• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

Coppanuva

Let's give him a big hand, everybody!

I am a neutral, 3 shot serial killer. I'm NK immune (like Blarg didn't realize he was in Cthulu) and I win if I take down one scum and one town.
I am Blargonaut the Anarchist

So, final offer. You give me targets, and people die. If I do anything else, kill me, cause town is the only way that's happening.

Oh, and I still don't know why mafia didn't kill last night.

Did you try to shoot last night?

roytheone

Let's give him a big hand, everybody!

I am a neutral, 3 shot serial killer. I'm NK immune (like Blarg didn't realize he was in Cthulu) and I win if I take down one scum and one town.
I am Blargonaut the Anarchist

So, final offer. You give me targets, and people die. If I do anything else, kill me, cause town is the only way that's happening.

Oh, and I still don't know why mafia didn't kill last night.

Isn't that pretty easy to explain? Scum targeted you. As far as I know, a roleblocker will not make NK immune people suddenly vulnarable, right?

RetroMG

Yes. Ouro blocked me. I tried to hit Terra. (Nothing personal, Terra. I figured no one would tie me to you.)

Oh, and the kill isn't immediate. I send the command at night and it happens during a random point of the day. (I was really looking forward to the confusion when THAT happened.) So there's RNG, if you're looking for it. Anyway, we would have woken up to no kills regardless.

I suppose that the mafia could have targeted me last night.

So who killed Sorian then? Mystery status: solved [ ] unsolved [x]

So uh... Shall I go ahead and put the final nail in the coffin for our friend Retro? I think your discussion is finished.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's been a blast. See ya in Taco Valley.

I didn't win, but I know I made some people laugh. To me, that's victory.

Righty-o! You were pretty entertaining, regardless.

All right, so now we should figure out what to do tonight. If we have a doctor left...use discretion. If there is a cop, I suggest Royal_Flush.

Then there's still the matter of how the night kill missed. I assume if you were a commuter or BP, you're probably hosed tonight unless they go for me.

hopefully I'm still here in the morning...I suppose I have to guess right :/

RetroMG

Hey Launchpad, can we hit a Five Guys on the way to Taco Valley? This may surprise you, (since I'm about an hour from the Mexican border,) but I don't actually like Tacos that much.

Coppanuva

Hey Launchpad, can we hit a Five Guys on the way to Taco Valley? This may surprise you, (since I'm about an hour from the Mexican border,) but I don't actually like Tacos that much.

...Heathen. Well, I'm glad we got this non-believer out of our midst early then.

RetroMG

One more thing, town: I was never bulletproof. No clue what happened to the mafia last night, but I doubt it will happen again.

Good luck.

roytheone

Well, that is it then. Retro, at least you went out in a memorable fashion!

VOTE: RetroMG

Good luck during the night everyone! (except scum of course)

kitty.gif

Welcome to Hell, Retro, darling. I'll try my best to ensure that you enjoy your stay.

Day 2 Ends

As the pressure mounted upon the player claiming to be RetroMG, it did not take long for the player to crack. Suddenly, there were puzzles abound and erratic behavior. At some point, he even put on some sort of puppet show. As the players stared on in awe, it became obvious who this masked person was - it was none other than Blargonaut.

He pleaded with the people to spare him, with roleclaim after roleclaim. Yet, it was inevitable; Blargonaut would be leaving the restaurant, due to no one's fault but his own.

Launchpad stood up to remove Blargonaut's paper bag, but it was too late. Blargonaut's antics had drawn the attention of the owners of the establishment, a nice Russian family with a tall muscular son trying to support the family business.

"You. You will leave. Now," the Russian man said to Blargonaut. He picked up Blargonaut by the back of his shirt with one hand and carried the player to the door of the shop, where he opened it and tossed him out.

All the players just looked at each other, hoping to not invite the ire of the large Russian man.

"Hey Launchpad, why did you choose like the one taco place run by Russians?"

"IDK, Russians and mafia, seemed fitting. Now, go the fuck to sleep."

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are Blargonaut, the Anarchist!

You are aligned with yourself. You win when you use your ability to kill exactly 1 Town player and 1 Scum player. If you are unable to meet this condition, you win by surviving until the end of the game.

Are you really surprised that Blarg is the neutral role? Do I have to explain it? I didn’t think so.

Once per night phase, up to 3 times total in the game, you can send me the command SET US UP THE BOMB: <player name>. By doing this, you will plant a laxative on the target player’s tacos, but not on anyone who visits the player. During the following day phase, that player will have to go to the bathroom really badly and have to leave the game. This will happen at a random unspecified time during the day.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Night Phase 2 ends in
t1443628800z4.png

Day 3 Begins
”Eyes open,” Launchpad announced. Everyone opened their eyes and stared down at their plates through the holes in their bags. Each player raised a taco from their plates and took bites out of them. For a few seconds, nothing happened.

However, suddenly, one of the players started making weird noises. The entire table turned to him, as he grabbed his throat. “Yo, you alright…?”

Suddenly, the player ripped his mask off, showing that he was none other than Ourosbolololol. He stood off and dashed off so quickly that nobody saw where he had gone.

Ourobolus has been removed from the table.

Launchpad turned to the table sternly. “So that’s how it is, huh?,” he spoke to the scum among them. “Hot sauce?” He grabbed O-rob’s plate and brought it closer. He picked up one of the tacos that remained untouched, taking a bite of it. His face turned red for a moment, then it slowly began to return to normal.

“Yeah, that shit won’t work on me, at least. You’ll have to step up, senpai.”

“Anyway, let’s get this shit rolling.”

tumblr_l8tfgorXKb1qbvonko1_500.png

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are Sorian, the Roleblock!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You really like posting a lot. I mean, like, sometimes you just like to stand near someone and yell at the sky for a while, and they can’t really do anything about it.

Once per night phase, you can visit a player and roleblock them by sending me the command BLOCK: <player name>. This will stop the targeted player from performing a night action if they have one. However, it will not protect the player or yourself because you brought your taco plate with you. If that player is targeted for a “kill”, you will be removed from the table as well.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in current day phase
t1443715200z4.png

Swamped

Banned
Not unexpected but surprisingly gives us a lot to think about. There are several points I'd like to bring up tonight (provided others don't before I can lol XD). Also want to address some players directly.

Coppanuva

Day 3 Begins
Time remaining in current day phase
t1443715200z4.png

Did we speed up the day phases to be 24 hours instead of 48? Or is this just a mistake Launchpad?

Also, not really surprised Ourobolus is gone but still a shame. I really wonder what his attempted way to survive he kept mentioning was. I doubt it helps much though. I'm going to think up who I think we should question today, I want at least 2, preferably 3, good lynch candidates by end of this day phase brought up.

Can't say I'm surprised by this. Farewell, Ouro. You saved us from extra night kills. Be in peace.

VOTE: Royal_Flush

The events of the past day have done nothing to change my feelings on Flush. If anyone has an alternate case I'll hear it, but you all know where I'm at.

RIP Ouro. Retro may not have been scum, but you still likely saved some town tacos, so thanks. Based on the wording of Retro's role, I take it we can assume he's the only neutral role in the game (which probably makes sense considering the lower player count)?

Welp, that went as expected...

I'm going out for Dinner now, will write something about the last day up as soon as I'm back.

PS: Coppa, I appreciate you not tunneling on me :) (considering your principle vote yesterday)

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Ouro, no! As others have said, with Ouro himself being so sure he was going to die, this wasn't as surprising as it could've been.

On a different note, I was looking over the voting record in consideration of who we should look at and I realized I never posted a vote yesterday. That's a really anti-town thing to do so I apologize, and going to take steps to not repeat that today.

roytheone

Outed PR's tend to never survive long unless they are scum aligned, so this isn't a big surprise.

Did we speed up the day phases to be 24 hours instead of 48? Or is this just a mistake Launchpad?

Also, not really surprised Ourobolus is gone but still a shame. I really wonder what his attempted way to survive he kept mentioning was. I doubt it helps much though. I'm going to think up who I think we should question today, I want at least 2, preferably 3, good lynch candidates by end of this day phase brought up.

What I think he meant with this was that he knew he was going to be targeted, so maybe he wanted to make sure that if we have another no kill night, it was because he blocked the killer, and not because he got protected. That could have lead us to lynching another "innocent" (yeah, Retro wasn't really innocent, but he was NOT the scum killer).

Coppanuva

PS: Coppa, I appreciate you not tunneling on me :) (considering your principle vote yesterday)

Of course, doesn't help us to only zero in on the same people immediately. I'd just like to have more options going into future days and fully consider them before we go all in on someone. Doesn't mean you're cleared, I just want multiple options before next day phase.

Sawneeks

Banned
RIP Oreos. :(

Also, seeing as we had no random day removal the yesterday, I do have an idea as to why that is. Blarg!Retro had to preform his Night action in order to randomly remove someone during the Day so it could not have been him that caused Day 1. This might mean that the Mafia can just remove someone during the Day instead of at Night by giving up their Night kill, perhaps only once per game? It's the only other explanation I can think of for a No Kill Night 1 and why Sorian was removed.

Of course, doesn't help us to only zero in on the same people immediately. I'd just like to have more options going into future days and fully consider them before we go all in on someone. Doesn't mean you're cleared, I just want multiple options before next day phase.

Well, why don't you start us off then? Instead of just asking everybody else for targets you could also share your own.

Also, seeing as we had no random day removal the yesterday, I do have an idea as to why that is. Blarg!Retro had to preform his Night action in order to randomly remove someone during the Day so it could not have been him that caused Day 1. This might mean that the Mafia can just remove someone during the Day instead of at Night by giving up their Night kill, perhaps only once per game? It's the only other explanation I can think of for a No Kill Night 1 and why Sorian was removed.

I played with this idea and it makes sense. It just seems a bit OP for scum to be able to take out two of us in a single "day," especially when one of those kills happens away from prying Town eyes.

roytheone

RIP Oreos. :(

Well, why don't you start us off then? Instead of just asking everybody else for targets you could also share your own.

I think a discussion about what caused a no-kill night 1 will bring us very little.There are so many possibilities and it will just be us speculation about potential PR's with no facts to support any theory. I think continuing this discussion, unless there are some new developments, will help scum figure out things more than it will help us. I am in favor of tabling the "what caused the no kill night 1" discussion for now.

Top Bottom