• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I don't think Lupinko is going to drop anything about the new tweet if it's Thanos. Once cosmic came out... people screamed Thanos and that's the end of that. Any more tweets will just confirm Thanos more so if he already is confirmed.

*Still looking into SVC Chaos doujinshi*

I found a SVC Chaos parody doujinshi. For a full confirmation, I would actually have to look more into it to confirm it but I think this is the best we got as far as the NSFW link goes. If Red Arremer is in there then that would be that...

Couldn't the "dubious relationship" have to do with Demitri being in the same game as Red Arremer? Maybe that's not very specific to Red Arremer, but at this point it seems a thousand times more likely to me than lupinko bringing up a random hentai doujinshi.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
4 assists per character LETS GO
I am DOWN with this!

Also it appears that Red Arremer has "slept" with Brooklyn from Gargoyles (this one was a bit surprising) and Felicia from Darkstalkers... among other SNK/Capcom characters.

I also found this:

SNK VS CAPCOM DOUJISHI ALLSTARS
<-- NSFW NO FUCKING SHIT DUMB ASS!

I think the last link is the final nail in the coffin. No I am not going to read it but in the blurb it mentions Red Arremer and I am fine with it.

J@hranimo said:
Came in to do my daily Supah Mahvel update on possible confirmations, and I'm still confused. Guess I'll wait until Comic-con.
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Frank West
4) Jubilee
5) Red Arremer
6) Dr Strange
7) Thanos (highly suspected)

Dahbomb

It appears I was either beaten or just as I posted mine someone at SRK posted the same thing as confirmation (or maybe he had found it way before and didn't feel like linking it until now).

Yeah so it's basically confirmed now... the doujinshi in question was in fact SVC Doujinshi All Stars. THAT'S A LOCK!

I am going to bed... you KNOW WHAT I WANNA SEE TOMORROW LUPINKO!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
It appears I was either beaten or just as I posted mine someone at SRK posted the same thing as confirmation (or maybe he had found it way before and didn't feel like linking it until now).

Yeah so it's basically confirmed now... the doujinshi in question was in fact SVC Doujinshi All Stars. THAT'S A LOCK!

I am going to bed... you KNOW WHAT I WANNA SEE TOMORROW LUPINKO!
We all feel the same, man.

Chibi_Megaman_EXE_by_Kamira_Exe.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned
Dahbomb said:
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Frank West
4) Jubilee
5) Red Arremer
6) Dr Strange

Cool to see Strider back in! He was a beast in MvC2.

#2 and #3 are a given due to popularity and I remember Frank's unused assets were in the game disc.

#4 is interesting. Good to see another different X-men member.

#5 *Googles* He seems pretty badass.

About time they put in #6! We already got Dormammu so he should have been a given from the get go.

and I'm not really interested in #7.

Dahbomb said:
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Frank West
4) Jubilee
5) Red Arremer
6) Dr Strange

I'd be okay with this.

If they got Thanos, I'd love to see them get Jim Cummings to voice him. Like Super Skrull, Cummings voiced him in more of an oafish, comedic way in Super Hero Squad but could sound like a TOTAL BADASS in a more serious performance (think his SATAM Robotnik voice)

Would love to see Red Arremer, I wonder how much like SNK's SvC incarnation he'd play like. Would he talk, or would he have those demonic screams?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Busaiku said:
He'd better not talk.
But I'm certain that you would know without a word being spoken. Well, this is only the beginning, only the beginning. #datmarvel

BELIEVE.

Kusagari said:
If Thanos is in, I hope he gets an entirely new moveset.
Cosigned, I hope he plays like a mix of Silver Samurai and Hulk/Juggs/Colossus. I would really like them to try and integrate the infinity gems into his moveset, but the necessary clunkiness of his size bears an issue and works against that before he just ends up being Dormammu. Oh and he must have a level 3. Give every DLC character a level 3 plz.

Dirtbag

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Whether he talks or not would probably be dependent on whether he was called Red Arremer or Firebrand.

I just don't see how they'd include plain Red Arremer as a character when he is already seen in the BG of the GnG level. I think it'd have to be Firebrand assuming the clues are correct.

Dirtbag

SolarKnight said:
Totally irrelevant. Tron is also in a background and yet here she is.
What? That seems so sloppy to me.

EDIT:where? you talking about the poster of her in the background? That's not what I meant by having the actual character flying around in the background.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dirtbag said:
Red Arrhemer is a type of enemy, there is no consistency being broken here. Even if so they could pull a SF4 and take em out like Bison. Seems as much of a non-issue as people screaming that the character select wouldn't be perfect if such and such character gets in.

Poison is in the Metro City stage twice. At the same time.

Dirtbag said:

EDIT:where? you talking about the poster of her in the background? That's not what I meant by having the actual character flying around in the background.
Tron is in the background of the Kattlelox Island stage, sitting down with a Servbot on her lap to the right. If you (or the CPU) happen to be playing as her, you don't see her in the background.

Capcom did the same thing in MSHvSF, where Spider-Man (as Peter Parker) appeared in a stage background; he also doesn't show up if you (or the CPU) happen to be using Spider-Man on that stage.

I don't really believe that Red Arremer being in the background of the GnG level is really an argument for him being in. Isn't his model low-poly?

I don't think it's an argument for him not being in either, though.

Busaiku

Dirtbag said:
I just don't see how they'd include plain Red Arremer as a character when he is already seen in the BG of the GnG level. I think it'd have to be Firebrand assuming the clues are correct.
Spiderman is in a background!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just to be clear.. we didn't find any relation of a GAF meme to Red Arrhemer correct? We just ditched that for the midnight oasis of hints, yes?

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I don't really believe that Red Arremer being in the background of the GnG level is really an argument for him being in. Isn't his model low-poly?

I don't think it's an argument for him not being in either, though.
What does the detail of a model of scenery matter if they're going to remake/use a higher quality one they made beforehand anyways that they can manipulate with many more animations? These kinds of things are bad litmus tests for inclusion of characters, too many assumptions.

enzo_gt said:
I would really like them to try and integrate the infinity gems into his moveset

If they make a new moveset for him and don't recycle his old one, I really doubt that'll be happening, considering Thanos doesn't have the infinity gems anymore, and that since a very long time already.

Thanos has more than enough interesting abilities to work with even without the infinity gauntlet.

zlatko said:
How long until the cats out of the bag already ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiCtUDkgkiM

Edit:
Dahbomb said:
3) Marvel comic fans. They have their favorites that they wanna see in the game... OLD (90s fan) and NEW (post 00) fans. This is what leads to Gambit/Venom vs Ms Marvel (or whoever is popular now). Then of course the characters who got really popular just because they were in the VS series.

What if I'm a comic fan in general, not bound to any year?
I like reading comics from the 60s or 80s just as much as some of the more modern stuff. In fact, I like the 80s-comics the best. 90s are too flat (I like only a few arcs from the 90s), current ones try too much to be "epic" and such so they blow almost everything out of proportion.

In fact, only modern comics I really like are some of the off-shoots, like Dark Avengers was great, Young Avengers mostly is good, Thunderbolts is freaking awesome. Excalibur is neat too.
Everybody go read Thunderbolts, though. Best Marvel series atm.

Bottom line: There's not only "90s fans" and "modern fans", although they probably make the majority - there's also general Marvel fans and fans of the comics older than the 90s... they did start strongly in the 60s (most of the characters and series were created there) after all and heavily picked up during the 80s (many expansions on hero and villain rosters, several comebacks too).

Thunderbolts, FF, Academy, XML are all great team books.

I am a Marvel fan in general.

How I know that Gambit is a pain to write since I only have seen one recent writer do him justice and that is Liu.

Yes, X-23 writer is the only one that does a good Gambit.

DnA's NM the verdict is still out.

And Aaron after reading Schism seems to have a good grasp on chars, so WaTXM may be good.

crimsonspider89 said:
Thunderbolts, FF, Academy, XML are all great team books.

I am a Marvel fan in general.

How I know that Gambit is a pain to write since I only have seen one recent writer do him justice and that is Liu.

Yes, X-23 writer is the only one that does a good Gambit.

DnA's NM the verdict is still out.

And Aaron after reading Schism seems to have a good grasp on chars, so WaTXM may be good.

I'm a bit reluctant on FF after
Johnny Storm died and Spidey replaced him
, how is the new FF? Is it worth picking it up?
I'm also not much a fan of X-Men and related series, but though I do read the occasional X-Men book.

I also agree that Gambit is a terrible character under most writers, though I'd argue that aside from Liu, Claremont did well with him too - he's Gambit's creator after all. :p

FF is a damn good read. SO FUCKING AWESOME!

Let me emphasis this, so awesome. Hickman is so good.

Can't wait for him and Spencer's run in Ultimate Universe.

Avengers Academy is a good book, probably the best teen book out at the moment. Gen Hope sucks.

EDIT: Feel sorry for Chibi at the moment. He is being assaulted by MMX fanboys.

shaowebb

SmithnCo said:
Capcom: but you have Zero and Frank West with REAL MEGA BUSTER! Who needs Mega Man?

trollface.png

Hey I posted my dream of what to replace Mega Man with a page back. I'd love to play as Proto man instead in hopes of maybe having a good lockdown character in this game. As is, keep away is far inferior to rushdown and mixups in MVC3.

A Cable styled moveset with high mobility, shielding, and reflect powers baby. Make it happen Capcom.

Alright, so here's a list of cosmically powered guys from the top of my head:
Entities: Eternity, Death, Galactus
Races: Gods (Odin, etc.), Beyonders, Celestials, Watchers
Heralds: Silver Surfer, Terrax the Tamer, Nova, Stardust, Firelord, Morg, Fallen One, Gabriel the Airwalker, Red Shift, Human Torch, Destroyer
Other Dudes: Galacta (Galactus' daughter), Epiphany (Eternity's daughter, wtf?), Thanos, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell)
Somewhat notable people who have held cosmic powers at some point: Carnage, Aunt May (as Goldien Oldie, lul), Dazzler

Likely would be Silver Surfer, maybe Firelord, Nova or Human Torch from the Heralds. Otherwise I'd say Thanos and Captain Marvel, I'd also say Galactus or Galacta with Galactus' moveset in small might have a shot.

The characters are interesting and all...but I'm sure most people will have at least a couple of choices they are happy with.

I'm more keen to see what they will actually do with this game wise. Will the game systems be adjusted? Will they actually complete the other game modes in such a way that they actually make sense?

Omega-Xis, the guy who the main character from Mega Man Starforce is bonding with, also is cosmic.

Then there's the space-related robot masters and Net Navis - Star Man (and his EXE-counterpart), Cosmo Man.EXE, and Astro Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom