• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's testing Grand Mac (1/3 lb of beef) and single-patty Mac Jr. in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2016/04/15/new-grand-mac-and-mac-jr-from-mcdonalds/

I think the Grand Mac may be the same as the Grand Big Mac currently being offered in Japan, though it appears we're not getting the Giga Big Mac version which has 4 of the larger beef patties.

GrubGrade reader, contributor, and professional eater Nathan sent over some pictures of his local McDonald’s in Keller, Texas advertising two new sizes of Big Mac. The Grand Mac is a beefier Big Mac that features 1/3 pound of beef. It’s priced at $4.89.

There’s also a single small patty version of the Big Mac taste with the introduction of the Mac Jr. which is priced at $2.39.

qupNtzz.jpg
vEBRIng.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
mac jr. seems a bit expensive. shouldn't it be priced more in line with the mcdouble?

McDouble is 1.69 here (ugh... used to be $1 about 18 months ago...), the mac mini should be 1.89 or 1.99 at most.

Bubba T

This is actually not a terrible idea and I wonder why this hasn't been implemented years ago. Terrible pricing as always though.

Looks to just be like the McKinley Mac (dunno if they renamed it to Denali Mac) that McDonalds sells in Alaska.

It's just a Big Mac with quarter pound patties.

Hazmat

I just don't understand the Big Mac. I've never eaten a hamburger and thought "You know what this needs? An extra McDonald's bun crammed into the middle."

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Why not just get rid of the big mac and make this grand mac the new big mac?

The patties in the big mac are embarrassing.

Oh and call it little mac not mac jr.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Why would they get rid of the form of their signature sandwich?
Because sometimes change is good. It wouldnt be the first time a franchise has come out with a new and improved meal item. And Its not like the recipe is different, you get more meat. Whats not to love? And if you dont want that much burger... get the mac jr.

And this makes 3 big mac variations. Too much on the menu... just leave it to 2.

1/3 of a pound is the perfect hamburger weight, imo. Better when it's all in one patty.

I mean, it's McDonalds, so it'll still be shit, but at least they're moving in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom