• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So I wonder if the game takes place primarily or partially in this European city, as Versus featured a modern Tokyo-esque metropolis in its media. Did they scrap it in favor of a new direction for XV?

ku-xlarge.jpg

They probably have more cities though.

This city looks like Valhalla in Thor with a mix of European stuff.

Right now, neither FF15 or KH3 are signed on the dotted line exclusive. FF15 was, once upon a time, pretty much expected as SCE were the ones who made the initial approach for that project to be changed to a next generation platform. KH3 was pursued aggressively, and was near enough finalised about a month ago, but since the MS reveal, a fair few things have changed. So, things are on hold right now, and the contract is essentially in the air. However, SCE does have options on exclusive games from SE.

Secondly, people should really disregard this whole Sony co-developing nonsense. I've said before it's exaggerated, and it really is. I'm also quite confident the so called 'sources' of this nonsense rumour are probably derived from a couple PMs of mine back at the end of January. I told a fair few people (one ended up having a meltdown, and then getting banned), and I imagine some went to places like VGLeaks, and then other sites picked up on it later.

Anyhow, game looks really nice. The segments in the building, and the water city with the boats and European/ME architecture are all real time.

Options on the exclusivity? That's smart. Were they waiting to see the E3 response?

Call it, Sony. It'll make a really nice fatality move.

No one cares about FFXIV exclusive. At least not me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sony's PR about their E3 press conference also went out:

PR said:
Boyes also unveiled blockbuster content from key publishing partners, including KINGDOM HEARTS III and FINAL FANTASY ® XV from SQUARE ENIX, Ubisoft Entertainment, Assassin’s Creed ® IV Black Flag™ and Watch_Dogs™, 2K Sports’s NBA ® 2K14, Bethesda Game Studios’ The Elder Scrolls ® Online, and the world exclusive unveil of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s Mad Max™. Bungie, one of the most celebrated developers in the industry, was also on stage to introduce the world gameplay premiere of Destiny™. SCEA announced a long-term exclusive partnership with Bungie and Activision that will ensure that the PS4 ecosystem evolves and grows with the incredible Destiny world.

They mention a long-term exclusive partnership with Bungie and Activision for Destiny content. Kind of quiet on the other front.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
But I want to join too. May I ask how you got it?
Screen capture and some resizing.

Actually, someone already captured them earlier in the thread, so you just have to resize one you like. If you want me to make one for you, just tell me which character.

PokéKong

I remember seeing in some japanese magazine scans shots of exploration around a Fallout-esque wasteland, and then in some of the earlier trailers there's a green naturey plain with wyvern things all over. So the locations in this game are of course meant to be as varied as any other Final Fantasy from the very beginning.

And am I seeing this right? Noctis' power is to throw a sword and then bamf directly to its location? Man I hope that is implemented directly into regular gameplay and not just some qte special occasion thing.

Vitanimus

So did we get any release date? 2014 or 15?

I imagine we will find out more about XV tomorrow from Square Enix's FF event for the press. Considering how Nomura has consistently said KHIII development wouldn't start until Versus is finished, I'm hoping this means that a release estimate is available for XV.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
When this was first streamed and that huge Leviathan was in the sky, I actually gasped. Anyone else react to that shot?

Verendus

Banned
So Verendus, XV is guaranteed not to be exclusive?
We will see. That's all that can be said for the time being.

Not knowing this pretty much tells you how authoritative he is.
The big reveal this year is actually KH3.
I did know that, as early as January. I'm pretty sure I also told Ultros a few weeks ago, albeit through coded PMs since I didn't know how he came across the information, that he may be seeing it at E3. I'm not sure if Ultros has me confused here for someone else. The non-KH PS4 doesn't affect KH3, and it's yet to be revealed, and I haven't mentioned when it'll be revealed either. Nor is it something SCE would trot out on their biggest E3 event of the decade since it'd be ridiculous.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Looks amazing. Seriously. Wow.
Though, with XV out of the way, what are they exactly planning to show for "The Future of Final Fantasy" event?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I didn't make any ban bets. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When this was first streamed and Leviathan was in the sky, I actually gasped. Anyone else react to that shot?

That was probably one of the most impressive things I saw at E3 visually (in terms of combined artistic sense, technical implementation, and original concept).

Sure would be nice if going forward on the nice big Blu-ray discs they actually put all available voice tracks on the disc as options in all regions. Squenix didn't have any problems showing us a trailer voiced entirely in Japanese just now, how about giving us the whole game with that option?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When this was first streamed and that huge Leviathan was in the sky, I actually gasped. Anyone else react to that shot?
I reacted to every shot, but Leviathan especially made me go "OH MY GOD".

Verendus

Banned
Anyway, ignoring the nonsense behind the doors bad news.

I just love that this is finally out there. SE fans have been waiting such a long time for it and it's a great way to reveal everything again. I'm slightly disappointed they didn't show more. The city itself where you have everything going ballistic is gorgeous, and there were some outdoor segments that would've fit really well had they shown them. I'm sure SE is going to trickle more and more information out, as well as footage, but it's genuinely great to finally have it back out in the open.

Don't worry, I'm #TeamVerendus

I hope Demon's Souls 2 is real though
lol

Ok so I have dibs on the blond dude if no one has him yet. otherwise I like the black haired chick.

anyways, I hope that they stick to the bromance story they intended originally instead of trying to shoehorn in a NoctXStella romance

Anyone know where I can listen to the song in the beginning......so goooood.

I could be wrong but I think Somnus is the only track that's been released, so youtube with the trailer is probably the only way for now?

It's late though so maybe I'm forgetting something or another track included as a bonus somewhere, if someone's got more info feel free.

Beatrix

We've all been waiting for this for so long. As others have mentioned I'm curious if they still have the dark, cyber-punk theme going on. The city revealed looks similar to a FF12 theme to me.

linko9

So.... still doesn't seem to be anywhere to get the trailer that wasn't just captured off the conference? What's the highest quality capture out there? Sorry, this is really bugging me.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
We've all been waiting for this for so long. As others have mentioned I'm curious if they still have the dark, cyber-punk theme going on. The city revealed looks similar to a FF12 theme to me.

I saw some of the same "Japanese city" imagery there. I wouldn't have called anything I ever saw from Versus "cyber punk" per se, but that's the kind of thing I assume you're referring to?

Petrichor

So is FFXV exclusive to playstation? Because he said FFXIV was exclusive to PS3 and PS4 on consoles, but not FFXV as far as I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom