• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full E3 Press Conference Dates/Times (Nintendo, MS, Sony, EA, Ubisoft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

MMaRsu said:
what are the tmes in gmt+1? Sorry if this has been asked countless times..
In both 12 and 24 hour time:
E3times.png
e3times24.png

Loudninja

Experience E3 LIVE From Your PS3 With Streaming Keynote, Virtual PlayStation Booth
With the E3 Expo just around the corner, the PlayStation Home team is happy to announce that you’ll be able to be part of the convention excitement — right from your PS3!

For the first time ever, PlayStation Home will host a live public video stream of the Sony E3 press conference on Monday, June 6 at 5pm Pacific Time in a special screening room. You can watch SCEA President and CEO Jack Tretton reveal all of the big E3 announcements and watch never-before-seen footage of tons of upcoming PS3 and NGP titles.

We’re also happy to confirm that the PlayStation Home E3 Virtual Booth is making a triumphant return! The virtual booth was visited by a lot of people last year (five times more people than physically attended E3 2010!), making it huge success for us and hopefully for you as well. If you visited the booth last year, you’ll remember that we enabled you to explore a virtual recreation of PlayStation’s E3 booth. Expect the same this year, with a few new surprises — including a 3D-rendered NGP to inspect from every angle.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-streaming-keynote-virtual-playstation-booth/

Phenomic

Loudninja said:
Experience E3 LIVE From Your PS3 With Streaming Keynote, Virtual PlayStation Booth

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-streaming-keynote-virtual-playstation-booth/

A reason for me to use Home? I think I will actually do this. I think in the past they have always streamed the conference like two hours after it actually finished, which I never saw the point in. Why wait to see the same thing only later.

Also the 3D Rendered NGP might be interesting concept. Will check that out as well.

Darklord

Banned
Clipper said:
In both 12 and 24 hour time:
e3times24.png

So it's 2am, 5:30am, 7:30am and 10:00am for me? Holy shit. Bad times this year! Hmm, I work late that day so maybe pull an all nighter, sleep in the afternoon and go to work with like 4 hours sleep.

...I'm crazy.

KingDizzi

Banned
So I've only got my iPad with me and really want to watch the conferences on it, what sites would be best to use for the streams? I hear YouTube are doing it which I guess will work but love for gamestop to work on it since they have been solid for the last few timed I've watched it. Its really hit n miss with the iPad in terms of watching media with Apple having locked out a very popular video format. :/ Thanks

Ark

tea_and_crumpets said:
Can someone give me Brit times for Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo shows please. :)

It's in the tables. BST = British Summer Time.

Looks like I'll miss the Microsoft conference by an hour, damn afternoon exams. I'll just have to watch it instead of the Ubisoft conference, if it's uploaded on demand by then.

RetroMG

Can anyone recommend a good Twitter account to follow for live updates from the conferences? I'm going to be stuck at work for at least 1 or 2 of them, and all the sites that cover E3 are blocked at my work. (Except Endgadet, as long as they don't use Coveritlive.)

Stackboy

How soon after the press conference announcements can we expect full videos to be up? I can watch the MS one live, but not the Sony one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Stackboy said:
How soon after the press conference announcements can we expect full videos to be up? I can watch the MS one live, but not the Sony one.
Game trailers and other sites usually have it up pretty fast I think.

Clipper

GarthVaderUK said:
Microsoft's conference doesn't actually start until 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET / 5:30pm in the UK:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Articles/20110526-e3-2011-spiketv
http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/e3
I'll probably update the times in the tables soon. Sony is doing a similar thing, with the announced time being the entrance time and the actual presentation starting half an hour later, so I don't know whether to change that time or not.

Sickboy007 said:
Only conference that matters:

http://www.konami.com/e3/
Have we had confirmation whether the countdown time is to the pre-show or whether it's just when the site opens up? That's the only reason why I haven't added it to the tables yet.

bdizzle said:
Is Kojima having his own conference? Will he be at the Konami conference? An e3 without Kojima is an e3 I don't want to exist :(

Koji Pro will be announcing something at the Konami event.

They will even a special Podcast after the event to give more info on whatever it is.

Maybe Kojima will be there, Maybe he wont.

bdizzle said:
I believe I read gametrailers will have a live stream available for iOS devices.
Thanks. I guess I'll check out the site the day of the conferences and hopefully there is a link there for their live stream.

Clipper

Frankenstrat said:
/facepalm

welp, time to start independently verifying information from now on
Incidentally, your information wasn't totally wrong. The entire event does go for 5 hours, with the keynote being the one and a half mentioned.

Clipper said:
Incidentally, your information wasn't totally wrong. The entire event does go for 5 hours, with the keynote being the one and a half mentioned.
The additional 3.5 hours is to make sure everyone stays up late and is tired for the Nintendo conference.
KuGsj.gif

Clipper

OK, I made some potential revisions to the conference timetable. This indicates the times the streams should start for Microsoft and Sony rather than the times people start sitting down and also has the time that the Konami clock is counting down to...

e3timesrevised.png

Should I continue with this one, keep the old one, go with a compromise or go with even more changes?

Clipper

DrForester said:
I'd really just stick the times the companies say they're starting to avoid any confusion.
That's the problem though. Both Microsoft and Sony have stated the streams of the keynote speeches start half an hour after the times we had listed previously. These are the times the streams are actually going to start. The other times are when people will still be sitting down and there'll just be music and montages on the screens with no actual information. Which time are we more interested in?

I'm happy to take GAF consensus to determine this, so speak up if you have an opinion.

lockload

Clipper said:
I'll probably update the times in the tables soon. Sony is doing a similar thing, with the announced time being the entrance time and the actual presentation starting half an hour later, so I don't know whether to change that time or not.

Have we had confirmation whether the countdown time is to the pre-show or whether it's just when the site opens up? That's the only reason why I haven't added it to the tables yet.

According to this the event screen online worldwide at 17:00 PST

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233485726666533&ref=ts

For the first time in company history, KONAMI will invigorate fans and gaming enthusiasts by releasing company news, game trailers and exclusive interviews via an internationally coordinated online screening event. Join us at http://konami.com/e3/ this Thursday, June 2nd!

02 June · 17:00 - 20:00

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is the first time I'm actually going to be working at home during E3. I'm seriously considering sitting all day in the living room and working just so I can watch the conferences while I work.

Who the fuck am I kidding? I'm not getting any work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom