• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The first Supreme Commander has been added to the registry, along with the expansion, so expect that out soon.

There is also something called "Frozen Synapse Humble Indie Bundle Retail"

Salsa

Drkirby said:
The first Supreme Commander has been added to the registry, along with the expansion, so expect that out soon.

man, already planning for new humble bundle? noice! though i'll own every game in it, haha. Still buying it.

confused

Banned
Drkirby said:

Oh yes please

OK people, what the shit is going on? I use WMP to have music going in the background, and since the Steam update I got this-morning, every time I receive a message from a friend while not focussed on the steam chat window, any music I'm playing is instantly paused.

Does anybody else have this issue? I checked in the settings and there was no option to disable this "feature", if it is deliberate.

EDIT:

If I disable "make a sound" for incoming messages, it doesn't pause, but otherwise it does.

Drkirby said:

Awesome news, hope it comes soon.

mrgone

Renegade Ops now has a for real release date of October 14th! Is that new news? Also, preorder incentive: Drive Gordon Freeman's Half-Life Hoopty and kill shit with bugs that are living UNDER YOUR FEET RIGHT NOW.

(Again, killing it with the preorder bullshit that wasn't even whispered about until after my purchase elsewhere :mad: )

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mrgone said:
Renegade Ops now has a for real release date of October 14th! Is that new news? Also, preorder incentive: Drive Gordon Freeman's Half-Life Hoopty and kill shit with bugs that are living UNDER YOUR FEET RIGHT NOW.

A day before my birthday. Now you guys know what to get me~~~.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Snuggler said:
A day before my birthday. Now you guys know what to get me~~~.

I actually bought a 4 pack just a while ago. You may want to get on Steam soon, I'm feeling generous but my mood changes a lot.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mr_Guillotine said:
Cool I have the same birthday as a cat.

yZaYP.jpg

xelios said:
I actually bought a 4 pack just a while ago. You may want to get on Steam soon, I'm feeling generous but my mood changes a lot.

Aw, it's alright. You've already been so generous to me lately (he gifted me company heroes and awesome killing floor skins), you don't have to do that.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Snuggler said:
Aw, it's alright. You've already been so generous to me lately (he gifted me company heroes and awesome killing floor skins), you don't have to do that.

Up to you, kitty. I'm sure some random will win it if you don't want it.

Vek

Good to see that it has a solid release date scheduled now, although on the store page it says October 15th for me. Either way, is anyone running a 4-pack with a spot to spare? $20 on its own is a bit much, but for $10 I'm willing to pitch in.

Drkirby said:

Shoot already own the retail but I'm tempted to get it again... here's hoping for a $5 bundle come Xmas.

Something wrong with Steam? Store loads up alright, but friend list is at 0, and community page won't load at all.

Maybe it's on my end! D:

Edit: Nevermind, it magically fixed itself.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
SteelAttack said:
Something wrong with Steam? Store loads up alright, but friend list is at 0, and community page won't load at all.

Maybe it's on my end! D:

No, same for me.

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone bite the bullet and pick up Driver San Fran? I really loved the PS3/360 demo but know I want a game like this on PC instead.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
Man fuck the combat in Mirror's Edge. They always through you in a room with a bunch of enemies and no hints about how to escape.
Which map/area? The first time it's tough (make sure you're playing on easy or normal, though if it's your first playthrough it must be normal). In all but one area on normal I think you can get past them though.

Yaska

Blizzard said:
Which map/area? The first time it's tough (make sure you're playing on easy or normal, though if it's your first playthrough it must be normal). In all but one area on normal I think you can get past them though.
the server room is especially fun if you try to play a pacifist run

Great game, tho bit too frustrating. Been finding it alot easier on PC than PS3 tho :O

Blizzard

Banned
Yaska said:
the server room is especially fun if you try to play a pacifist run

Great game, tho bit too frustrating. Been finding it alot easier on PC than PS3 tho :O
Assuming you mean "disarm kill rather than gun kill" for pacificst, I've probably done like 4 of those runs. It's annoying on hard since I think there are 3-4 map areas in the whole game where you're required to touch a normal enemy, including the final room which seems to require disarming at least 2-3 of them. I might have gone for 4 since it was so hard. :( For lower difficulties:

Run around the outside of the room until the servers are gone. Use the highjump box to get up on the middle. You MIGHT be able to run up the stairs without touching the guard, but for an easier time he can be disarmed, of course.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
OK people, what the shit is going on? I use WMP to have music going in the background, and since the Steam update I got this-morning, every time I receive a message from a friend while not focussed on the steam chat window, any music I'm playing is instantly paused.

Does anybody else have this issue? I checked in the settings and there was no option to disable this "feature", if it is deliberate.

EDIT:

If I disable "make a sound" for incoming messages, it doesn't pause, but otherwise it does.

dLMN8R

Stumpokapow said:
Unavailable in Canada, *roll eyes* fine, I won't consider buying your magazine. Huge success, guys.
Relax, they've said everywhere - on their web site, Twitter, the podcast, and more - that it's a ton of legal bullshit preventing them from releasing worldwide right away. It'll be available in more places over the next few weeks.

Dascu said:
Always sucks when an important question gets brought before the Court of Justice and then they avoid answering it somehow. Lazy bums.
I'm the first to criticize the CoJ but they didn't avoid anything, it became moot because there was a settlement before the court in Germany.

Picked up Alien vs Predator on a lark - hey it was only $5, and man, its better than I thought it would be. Given I've only played for maybe an hour or so but it hit all the right notes in that time and it performs like a dream.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Drkirby said:

Interesting. It looks like they're trying another experiment like the Frozenbyte bundle, but this time only selling 1 item.

This will certainly shake up the Steam prison economy some.

Gvaz said:
I'd pay a dollar for FS >:]

It has already begun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My replacement Steam HDD arrived earlier today. (Edit: To clarity, the previous drive died.)

Good news: it's 2TB, and I was close to filling up the previous 1TB drive.

Bad news: I have to re-download roughly 1TB of games.

crap28s0.jpg

Steam thought it prudent to download Braid, HOARD, and Torchlight by itself, whilst I myself downloaded Half-Life 2 (for its shared Source assets) and the Sega Mega Drive Classics. I have discs for Prey and the most recent Aliens vs Predator, but everything else I'll have to download at ~550KBps.

Feels bad, man.

krzy123

JaseC said:
My replacement Steam HDD arrived earlier today.

Good news: it's 2TB, and I was close to filling up the previous 1TB drive.

Bad news: I have to re-download roughly 1TB of games.

I hope you mean 1TB of games that weren't on the old drive. Because you can move steam installations from one drive to another w/o any major redownloads.

Tambini

krzy123 said:
I hope you mean 1TB of games that weren't on the old drive. Because you can move steam installations from one drive to another w/o any major redownloads.

Yeah I did this. Took about 3-4 hours to copy the steamapps folder to a new drive.

mxgt

Banned
Is The Binding of Isaac releasing today or not?

It's gone from the coming soon list but it still says unlocks in 3 hours despite not having a price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom