• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, ignoring the nonsense behind the doors bad news.

I just love that this is finally out there. SE fans have been waiting such a long time for it and it's a great way to reveal everything again. I'm slightly disappointed they didn't show more. The city itself where you have everything going ballistic is gorgeous, and there were some outdoor segments that would've fit really well had they shown them. I'm sure SE is going to trickle more and more information out, as well as footage, but it's genuinely great to finally have it back out in the open.

lol

Could not agree more, it so great to have this back fresh in my mind, all of my hype is back for this game, they did well. (Same with that KH reveal when the classic song came on I was wondering when that HD collection would be in hands, it was a great night)

Thoraxes

So I wonder if the game takes place primarily or partially in this European city, as Versus featured a modern Tokyo-esque metropolis in its media. Did they scrap it in favor of a new direction for XV?

ku-xlarge.jpg
I hope they scrapped it.

This new stuff looks eons better.

PokéKong

Ya know, seeing this game reminds me that the core mechanics and gameplay and structure of modern "AAA" is actually pretty okay, you can have have all the modern standard features popular right now like third person shooting and melee and wars and squad-based operations with orders to partners and platforming-esque scripted action sequences, as long as you remember to actually let some interesting stuff happen! It’s a completely computerized world you are building, you can put anything you imagine in it, you aren’t doing a game any service but avoiding beauty. You can have a stuffy complicated political story but still have everyone dress fabulously, you can have a brutal battle waging but have it take place in a vibrant green pasture under a sunny blue sky, you can shoot dudes and then wash them away with waterfall spells in an ornate victorian-esque fantasy utopian city and then fly off in an air ship while battling a dragon to a modern tokyo metropolis and use mechs to fight behemoths on the streets. Are we so obsessed with the idea that our society is and can only become a dystopian nightmare that nothing else is relevant enough to be worth presenting? I don't think that sort of thinking is healthy.

sappyday

I hope they scrapped it.

This new stuff looks eons better.

It's still in the trailer so it's presumably still Noctis hometown and where the last crystal still being placed. The whole concept of Versus XIII having a modern city as it's central hub and then many fantasy/medieval towns surrounding always caught my interest and I hope they kept it that way.

You just have to use some sharpening and stuff after resizing.

Thank you very much.

jaxword

PokéKong;62550636 said:
Are we so obsessed with the idea that our society is and can only become a dystopian nightmare that nothing else is relevant enough to be worth presenting? I don't think that sort of thinking is healthy.

Star Trek is what you want for a positive utopian future.

The rest of sci-fi is for the cynics and realistic visions of how things will go.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So I wonder if the game takes place primarily or partially in this European city, as Versus featured a modern Tokyo-esque metropolis in its media. Did they scrap it in favor of a new direction for XV?

ku-xlarge.jpg

W23bPPb.png

O3futnr.png

The city is still there.

Think about games like FF8 which have cities like Dollet and Esthar in the same world.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed because i can't play this game on my PS3 in the end (hurr durr, so much for PS3 exclusive promise back then).

But then again, i can't say I'm not excited to see for this game on PS4. I mean, dat trailer!!!

Locke_211

I really hope that big outside countryside area is still there :)

And it was likely they had an idea what 15 would be while they were working on Versus, right? If so do you think that has just been bumped to 16? Or maybe they've not been planning it at all.

Savitar

Square, I'm not excited.

I couldn't help think of a quote from Harrison Ford to Lucas during the making of Star Wars while I watched this.

"You can write this shit but you sure can't say it."

W23bPPb.png

O3futnr.png

The city is still there.

Think about games like FF8 which have cities like Dollet and Esthar in the same world.

I still really like this other city too and as long as it's gotten the appropriate upgrades I'm sure it'll look great, the night atmosphere there was pretty excellent in the older footage.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been waiting a very long time for that trailer really, and it far exceeded my expectations, and they were extremely high. I thought it was incredible.

I'm surprised with all the rumours that it's almost certainly multiplatform though.

Has anyone got a good quality version of the trailer?

Kyon

Banned
Yessss! KH3 too. Nomura fucking delivered.

NomuraSUS ChrisT always delivering... i cant

I've been waiting a very long time for that trailer really, and it far exceeded my expectations, and they were extremely high. I thought it was incredible.

I'm surprised with all the rumours that it's almost certainly multiplatform though.

actually rumors point to the possibly of this being exclusive from the insider ppl in this thread. But its apparently like in talks over a contract

I'll be disappointed if you can't play it for PS3. Like I can't at all understand why it couldn't be playable on ps3. It started out as a PS3 game and presumably spent at least 5-6 years or more in development for it. How is it suddenly PS4 exclusive? I hope it's not

Kyon

Banned
I'll be disappointed if you can't play it for PS3. Like I can't at all understand why it couldn't be playable on ps3. It started out as a PS3 game and presumably spent at least 5-6 years or more in development for it. How is it suddenly PS4 exclusive? I hope it's not

Obviously Nomura couldnt put his entire vision of the game on the 7 year old tech. This trailer alone makes me forgive as well as KHIII. I would take these two on PS4 over PS3 any day of the week sorry :/

Izick

they even made a bloody CGI for the name change lol, was that even necessary?

I actually like that. It makes them go "okay, we know it was this, but we see it as important as being the next real step in the franchise." Not to mention I like that they're honest about it.

It's not up on S-E or Sony yet so it appears these are the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jLw1iDCwI

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xKbPooKAo

Depending upon where you mind the watermark.

jaxword

I wouldn't pray for ps3, the odds aren't leaning that way at all.

StuBurns

Banned
actually rumors point to the possibly of this being exclusive from the insider ppl in this thread. But its apparently like in talks over a contract
I don't know to which insider you're referring, but most GAF insiders seem to think Sony was co-developing the game, so I guess we'll see.

The trailer was great and all and I'm so happy to see this game coming to the ps4. With that being said I hope there is a good, lengthy rpg with exploration and good combat mechanics behind all that flash.
You have my curiosity Square.

I wouldn't pray for ps3, the odds aren't leaning that way at all.
B-B-B-But this game was one of the main contributing factors to me buying a PS3! And KH3! Sony said PS3 would have a 10 year lifespan! -_______-

Oh well. Hopefully Persona 5 will still be on PS3. And Valkyria Chronicles was a good exclusive.

Kyon

Banned
B-B-B-But this game was one of the main contributing factors to me buying a PS3! And KH3! Sony said PS3 would have a 10 year lifespan! -_______-

Oh well. Hopefully Persona 5 will still be on PS3. And Valkyria Chronicles was a good exclusive.

no fanks. I want everything PS4 now. If this is what comes of this

Spinluck

Idk if they will net FFXV and KH3 as exclusives without the used game restriction to bait publishers over. Then again, I'm a Gaffer not a business man, Pachter says we're to dumb to know how these things work. We can't have it all GAF.

Kyon

Banned
I don't know to which insider you're referring, but most GAF insiders seem to think Sony was co-developing the game, so I guess we'll see.

here's some stuff buddy :D dont know what to think yet

Right now, neither FF15 or KH3 are signed on the dotted line exclusive. FF15 was, once upon a time, pretty much expected as SCE were the ones who made the initial approach for that project to be changed to a next generation platform. KH3 was pursued aggressively, and was near enough finalised about a month ago, but since the MS reveal, a fair few things have changed. So, things are on hold right now, and the contract is essentially in the air. However, SCE does have options on exclusive games from SE.

Secondly, people should really disregard this whole Sony co-developing nonsense. I've said before it's exaggerated, and it really is. I'm also quite confident the so called 'sources' of this nonsense rumour are probably derived from a couple PMs of mine back at the end of January. I told a fair few people (one ended up having a meltdown, and then getting banned), and I imagine some went to places like VGLeaks, and then other sites picked up on it later.

Anyhow, game looks really nice. The segments in the building, and the water city with the boats and European/ME architecture are all real time.

Final Fantasy XV is exclusive. Sony was trying to work out Kingdom Hearts III before the conference. I have heard Sony is helping with XV to get the game out in a timely fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jLw1iDCwI

Someone should seriously gif the part where it transitions from Versus XIII to XV!

@3:45

tumblr_mo7jjkYl7z1qae53ko1_500.gif

Truth is i don't mind if it is not exclusive ( even thought i would like that )
SE knows there fan base will be on PS4 so i expect them to make the best version possible on that platform .
They have a lot to prove in this upcoming gen and i expect this to be the game that going to show there are back .
They can't afford to hold back in any way .

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

There seems to be some sort of contrast with the characters on opposite sides.

Noctis and Stella - Protagonists
Noctis' dad and old guy - Kings
Gladiolus and red haired guy - Meatheads
Promto and black haired lass - Best friends of the protagonists? Around the same age, at least.
Ingis and the other old guy - Strategists?
Brown haired guy and hood guy - Mystery characters

Just spitballing my thoughts :p

StuBurns

Banned
here's some stuff buddy dont know what to think yet
Oh, I guess we'll see.

Not that I care personally, I'm not buying an XBO, but I just thought it was very strange that for all the talk, they gave no indication it was exclusive.

Chake

Banned
I really REALLY hope those 12 aren't the only characters in the game. I want shit-ton, Game of Thornes kinda of cast.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I don't know how I feel about the fact that a game in development for 7 years looks to redeem this series.

On the one hand, those of us who made Versus the butt of a joke should eat a certain measure of crow.... Now that it's emerged, it looks amazing. Quality takes time.

But on the other hand.... It takes 7 years to make a game in HD fidelity that genuinely supports our greatest dreams for FF? That's kind of sad. I hope I don't have to wait another 7 years for the next FF masterpiece (if indeed, that's what this is).

Hoping lessons were learned that makes development for this series more timely in the future.

Kyon

Banned
Any good trailer links for mobile and no YouTube pls.

o @ you being in here after your fave Lightning was dragged to the pits of irrelevance yet again

I'm wondering the same bless... but tomorrow Square will most likely put it on youtube or something after their conference

I don't know how I feel about the fact that a game in development for 7 years looks to redeem this series.

On the one hand, those of us who made Versus the butt of a joke should eat a certain measure of crow.... Now that it's emerged, it looks amazing. Quality takes time.

But on the other hand.... It takes 7 years to make a game in HD fidelity that genuinely supports our greatest dreams for FF? That's kind of sad. I hope I don't have to wait another 7 years for the next FF masterpiece (if indeed, that's what this is).

Hoping lessons were learned that makes development for this series more timely in the future.

I dont think development started till like 4 years ago. I believe Kagari and Duckroll have said as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom