• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmithnCo said:
That was out of anything anyone said in that thread though, I think. So it could be any characters anybody decided to mention.
Yeah at this point 1/2 of all marvel charaters and 3/4 of capcom characters have probably ben posted in here lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
no, you must embrace #jemformvc3 enzo_gt because this is how you play the game

:(

Hey I'll embrace Jem if you throw us another freebie!

EDIT: AND I'll throw in a Jem avatar too!

enzo_gt said:

I would do so, as well (although I love the Ultron one I have atm :p).

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:

Shit do it for free, Jem is god tier.

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:
If Jem is truly our saviour then she would save us from this ambiguity and these bad riddles, amirite?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29327577&postcount=3898
^ Current best argument for 8th hint, formerly Jubilee, now suspected to be Psylocke.

tumblr_lcqifyKkAA1qedzjao1_250.gif

Would be fine with that possibility.

Jem is truly outrageous, has some very pink hair and is known for singing. Hmmmm.

GCEjg.jpg

(I know, but she was broken as all hell in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and would be heck of an interesting character. Green Lantern in MK Vs DC except more insane? Do it Capcom)

Grecco

RobotRocker said:
Jem is truly outrageous, has some very pink hair and is known for singing. Hmmmm.

GCEjg.jpg

(I know, but she was broken as all hell in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and would be heck of an interesting character. Green Lantern in MK Vs DC except more insane? Do it Capcom)

Oh god yes. Shes probably my favorite female in the Marvel Universe. (Well her and black cat. I love platinum haired females)

Dahbomb

For those that are just tuning in, the CURRENT working theory of characters in UMVC3:

CAPCOM:

1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Red Arremer
4) Frank West

MARVEL:

1) Dr Strange (? Highy suspected)
2) Thanos (? Highly suspected)

JUBILEE DE-CONFIRMED!

CARNAGE DE-CONFIRMED!

GHOST RIDER DE-CONFIRMED!

Currently speaking, the two talked about hints right now are related to a character with Cosmic powers (speculated to be Thanos but we will not be getting more hints on it) and the hints about "yellow fever" (if it is in fact a hint... originally speculated to be Jubilee now deconfirmed) are speculated to be Psylocke.

Dr Strange is suspected due to his inclusion in the trio of Gill/Dr Strange/Mysterio hint relating to the wizardry/jello hint. The Bill Cosby hint also might related to Dr Strange as he was also a Dr but it is a weak link just like many we have and it could be as elementary as BILL RHYMES WITH GILL! That's why in view of current de-confirmation of Jubilee, Dr Strange is demoted to High suspsected category.

Right now, I would say that we have 4 good guesses at Capcom characters and 2 weak guesses at Marvel characters. There is also the aids hint that as of yet is also weakly linked to Bishop. Lupinko considers the aids hint a "freebie".

Enk

makes good threads.
Dahbomb said:
For those that are just tuning in, the CURRENT working theory of characters in UMVC3:

CAPCOM:

1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Red Arremer
4) Frank West

MARVEL:

Must... not... get.... hyped.... Firebrand and Arthur on my team together would be a fighting game dream come true.

Dahbomb

Enk said:
Must... not... get.... hyped.... Firebrand and Arthur on my team together would be a fighting game dream come true.
Red Arremer is top 3 best bet we have. It's pretty much confirmed by both Lupinko and Chibi outside of them actually uttering his name out.

You can safely put your money on Red Arremder/Firebrand in this game.

As far as the Aids link goes... according to Chibi someone on this page has the right answer:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/lupinko-says-there-will-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-58

Judging by the responses in the page, it's one of this:

Cable in
cable not it
Gill
Cyclops

One of the hints that Chibi pretty much gave was that this is a de-confirmation of a character and the only thing I can think of is Cable here. The aids hint appears to be nothing more than a Cable de-confirmation as Enzo has said. Note that on this page there is no talk about Bishop...

Would be pretty cool if it ended up being Cyclops. One of the guys asked him if it Aids was Assist related (like an assist character like Cyclops/Psylocke) and he says he is so WARM to the clue that it's making his blood warm (ie he was pretty close apparently). Take that for what it's worth.

Dahbomb

DR2K said:
Yeah, just like Jubilation.
I never said put your money on Jubilee... >.>

Maybe I did but I was honestly never 100% sure on Jubilee. I am 100% sure on Red Arremer, I will take a 1 month ban if Red Arremer/Firebrand isn't in the game.

Chibi also said that the Virus part of the clue is very important and something in the video that he posted was a dead giveaway.

Nori Chan

Dahbomb said:

CAPCOM:

1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Red Arremer
4) Frank West

MARVEL:

JUBILEE DE-CONFIRMED!

CARNAGE DE-CONFIRMED!

GHOST RIDER DE-CONFIRMED!

Currently speaking, the two talked about hints right now are related to a character with Cosmic powers (speculated to be Thanos but we will not be getting more hints on it) and the hints about "yellow fever" (if it is in fact a hint... originally speculated to be Jubilee now deconfirmed) are speculated to be Psylocke.

Dr Strange is suspected due to his inclusion in the trio of Gill/Dr Strange/Mysterio hint relating to the wizardry/jello hint. The Bill Cosby hint also might related to Dr Strange as he was also a Dr but it is a weak link just like many we have and it could be as elementary as BILL RHYMES WITH GILL! That's why in view of current de-confirmation of Jubilee, Dr Strange is demoted to High suspsected category.

Right now, I would say that we have 4 good guesses at Capcom characters and 2 weak guesses at Marvel characters. There is also the aids hint that as of yet is also weakly linked to Bishop. Lupinko considers the aids hint a "freebie".
Thanks for the recap.

lupinko: basically for this unrelated pair, you will go bonkers for one of them, the other you maybe scratching your head #datmarvel

y u keep posting stuff..guess it isn't really a hint...more of an allusion.

I meant in general.

- It's obvious Lupinko and Chibi know the truth (Lupinko for a very long time)
- Capcom cries because of leaks, says it hurts their business
- One of the leakers gets a bit too far out of line
- Capcom pretty much says NO DONT LEAK TOO MUCH

From my point of view, it seems Capcom doesn't really try hard enough to stop the leaking, even though they did go through greater lengths before (requesting forum bans iirc.) This just makes everything really fishy, as if Capcom hired those two to hype the community or something like that.

Please correct me. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Toxicplatypus said:
lupinko: basically for this unrelated pair, you will go bonkers for one of them, the other you maybe scratching your head #datmarvel

y u keep posting stuff..guess it isn't really a hint...more of an allusion.
And before that:
btw there are two, count em two unrelated unknowns hinted already in prev hints that may have been overlooked, dats all i'll say #datmarvel
General Shank-a-snatch said:
I meant in general.

- It's obvious Lupinko and Chibi know the truth (Lupinko for a very long time)
- Capcom cries because of leaks, says it hurts their business
- One of the leakers gets a bit too far out of line
- Capcom pretty much says NO DONT LEAK TOO MUCH

From my point of view, it seems Capcom doesn't really try hard enough to stop the leaking, even though they did go through greater lengths before (requesting forum bans iirc.) This just makes everything really fishy, as if Capcom hired those two to hype the community or something like that.

Please correct me. :/
You have no idea of knowing if Capcom was the one who told Chibi to hush. It could have just been the terrified Capcom employee fearing for his job who supplied Lupinko, or it could have been lupinko himself who told Chibi to hush.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
And before that:
btw there are two, count em two unrelated unknowns hinted already in prev hints that may have been overlooked, dats all i'll say #datmarvel

You have no idea of knowing if Capcom was the one who told Chibi to hush. It could have just been the terrified Capcom employee fearing for his job who supplied Lupinko, or it could have been lupinko himself who told Chibi to hush.

for some reason, it made me think of cloak and dagger.

SmithnCo

They are "unrelated unknowns" though... makes me think one may be Capcom and one may be Marvel, impossible to say though. Sounds like one may be obscure or a weird choice like Modok.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SmithnCo said:
They are "unrelated unknowns" though... makes me think one may be Capcom and one may be Marvel, impossible to say though. Sounds like one may be obscure or a weird choice like Modok.

Breath of Fire? Hmm

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
RobotRocker said:

GCEjg.jpg

Who is this character? I am not familiar, and don't see any entry in the Marvel wikia.

SmithnCo

Kaijima said:
Who is this character? I am not familiar, and don't see any entry in the Marvel wikia.

Songbird.

Speaking of which I kinda thought one of lupinko's earlier hints could've been related to her, but damned if I can remember which one it was. Either way she would be a cool choice.

SkylineRKR

Becquerel said:
If it was Cloak and Dagger, I'd squee and jizz pretty much everywhere.

Oh yes, I re-read Maximum Carnage recently. They are awesome. Capcom could put Shriek in as well, certainly wouldn't mind it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
SmithnCo said:
Songbird.

Speaking of which I kinda thought one of lupinko's earlier hints could've been related to her, but damned if I can remember which one it was. Either way she would be a cool choice.

Ah Ok. Hah, for a moment I thought the character WAS named Jem and that was the joke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the "will go bonkers" character is Megaman X.

This is true because all Megaman X fans are crazy, borderline insane. Megaman X confirmed.

Dahbomb

What "pair" is he talking about in this tweet?

I will only go BONKERS for Vergil.

Scratch on your head sounds like Megaman Starforce... yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaa

Also:

carnz.jpg

XMvC3-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom