• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

6cNlx.png

ahhahahahahahahahahaha

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why're we discussing two bad point-guards?

What's next?

"Bargnani is better than Spencer Hawes!"

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

What's next?

because they're playing against each other today, and their being central to arguably the third largest storyline of last years FA....

giri

because they're playing against each other today, and their being central to arguably the third largest storyline of last years FA....

yeah, but no because they're great players.

They're still sort of irrelevant. Thought Felton looks a lot better back in NY. What a giant turd he is.

Did you just make the claim that one point guard beats another in head-to-head stats by using rebounds, blocks, and minutes per game as justification?

smfh

Feltons been a beast so far off the PnR. Im not a Synergy subscriber but Id put money on his production off the pnr ranking pretty alright among starting 1s. it seems like he can beat his man off the dribble and get to the rim whenever he wants.
Lin looks tentative as fuck. I dont know what part of thats James Harden dominating the ball, his knee he claims isnt 100%, his confidence or what. but he looks bad. maybe hell have a break out, F you kind of game today.

Feltons been a beast so far off the PnR. Im not a Synergy subscriber but Id put money on his production off the pnr ranking pretty alright among starting 1s. it seems like he can beat his man off the dribble and get to the rim whenever he wants.
It doesn't make sense though, Harden should take a shitton of pressure off Lin. Also Lin made ared effries look good. ARED EFFRIES... he should be turning Asik/Co. into all-stars. I know usage rate factors into it since Harden is now the primary ballhandler, but it's still weird.
Lin looks tentative as fuck. I dont know what part of thats James Harden dominating the ball, his knee he claims isnt 100%, his confidence or what. but he looks bad. maybe hell have a break out, F you kind of game today.
He's not the only one. Raymond Feltoon was pissed off himself @ the negative media attention, if Lin doesn't bring his A game Felton will score 40 off him tonight. I fully expect the Rockets to put Harden on Felton and "hide" Lin on Kidd/Brewer, putting the onus on NY to post up Lin.

It doesn't make sense though, Harden should take a shitton of pressure off Lin. Also Lin made ared effries look good. ARED EFFRIES... he should be turning Asik/Co. into all-stars. I know usage rate factors into it since Harden is now the primary ballhandler, but it's still weird.

He's not the only one. Raymond Feltoon was pissed off himself @ the negative media attention, if Lin doesn't bring his A game Felton will score 40 off him tonight. I fully expect the Rockets to put Harden on Felton and "hide" Lin on Kidd/Brewer, putting the onus on NY to post up Lin.

Lin always needs the ball in his hands, as does Harden.

Lin is trash. Not surprising in the least. The only mistake I made last year when I said he was the Asian Ramon Sessions was that it turns out that's an insult to Ramon Sessions. Congrats on that pick up, Houston.

Lin is trash. Not surprising in the least. The only mistake I made last year when I said he was the Asian Ramon Sessions was that it turns out that's an insult to Ramon Sessions. Congrats on that pick up, Houston.

I don't know why some people go out of their way just to hate on J Lin.

pilonv1

Still remember saying that he was putting up numbers against bad teams and controlling the ball all the time so anyone would put up those stats with his possessions.

Feels good to be right.

Karakand

What's next?

Can we get a head to head rundown on Ish Smith and Jannero Pargo? I really want to know which point guards are the worst in the NBA this season.

Probably a reaction to people that go out of their way to hype and overrate him.
In fairness alot of those people are gone, the Jeremy Lin thread has been dead for awhile.

I'm not going to say he's done after 10 games w/ a brand new team. The only thing I've ever said regarding the Lin situation is that Felton would be pretty dang good playing back in NY. Let me see Lin chucking up airballs and having close to 4 turnovers a game in January before I say his 15 minutes are over. He's a developing player finally getting a shot to show his stuff, he's going to have to find a rapport with a big and work that PnR.

Baby Milo

I just know he is gonna have a monster game tonight against the knicks though

Celtics trying to get Gortat?

According to Przeglad Sportowy, kingjamesgospel.com is reporting that the Celtics plan to offer a trade to Phoenix for center Marcin Gortat.

To acquire Gortat, the Celtics would likely have to move a combination of draft picks, Avery Bradley, and Fab Melo.

Since breaking onto the scene in the 2010-2011 season, Gortat has proven to be one of the leagues best all around centers. He consistently racks up double doubles, while leading the Suns defense.

If a trade goes through, expect to see him start at center for the C’s. Kevin Garnett would move back to his natural position of power forward, and Brandon Bass would move to the bench.

http://clnsradio.com/2012/11/23/celtics-to-propose-trade-for-marcin-gortat/

Flash

Good move if they pull it off.

Drafts picks are whatever as long as it's not anything past the 2014 draft. Pierce and Garnett ain't got much longer. I don't like the idea of giving up Avery Bradley though. He seemed like he could've made a different in the Miami series last year.

I don't know if Celtics really need Gortat though... their main objective should be getting past the Heat and I think Bradley will be more useful to them in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom