• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
DrForester said:

apart from being simple mindedly obsessed with rarity, yes

Narag said:
The dumb or asshole male characters are just more memorable and are often used to put over the main cast as more capable.

well
Faust IS a self proclaimed feminist

Pandaman said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA U FUNNY, I KILL U LAST.

also gummy.

big mac and gummy. wow, maybe there is a problem here.

we know the sex of the crocodile now?
what about the rabbit? hahaha

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
also gummy.

big mac and gummy. wow, maybe there is a problem here.
There's also Braeburn. He's not totally useless.

And many welcomes to AztecSoul and Bakphoon.

Why, I'd say you're already part of the family!

Bakphoon

In honor of the Lunar Eclipse i made a photo of the moon:

Pic of moon
Shoot it myself

Also some Belle Eve (edited):

xb77g.jpg

Original picture was made by careksims

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Uchip said:
we know the sex of the crocodile now?
what about the rabbit? hahaha
yes, pinkie refers to him as a he.
as for angel, i dont think its known yet. fluttershy typically jus calls it by name.

Bakphoon said:
Also some Belle Eve (edited):

http://i.imgur.com/xb77g.jpg[IMG]
Original picture was made by careksims[/QUOTE]
so beautiful. ;_;

[QUOTE=DrForester]She's so happy that he's banished to the moon.[/QUOTE]
stop poisoning things with your LIES.

also, its clearly a commissioned engraving, note the lack of colour. Clearly equestria's moon is not tidally locked, so it rotates an image of pandapony and belle staring into each others eyes.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
AztecSoul said:
Hi everybody, a new member here. I started following MLP 2 months ago, and guess what? I LOVE THIS FREAKING SHOW!, I laughed and enjoyed every single episode, all the character are amazing, and the songs moments are not annoying, are awesome.
I hope to get a good time with all of you guys
Be sure to join our weekend synctubes! Also: Welcome!

Calpain

AztecSoul said:
Hi everybody, a new member here. I started following MLP 2 months ago, and guess what? I LOVE THIS FREAKING SHOW!, I laughed and enjoyed every single episode, all the character are amazing, and the songs moments are not annoying, are awesome.
I hope to get a good time with all of you guys

Bakphoon said:
Hey bronies,
I got approved today.
The most of you all have seen me already on tinychat.
That calls for a party!!!
I love you guys :)

Welcome you guys! Good to see fans joining the thread here. And did someone say party?

Welcome new bronies. Be sure to join us in the http://tinychat.com/ponygaf, facebook group and the weekly synchtube sessions.

Uchip said:
the originals were better :(

I disagree, I watched the original vids of the songs eariler and for me the Pony MVs > Originals. The originals were basically just guys hovering in front of a camera waving their arms around and trying to act all gangsta. The PMV had greater comedy due to the scenes picked accentuating the lyrics. However, Chorus Guy and Canadian were great in the real vid.

Uchip

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
I disagree, I watched the original vids of the songs eariler and for me the Pony MVs > Originals. The originals were basically just guys hovering in front of a camera waving their arms around and trying to act all gangsta. The PMV had greater comedy due to the scenes picked accentuating the lyrics. However, Chorus Guy and Canadian were great in the real vid.

uh
yeah
like MC's :|
as someone that subscribes to hiphop culture the originals were funnier
the MLP one is completely out of context so it just seems like a silly spoof of a spoof rather than funny imo

I only have 3 episodes left to watch. v_v

Myke Greywolf said:
constructive criticism
Thanks. It's a 4x6" Bamboo P&T.

And nope I'm right-handed. I don't know why but I have a weird tendency to draw slanted with a tablet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
careksims said:
Okay comp just crashed, but unless we get more active mods in the chat, I won't be coming back for awhile. :/

That bad eh?

Keep the ponychat wars out of this magical thread if it's getting so bad that it scared careksims away.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DrForester said:
That bad eh?

Keep the ponychat wars out of this magical thread if it's getting so bad that it scared careksims away.
i believe he's referring to the random trolls who wander in from the tinychat directory and shit all over the place because the chat mods are not there or afk.

Narag

Pandaman said:
i believe he's referring to the random trolls who wander in from the tinychat directory and shit all over the place because the chat mods are not there or afk.

That's been my experience in there as well when I've visited. The actual regulars are pretty cordial.

DrForester said:
That bad eh?

It was just a couple of trolls. This does not happen on a regular basis. Carek we need you back :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
cheezmo just needs to designate more mods. its a 24/7 public chatroom with unrestricted access and the mods we do have cant be expected to check the room every 10minutes of their day.

Adelor Lyon

Neo Member
I'm not sure what everyone here thinks about My Little Pony fan fiction, but I just finished reading the most incredible story by Saddlesoap Opera on Fanfiction.net. I don't think I can recommend it highly enough for what it deserves. Six chapters, one for each pony. Linked in chronological order:

1) Fluttershy: Origins
2) Pinkie Pie: Schism
3) Rainbow Dash: Dependence
4) Applejack: Exposure
5) Rarity: Loss
6) Twilight Sparkle: Spellbound

The first chapter is short and the second chapter really get the ball rolling. I was intrigued after the first chapter and the second chapter completely sucked me into the story. Every chapter keeps getting more and more interesting, and while I hate to use the word "epic" to describe anything anymore, I can't think of anything else to describe this. The fact that it's in well written English also helps the readability and enjoyability.

It's almost 2:00am on a workday and after reading this from beginning to end in one sitting (I could not put it down!), I need to sleep on what I've read to process it. Its tone starts off kind of creepy but interestingly plausible for what so many people would dismiss as a funny scene in show for kids, and as the story unfolds the author continues to introduce new conflicts and scenarios one wouldn't expect from the Pony universe and keeps one-upping it, revealing each of the ponies' conflicts slowly, piece by piece. I'm just awestruck at how much this works with many of the things we've seen in the show, even very subtle things, and how well it could fit into the canon universe if you're willing to accept that Pony could be this dark, complicated, and interesting!

Just a fair warning, though: There are parts of this story that involve "Shipping," or trying to pair the ponies in romantic relationships. With each other. I'm sure that's not for everyone here, but I don't think the author goes too far with the physical relationships that occur in one or two scenes, and nothing blatantly explicit is ever described. (no clopping here) It's used as a plot device. It's not fan service. Just be warned that it's there, and as far as I'm concerned it's completely relevant to the story being told.

And man, what a story. I'm sure when (not if) I go back and re-read it I might find a few flaws or problems I have with the author's contributions and interpretations of Pony, but right now I'm just bowled over by what I've read and how adult the characters are portrayed in this story. It's an intensely different and mature take on Pony, but the author sticks to what makes Pony, Pony: Friendship.

I'm very, very enthusiastic and happy about the kind of media this fandom is putting out. There's excellent art, music, videos, and stories, and so much of it is easy to find because it's so plentiful. The off-season isn't so bad after all. :)

Calpain

Negator said:
Whipped up a little something. Sprite source is desktop ponies.
That's awesome! Great work you've done there. How long does it usually take to put together something like that?

Proelite said:
Just watched it over the weekend. Why am I so fucking late to these kind of things.
Welcome to the thread! Always good to see another face. As for the video you linked I believe it or the anthology it is part of has been linked before. Doesn't matter though because that PONIES parody is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom