. :p

That said; free Stacking >> Killzone 3 single player demo; so Plus still wins! :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jetpack's fun, but that's about it.

Enemies are still bullet sponges on Veteran. It's goddamn stupid that I can light their asses up with a Gatling Gun only for them to eat bullets for a minute before dying. The Jetpack's minigun is pretty week. :/

TheSeks said:

Enemies are still bullet sponges on Veteran. It's goddamn stupid that I can light their asses up with a Gatling Gun only for them to eat bullets for a minute before dying. The Jetpack's minigun is pretty week. :/

Too bad. I mean, i really like the cover based gameplay. Wish there was a hardcore mode in which i had a bit lower health and enemies had much less. I mean it could' ve been a great tactical shooter. Is that too much to ask for? :(

CozMick

Banned
Just finished it............

Absolutely fucking bonkers visuals and sound.

The WASP is an insane weapon, gunplay is epic with Move.........WOW!

The full game is gonna be incredible

methos75

Banned
Its an ok Demo, but not really sold on the game now at all because of it. First off it does as others have stated feel just like COD now, for some this might be a good thing but IMO this has cause the weapons and combat to lose the weight the second one had. Secondly the graphics just aren't as good looking in person as the pics and vids online make them seem, I really see little upgrade over the graphics I KZ2 at all and after playing both this and the Crysis 2 demo on the XB360, Crysis 2 just easily owns this game. Its not a bad looking game at all, still better looking than most FPS, but its not at the top of the overall graphic pile, though it does have nice explosions. And I have to point out the water, it sucks ass. it looks some awesome in online low res vids, in person it looks like rolling Jello and not really water at all.

Another letdown is when they show the characters close up, the clothes look plastic and unrealistic, and the gear looks painted on and moves with them unnaturally and just looks flat. Even COD:BO had better character models and Drake is light years ahead of the ones used here. This also applies to the background textures, lots of the area just look flat and detailess the closer you get. I do like the snow storm effects though, looks very nice and realistic IMO.

Also that opening sequence, I hope more of the game isn't like that. I hate when devs try to cram on the rail sequences into games like this, and that is what they did. Yes its fun and its cool looking, but its not what I want to see every 10 minutes. Other than that its just basic FPS gameplay, nothing really new and I cannot even say its any different or better than what is found in other FPS like COD and Halo. Its not even as good as KZ2 IMO, since they took the weapon weight out which made KZ2 feel different. I know many hated it, but I loved it myself. Too bad its gone now.

I do have to point out the sound design, if you have a proper sound set-up that can do uncompressed audio, your going to be in heaven. Very nice.

TheSeks said:

Enemies are still bullet sponges on Veteran. It's goddamn stupid that I can light their asses up with a Gatling Gun only for them to eat bullets for a minute before dying. The Jetpack's minigun is pretty weak. :/

...Eh. Sure, dude. @methos -- you must be gaming on a standard definition cardboard box. 'Cause that's a lot of bull.

CozMick

Banned
methos75 said:
Its an ok Demo, but not really sold on the game now at all because of it. First off it does as others have stated feel just like COD now, for some this might be a good thing but IMO this has cause the weapons and combat to lose the weight the second one had. Secondly the graphics just aren't as good looking in person as the pics and vids online make them seem, I really see little upgrade over the graphics I KZ2 at all and after playing both this and the Crysis 2 demo on the XB360, Crysis 2 just easily owns this game. Its not a bad looking game at all, still better looking than most FPS, but its not at the top of the overall graphic pile, though it does have nice explosions. And I have to point out the water, it sucks ass. it looks some awesome in online low res vids, in person it looks like rolling Jello and not really water at all.

Another letdown is when they show the characters close up, the clothes look plastic and unrealistic, and the gear looks painted on and moves with them unnaturally and just looks flat. Even COD:BO had better character models and Drake is light years ahead of the ones used here. This also applies to the background textures, lots of the area just look flat and detailess the closer you get. I do like the snow storm effects though, looks very nice and realistic IMO.

Also that opening sequence, I hope more of the game isn't like that. I hate when devs try to cram on the rail sequences into games like this, and that is what they did. Yes its fun and its cool looking, but its not what I want to see every 10 minutes. Other than that its just basic FPS gameplay, nothing really new and I cannot even say its any different or better than what is found in other FPS like COD and Halo. Its not even as good as KZ2 IMO, since they took the weapon weight out which made KZ2 feel different. I know many hated it, but I loved it myself. Too bad its gone now.

I do have to point out the sound design, if you have a proper sound set-up that can do uncompressed audio, your going to be in heaven. Very nice.

This is the lamest attempt at trolling I have ever seen

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

CozMick said:
This is the lamest attempt at trolling I have ever seen

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
One guy writes a big body of text detailing his impressions. Other user brushes it off with a single line.

I wonder, who is the troll?

Looking forward to trying this out when I get home.

r.gun

Neo Member
DoctorWho said:
One guy writes a big body of text detailing his impressions. Other user brushes it off with a single line.

Dude's saying the character models look better in CODBLOPS. What kind of impression is that... a misguided one.

CozMick

Banned
DoctorWho said:

How the fuck can I be trolling someone who thinks Black Ops has better character models than Killzone 3?

Why would I waste my time trolling him?

Mr_Brit

Banned
r.gun said:
Dude's saying the character models look better in CODBLOPS. What kind of impression is that... a misguided one.
In his defense the character models in Black Ops are very nice(even when compared to games like UC and KZ).

NameIess

methos75 said:

This is absolute bullshit the game looks incredible and with the new melee combo system and slide to cover theres plenty of variety to the gameplay mechanics. Honestly the sp campaign has addressed all of the concerns with the original and delivers on a cinematic exciting experience. I agree the mp still needs some tweaking if you liked Killzone 2 mp, but the sp campaign is a huge step forward. I can't believe reviewers are giving this game anything less than a 9 after playing the sp demo...

methos75

Banned
Its funny that when someone actually comments on what he is seeing he is trolling, how amazingly illogical and immature. Sorry but its called an opinion, and IMO KZ3 doesn't live up to the hype in mine, sorry I feel that why but I do. I think I was concise and detailed in my impressions and why I didn't think it the bee's knees, so what is the issue besides fanboyism here with some of you? Do you get all butthurt everytime someone has a differing perspective, must suck living in the US with all that freedom of speech huh. And I am willing to bet my HDTV and set-up is better than a great many here, I am playing on Kuro, nothing beats that

There can be faults found with kz3 without a doubt but visually wouldnt be one i would be pulling up. Crysis 2 demo on xbox isnt anywhere close to looking as good as kz3 imho neither is blops. I loved the demo, looked amazing sounded amazing plays amazing too.

CozMick

Banned
methos75 said:
Its funny that when someone actually comments on what he is seeing he is trolling, how amazingly illogical and immature. Sorry but its called an opinion, and IMO KZ3 doesn't live up to the hype in mine, sorry I feel that why but I do. And I am willing to bet my HDTV and set-up is better than a great many here, I am playing on Kuro, nothing beats that

Have you heard yourself?

"My tv is better than your tv nuh nuh nuh nuh..............."

When you come out with idiotic comments like that and state tht KZ3 just ain't that good.....................compared to Black Ops of all games then well, I have no words.

The Faceless Master said:
you're the one trolling, that guy has very detailed impressions.

So because he gave a detailed trolling about the visuals and models that's ok?

Noted!

Top Bottom