• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Toxicplatypus said:
I wanna be.. in that ass. That Power Rangers analogy fucking rocked my world.

Mike Ross "heard" they're going to have new characters, give characters new specials, nerfed x-factor, and "fixed" TACs.

And Mike Ross prefaced that this isn't fact. It's just interesting to point out because of potential chances he's "talked" to a particular PR dude at Capcom. Unlikely, but the new specials bit is interesting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mista Koo said:
Since we are on the topic of MMBN, am I the only one who thought Lan was a girl until later in the game?
Yes.. Yes you are. o_O

The awkward romance between him and Mayl wasn't enough to tip it off?

Mista Koo

enzo_gt said:
Yes.. Yes you are. o_O

The awkward romance between him and Mayl wasn't enough to tip it off?
I never completed the game (the one I played, 2 I think). So I'm guessing I played less than half of it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kirblar said:
Could one of the "red" hints really be pointing to an X-Factor change?
No. Chibi confirmed it's a character, and the original tweet said "someone" in it.

Mista Koo said:
I never completed the game (the one I played, 2 I think). So I'm guessing I played less than half of it?
Proooooooobably. It was subtle though, but awkward conversations between the two galore.

Nyoro SF

kirblar said:
Could one of the "red" hints really be pointing to an X-Factor change?

No, the red comment was made in the attempt to describe a single person.

The SRK thread about this has de-evolved into madness. But on the bright side, SDCC is coming closer every day.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
IntelliHeath said:
Frank West and Doc Oct?

Doc can steal the meters?

I can't hear what they saying in video but I went with comments?

They didn't name any characters in the video. Those comments are just more rampant speculation, as is so commonplace at the moment.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:

Mike Ross "heard" they're going to have new characters, give characters new specials, nerfed x-factor, and "fixed" TACs.

And Mike Ross prefaced that this isn't fact. It's just interesting to point out because of potential chances he's "talked" to a particular PR dude at Capcom. Unlikely, but the new specials bit is interesting.
All of this sounds too good to be true... so it ISN'T!!!!

But seriously I would love for all of that to be true. Nerfed X factor and "fixed" TAC are on the top of my list as far as mechanics change goes. They fix that and they fix like most of the problems in MVC3 aside from core balance issues.

Characters getting new specials meaning re-tooling of old characters is up for grabs as far as balances go. I am definitely down with this.

Thing about characters is that yea character roster is fun and all when the game is revealed. After that you want to get to the substance of the game. I am actually way more anxious about the mechanics change and balance changes in the game.

enzo_gt said:

For the love of all that is undead and low tier, give Hsien-Ko a level three please.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
For the love of all that is undead and low tier, give Hsien-Ko a level three please.
On top of better mobility air and ground, better mix up options, re-tooling of special moves, high damage output and more time on Gold armor power up. And this is just a START for her to bring her close to anything legit as a point character.

Hsien Ko isn't like Iron Man where a few buffs would make her High/Top tier, she is in need of something substantial meaning closer to a total re-tooling than just minor tweaking. I definitely like the sound of new special moves on character, which signifies re-tooling.

On top of better mobility air and ground, better mix up options, re-tooling of special moves, high damage output and more time on Gold armor power up. And this is just a START for her to bring her close to anything legit as a point character.
My Hsien-ko makeover:
-1.5x speed on her air dash
-Senpbu Cancelable into normals
-Damage reworked to make her bnbs do ~600K with 1 bar
-Anki Hou's bombs now have a hitbox
-Henkyo Ki is now a command normal: back+attack.

Give her those, and I think she'd be a competitor for top tier.

Dahbomb

14kw403.jpg

Another decent fake. Date Masamune is another good character pic for MVC3 if they ever plan to use the Sengoku Basara franchise.
My Hsien-ko makeover:
Yeah pretty much the stuff that I had in mind. I actually think her air dash needs to be faster than that and her current dash needs to be "wave"able or at least to the point where she can get across the screen in decent time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
All of this sounds too good to be true... so it ISN'T!!!!

But seriously I would love for all of that to be true. Nerfed X factor and "fixed" TAC are on the top of my list as far as mechanics change goes. They fix that and they fix like most of the problems in MVC3 aside from core balance issues.

Characters getting new specials meaning re-tooling of old characters is up for grabs as far as balances go. I am definitely down with this.

Thing about characters is that yea character roster is fun and all when the game is revealed. After that you want to get to the substance of the game. I am actually way more anxious about the mechanics change and balance changes in the game.
Honestly at this point, a tweaked X-Factor and TACs are to be expected. I think they'll have it so that each TAC will give you half a meter, in all directions, and counters still apply the same. Ross may have just meant supers/hypers when he said specials.

And I completely agree. When MvC3 was slowly having all it's characters revealed, I was hype on the basis of just seeing characters make it into the game of my dreams, whilst others looked at the nitty gritty of the reveal trailers. Now I'm one of those guys. After I see a reveal trailer, I'm gonna join in in the breaking down of what we see. IMO, those reveal trailers were crafted so well. Seeing MSS in the Sentinel reveal trailer was great. They showed off all of the hypers, displayed some raw combos, and showed off some raw special moves too. Just enough, without showing too much to leave some creativity in combos to the players, see the Taskmaster one for instance. I hope they continue doing those. The wait this week is going to be excruciating, but the wait for this game to come out will be even more excruciating.

As far as Hsien-Ko goes.. she needs to be re-worked from the ground up really. There's far too much wrong in a character, especially in a game where other "assist characters" still have so much else going for them (Haggar, Tron, etc.).

I need some hype lupinko, where you at? SRK fizzes at the sound of Jem, or someone still for some delusional reason believing Bishop is in the game. We don't have that. LEAKS, WE NEED LEAKS.

Dahbomb said:

Hsien Ko isn't like Iron Man where a few buffs would make her High/Top tier, she is in need of something substantial meaning closer to a total re-tooling than just minor tweaking. I definitely like the sound of new special moves on character, which signifies re-tooling.
Yeah, I only mentioned the level three because it is one of the biggest omissions. I've lost so many close matches because Chireitou is not fast enough to catch after I smack them down to Earth or because Tenrai-Ha didn't do enough damage(thanks to it's random damage properties).

A reliable level 3 would be a godsend...
Karsticles said:
My Hsien-ko makeover:

Give her those, and I think she'd be a competitor for top tier.
Give her that stuff and I won't give a damn if she is not top tier. I blink with those kinds of tools and they ALL die.

I have no idea how I've managed to flourish with Hsien-Ko on my team, but if I had this stuff I seriously think I'd be a force to be reckoned with. I know I sound cocky, but I'd be kind of scared of myself with those tools lol.

Dahbomb

All I am going to say is... with Capcom expect the unexpected. And yes I will say that going into UMVC3.. the low tier character players are going to be better off. Imagine the boost in Chris G's team when/if Ryu gets buff, he already dominates with him.

thanos.jpg

SRK forums has been going absolutely ape-shit over no Lupinko tweets as of late.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spoke too soon!

btw no more hints going forward on the cosmic one, anything else will be a new hint for something unrelated #datmarvel #jemformvc3

mainly because you get too much help already, and no more giveaways #datmarvel

but in return, I will give these back, Elza actually happened, and not Claire, and you may be right/wrong on all other guesses #datmarvel

there will be more surprises in store, so just wait just stay tuned and don't touch that dial and wait for sdcc #datmarvel

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
All I am going to say is... with Capcom expect the unexpected. And yes I will say that going into UMVC3.. the low tier character players are going to be better off. Imagine the boost in Chris G's team when/if Ryu gets buff, he already dominates with him.

thanos.jpg

SRK forums has been going absolutely ape-shit over no Lupinko tweets as of late.

SMVC will be a new game. Maybe Wesker/Amy get nerfed :)

Nyoro SF

I was very hype for MvC3 at the time, because my fave characters Viewtiful Joe, Hsien-ko, Morrigan and Sentinel were in the game.

You can imagine how my hype decreased after my trip to Winter Brawl. I discovered that all my characters couldn't beat the top tier and the only reason I was winning during casuals was because Sentinel was incredibly stupid. Wesker and Magneto in particular are Morrigan and Hsien-ko's worst matchups.

I think UMvC3 has a chance to turn this around and make me hype again.

Dahbomb

There are new Lupinko tweets up. Says no more hints on the Cosmic power character (seems like it's already figured out and he considered that a "freebie").

I was very hype for MvC3 at the time, because my fave characters Viewtiful Joe, Hsien-ko, Morrigan and Sentinel were in the game.
Dude that sucks... :(

All my favorite characters ended up being top tier: Dante, Wesker, Zero, Magneto, Wolverine, Phoenix.

Iron Man and Spider Man are a bit short of High tier but high execution and I don't quite have the execution to play them (but I play Iron Man a lot for the practice). I got lucky in this regard. I see people like 645 and SolarPowered... man they have it ROUGH!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
There are new Lupinko tweets up. Says no more hints on the Cosmic power character (seems like it's already figured out and he considered that a "freebie").
Beat ya to it.

But what to make of the Elza and Claire tweet? Reference to people who got guesses right, or characters? I can't seem to find any connections.

FAKEEDIT:

obviously the claire remark means there's no jubilation to be had in #datmarvel, so it just doesn't depend on the mood i'm in #jemformvc3

OH MY NO JUBILEE?!

also this is going to be more like mk and not like og mvc3, so not everything will be revealed, but yes i am the all knowing one #datmarvel

Grecco

Dahbomb said:

He also said he 1.Wont reveal everything and 2.Jubillee isnt in MVC3 (I thought Jubilee was a freebie) ......................

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nyoro SF said:
"More like MK and not like og mvc3" eh? What does that mean?
He says it in the same tweet... that means he's not leaking everything he knows this time around, unlike MvC3.

Dahbomb

Yeah... I didn't bring it up a lot because I was absent when you guys confirmed Jubilee but...

I said that the freebie thing could've been talking about Phoenix and Strider. I know the timings of the thing was around Jubilee... but the same exact thing happened with Carnage. He posted a "wink" when we were talking about Carnage.

Nyoro SF

enzo_gt said:
He says it in the same tweet... that means he's not leaking everything he knows this time around, unlike MvC3.

We already knew that. If we didn't, this thread wouldn't be this long. LOL

If you got links to the SRK forum and the Capcom Unity thread I wouldn't mind links, Dahbomb.
enzo_gt said:
Beat ya to it.

But what to make of the Elza and Claire tweet? Reference to people who got guesses right, or characters? I can't seem to find any connections.

FAKEEDIT:

obviously the claire remark means there's no jubilation to be had in #datmarvel, so it just doesn't depend on the mood i'm in #jemformvc3

OH MY NO JUBILEE?!

also this is going to be more like mk and not like og mvc3, so not everything will be revealed, but yes i am the all knowing one #datmarvel
No Jubilee?

Fucking hell
Dahbomb said:
Yeah... I didn't bring it up a lot because I was absent when you guys confirmed Jubilee but...

I said that the freebie thing could've been talking about Phoenix and Strider. I know the timings of the thing was around Jubilee... but the same exact thing happened with Carnage. He posted a "wink" when we were talking about Carnage.
It is really messed up that he let it go without deconfirming her though.

Damn it all to hell
Grecco said:
SMVC will be a new game. Maybe Wesker/Amy get nerfed :)
Those two don't even belong in the same sentence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Latest tweet basically says, hey there may have been more previous hints, but I'm not elaborating on them, so go back on your wild goose chases again.

:/

EDIT: and another new hint:

Always under the gun, day and night, there aint no end in sight
#datmarvel #jemformvc3

Nyoro SF

"and yes some of the previous things i threw out did relate to undiscovered others, no further elaborations since it's too close for comfort"

Well it's not like I feel like scrolling back through a couple hundred tweets to make random guesses.

"Always under the gun, day and night, there aint no end in sight "

Fuuuuuuuuuu

Grecco

This is getting really silly. Numerous "clues" that fit perfectly with characters only to see them suddenly disconfirmed. (Carnage, Jubilee) Its a week till we actually get concrete legitimate info.

Dahbomb said:

Well, honestly, what we assume are the Phoenix and Strider confirmation tweets sure seem much more like a freebie than Jubilee. I mean, talking about clockw0rk instantly brings Strider to mind, and Phoenix's even has his (Japanese) name in it and smiley that looks like a guy pointing. For Jubilee? We had something like "yellow fever" which is not as obvious.

SmithnCo

So basically no clue, just saying clues relate to other clues. Greeeat. :/

Unless the jem lyrics actually relate to something interesting.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SolarKnight said:
Well, honestly, what we assume are the Phoenix and Strider confirmation tweets sure seem much more like a freebie than Jubilee. I mean, talking about clockw0rk instantly brings Strider to mind, and Phoenix's even has his (Japanese) name in it and smiley that looks like a guy pointing. For Jubilee? We had something like "yellow fever" which is not as obvious.

Psylocke? She's asian.

Edited: I apologized if i came out somewhat ass.

I don't think lupinko really know 100% on SMVC3, but only few informations that he lucky got. That would explain why trivia and backtrack happened.

I could be dearly wrong.

Grecco

My need to feed"
"I gotta find it fast"
"To keep me alive"

Since this isnt about Jubillee . Does it mean Morbious is in MVC3? Blade? Dimitri?

Or the Yellow fever stuff? Psylocke?

and the tweets about a trench coat?

Blade would be kinda eh, already got wesker abd dante, for coats and guns and swords, whats he really bring?

Yelow fever we thought was Jubilee but if she's deconfirmed who's left? Pslocke, Armor?
(if it pertains to asian characters it has to be marvel since it would be a pointless clue for a capcom character)

Maybe somone with a yellow costume? or relates to the aids post since yellow fever is also an actual disease

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I shall never embrace Jem as long as there is a lack of clarity and so much ambiguity in tweets that even if all the evidence lines up to give a single possible candidate, you can still be so off base and wrong. :mad:

Hate how Lupinko can't just spill the beans this time around cause of his source.

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
I shall never embrace Jem as long as there is a lack of clarity and so much ambiguity in tweets that even if all the evidence lines up to give a single possible candidate, you can still be so off base and wrong. :mad:

Hate how Lupinko can't just spill the beans this time around cause of his source.

At least try to make riddles that arent so damn ambigous they apply to half the Marvel universe :)

Grecco

Also if Jubilee is disconfimed, then doesnt this information discredit Chibi as someone legitimate? Chibi claimed we knew 7 of the characters already iirc.

SmithnCo

Grecco said:
Also if Jubilee is disconfimed, then doesnt this information discredit Chibi as someone legitimate? Chibi claimed we knew 7 of the characters already iirc.

That was out of anything anyone said in that thread though, I think. So it could be any characters anybody decided to mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom