• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

I'm town aligned. I don't see the use of a scum doctor.

Yeah, Retro's kills would have taken effect during the day phase, so unless the doctor could protect somebody during the day or there were another non-scum role with NK abilities (not sure how likely this is), a scum doctor probably wouldn't make much sense.

Sorian

Banned
I know that Launch didn't update the timer thingy so just a friendly reminder, there is 28 minutes left as of the time of this post.

Coppanuva

Unofficial:
vote: royal_flush

I still wanna hold out to the end of day to end, in case anyone has any last minute reactions to post to RF's reads, but I'm all for lynching him at this point.

Well then... That honestly worked out better than expected. Nice to see that some of you actually bought my claim. I think without GC I may have been able to turn this around. Well...

Vote: Royal_Flush

sxhbdoa.png

Remember everyone, I did it for you.

Day 3 Ends
The players came into Day 3 with a solid idea of who they wanted gone already - Royal_Flush. It was only a matter of finally bring the vote down on him. Squirming with whatever he could muster, he threw out explanation after explanation, but it was too obvious at this point. Launchpad yanked off Royal’s mask to reveal the player underneath - Fireblend!

“But come on guys, I just wanted to be one of the cool mafia. Please, let me stay. I’ll play for town from now on!,” Fireblend pleaded with the group in the squeaky voice you expect him to have based on his avatar.

But there was no pleading with this group - they wanted him gone. However, he wouldn’t budge. The group finally stood up and picked up Fireblend, and his food, then started carrying him out towards the door.

“Let me go! I’ll do you guys like I did Sorian! NOOO PLEASE”

The group chucked him outside, where Fireblend looked back at them holding back tears. “You’ll regret this!,” he shouted as he stormed off.

“Jeez, you guys are like an angry mob,” Launchpad commented, as he instructed everyone close their eyes for the night.

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are Fireblend, the Sniper!

You are aligned with GAF Scum. You win when scum holds a majority of the votes.

How the hell do you always get chosen as mafia? Oh, remember that time you were a minion in ONUW? Screw you, minion. You’re still a minion now.

Once per game, during the day phase, you can send me the command SNIPE: <player name>. You’ll call your friend who was hanging around and owes you a favor, and tell them to steal the target player’s moped (because everyone in GAFia owns a moped). They’ll have to go deal with that and won’t be able to continue playing. You cannot perform night kills. Your mafia partners do not know who you are and you do not have the means to contact them during the game.

Your partners are: [redacted]

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in night phase
t1443888000z4.png

Sorian

Banned
i'll come visit you in jail..... for like the first month or so then i'll slowly stop showing up.

It's ok, I'm in hiding in the hole in the vacant lot out back of the ralphs. Please do not come visit, I'm shooting first and asking questions later.

Day 4 Begins
Everyone opened their eyes to begin the new day, but from the fidgeting of one of the players, it was obvious that this day was going to be a bit different.

&#8220;Alright guys, I have to use the bathroom. Sit tight.&#8221; Launchpad stood up and went to the bathroom. As he came back, he heard loud yelling that he presumed could only be coming from the players of the game, though he could not tell the voices apart.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve had enough of your shit already!,&#8221; one player yelled. &#8220;Hey dude, why don&#8217;t you sit down and take it easy?&#8221;

&#8220;OH YOU&#8217;RE GONNA STAND UP FOR HIM, WELL FUCK YOU,&#8221; which was followed by a loud crash. When Launchpad turned the corner and was in sight of the table, he saw a plate of tacos on the floor. Everyone had been seated by this point, but one of the players just stood up and stormed out. Launchpad did not know who this person was.

As Launchpad took his seat at the table again, he looked around suspiciously. &#8220;what the fuck just happened?&#8221;

No one responded. They all reached down and took bites out of their tacos, but one individual at the table became increasingly stiff immediately after doing so. Suddenly he seemed to be choking then quickly dashed to the counter and leapt over it, presumably looking for something to drink.

&#8220;Who was&#8230; I don&#8217;t&#8230;&#8221;

&#8220;One was Coppa and the other was Rats.&#8221;

&#8220;Oh ok. Alright, that settles that then.&#8221;

Rats Off To Ya and Coppanuva have been removed from the table.

Rats Off To Ya said:

You are Tucah, the Doctor!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You are already dead.

Three times per game, but only once per night, you can use the command SAVE: <player name>. Luckily, you came prepared for this outing and brought some whole milk with you; unfortunately, you didn&#8217;t bring that much, so you only have enough for 3 people. Your target will be rescued from being removed if your action succeeds. You can target yourself with this ability, as well.

Coppanuva said:

You are squidyj, the Vigilante!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You&#8217;re hot out the fucking gate and you&#8217;re ready to take matters into your own hands.

Once per game during the night phase, you can remove a player from the table by sending the command KILL: <player name>. You&#8217;ll pick up that person&#8217;s taco plate and throw it on the ground. However, not only will this remove the target, it will remove any other roles visiting the target during the night phase, because they must be guilty for associating with your SickRead&#8482; player.

Time remaining in day phase
t1444060800z4.png

Anyone with any particular questions about Royal_Flush's PM, please ask and I'll answer what I think should be common knowledge.

Someone PMed me already asking if he could be flipped/brought into the fold, and no, there was no information about that in his PM. If there was such an ability, it would be the subject of another mafia PM.

roytheone

Well, this sucks. yeah, it looks like coppa targeted rats for....some reason? And he himself got night killed. That does solve the misery of N1, Rats protected the NK target. However, that does raise the question: why not protect Ourob N2?

roytheone

Any hints at who he protected N1?

I'm wondering if a switch was involved, Rats seems an odd target, also GC is still alive

I am getting that feeling, yeah. The only other reason for him to target rats is if he didn't knew who was mafia, but was convinced Rats would be NK. So he targeted Rats in the hope that he would also hit the scum trying to NK Rats.

roytheone

Rats reaction to Ourob his question about who scum would target N1:

It's hard to say without knowing what they wanted to accomplish. They could have gone after you or roy to cut us off at the knees, or somebody nobody's been talking about to give us nothing the next day.

So he probably protected me or Ourob. That doesn't really help us :(

*Splinter

Do we have any other strong candidates regardless of how the flip here turns out? If so... I might be able to help GC, assuming his cop claim seems to check out.
Ok found this, maybe you have the right idea Roy, he targeted GC to try and catch the scum in action, but someone else switched GC and Rats? NK'ing our cop is one hell of an #unecessarygambit though...

roytheone

Also possible N3 happenings:

Coppa targeted the person that Rats protected. Judging from the role PM's, the target would be saved, but Rats himself would have been killed. Maybe Rats tried to save GC, coppa targeted GC because he thought GC would be NK for sure and thus it would also kill the killing scum. But instead the scum killed coppa.

*Splinter

Also possible N3 happenings:

Coppa targeted the person that Rats protected. Judging from the role PM's, the target would be saved, but Rats himself would have been killed. Maybe Rats tried to save GC, coppa targeted GC because he thought GC would be NK for sure and thus it would also kill the killing scum. But instead the scum killed coppa.
I'm not sure if Rats (whole milk) protects from the vig (floor taco), but maybe I'm taking flavour to literally... Launch?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I'm not sure if Rats (whole milk) protects from the vig (floor taco), but maybe I'm taking flavour to literally... Launch?
Not launch, but that kind of thinking is looking too much into flavor. If the doc couldn't protect against a specific player, the role PM would say as much, otherwise you would be a bad game runner.

*Splinter

Not launch, but that kind of thinking is looking too much into flavor. If the doc couldn't protect against a specific player, the role PM would say as much, otherwise you would be a bad game runner.
"Your target will be rescued from being removed if your action succeeds."

I don't know, the ambiguity is there, although it's more likely talking about the role blocker. I wouldn't expect his PM to list other roles that are in the game though... You are probably right, just wondered if it's something Launch would clarify

roytheone

Two more things:

-Do we think Royal role was instead of a scum, or in addition to the scum? I am thinking the latter, and that would mean we were up against 4 scums, so I would expect us to have a bit more PR than is normally the case to balance this out.

-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GC, PLEASE TELL ME YOU INVESTIGATED SQUIDYJ THIS TIME.

roytheone

Wait what, Royal is scum isn't he?

He was a handicapped scum. He couldn't night kill, he didn't have access to the scum chat and I think the scum themselves didn't knew about his existence. However, he still could vote and knew who his scum partners were. So while he wasn't a full fledged scum, he was a lot more powerful than bananaprincess her role in election.

Two of the biggest carries in this game for Town just died what a TWIST. I was really sure I was gonna die myself, but here I am. Anyway, with how this game has been playing out, I really feel bad for the SCUM players, they've lost two already and it will feel like such a hollow victory if I outright tell you who you should kill next is, so I think you should all figure it out for yourselves. There's... How many of us left now 10? I'd assume 2 SCUM & 8 TOWN remain and 1 against 7 just won't be as thrilling.

So, yeah... I choose to sit on the answer, after you all come to a final decision I'll probably let you know if you've made the right decision or not though.

roytheone

Two of the biggest carries in this game for Town just died what a TWIST. I was really sure I was gonna die myself, but here I am. Anyway, with how this game has been playing out, I really feel bad for the SCUM players, they've lost two already and it will feel like such a hollow victory if I outright tell you who you should kill next is, so I think you should all figure it out for yourselves. There's... How many of us left now 10? I'd assume 2 SCUM & 8 TOWN remain and 1 against 7 just won't be as thrilling.

So, yeah... I choose to sit on the answer, after you all come to a final decision I'll probably let you know if you've made the right decision or not though.

No, there are 9 of us left. And judging from this post you hit another scum and not a townie?

Wait... Weren't you the likely target for NK?

I'm wondering why they went after Coppa now....

Top Bottom