• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Village

They put their money into a democratic process and got a democratic process, they cant cope and act like children. Beowulf and Feng are my favorite characters so me, too, doesnt "like" what is getting back but it doesnt put me above the fanbase and I respect the process.

Bunch of babies.

They put their money into game. The two mystery people could have been chosen by the game's team. This is why I am almost never for voting characters in, if a character has high fan demand fine. But voting characters in goes shitily almost always.

Because people cry when people do things like withdrawing, saying why don't these people care about the rest of us. When the voting processes in its self, is not giving a shit about anyone else and indulging in what you want, why do expect someone to give a shit about you and what you want.

It sucks, and caring would be the nice thing to do, but why would expect that?

Hmm, I would think some people would be happy that Lab Zero changed the decision into two separate votes, but some people are acting like an all female final is the end of the world.

I would have personally loved for there to have only been one vote giving who's in the finals now.

Johnz

Neo Member
Hmm, I would think some people would be happy that Lab Zero changed the decision into two separate votes, but some people are acting like an all female final is the end of the world.

I would have personally loved for there to have only been one vote giving who's in the finals now.

Really though what is to stop the next vote being basically the same? I mean one fraction of people will change but a majority won't.

wildfire

Banned
Panzerfaust is out?

yOPIX1j.gif

And a new Skullgirls male character was born....

Really though what is to stop the next vote being basically the same? I mean one fraction of people will change but a majority won't.

Considering that fraction will be the dominant plurality it will change noticeably.

While I actually think that people won't change their minds about who to vote for, the last vote rounds were both extremely close, so there's absolutely nothing stopping the next final being all male. Well, no, because I think Ravid only mentioned the top 5 or 6 of the 3rd round being really close, but that still leaves room for two of the guys that made it to the 3rd round to have a shot making it farther next time.

If it came down to one vote I think Eliza would stand a much better chance of going in. I'm thinking the people who went for Beo/Stan/Isaac/Panzer would probably choose to vote for her given she's the most anti-moe character left whilst the moe vote would be split. Assuming that divide isn't thought to put Eliza through this time and either Annie/Minette wins then round 2 will have most of the Annie/Minette supporters vote for the one that's left and they'll be sure to take the second slot given it's been shown that there's a moe majority.

Kioshen

They put their money into Squigly, Big Band, and two mystery characters that are fan voted; that is exactly what's being delivered. It's childish and being a complete dick to demand a refund when it doesn't go exactly your way.

They put their money into a democratic process and got a democratic process, they cant cope and act like children. Beowulf and Feng are my favorite characters so me, too, doesnt "like" what is getting back but it doesnt put me above the fanbase and I respect the process.

Bunch of babies.

100% agree on this.

Mista Koo

Did not see that one coming. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with two girls :(

Edit: I totally get people not interested Eliza. She's well designed and polished but a bit underwhelming.
She'd easily fit in with the Darkstalkers cast though. My interest in her is mainly for potential crazy animations/transformations.

All man voters please now channel your energy to the superior Aeon and Eliza.
Yep these are the two I'm considering too. I'd probably enjoy playing the others though I'm not voting for them.

First time visiting 4chan in forever and what do I see? Some pretty cool Eliza Palettes.
EUuTBOR.jpg
Needs Rain from Plasma Sword:

dmUzdDy.png

And maybe Morrigan.

ZTS

Banned
Well I'm done with this game. Enjoy continuing to alienate the majority. I wish I could take my money back.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I'm happy with the all female final. They need to go one step further and turn Big Band into a girl also.

Nyoro SF

OK I finished compiling all the names of Aeon supporters.

Once I figure out how I can do a random raffle generator I will be PMing the winner soon.

Ah a random number generator will work just as well.

cress2000

Wow, what a thing to wake up to. Still voting Annie, and intend to vote Minette in vote 2.

I wouldn't be disappointed with whoever wins in this top 4 though.

Wow, no males? :(

This sucks... I have no hope for any of them in round 2 either.
Personally I'm expecting a guy to take the 2nd round. Then again maybe general design/appeal > the gender aspect.

Changing topics, in a way all this salt is complementary in the sense that the character designs are good to the point that people are getting seriously invested in this. I'd go on a rant about taking that too far in the form of weighing said investment in a video game character over other's well-being, but it's such a minority doing this that there's no point. I mean we had what, ~16,000 contributors? Anyways even if a character I'm not too hot on makes it in Lab Zero is so damn creative I'd probably change my mind as soon as I saw the character in action. Regardless the end result is going to be great.

Village

Personally I'm expecting a guy to take the 2nd round. Then again maybe general design/appeal > the gender aspect.

Changing topics, in a way all this salt is complementary in the sense that the character designs are good to the point that people are getting seriously invested in this. I'd go on a rant about taking that too far in the form of weighing said investment in a video game character over other's well-being, but it's such a minority doing this that there's no point. I mean we had what, ~16,000 contributors? Anyways even if a character I'm not too hot on makes it in Lab Zero is so damn creative I'd probably change my mind as soon as I saw the character in action. Regardless the end result is going to be great.

Opposite for me, I would just go back to barely playing it. Move set shouldn't have to shoulder the burden of making a character appealing. It should be a combination of things.

Minsc

Gold Member
My statement still stands its reasonable for people to think that way , despite how sad it makes me.

No its not... or I wouldn't be able to demand a refund... for anything, again i dont want a refund. I want these guys to succeed and make more games, but I am not going to act like I don't understand those who wish to withdraw.

It absolutely is unreasonable. And imo Lab Zero could probably fight the chargebacks and win by showing they got what they paid for, a vote, not a specific result.

Just think, if everyone did the "reasonable" thing you are saying, and asked for their money back because their character wasn't picked, Lab Zero would probably have to refund over $100,000 per voting round and thus would have to tell everyone an entire bonus character is now cancelled due to lack of funds, and then more people would be pissed and demand a refund, and then Lab Zero would get more chargebacks, then have even less money, and possibly need to cancel the other extra character too!

No Beowulf? So much sadness....

Luckily for me, my other choice made it in, so I now declare myself a proud member of #TeamEliza

Now, let there be blood
goddess
!

And people are really asking for refunds because the vote didn't go their way? Maybe LabZero should have put an age gate on the donation drive so they didn't have to deal with a bunch of petulant 12 year olds.

Anbec7

Shit! I don´t know for who to vote this next round
I´m sad Beowulf got eliminated (So close!) But let´s GO ROUND2!

There a few good teams
Team Beon
Or Startwulf!
:S this is gonna be a long week! hahahaha

0xCA2

The whole "let-the-fans-vote-for-DLC" thing may have seemed a good idea, but with childish, self-entitled fraudulent voters, this thing turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. I no longer am interested in the 2nd character vote, because I fear that when the final 4 in that round are announced these guys will collectively moan for their money back.

I wish the guys of Lab Zero the best and will be looking out for the patch on the 360 and the DLC characters, but I have a feeling it's about to get worse... lots worse.
Tell the people who ask for refunds that if they donated 3 mil they could have all the characters in the game.

Kusagari

Just woke up and saw the results and the salt.

Oh man, the salt.

The salt would be far more enjoyable though if it wasn't negatively impacting LabZero like this. smh at these chargebacking losers.

Anyway #TEAMELIZA lets go!

ZTS

Banned
Last time I checked, the voting process would determine the majority....

Last time I check the majority of people in the FGC have no interest in SkullGirls.(4 people at Final Round for SG) People who didn't have interest but put in money were putting it towards a more diverse cast because you know not everyone wants to play Anime Weebo Moe garbage.

I voted for diversity what I got was the same old shit. Since I have a vote it will got toward Eliza but I have no interest in playing her or any of these characters. AKA I wont be going back and playing SkullGirls.

Cyrano

If Annie/Minette get through this round then you better believe the other's going to take the second slot by a landslide.
OH YEAH BRUTHA!

Vote #Minette!!!!!

Good lord this is the most unexpected (and best) result.

Any of these characters could be super fun (Minette is the most fun though).

Skullgirls fans, yay!

To be honest, it will be VERY interesting if Annie and Feng make it into the next top 4.

Also, seriously, what in god's name is this chargeback garbage?

Even if my character didn't make it in, I paid for Skullgirls, I didn't pay for wish fulfillment.

OH YEAH BRUTHA!

Vote #Minette!!!!!

Good lord this is the most unexpected (and best) result.

Any of these characters could be super fun (Minette is the most fun though).

Skullgirls fans, yay!

To be honest, it will be VERY interesting if Annie and Feng make it into the next top 4.

The best result now is that Eliza wins due to the moe split, the next round ends with Beowulf/Annie/Minette/Aeon in the finals and the same business happens with Beowulf making it. No stupid moe in the game and everyone wins! ^-^

El Sloth

Banned
Last time I check the majority of people in the FGC have no interest in SkullGirls.(4 people at Final Round for SG) People who didn't have interest but put in money were putting it towards a more diverse cast because you know not everyone wants to play Anime Weebo Moe garbage.

I voted for diversity what I got was the same old shit. Since I have a vote it will got toward Eliza but I have no interest in playing her or any of these characters. AKA I wont be going back and playing SkullGirls.
Pretty sure that this IndieGoGo campaign proved that the game doesn't need the FGC, or a competitive scene in general, for the game to thrive. Would it be cool? Sure. But the fan base is big enough already that it's not exactly necessary like some people want to make it out to be.

You're overestimating the importance of the FGC. I say this as a dude who has organized SG sessions at Next Level and is in the process of trying to set up a future tournament.

Ravidrath

So...

Should I throw in a question in tonight's poll asking if we should abort the second character vote, and let the team pick a character instead?

With some the things people are saying, I'd like to think that people are just being irrational and over-competitive, and this will all go away when the vote's over. But I'm not entirely sure of this.

Top Bottom