• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony just killed Microsoft #dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This ain't no war anymore, war suggests both sides have an equal chance of winning.
MS fucked up

HipHopGamer making his presence felt.

hhgk3lvj.gif

I knew that was him! I was pointing him out to my brother.

M°°nblade;62635016 said:
Not entirely.
Both offered lot's of nice, good looking games (quantum break, ryse, KZ, Infamous, ...).

It's:
- the 100 euro price difference
- the hardware advantage
- the DRM policy

that puts the PS4 relatively miles ahead.

If MS launched a 399€ Xbone with on par hardware and offline functionality, people's opinions would be split 50/50 between Xbone and PS4.

I'm sure it has a lot of value, but it's not something I want.

I agree with this post 100%. That is the main reason I gravitated toward Sony this year, hoping they would not implement the DRM policy, they didn't and that is what matters most of all. But along with that they announced some great titles, not as many exclusive but enough imo.

The games media reaction to all of this is going to be interesting to watch.

So many of them were saying for the past few weeks "The publishers are forcing Microsoft to do all this DRM stuff".

We found out last night that wasn't true at all. Some crow should be eaten, but I have a feeling we're gonna hear some new justifications instead.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I was wondering if anyone just watched the GT interview with Don Mattick? I could have sworn he said something like 'we have something for people who don't have Internet or reliable Internet and that is the Xbox 360'. Not sure if that's what he said, but if so.... wow. Just wow.

The games media reaction to all of this is going to be interesting to watch.

So many of them were saying for the past few weeks "The publishers are forcing Microsoft to do all this DRM stuff".

We found out last night that wasn't true at all. Some crow should be eaten, but I have a feeling we're gonna hear some new justifications instead.

The publishers want this, they just dont have the guts to do it themselves.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sorry but I thought this was funny:

ZgEBdMZ.jpg

I knew that was him! I was pointing him out to my brother.

I agree with this post 100%. That is the main reason I gravitated toward Sony this year, hoping they would not implement the DRM policy, they didn't and that is what matters most of all. But along with that they announced some great titles, not as many exclusive but enough imo.

Holy shit! I totally missed HHG during the conference - but there he is.

It's hard to believe

-bigger brand

-more powerful console

-more consumer friendly

-$/ € 100 cheaper

Remember that the PS3 outsold the Xbox 360 since day 1,despite the huge cost disadvantage.

2007 Hardware Shipments (Unit: Million)
Code:
 Console   Ja-Mr'07    Ap-Jn'07    Jl-Sp'07    Oc-Dc'07     2007     

PS3        1.8         0.7         1.3         4.9        8.7        

360        0.5         0.7         1.8         4.3        7.3

These days,the PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360 2:1 in France/Germany/Netherlands,3:1 in Spain/Belgium...

08l.jpg

09l.jpg

10l.jpg

Listening to my friends blather on about how Xbox One is gonna kick PS4's ass. One used that excuse on how people who aren't willing to pay full price for all games shouldn't be gamers. Smh...

Mileena

Banned
Listening to my friends blather on about how Xbox One is gonna kick PS4's ass. One used that excuse on how people who aren't willing to pay full price for all games shouldn't be gamers. Smh...

I'd argue that anyone dumb enough to pay full price for all games shouldn't be a gamer.

Megatron

Well now we know why Microsoft put in the feature that lets you play games while waiting for matchmaking. It could be a while to find another person who has an Xbox One....

Consider the fact that 360 launched a year ahead and was cheaper throughout the entire generation. Has been $199 for years now while PS3 has yet to hit that price. They had tons of 3rd party exclusives early on too. PS3 STILL caught up. Now with both launching within weeks, the PS4 being $100 cheaper, and this whole DRM/used games mindshare going on. There is literally no logical argument you can make for Microsoft winning. They would be lucky to even stay at pace.

FoxSpirit

What are they saying to the "Share with 10 other guys online" feature that MS now supposedly is doing. Not full price?? No price!!

When Sony showed a diverse lineup of colourful games in quick succession - with few generic shooters in sight - they wounded Microsoft.

When Sony announced no DRM and got genuine cheers from the audience - which just felt different to Microsoft's clearly planted cheers - they killed Microsoft.

Whey Sony announced the price - cheaper for a more powerful console - they performed some sort of soul-rendering spirit death upon Microsoft, leaving MS wandering the purgatories between the seven circles of Hell, tormented forever by the memory of Sony completely and utterly tearing them a new arsehole with such ferocity, it created a black hole.

I love this post. Hahahaha.

Duxxy3

Consider the fact that 360 launched a year ahead and was cheaper throughout the entire generation. Has been $199 for years now while PS3 has yet to hit that price. They had tons of 3rd party exclusives early on too. PS3 STILL caught up. Now with both launching within weeks, the PS4 being $100 cheaper, and this whole DRM/used games mindshare going on. There is literally no logical argument you can make for Microsoft winning. They would be lucky to even stay at pace.

Microsoft has zero chance of selling more systems than Sony, zero.

Microsoft is going after a much smaller market that is always connected and has a ton of disposable income, even more so than the 360 demographic.

Sony had nothing to do with that. Nintendo did it to themselves.

So did ms. Sony did a great job but they didn't need to as it turns out,

Ms are done in this industry. And after two gens and dozens of games I'm dne with them.

The ps3 was getting far more play of late anyway and gets better games. No brainer.

All this exageration...

I don't see it. In a PR sense, they shit down their throats and then put a big gold star on their foreheads.

The world shook.

Thank fuck except for one vocal guy, my FB friends have all been totally opposite and basically laughing at the One after E3.

Parch

My choice for PS4 has nothing to do with DRM or used games. They've got the better machine.

With a price drop or nice bundle, I can see myself getting an XB One eventually.

Krabardaf

I have to say it's great to see Sony going the consumer friendly route.

Don't think I'll buy any console at launch, but you'd have to be dishonest to not acknowledge Sony clearly has a better value console right now.

I don't think Microsoft is dead though. But I think they'll need a significant price drop to be relevant. I believe most of the target audience don't care that much about DRMs and online policies. Price and games, that's where the true battle is at. Power is only a mean of delivering great games, X1 will do fine on that front, and third party support is assured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom