• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Nils said:
Don't trust that rumor at all. Seems like the guy just took the last two pages of the current guesses and made a list with those. The roster will almost definitely be split 50-50 and he indeed messed that part up.

On another note, I very much doubt either Marvel or Capcom would be pushing for Hawkeye at this point.
Check post again it's updated with 2 more Capcom characters: Roll and Vergil.

I am having trouble believing we might have a UMVC3 WITHOUT a Spidey villain in it.

SOMEONE SHINE THE LUPINKO SIGNAL!!! I WANT THIS LEAKER JUDGED!!!

Also... Thanos ready to tap some of DAT PHOENIX ASS!

29z3nl5.jpg

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
Check post again it's updated with 2 more Capcom characters: Roll and Vergil.

I am having trouble believing we might have a UMVC3 WITHOUT a Spidey villain in it.

SOMEONE SHINE THE LUPINKO SIGNAL!!! I WANT THIS LEAKER JUDGED!!!

Oh okay. Totally rooting for a Spidey villain as well. Doc Ock/Carnage/Green Goblin any one of those would do for me. If they're going cosmic I'd like the nod to be given to Nova or Darkhawk even though those are more obscure than Thanos. I don't mind the character that much but from what I played of MvC2 which admitedly is very little his moveset felt very boring, so I'm hoping they totally revamp it if he does end up being in.

Dahbomb

Luckydude23 said:
Is Megacrash really in the game? There are rumors about something similar to it but....not sure how I feel about that. Seems weird.
We don't know anything about any mechanics change in the game. We just know there may be a change in mechanics for the game... maybe.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
Yeah man Thanos definitely needs a re-design from his MVC2 counterpart. He needs to be more... COSMIC!

The blue and yellow outfit has to go away too, he looks like an X-Men stowaway in that.

Nyoro SF

I do not trust such a rumor list. Especially not one made so recently and one so conveniently full of the recently deduced characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can someone explain the fascination with Nova and Sentry to me? I'm pretty oblivious to comics but I just wonder why people mention them in every Marvel-related discussions. They all seem stupidly powerful too, but that might just be a Marvel superhero thing in general.

And before you ask, I'm working on the wrap up now.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Can someone explain the fascination with Nova and Sentry to me? I'm pretty oblivious to comics but I just wonder why people mention them in every Marvel-related discussions. They all seem stupidly powerful too, but that might just be a Marvel superhero thing in general.

I would hold on the wrap up just for a bit until we can get the cosmic character confirmed... though I am leaning towards Thanos especially if you want to take into account the Gem/Jem hints (if they count) = Infinite Gems. I know I was wrong about Carnage before but this is a good enough shot to bank on.

And no I am not basing this off of any rumor just my personal intuition. I had locked in Thanos before any list popped up. Rumor list has Vergil on it so it's AUTOMATICALLY SUSPECT in my eyes (ie too good to be true).

vg260

Nils said:
Oh okay. Totally rooting for a Spidey villain as well. Doc Ock/Carnage/Green Goblin any one of those would do for me. If they're going cosmic I'd like the nod to be given to Nova or Darkhawk even though those are more obscure than Thanos. I don't mind the character that much but from what I played of MvC2 which admitedly is very little his moveset felt very boring, so I'm hoping they totally revamp it if he does end up being in.

I'll be happy as long as it's any Spidey villain with green in his outfit. Otherwise, I'll be pissed.

Sentry is fucking despised by comic readers.

And Nova, ripped the intestines out of a giant metal bug that nearly conquered the universe and was going to wipe out all life. Plus he is from Earth, makes jokes as he fights and a known total badass.

EDIT: Forgot ouuurrrrrrrr frrrriiiiennnndllllyyy Lizard now would we?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:

He's a cool character and one of the reasons why cosmic marvel is good. Power-wise he could provide a fun playstyle with his gravity based powers and maybe a really fast flight mode. He's a powerhouse but not overpowered in the comics as he's swinging in the big leagues where he's almost always the underdog. The guy who brought up Darkhawk earlier kinda made me want him more though. I've only read his recent series but I'm a sucker for human characters with sleek cyborg transformations and with his different configurations he could be really diverse. If it were possible I'd be rooting for Tekkaman Blade to make it in this game, but that can't happen.

Sentry is Marvel's Superman pastiche. Very overpowered, but mentally unstable. I don't mind the character but would much rather see other characters making the roster. The last arcs he was in upped the ante even more and gave him complete molecular control and basically near omnipotence.

Dahbomb

crimsonspider89 said:
EDIT: Forgot ouuurrrrrrrr frrrriiiiennnndllllyyy Lizard now would we?
And a bunch of others but those are the good green Spidey villains. I was making the point that I don't think many people would like those green Spidey villains.

vg260

Dahbomb said:
And a bunch of others but those are the good green Spidey villains. I was making the point that I don't think many people would like those green Spidey villains.

I'd love Scorpion or Electro, hence the stipulation. :) Although I know they'd never make it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Let's see Sandman and Mysterio are other green-themed characters but if you go further down the list you get stuff like The Jackall and i actually can't think of any others...

Dahbomb

Much rather have Green Goblin, Lizardman, Sandman, DocOck and Mysterio over those 3 (Vulture, Scorpion and Electro).

Damn... a lot of Spidey villains have green color in them!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
This is literally my top 3 list of Spiderman villains that I hate and if included would be justification for shooting a Marvel rep.

Also, I'm just updating the Red/Red Arrhemer bits, that's all.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
crimsonspider89 said:
Sentry is fucking despised by comic readers.
Yeah, why is this? Is it simply because he's too good?

When my friend introduced Sentry to me as his favourite Marvel character, I thought he looked cool, and that he'd be interesting in a game like this. Had no idea he had such a negative following.

1. Every word out of his mouth retcons
2. He constantly develops new powers.

He was fine in his original mini but Bendis got hold of him and constantly changed his powers and made him unbeatable nearly.

That is why. They claimed he was there Superman when they had Hyperion or Gladiator who were pretty much Superman in there own rights.

DMC ninja theory take that retcon and times it by 1000 and you get Sentry.

Dirtbag

It would be a crime if the update excluded a spidey villain.

Green Goblin
Hob Goblin
Doc Ock.
Carnage
Sandman
New Venom
Anti-Venom
Venom

Some more obscure:
Scream
Swarm
Carrion

crimsonspider89 said:

He was fine in his original mini but Bendis got hold of him and constantly changed his powers and made him unbeatable nearly.

That is why. They claimed he was there Superman when they had Hyperion or Gladiator who were pretty much Superman in there own rights.

Plus, he somehow managed to find the time to nail Rogue on the side.

Yes, let's just fuck up another character's history to make him look better and excuse the X-Men being there.

That was really fucked up.

REALLY FUCKED UP!

*shakes head*

JazzmanZ

Dirtbag said:
It would be a crime if the update excluded a spidey villain.

Green Goblin
Hob Goblin
Doc Ock.
Carnage
Sandman
New Venom
Anti-Venom
Venom

Some more obscure:
Scream
Swarm
Carrion

you forgot Shocker, Rhino and Mysterio.

JazzmanZ

Dirtbag said:
Definitely not an accident

And Kraven the hunter, Scorpion, Kingpin, Hammerhead, Demo goblin, Silver sable, vulture, vulture II, vulture III, the spots dude, the walrus, girl doc ock, the intern--jesus theres so many spider-man villains.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
crimsonspider89 said:

pretty much, and both the shi'ar imperial guard and the Squadron Sinister were spoofs of the JLA.

To be fair with the sentry his whole marketing ploy was a major retcon because he was a supposed "creation of Stan Lee" that was somehow forgotten till the year 2000. So they also made up the story of him making all other superheros forget about him. All in all he's another supes joke character with his "power of 1million exploding suns" bs.

Dahbomb

I have a serious question guys... what if the Cable de-confirm are hints at Cyclops?

I know that when asked about Cable de-confirm, Lupinko said it was close. People just ran with it and assumed Bishop confirmed. What if close was a reference to Cyclops?

I think we should check the "Aids" hints again... especially since so much of the Bishop stuff is now known to about Red Arremer.

AIDS tweets said.

No aids no Aegis Reflector, Aegis Reflector referred to Urien and Urien/Cable both have same VAs.

The aids referred to TO why change John to James due to Ultimate Logan is Ultimate Cable. No TO, no cable.

So could refer to Nate Grey instead of Bishop.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I have a serious question guys... what if the Cable de-confirm are hints at Cyclops?

I know that when asked about Cable de-confirm, Lupinko said it was close. People just ran with it and assumed Bishop confirmed. What if close was a reference to Cyclops?

I think we should check the "Aids" hints again... especially since so much of the Bishop stuff is now known to about Red Arremer.
Where did lupinko directly comment on the idea that it was a Cable disconfirm? I don't remember that bit at all.

And once again, Chibi said it was a disconfirm. I'm willing to believe Chibi at this point.

shaowebb

Red character= Protoman

• 750,000 health
  • low damage
  • has an air dash that appears as item 2
  • double jump is a unique feature where he uses item 1 to extend his jump. Item acts as a platform and disappears after 1 marvel second

• Has a staggerable cable 4 shot
  • down H is a fast slide that goes under most projectiles
  • forward H is a shield that reflects projectiles.
  • Up H is the shield reflector and guards against overheads including divekick
  • has a mashable shot that hides behind his shield and that can move forward similar to silver samurai's sword
  • Hadoken motion any attack is a short range super armored shield dash that acts as a launcher
  • Has a charge shot like Zero, but Protoman's results in a wall bounce

• LVL 1 hyper is a boost on speed and damage that makes him turn into Breakman
  • LVL 1 hyper of a super large and fast projectile shot from the proto buster similar to MR. Karate's from SVC Chaos
  • LVL 3 is a counter that does 600,000 damage where Protoman repeatedly shoots you, poses, his music plays, and it zooms in on his smirk
Low boosts from X factor. Main play style is high mobility, fast character who does keep away with intention of turning things into a bullet hell lockdown scenario similar to spiral/cable with shield options to allow for the ability to ignore other projectiles or beams such as Disruptor. Hard to get in on and has protection over head from UP H shield.

If we're gonna play make believe on characters in here then by God I am going to play pretend full force

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Where did lupinko directly comment on the idea that it was a Cable disconfirm? I don't remember that bit at all.

And once again, Chibi said it was a disconfirm. I'm willing to believe Chibi at this point.
I am not denying that Cable got de-confirmed, I am just asking the possibility of it being someone else other than Bishop.

I think someone on GAF asked him and he said "close" to Cable disconfirmation. I think it was CrimsonSpider, not sure who it was.

It just seems kinda dumb to put out character disconfirmations as hints without some other motive to it (like confirming another character as well). Because then he would have to make stuff for A LOT of characters that aren't in.

shaowebb said:
Red character= Protoman

• Red character is almost certainly Red Arremer. Join us cool kids.

Chibi just DISCONFIRMED that OTHER leaker so whatever he is saying is a LIE!

It was me. Along with my list.

Could refer to Nate Grey since a Cable without the limiters and TO virus.

Plus he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO broken.

Called the messiah at one point.

Shit is crazy once he goes in. Has about six different ways of seeing the future and TK on a molecular level and can mind rape every person on the planet at will.

TheNatural

My Member!
Always wanted to try one of these games, played a little of the MvC2 arcade game, any timeframe on when "ultimate" edition comes out? Probably this fall I'm guessing?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
crimsonspider89 said:
It was me. Along with my list.

Could refer to Nate Grey since a Cable without the limiters and TO virus.

Plus he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO broken.

Called the messiah at one point.

Shit is crazy once he goes in. Has about six different ways of seeing the future and TK on a molecular level and can mind rape every person on the planet at will.
I need a link to this.

Also I'm looking over the Red Arrhemer evidence now.. I know it's our best bet considering the spit hot fire, but a lot of it is looking much much sketchier than Carnage.

The dubious relationship link is very weak, as is the donjon link, because if that is to be believed, the doujin link could work for any character according to rule #34. Even moreso considering lupinko implied the doujin hint could only be understood if you were well versed with fighters, which was quickly linked to some risque hentai-esque shit. That's another weak link.

I'm not buying it. This is all either dubious or lupinko's hints have gone full force into abstraction.

TheNatural said:
Always wanted to try one of these games, played a little of the MvC2 arcade game, any timeframe on when "ultimate" edition comes out? Probably this fall I'm guessing?
The rumour is, later this year, according to one that popped up today and hit the blogosphere. Other than that, no idea. It's pretty safe to say Spring 2012 at the latest.

TheNatural

My Member!
enzo_gt said:
I need a link to this.

Also I'm looking over the Red Arrhemer evidence now.. I know it's our best bet considering the spit hot fire, but a lot of it is looking much much sketchier than Carnage.

The dubious relationship link is very weak, as is the donjon link, because if that is to be believed, the doujin link could work for any character according to rule #34. Even moreso considering lupinko implied the doujin hint could only be understood if you were well versed with fighters, which was quickly linked to some risque hentai-esque shit. That's another weak link.

I'm not buying it. This is all either dubious or lupinko's hints have gone full force into abstraction.

The rumour is, later this year, according to one that popped up today and hit the blogosphere. Other than that, no idea. It's pretty safe to say Spring 2012 at the latest.

Thanks for the info. When they usually do these "plus" games is the only thing they do is add more characters? Or do modes, stages and stuff go into them as well?

enzo_gt said:

Maybe the donjon part is not because he's in a doujin, but because he's pretty much totally naked and that's why the doujin=hentai thing applies?

I dunno, just a random thought I had.

Dahbomb

Nate Grey doesn't have any guns and stuff... he is just a very powerful telepath.

Links were made there but you should also realize that right around the time when "all hope was lost" Chibi busted out 4 or 5 very solid hints that linked to Red Arremer directly. You should hunt for that Chibi post, then you will see why.

The Donjon/Doujin link basically means that Red Arremer was in a crossover game that had the anime-style control layout (A, B, C). The game in question was SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos and Lupinko did mention in his Twitter that there was an overlap in universe (in this case the overlap is SNK). So yeah... if you are well versed in fighters you would've known that Red Arremer was in SVC which was a "donjon" fighter by Lupinko's definition.

The point about NSFW/risque stuff is that there is a Doujinshi out there (now I haven't seen this but I have seen it being referred to numerous times) with Red Arremer and the SNK girls. And yes it is supposedly NSFW. I will leave it at that. Since Red Arremer basically performed a "dubious one night stand" here, it fits the bill.

You are probably asking about the Mighty Max video link and only one theory has been put up about it and that's the game "Maximo: Ghost to Glory". It's about as good as the Maximum Carnage theory in that the hint/link is "elementary" in nature, as hinted by Lupinko. Maximo is a game based off of the GnG universe which Red Arremer is a part of.

Chibi's hints were : Spits Fire, Horny red ass, in a crossover game and something else I can't remember you should find it to confirm it. All of his hints directly pointed at Red Arremer over anything else, it's unmistakable.

On a side note, I am probably going to look into this NSFW doujinshi for a full confirmation. I just hope no one is around when I check up on this stuff... -_-

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheNatural said:
Thanks for the info. When they usually do these "plus" games is the only thing they do is add more characters? Or do modes, stages and stuff go into them as well?
Well, the quota for what is added has changed over time as Capcom has been doing this for a while, but the most recent new iteration of the same game, Super Street Fighter IV, packed a punch:
-One new (selectable) Ultra per character
-Classic bonus stages intertwined into single player along with some rivals stuff
-New, although 2D, endings
-10 new characters
-Revamped trials mode
-Multiple new online modes, Team Battle, Endless battle, upgraded Tournament Mode, Replay channel, etc.
-Several new stages (number escapes me)

It all depends on what you consider value for money. Many people skipped MvC3 because they didn't find value in the game, which I very strongly disagree with. But the core mechanics and gameplay of MvC3 is liquid cocaine levels of awesome. The main issues people had with MvC3 is lack of spectator mode, and the somewhat broken online system (to find matches you can't go directly through the Online menu or you'll have limited success, you gotta search while chilling in Arcade or Training mode). We're not quite clear on what awaits us when it comes to UMvC3, but all will become much clearer Sat. July 23rd when the official reveal comes.

@Dahbomb, thanks for clearing that anime stuff up bro. I guess I'll continue writing this up then. I hope lupinko drops more jems about the latest hint.

Dahbomb said:
The Donjon/Doujin link basically means that Red Arremer was in a crossover game that had the anime-style control layout (A, B, C). The game in question was SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos and Lupinko did mention in his Twitter that there was an overlap in universe (in this case the overlap is SNK). So yeah... if you are well versed in fighters you would've known that Red Arremer was in SVC which was a "donjon" fighter by Lupinko's definition.

I really don't feel SvC fits the donjon part. I thought donjons were more about anime style, air dashes, easy long combos, simple controls that are pretty much ABC, etc.

But I don't know what's Lupinko's exact definition for donjon, so maybe it fits for him *shrugs*

On a side note, I am probably going to look into this NSFW doujinshi for a full confirmation.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight ;)
lol, j/k obviously XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom