• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

KZObsessed

deepbrown said:
You know you don't need to aim on the upriver one...just tap r1

wait... WHAT?

I've completed it twice now and didn't know that :lol

That section will be a lot more fun when I play it on Crushing later.

The Chef

I actually just got past the jetski part on hard. I tried like 20 times to just haul without stopping to shoot at all.

It actually worked...eventually :lol

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Man that upriver part is going to be so much of a blast on my second playthrough (havent started yet only due to the flood of games that have been released lately) I still can't beleive I didn't know that... ARRRGGGGGGG!

Dude dont feel bad im on my third play-through and I had no idea.

Man... all this talk of the game makes me want to play Uncharted again already (but I mustn't, I'm almost done with Assassins Creed, and then need to start Mario) but I will be replaying Uncharted many many times! It gives me the feeling of being in a movie more then any game before it. Love the soundtrack too. Well done Naughty Dog... BRAVO!:D

Basch

deepbrown said:
It's this...SONY SUCK AT THE INTERNET.

If they were any good at it, when g********* was usersubmitted they would have employed one guy to submit good review scores. But they suck and have never heard of the word "stats" and so they didn't.

They still have their terrible policy, though. If Sony were good at the Internet, G*********** would not exist. I don't want corporate businesses to mess with all that. I would rather have a stricter policy and user based submissions. Until that happens, all that that will evolve into is another format war battleground. Count me out if that is what it entails. I think the people's reactions are good enough. Of course, having the press on your side would have been nice, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Can we still be friends? :D

Gamer.Tm Review 9/10

"Yes, from the makers of Crash Bandicoot and Jak X: Combat Racing comes… one of the best games of the year? That can’t be right, surely? Believe it, people. Whatever your preconceptions of Naughty Dog may be (we’re standing by the original Jak & Daxter, even if the characters did grow more hateful as the franchise went on), Uncharted is not the product of the developer you once knew. This is a newly mature Naughty Dog, done with flirting with sub-Disney sidekicks and misguided spin-off titles, finally ready to show the world what it can really do. And hot damn, what a show they’ve got in store for you."

If only my uncle was still alive and I had $200 and a pack of smokes I could take care of this problem.

Basch

Littleberu said:
So a cartoony game can't be a GOTY?

I have no idea what that heading was supposed to mean. :lol But if they use it for a headline, it must mean something good. BruceLeeRoy has the better quote, though. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The same Gamer.tm that pretty much trashed R&C? Impressive showing for Uncharted if so. Couldn't agree more with the first paragraph though. This is a new and much improved ND on display here.

steve

Banned
I just went to update the OP's review score average and saw that Meta Critic is banned. lol why?

edit -- nvm i see now, the gamespot fiasco.

Well, regardless, the average has increased to 88%, I'm happy to report. :)

Basch

steve said:
I just went to update the OP's review score average and saw that Meta Critic is banned. lol why?

edit -- nvm i see now, the gamespot fiasco.

Ask deepbrown for a better list. I would prefer his over those sites. :D And while your at it, recalculate the average based on that list. Please.

Raist said:
Paging tanod paging tanod :p

Join Nathan Drake in an adventure to go in search of the legendary treasure of El Dorado.
Or something like that. My spanish is a bit broken :p

Don't worry about it. The quote sounds like it is not quite a highlight of the review. I thought the healine may say something interesting. :D

Raist

Banned
Basch said:
Don't worry about it. The quote sounds like it is not quite a highlight of the review. I thought the healine may say something interesting. :D

Oh. Well, no, it clearly doesn't :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:
Here's your clue...jump through a window. The clever camera will then give you a clue ;)
Ah, I think that probably gave away the location completely. Probably for the better, I'm sure I'd miss it the second time around as I didn't really noticed anything unusual around that area the first time around.

BeeDog

Alright, fell for the impulses and immediately bought the game today. I'm at chapter 3 so far, and it has already been an incredibly fun ride. The characters are so damn believable, and the delivery of the dialogue is spot on.

steve said:
Any word on how well this has been selling? Between this and R&C, Sony has a killer holiday duo.

I expect if they both do well it will be closer to Christmas.

BeeDog said:
Alright, fell for the impulses and immediately bought the game today. I'm at chapter 3 so far, and it has already been an incredibly fun ride. The characters are so damn believable, and the delivery of the dialogue is spot on.

Ahhh Ha!
I knew you could only last so long man.
Have a blast.

Raist

Banned
steve said:
Any word on how well this has been selling? Between this and R&C, Sony has a killer holiday duo.

Ratchet pretty much bombed so far unfortunately :/
Let's just hope it'll take off for xmas, but I have a bad feeling about it.
I don't think we have any numbers or ideas on uncharted's sales so far. It's released tomorrow in europe so we won't get data until monday, I think. And for the US, I don't know, will the NPD publish software sales anymore ?
In Japan, I think it will probably don't sell well.

deepbrown

Basch said:
Hey, deepbrown, where's that nice big list of reviews you have? steve needs to update the OP. :D
TGR: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Review 8.8/10
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Review - DailyGame, 8.8/10
IGN AU Reviews Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 8.9/10
Gameinformer reviews Uncharted:8.75
GamerTM 9/10
Game Vortex 9.8/10
Sydney Morning Herald 9/10
Game Asymlu 10/10
Ripten 9.4/10
PCN 9.5/10
Loot Ninja 9.5/10
Gamezone 9/10
Tripletags 9.5/10
PS3 Informer 9/10
PSU 9/10
Famitsu 9,9,9,9
Projecttides 9/10
Deeko 9/10
GamerTV 10/10
Gamer 2.0 9.2/10
Palgn 9/10
PLAY 10/10
LoadingReality 9.5/10
PS3Advanced 9.3/10
GameRevolution 9/10
CCC 9.6/10
Videogameplayerz 9/10
PS3Fanboy 9.5/10
GamerNode 9/10
PSXExtreme 9/10
Gametrailers 8.9/10
GameDaily 9/10
GamerNL 10/10
YahooGames 9/10
UGO 9/10
Gamespy 9/10
EUROGAMER 9/10
IGN 9.1/10
GamingNexus 9.1/10
Vandal.net 8.9/10

Note though...these are the reviews OVER 8.5 as this was what I was replying to, there are still scores below this to add.

G******* has the average at 8.9 btw.

the actual average is 9.1 including the 8's which aren't in my list.

Basch

deepbrown said:
TGR: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Review 8.8/10
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Review - DailyGame, 8.8/10
IGN AU Reviews Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 8.9/10
Gameinformer reviews Uncharted:8.75
GamerTM 9/10
Game Vortex 9.8/10
Game Asymlu 10/10
Ripten 9.4/10
PCN 9.5/10
Loot Ninja 9.5/10
Gamezone 9/10
Tripletags 9.5/10
PS3 Informer 9/10
PSU 9/10
Famitsu 9,9,9,9
Projecttides 9/10
Deeko 9/10
GamerTV 10/10
Gamer 2.0 9.2/10
Palgn 9/10
PLAY 10/10
LoadingReality 9.5/10
PS3Advanced 9.3/10
GameRevolution 9/10
CCC 9.6/10
Videogameplayerz 9/10
PS3Fanboy 9.5/10
GamerNode 9/10
PSXExtreme 9/10
Gametrailers 8.9/10
GameDaily 9/10
GamerNL 10/10
YahooGames 9/10
UGO 9/10
Gamespy 9/10
EUROGAMER 9/10
IGN 9.1/10
GamingNexus 9.1/10
Vandal.net 8.9/10

Note though...these are the reviews OVER 8.5 as this was what I was replying to, there are still scores below this to add.

G******* has the average at 8.9 btw.

the actual average is 9.1 including the 8's which aren't in my list.

I'll try to link all the reviews and then I will hand it off to steve. But we have got to include the low ones as well, even though I don't want to.

Raist said:
Ratchet pretty much bombed so far unfortunately :/
Let's just hope it'll take off for xmas, but I have a bad feeling about it.
I don't think we have any numbers or ideas on uncharted's sales so far. It's released tomorrow in europe so we won't get data until monday, I think. And for the US, I don't know, will the NPD publish software sales anymore ?
In Japan, I think it will probably don't sell well.

Aww Rachet wasnt doing good... thats a bummer. Hopefully that picks up and Uncharted better damn well sell or else I'll brutal combo all of them!

deepbrown

Basch said:
I'll try to link all the reviews and then I will hand it off to steve. But we have got to include the low ones as well, even though I don't want to.
Well that's fine. Just go on n4g and search "unhcarted" and then there are three pages of reviews....I'm not doing all of that again lol (plus there's some on g*********** that i didnt add)

Elbrain said:
Damn what a freaking crying shame man those foos need to be executed or something.

I thing the combination of the network's terrible ratings and piss poor management will take care of that soon enough. No bullets required.

If this isn't the last hurrah for the G4 gaming awards show, I'll be quite shocked.

Basch

British Gaming Blog 10/10
Digital Spy 10/10
gameplayer 10/10
GameCell UK 10/10
Games Asylum 10/10
GamerNL 10/10
GamerTV 10/10
Gaming Console Network 10/10
PLAY 10/10
Snackbar Games 10/10
Console Monster 9.8/10
Game Chronicles 9.8/10
Game Vortex 9.8/10
Cheat Codes Central 9.6/10
Extreme Gamer 9.5/10
Game Freaks 365 9.5/10
LoadingReality 9.5/10
Loot Ninja 9.5/10
PCN 9.5/10
PS3Fanboy 9.5/10
PS3style 9.5/10
Tripletags 9.5/10
Wonderwall Web 9.5/10
ZT Game Domain 9.5/10
Ripten 9.4/10
PS3Advanced 9.3/10
WorthPlaying 9.3/10
Gamer 2.0 9.2/10
GamingNexus 9.1/10
IGN 9.1/10
Computer and Video Games 9/10
Da GameBoyz 9/10
Deeko 9/10
EUROGAMER 9/10
Famitsu 36/40
Final Boss Brazil 9/10
GameDaily 9/10
GameRevolution 9/10
GamerNode 9/10
GamerTM 9/10
GamesAreFun 9/10
Gamespy 9/10
GameTap 9/10
Gamezone 9/10
Gaming Age 9/10
Just Press Play 9/10
Kikizo 9/10
Lawrence 9/10
Maxi Consolas 9/10
Palgn 9/10
PlayStation Official Magazine UK 9/10
Project Tideas 9/10
PS3 Informer 9/10
PSU 9/10
PSW Magazine UK 9/10
PSXExtreme 9/10
Tech2.com 9/10
Trusted Reviews 9/10
UGO 9/10
YahooGames 9/10
Videogameplayerz 9/10
Atomic Gamer 8.9/10
Gametrailers 8.9/10
IGN AU 8.9/10
PSM3 Magazine 8.9/10
Vandal.net 8.9/10
TGR 8.8/10
DailyGame 8.8/10
Gameinformer 8.75
Electronic Gaming Monthly 8.5/10
GamePro 8.5/10
1UP 8.5/10
TotalPlayStation 8.5/10
IGN UK 8.4/10
Edge Magazine 8/10
GamesRadar 8/10
Banspot 8/10 :D
HonestGamers 8/10
PlayStation: The Official Magazine (US) 8/10
Videogamer 8/10
X-Play 8/10

Phew... I think I got most of them. There are quite a few new ones, I believe, in this updated list as well. All ratings have been converted to a 10 point scale: makes life easier (except Famitsu, because that is what they are normally known for :D ). I will get the average soon. If anybody wants to help update this, feel free. steve, please put this in the OP. In order to do so, quote my post, copy the text in the field (except for this paragraph), and paste in your edit of the OP. Thanks! Enjoy. :D

Basch

deepbrown said:
Want a laugh? WANT A FUCKING LAUGH!?

http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-90468.aspx#C649563

HAHAHA what a bunch of retards.

That is a shame. Maybe they haven't had time to play Uncharted extensively yet because of it releasing very close to the end of the year. It isn't too hard to believe that many have overlooked this game for GOTY awards. Unreal Tournament 3 isn't being mentioned either. But Mass Effect and Rock Band are available for the 360, so they don't count. :D At least Ratchet is getting a few nods.

deepbrown

Firewire said:
And you weren't expecting that deep?
But it's not even in best Action adventure game!?

And what about best music for Heavenly Sword and Lair!?

I'm sorry but the Heavenly Sword soundtrack rips apart anything other game this year or EVER. Seriously...that section in itself pisses me off more than anything else. Threee of the best composed games this year - Lair, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword - aren't even in that list. And still no offence to the others - but Heavenly Sword does rip apart even Uncharted's soundtrack.

Firewire

Banned
antiloop said:
I guess that's how it will be. But Uncharted can match them all anyway in my eyes. :)

Don't be surprised about the nominations, they hate Sony & the Playstation brand. They (X-Play)make snide remarks about it all the time. Sadly the people on G4 forums are all MS fans so it really makes no difference if a PS2 or PS3 game gets nominated.

deepbrown said:
Want a laugh? WANT A FUCKING LAUGH!?

http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-90468.aspx#C649563

HAHAHA what a bunch of retards.

What I don't understand is someone over there put that it does nothing new. Well alot of those games do nothing perticularily new. Uncharted is an amazing narritive driven action/adventure game that has more character then most two games combined. Nathan Drake is one of the best playable characters I've ever come across in gaming history.

Take for example, Assassins Creed, which was a neat idea and has the makings for something really special but man, its so repetative and with a somewhat lackluster narative to keep you going (only picking up at the end) it has problems. It didn't feel very cinematic whatsoever and I feel this game would have been an amazing game had the story, cutscenes, and elements all came together better. Gameplay was fun but there is just something missing and I can't put my finger on it. (love the game as it is though)

My point is, even though Uncharted has minor puzzle solving, and the rest is combat and platforming, I once never felt like the game was repetative whatsoever and I had to continue playing it till I reached the end. There was no if, ands, or buts about it. This game was soooooooooo enjoyable that it easily stands right up there with some of my favorites this years so far, hell favorite games period. (Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, God Of War 2 to name a few recent favs) If I didn't have other games to play at the moment, I would have already started my second playthrough of Uncharted. Fantastic game.

deepbrown

slasher_thrasher21 said:
What I don't understand is someone over there put that it does nothing new. Well alot of those games do nothing perticularily new. Uncharted is an amazing narritive driven action/adventure game that has more character then most two games combined. Nathan Drake is one of the best playable characters I've ever come across in gaming history.

Take for example, Assassins Creed, which was a neat idea and has the makings for something really special but man, its so repetative and with a somewhat lackluster narative to keep you going (only picking up at the end) it has problems. It didn't feel very cinematic whatsoever and I feel this game would have been an amazing game had the story, cutscenes, and elements all came together better. Gameplay was fun but there is just something missing and I can't put my finger on it. (love the game as it is though)

My point is, even though Uncharted has minor puzzle solving, and the rest is combat and platforming, I once never felt like the game was repetative whatsoever and I had to continue playing it till I reached the end. There was no if, ands, or buts about it. This game was soooooooooo enjoyable that it easily stands right up there with some of my favorites this years so far, hell favorite games period. (Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect, God Of War 2 to name a few recent favs) If I didn't have other games to play at the moment, I would have already started my second playthrough of Uncharted. Fantastic game.

:D

THIS MEANS WAR!

the_id

So I lent my PS3 to my friend so he can play Ratchet and Uncharted. Didn't want to borrow his 360 though. I'm worried it might just die on me. Anyway his comment on the game:

"OMG! It's like being in a movie, except you're controlling the character! From the story, to the characters to the music! Even the main menu is like a DVD movie. I even watched the ending credits which is also like a movie!"

He's started a new game straight away. Bastard still doesn't want to get a PS3!

the_id said:
So I lent my PS3 to my friend so he can play Ratchet and Uncharted. Didn't want to borrow his 360 though. I'm worried it might just die on me. Anyway his comment on the game:

"OMG! It's like being in a movie, except you're controlling the character! From the story, to the characters to the music! Even the main menu is like a DVD movie. I even watched the ending credits which is also like a movie!"

He's started a new game straight away. Bastard still doesn't want to get a PS3!

Yes he is a bastard for not wanting to get his own ps3, but he is also correct in everything he said about the game. Its like being in a movie for sure! :D

Top Bottom