• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So here's the endings I've gotten so far (to be continued's are included). short comments included.

1st ending: Tenmyouji game over 1
2nd: Crew Quarters (Lock 02) - To be continued
3rd: Luna (Game Over 1)
4th: Dio (Game Over)
5th: Dio (End) <------ WHAT IS GOING ON
6th: Quark (Game Over)
7th: Warehouse A Lock No. 03 To be Continued...
8th: Tenmyouji - End <--------- :O
9th: Tenmyouji (Game Over 2)
10th: Clover (Game Over)
11th: Clover - End <-------- Starts out interesting, quickly becomes creepy as fuck.
12th: Phi (Game Over) <------- Lame
13th: Infirmary - To be continued (Lock #9)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You
betrayed Phi in the second AB game straight off the bat?
I flipped a coin. Seriously.

It was creepy as fuck seeing her reaction show up when I jumped back to the AB game to reach the other branch. Half expected the game to delete its save data at that point or something crazy, LOL

Amazon- $10 gift credit for screwing up my pre-order bonus. Excellent. Especially nice considering I was able to get in on the deal anyways when they put up the later batch.

edit: And it turns out they accidentally added it to my MP3 balance? Anyone else? I'll see if they figure it out and fix before I contact them.

And on that note, since I haven't gotten any traction in the other thread, I figured I would cross-post this here, from the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread:

I have a Virtue's Last Reward Pre-Order bonus watch in red. I would like to trade for one in blue. I figure if anyone is interested we could just pay our own respective shipping costs.

2Qypf.jpg

Sorry about crap pic, but I couldn't take the time to get it right because those lights don't stay on for long!

UberTag

Escaping from Zero's game, essentially. What I'm wondering is END GAME SPOILER
how that relates to the third ZE game, since the location hinted isn't someplace Zero could intervene.
A)
Who says that's the only location you'll be escaping from in the game?
B)
Perhaps the core premise of the 3rd game won't be your attempt to escape from Zero's game... perhaps instead it will be Sigma/Akane's bid to escape from having to BE Zero.
3AQmK.gif

Torraz

Umm. I was really tired when I got my first character ending yesterday, but I think I am confused about Clover's.

So sigma talks to Clover who then proceeds to info dump him. Then she runs away. Sigma follows her and meets a dazed Phi. He runs past her and sees the massacre. However, unless I was hallucinating, one of the dead people (the one at the desk) was Phi. How did she get past him and die before he arrived?!

Not sure if this is revlealed in another route?!

Jintor

Umm. I was really tired when I got my first character ending yesterday, but I think I am confused about Clover's.

So sigma talks to Clover who then proceeds to info dump him. Then she runs away. Sigma follows her and meets a dazed Phi. He runs past her and sees the massacre. However, unless I was hallucinating, one of the dead people (the one at the desk) was Phi. How did she get past him and die before he arrived?!

Not sure if this is revlealed in another route?!

iirc he does something before he goes to the infirmary.

Jintor

directors office gold folder
i know its a parralegram i have to make but i cant do it :-(

Use the two big triangles for the slanted sides and make the rest into a small square

To be honest I cheated on that one because the Vita's touch controls aren't snappy enough to let me fiddle with it and try things out and I didn't really want to get bogged down.

Life would be awesome if I can somehow have my archive and memo and w/e is on the environment open at the same fucking time.

we need a 3 screen handheld.

bakedpony

Since this thread is more active, I'd like to ask the ff:(completed the game last week)

1. Who smashed Dio's bracelet in K's path? Did K do it? Why?
2. How does K and Luna know the bomb passwords? Also, was K basically tasked to give the password to Sigma? Was it something he was "designed" for?
3. Still in K's path, did Alice shot Luna with the injection gun before she killed herself? Where did the gun come from?

These questions formed when I watched my girlfriend play the game. Maybe I just forgot them being explained?

Jintor

Since this thread is more active, I'd like to ask the ff:(completed the game last week)

2. How does K and Luna know the bomb passwords? Also, was K basically tasked to give the password to Sigma? Was it something he was "designed" for?
3. Still in K's path, did Alice shot Luna with the injection gun before she killed herself? Where did the gun come from?

These questions formed when I watched my girlfriend play the game. Maybe I just forgot them being explained?

Serious spoilers, don't click.
1. I don't know. I don't think it can be K because he only had time to rush down and turn off Dio's oxygen before rushing back. Or he might have done it to stop Sigma being able to continue on his own, knowing he wouldn't leave him and Phi.
2. K and Luna know it because Zero Snr and Akane prepped them to do it before they died [Because 'Momento Mori', after all] so Sigma would have access to the passwords.
3. Clover 'killed' Luna on K's path, as she did on Luna's path.

bakedpony

Serious spoilers, don't click.
1. I don't know. I don't think it can be K because he only had time to rush down and turn off Dio's oxygen before rushing back. Or he might have done it to stop Sigma being able to continue on his own, knowing he wouldn't leave him and Phi.
2. K and Luna know it because Zero Snr and Akane prepped them to do it before they died [Because 'Momento Mori', after all] so Sigma would have access to the passwords.
3. Clover 'killed' Luna on K's path, as she did on Luna's path.

1. But why would he kill himself and Phi for that? Was that part of his being prepped by Zero and Akane? I guess it's possible but doesn't really make sense.
2. I agree with that.
3. So when did she kill Luna in K's path? I guess when they looked for Quark.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon- $10 gift credit for screwing up my pre-order bonus. Excellent. Especially nice considering I was able to get in on the deal anyways when they put up the later batch.
Weird, I got the $10 credit too even though I completely cancelled my original order and managed to get a watch from the second batch. Not complaining though, guess I'll pick up layton or paper mario with this.

1. Probably Dio himself. Imagine being stuck in a "coffin" with no air. What would you do? He probably tried to break free, eventually smashing the watch against the pod's walls.
2.They're not bomb passwords, but computer passwords.
3. Answered by Jintor.

Jintor

1. But why would he kill himself and Phi for that? Was that part of his being prepped by Zero and Akane? I guess it's possible but doesn't really make sense.
2. I agree with that.
3. So when did she kill Luna in K's path? I guess when they looked for Quark.

1. I don't like this theory, but I can't think of anybody else who would have smashed the bracelet except maybe Luna, although that would violate the three laws so I doubt it. (Still very surprised they didn't use the Zeroth law of Robotics.

3. Is there anything that stops her from killing Luna at the same time she does on Luna's path? I can't recall.

1. Probably Dio himself. Imagine being stuck in a "coffin" with no air. What would you do? He probably tried to break free, eventually smashing the watch against the pod's walls.

I think K said he found it outside the pod.

bakedpony

2.They're not bomb passwords, but computer passwords.
3. Answered by Jintor.

In regards to number 2, yeah that's right! I got them mixed up!

I think Jintor is right about the item's location in 1 though.

As for Jintor's reply for 3,

In Luna's path, she dies after the 2nd AB Game. In K's path, she dies before the 2nd AB game while looking for Quark.

Finally got my first character ending! It was Tenmyouji. I love how the game just casually drops the biggest bomb shell of the whole game so far.

Hi I’m Tenmyouji....oh yeah I’m also Junpei!
Whaaaa? I was expecting another twist at the end but
that note Quark game me didn’t have any! : (

Any tips on how to get the gold file in the
Treatment Room?
I’ve got the code for the key. It says you need ‘one piece’ for the second code. WUT?

directors office gold folder
i know its a parralegram i have to make but i cant do it :-(

Bleh...that puzzle drove me absolutely nuts. It took me a good hour before I finally did it.

Vibed

Finally got my first character ending! It was Tenmyouji. I love how the game just casually drops the biggest bomb shell of the whole game so far.

Hi I’m Tenmyouji....oh yeah I’m also Junpei!
Whaaaa? I was expecting another twist at the end but
that note Quark game me didn’t have any! : (

Treatment Room?
I’ve got the code for the key. It says you need ‘one piece’ for the second code. WUT?

Bleh...that puzzle drove me absolutely nuts. It took me a good hour before I finally did it.

Yeah, I found that puzzle weird too cause for some stupid reason
you don't even start on the first space. Anyway, it means instead of going back to the first space for every letter, just continue from the space you are currently on with that same "game piece".

Jucksalbe

Banned
Treatment Room?
I tried my best to delete that other spoiler without looking at it, man this thread is a nightmare.
To your question:
For the normal solution you start at the beginning for every new letter (as in you use four pieces), for the gold file you have to keep going from where you stopped (as in you're moving around the board with just one piece).

Yeah, I found that puzzle weird too cause for some stupid reason
you don't even start on the first space. Anyway, it means instead of going back to the first space for every letter, just continue from the space you are currently on with that same "game piece".

To your question:
For the normal solution you start at the beginning for every new letter (as in you use four pieces), for the gold file you have to keep going from where you stopped (as in you're moving around the board with just one piece).

LOL, I probably never would have figured that out. Thanks!

How I wish I could tell you...

Don't say anything in response to this that'll give it away, but basically
that old guy in the hologram means that Zero must be a male, and I doubt it's just some random character.

The whole Tenmyouji being Junpei and being old only a year after the previous Nonary Game is making me think its Sigma from the future. Or perhaps from the past?
Hmmm......

Jintor

Don't say anything in response to this that'll give it away, but basically
that old guy in the hologram means that Zero must be a male, and I doubt it's just some random character.

The whole Tenmyouji being Junpei and being old only a year after the previous Nonary Game is making me think its Sigma from the future. Or perhaps from the past?
Hmmm......

:D

Javier

Question about a bad ending and the flowchart.

One ending I got (which I described in my previous post) says "Lock N°2" in the flowchart. Does this mean I unlocked Lock N°2, or that I need Lock N°2 to see that ending in full?

Jintor

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

[take it as you will]

Question about a bad ending and the flowchart.

One ending I got (which I described in my previous post) says "Lock N°2" in the flowchart. Does this mean I unlocked Lock N°2, or that I need Lock N°2 to see that ending in full?

It'll go green when you can proceed.

Necrovex

So I just one the final ending to get. Amazotron so far, but I still liked 999 more in every way.

After reading your impression on P4G, I'm not surprised that you like the first game more. The tone is far darker in 999 than VLR.

When it comes to story, 999 takes the cake. When it comes to the actual gameplay, VLR takes the cake.

Oh man, I remember
Phi called Sigma &#8216;Grandpa&#8217; early in the game.

You also never see Sigma, or hear his voice too. OMGGGGGG! O_O

^Can no one comment on this comment? I don't want to be swayed.

Venfayth

Oh man, I remember
Phi called Sigma ‘Grandpa’ early in the game.

You also never see Sigma, or hear his voice too. OMGGGGGG! O_O

^Can no one comment on this comment? I don't want to be swayed.

Well...

There are at least a couple "dirty" mirrors in the game. :p Also, you'd think you'd be able to see his reflection in the water in the B. Garden. Must be special anti-reflection water.

Omikaru

Escaping from Zero's game, essentially. What I'm wondering is END GAME SPOILER
how that relates to the third ZE game, since the location hinted isn't someplace Zero could intervene.

We don't know that for sure just yet. Ending spoiler:
The ending makes perfectly clear that we can't know what happens there yet, except that Sigma loses an eye and both of his arms.

There could be a Zero scenario just yet...

Venfayth

Venfayth - I&#8217;ll highlight that after I finish the game. I'm kinda paranoid! : p

Haha it's nothing too spoilery, but you're better safe than sorry.

We don't know that for sure just yet. Ending spoiler:
The ending makes perfectly clear that we can't know what happens there yet, except that Sigma loses an eye and both of his arms.

There could be a Zero scenario just yet...

Yup. I'm agreed with this.

I do NOT trust Akane one bit. She could easily be manipulating everything for some yet-unforeseen goal.

Venfayth

Oh, also Tricky, I just realized you were asking people to not comment on it, as opposed to asking if there was no one that COULD comment on it D:

I'm sorry!

Lusankya

Good news for us European fans:

Virtue's Last Reward 3DS bug UPDATE:
At Rising Star Games we have appreciated everyone's support by notifying us about the saving bug found in 3DS version of Virtue's Last Reward and we thank you for the patience shown by the community while we investigated the issue.

Upon analysing the master code we submitted for the game we have not found any replications of this bug. Currently we would hope
this means the bug does not exist on our version. As soon as the boxed 3DS retail cartridges arrive in our office we will be examining them to confirm the bug is not present in our copy of Virtue's Last Reward.

When we are able to test these copies we will update the community and take the situation from there. Thanks again for your patience and support.

So MAYBE at least that won't be an issue.

Dantis

Finally finished. Excellent game. Really, really enjoyed it.

I liked 999 more in just about every way (Besides length. VLR is enormous), but this is still easily in my top two games of the year.

I guessed some of the plots points, which I'm not sure is good or bad.

Also, I felt like some people were really exaggerating when they said you need to play 999. I disagree wholeheartedly. The 999 connection felt really half hearted to me. Like they came up with a great story and just threw in a few winks to 999 to grab people's attention.

Also, check it, the paper I used to solve the puzzles:

Truly, the scribblings of a madman.

After reading your impression on P4G, I'm not surprised that you like the first game more. The tone is far darker in 999 than VLR.

When it comes to story, 999 takes the cake. When it comes to the actual gameplay, VLR takes the cake.

Man though, I really struggled with some of the puzzles. Some took an unbelievable amount of time, and one or two I had to actually cheat on, including some of the final room. Kind of liked being able to get through them mostly easily in 999.

Venfayth

One of the comparisons made, that I agree with, is 999 is to portal as VLR is to portal 2. VLR is amazing, but it loses some of the poignancy of the original.

Lan_97

Still making my way through the game, but wanted to briefly comment on the 3DS version. The game itself is great, but it feels unpolished as a 3DS game.

The 3D itself is completely half-assed. Very little depth in the backgrounds of the VN/puzzle scenes. Items have very little depth when examining in your inventory. Characters themselves, despite being 3D models are completely flat and look like cutouts. Cutscenes and stills using in-game 3d models are also completely flat images that are slightly recessed. Also, there have been a few instances where the 3D was just incorrect (i.e. backgrounds rendered in front of characters).

The touch controls sometimes feel sluggish and unresponsive. Panning around a scene feels pretty awkward.

Also, some problems that I hear are non-issues in the vita version: unskippable credits, only one save slot, cutoff secret files.

Roubjon

There is probably only a single complaint I have about it, although I have yet to beat it as I'm around 25 hours in.

There was a period of time, probably at around 15-20 hours in, where I got frustrated with the story. How many times did I have to see Quark get sick, and try to kill himself. It made me not want to continue down huge paths I haven't started yet because it's a pain to do a puzzle room and be rewarded with Quark getting sick again, and then Alice killing herself again. I guess I wish there was more variety in what happens, even though from what I can see so far, that wouldn't make any sense. I guess part of the reason for my complaint is because Quark is a shitty character, although I haven't heard any back story about him yet, so there is still a chance for him to be an interesting, yet shitty character.

Top Bottom