• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Someone needs to stop him from playing.

Don't listen to the haters Roy, nobody stop me shooting
20120422_ajw_sy4_285_extra_large_medium.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
We can't all be dIEHARD.

No you're right though. Blazers med staff and docs are awesome in reality.

Yeah, because a guy that had multiple knee surgeries before he even finished college is the retroactive blame of the Blazers med staff. You nailed this one, motherfucker.

shira

Fixed.

There's still hope.
The team docs for Portland made a KILLING with Oden and Roy

Those dudes must be rolling in that sucker money

Yeah, because a guy that had multiple knee surgeries before he even finished college is the retroactive blame of the Blazers med staff. You nailed this one, motherfucker.

Uhh you don't tell a guy to have more surgery

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Uhh you don't tell a guy to have more surgery

The Portland doctors (and other doctors around the country!) told him to retire. Gondo's joke was "don't listen to the Portland doctors! There's still hope!"

Who are you arguing with?

giri

Is Roy's contract even insured?

I highly doubt it, well, his knee's anyway. That would be un-insurable, much like Amare's.

Whilst i think the portland medical staff and trainers are shit, Roy has had that opinion driven at him by multiple doctors from several countries.

He's basically gone around and asked anyone with a degree who has knee's.

I'm not even sure why he's so determined to keep playing, he got HUGE money off that last portland contract, and i've not heard anything about him being in tons of debt or anything.

KingGondo

Banned
Just like the Thunder GM

Hey Sam how's that Harden trade working out?

You looking to get the finals this year again?

Keep up the good work bud
We're basically tied for the 1 seed with YNB not giving a fuck and Thabust as our backup center.

Getting trashtalked by a Blazers fan is comical in light of these facts.

Say what?

i got AK47's, AR-15's, Tech-9's..

you didn't i was about that life huh muthafucka?
Exactly where is the hood located in SLC?

linsivvi

I highly doubt it, well, his knee's anyway. That would be un-insurable, much like Amare's.

Whilst i think the portland medical staff and trainers are shit, Roy has had that opinion driven at him by multiple doctors from several countries.

He's basically gone around and asked anyone with a degree who has knee's.

I'm not even sure why he's so determined to keep playing, he got HUGE money off that last portland contract, and i've not heard anything about him being in tons of debt or anything.

Just being stubborn I guess. He's going to regret it later in life.

giri

Just being stubborn I guess. He's going to regret it later in life.

Yeah, not being able to go to his kids graduation because there are 3 stairs in his path will be much more tragic than he realises.

At some point, the guy has to move on and stop trying to define his life by playing basketball.

If he loves it that much still, go coach. But for the sanity of everyone that has to watch this tragedy, stop playing.

linsivvi

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8663629/nba-says-officials-missed-late-foul-charlotte-bobcats-win-toronto-raptors

The NBA said Thursday that officials Ed Malloy, John Goble and Violet Palmer missed a foul by Charlotte's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist against Toronto's Andrea Bargnani on a jump shot in the final seconds of the Bobcats' 98-97 victory Wednesday night.

The NBA said Bargnani should have been given two free throws and the clock stopped with approximately 2.4 seconds remaining.

Replays showed Kidd-Gilchrist's right hand made contact with Bargnani's left wrist as the Toronto player shot, with the ball coming up well short.

The Bobcats got robbed.

fuck that coach. hes asking for some shit from someone who wont take his. and lol Skip..."in my day" he says. in your day, teachers was beating kids in class, who cares about 70s style coaching.

He's 27 years old and basically being told "You know that thing you've done and loved for your entire life, you have to stop doing it." He probably has no idea what the fuck to do with the rest of his life, regardless of how many millions he's banked. I can understand his persistence. It's fucking sad as hell.

pilonv1

Lakers, here's some help for your bench

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...l-star-attempting-comeback-player-sources-say

Former NBA All-Star Michael Finley is putting his front-office career on hold in hopes of extending his playing career, according to sources with knowledge of his plans.

Sources told ESPN that Finley, after participating in NBA pickup games all summer, continues to work out vigorously in pursuit of a contract that would give him one more run as an NBA player before shifting his focus to front-office work.

giri

He's 27 years old and basically being told "You know that thing you've done and loved for your entire life, you have to stop doing it." He probably has no idea what the fuck to do with the rest of his life, regardless of how many millions he's banked. I can understand his persistence. It's fucking sad as hell.

I get it, but when someone says stop, or you won't be walking in 3 years. You basically have to be obstinate to a fault, to keep going.

In someways, you can only respect the passion and drive the guy has.

I just hope he finds a way to channel that into coaching or something.

Canuck76

Banned
I get it, but when someone says stop, or you won't be walking in 3 years. You basically have to be obstinate to a fault, to keep going.

In someways, you can only respect the passion and drive the guy has.

I just hope he finds a way to channel that into coaching or something.

Before his minny contract, last i heard the blazers gave him an open offer to have some sort of role in the organization. Right now i think they should give this team 2-3 years just to sort of figure out their identity without Brandon. But yeah, I'm sure he'll come back to basketball in some way.

DominoKid

coach. go teach the game.

KingJ2002

Told you it's just like Bogut. Initial release was just to limit panic.

not that concerned. It allows Morris to continue developing.. at this point i'd rather he be a backup for nash than Duhon or Blake... although being stacked with point guards saved our asses when the steve's went down.

Feels like my pickem ranking hasn't budged for a couple weeks now :( Was hoping to move up. At least I'm doing awesome at the tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom