• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

what the fuck? LFTU a disappointment? What were you guys expecting from a little known rappers major debut? Shit was good, other than a few hooks.

Compared to his tapes it is disappointing. Is it bad? No, but it's simply not very good either. Like someone already said, the lack of samples really hurts his production. And compared to Stoned Immaculate or Son of Yvonne (the only rap albums I bought so far this year) it just doesn't hold up.

Esch

Banned
Channel Orange has grown on me a lot since it first came out. Not sure I'd put it above Nostalgia, but it's definitely one of my favorite albums this year. Not boring at all imo.

To be honest, Live From the Underground is my disappointment of the year.

naw, Radioactive. easily.

oh and Russian Roulette is aoty brehs just letting you know

Esch

Banned
Came out last year.

doh

can it be disappointing enough for 2 years? If not then id say LFTU would be my disappointment of the year too. Ive honestly loved most shit from this year. If we're not talkin genre channel orange would take it for me though.

Macca

Compared to his tapes it is disappointing. Is it bad? No, but it's simply not very good either. Like someone already said, the lack of samples really hurts his production. And compared to Stoned Immaculate or Son of Yvonne (the only rap albums I bought so far this year) it just doesn't hold up.
Are you really calling LFTU not very good?

I really don't get the complaint about samples. I think the production on LTFU as a whole is better than any of his tapes.

Plus, LFTU didn't put me to sleep, like Stoned Immaculate did.

Jay Sosa

Are you really calling LFTU not very good?

I really don't get the complaint about samples. I think the production on LTFU as a whole is better than any of his tapes.

Plus, LFTU didn't put me to sleep, like Stoned Immaculate did.

Well there you go, riddle solved. To me it's exactly the other way around. I mean do you really like that track with Ludacris? Or 'yeah that's me'?

Down and out, Me and my old school, 2000 and beyond, Boobie Miles, The Vent or Hometown Hero are the stuff that I want to hear from Krit..not some (weak) strip club songs.

And not very good doesn't mean bad. It was written is a very good record..ltfu is certainly not.

Macca

Well there you go, riddle solved. To me it's exactly the other way around. I mean do you really like that track with Ludacris? Or 'yeah that's me'? Down and out, Me and my old school, 2000 and beyond, Boobie Miles, The Vent or Hometown Hero are the stuff that I want to hear from Krit..not some (weak) strip club songs.

And not very good doesn't mean bad. It was written is a very good record..ltfu is certainly not.
Uh, yea. Yea Dat Me is a fantastic banger. Shit goes. And Money on the Floor is probably one of the best songs he's done. All the songs you listed are fantastic songs, but I don't think his production was hurt one bit from not having the sample budget.

Maybe we have different definitions of very good. Would you rate Stoned Immaculate as "very good"?

Jay Sosa

Nope, Stoned Immaculate doesn't rate as very good either, that's reserved for albums that are almost classics.

And yeah, Money on the Floor is amazing, no arguing there.

Macca

Ah. See, I'd put like great inbetween very good and classic.

I totally agree that the Luda feature could have been used waaay better though.

vDaedalus

I am absolutely loving Skelethon - nice flow and awesome production. I very much enjoy the abstraction. I tried listening to Channel Orange after listening to this and just couldn't do it. It doesn't excite me nearly as much.

LFTU was better than 4EvaNaDay much better. But I don't think it's as good as his first two mixtapes.

But regarding 4EvaNaDay...that Juicy J remix of Temptation is awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
4evaNaDay is K.R.I.T.'s most cohesive project by a large margin. Krizzle needs to do more of these kinds of concept album type things instead of R4eva where there are far too many tracks to hold up consistency. LFTU suffered from this far more than R4eva though.

I think your enjoyment of a K.R.I.T. album depends on where you put yourself on the continuum

[BANGER] LFTU------------KritWuzHere-------4evaNaDay-----ReturnOf4Eva [INTROSPECTIVE]

Tokubetsu

4evaNaDay is K.R.I.T.'s most cohesive project by a large margin. Krizzle needs to do more of these kinds of concept album type things instead of R4eva where there are far too many tracks to hold up consistency. LFTU suffered from this far more than R4eva though.

I think your enjoyment of a K.R.I.T. album depends on where you put yourself on the continuum

[BANGER] LFTU------------KritWuzHere-------4evaNaDay-----ReturnOf4Eva [INTROSPECTIVE]

This scale doesn't work for me as I consider Return of 4eva his best work, followed by LFTU. 4evaNaDa being way below everything else. So yeah.

Tokubetsu

On totally unrelated note, this picture is amazing:
SLuoI.jpg

Yes, that's Mr. Belding

HiResDes

I am going to be honest and breakdown my hyperbole, i dont think either lftu or Channel Bland are awful, just merely 6s, while i might give SI a five

HiResDes

Anyone that thinks LFTU is more of a banger than Wuz Here should have their ears checked

Edit: Fiend is better than both and should be featured more

Gorillaz

im not trying to be a hipster or a hater but.....isn't 2chainz basically a gloried hype man? I mean so many people are on that 2chainz shit now and I don't get it.

2 Chainz completely took Ross and Flocka's spot. Yea he isn't a trap rapper, but in terms of heavy bass club/car music he's dominating the market.

I'm not a fan but he does have some hilarious lines

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2 Chainz completely took Ross and Flocka's spot. Yea he isn't a trap rapper, but in terms of heavy bass club/car music he's dominating the market.

I'm not a fan but he does have some hilarious lines
This is where I stand with him too.

He's above Flocka in quality (let's be real, who isn't), but is nowhere close to Ross though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
im not trying to be a hipster or a hater but.....isn't 2chainz basically a gloried hype man? I mean so many people are on that 2chainz shit now and I don't get it.

He's the musical equivalent of your girlfriend sticking her fingers in your ass while you're fucking. At first you're like "fuck that shit, get it the fuck away from me". Then the next time you're like "well fuck I still don't like it but that one part was ok". Then after a few times you're like "well I guess I enjoyed that, but I'm not going to admit to that." And then finally you just go "FUCK YEAH TITTY TWO CHAAAAAAAAINZ!"

Esch

Banned
He's the musical equivalent of your girlfriend sticking her fingers in your ass while your fucking. At first your like "fuck that shit, get it the fuck away from me". Then the next time your like "well fuck I still don't like it but that one part was ok". Then after a few times your like "well I guess I enjoyed that, but I'm not going to admit to that." And then finally you just go "FUCK YEAH TITTY TWO CHAAAAAAAAINZ!"

if this fits in a tweet this is gaf hop quotables necessary

He's the musical equivalent of your girlfriend sticking her fingers in your ass while you're fucking. At first you're like "fuck that shit, get it the fuck away from me". Then the next time you're like "well fuck I still don't like it but that one part was ok". Then after a few times you're like "well I guess I enjoyed that, but I'm not going to admit to that." And then finally you just go "FUCK YEAH TITTY TWO CHAAAAAAAAINZ!"

I guess me and Nas are the last real ninjas left

The M.O.B

Yea

this is the meaning of life

Gorillaz

Damn son......

If there was a Hall of Fame for quotes...this should be in it.

I might have to relisten to 2chainz now.....damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom