• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2888qw5.jpg

Special thanks to scotcheggz for the help with the OP art!

It is finally here! The next generation of TEKKEN was first unveiled at E3 in 2005 in the form of sexy teaser video that left fans wanting MORE! Now almost 4 years later, the next iteration of TEKKEN 6 is finally realized with the much anticipated console release on October 27th/29th, 2009.

Get ready for the next battle. This is YOUR fight!

Special thanks to Tekken Zaibatsu for some of the images used in this post.

wikipedia said:
Tekken 6 (鉄拳6) is the latest installment of Namco Bandai's Tekken series, which was released in Japanese arcades on November 26, 2007. It is the first game to be released on the PlayStation 3-based System 357 arcade board. An updated version was released in the arcades in 2008 named Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion. It featured new stages and characters. The game was planned for a 2008 release, however, at the Tokyo Game Show in 2008, the title was announced controversially for the Xbox 360, thus delaying the game until 2009. The Tekken series had previously been exclusive to the PlayStation brand. Console versions based on Bloodline Rebellion will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Portable in October 2009. The PlayStation Portable version will feature additional content to its console counterparts. On October 9th 2009, it was announced that Tekken 6 had gone gold.

... and now we're here.

30ml7x2.png

4033498283_ea9b1fe9e3_o.jpg

2cqbsqr.png

TEKKEN 6 shares a cast of 40 unique characters! Past favorites and new faces adorn the character select screen in what many say is the most balanced TEKKEN game to date!

4034251764_f3ca5c3162_o.jpg

Just as with TEKKEN 5, this latest iteration borrowed designs from famous comic/manga artists for console exclusive character costumes! If you've been keeping up with TEKKEN 6 news over the course of the year, you are probably familiar with a few of these designs, if you haven't seen em' yet, here they are!

4034251810_52c7259f2c_o.jpg

9aa71c.png

TEKKEN 6 PREORDER BONUSES AND BUNDLE INFO

North America Only

Click above image for larger version.

• Wal-Mart
    Lars Laser Cell
  • GameStop / EB Games
    TEKKEN 6 Calender, Cardboard Tube Samurai DLC
  • GameCrazy
    Kazuya Laser Cell, Devil Jin Chain & Pendant, Jin Metal Card
  • Amazon
    Cardboard Tube Samurai DLC
  • Best Buy (In Store Only)
    Kazuya Laser Cell, Paul’s Color Tattoo Arm Sleeve
  • Play N Trade
    TEKKEN 6 Poster, Paul’s Tattoo Arm Sleeve
  • Frys
    TEKKEN 6 Poster, Paul’s Tattoo Arm Sleeve
  • Future Shop
    Heihachi & Nina Metal Cards

Click above for larger version.

Click above for larger version.

Europe Only

xng744.png

- NeoGAF - Tekken 6 BR Online Gamertags(PSN/XBL)

- Original NeoGAF TEKKEN 6 Thread: Fap Without Fear Leo Is A Girl!
- TEKKEN.COM
- SDTEKKEN
- TEKKEN ZAIBATSU
- I AM TEKKEN
- I PLAY WINNER
- TEKKEN NATION
- SHORYUKEN

- NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

GET HYPE!

---

I'm really busy with work/planning for TEKKEN 6 launch, so I apologize that this thread does not have all the bells and whistles to do this fine game justice. If anyone would like to help contribute with images/info, please feel free to do so and I will edit this initial post.

KRS7

This game has been so long coming. I hope it is worth the wait. I never played this arcade version. But loved some of the previous games. Did anyone see the trailer on Southpark?

Nelo Ice

Banned
havent played a tekken since t3 but i loved that and this looks like a ton of fun...especially since im getting it ridiculously cheap at launch :D :lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
KRS7 said:
This game has been so long coming. I hope it is worth the wait. I never played this arcade version. But loved some of the previous games. Did anyone see the trailer on Southpark?

I have been out of the Tekken scene since T3 way back. I've been playing the shit out of T5DRO in preperation for this. Going to be so awesome.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
For the TEKKEN 6 curious and fans of the series... Please have a listen!

SDT Podcast Show No. 1!

October 15, 2009

Hi everyone! If you’ve been following our site lately, you’ll know that we’ve been working on a special podcast to highlight the console release of TEKKEN 6! The wait is over and we now present you with an hours worth of shits and giggles as we go over a number of topics!
SDTEKKEN’s first podcast show! Tune in as we chat about the console versions of TEKKEN 6 and talk about the Tekken community as a whole. We also cover other fighting game news, arcade sticks, and what to do if you’re new to TEKKEN or interested in improving your game. Special Guest, Harry Chang from AKSYS Games (BlazBlue).
Length – 1:00:42. (Warning: Language may be inappropriate for minors.)

Credits – Mark Julio, Ace Roa, Harry Chang, Nathan Aguilera, Gerald Orofino, Neil Aguilera, Faye Mata & SDT

SDT Podcast Show No. 1!
^ Click here to listen!

SD TEKKEN Podcast Show #1 (55.5MB) < Download!

Subscribe on iTunes (To Be Added Later)
Special thanks to Namco Bandai Games and everyone who submitted questions via our Twitter & TZ Thread!

Next episode will be soon! Please note that this first episode is scripted to cater towards people who aren’t too familiar with the TEKKEN series. For future podcasts (once the game is out) we will turn it up and get more technical with gameplay and strategy! Enjoy!

---

Also! Want to win an arcade stick AND TEKKEN 6!?

Enter our contest! Just a few days left!

CONTEST: SDTEKKEN And Play-Asia Celebrate TEKKEN 6!

October 19, 2009

TEKKEN 6 is here! You know it, we know it, the whole world knows it! We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than to team up with Play-Asia once again to offer fans all across the WORLD a chance to win one of three awesome TEKKEN 6 prize packages! Click below for the full details and rules!

Read the rest of this entry »

KiNeSiS

Banned
I want a word on the quality of these sticks.
If the verdict is good i'll save for it.
I have every signifigant ps3 & ps2 fighting game it's about time I got a stick....

Really would have loved a SFIV stick....

kiryogi

Banned
Think markman himself said they sucked but he still promotes it :lol D: Hell I'm getting it and really have no clue what I'd do with it. Totally playing with my TE. I think I just want the big pretty box and artbook. That said, anyone know the full list of who the guest artists are and whose outfits they did?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
So, how is online play? Or, has Namco still got an embargo on it? God, if this pulls a KOF12 as far as online performance there will be rage alright.

Shady that we have next to zero information on the performance of the netcode from reviews or previews.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I know a lot of people, myself included, who were huge Tekken fans back in the day but got burned out with the past couple installments - yet we're all returning for this one. I got my copy all paid off, will be there day one, etc. Hyped as fuck.

Now if only we could get some word on that netcode.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
rikichi said:
Sweet Shit MM.

Bought the LE Edition with the Stick.

Just waiting for the OST to be released...

Do we know when the OST is coming? I know there is a mini album floating around, but I need dem tunes. Tekken's got some sweet music.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
A brake down of the new gameplay and system changes in the OP for people yet to play the game would be good.

I wish I could import my arcade character. Put it on the to do list Namco for T7. ;)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's hard to believe it's been almost two years since the (vanilla) Tekken 6 arcade release!

Cannot wait for this. So much so that I may even drive out to the one Best Buy in the area that's doing a midnight launch. Doubt it, but it's tempting! :lol

I was never that much into Tekken, but with 6, I'm planning on getting into it hardcore. It should end up having a huge online community with plenty of people to play against, and lots of stuff to learn and have fun with.

Looking forward to playing with everyone here...don't kick my ass too hard!

hamchan

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I know a lot of people, myself included, who were huge Tekken fans back in the day but got burned out with the past couple installments - yet we're all returning for this one. I got my copy all paid off, will be there day one, etc. Hyped as fuck.

Now if only we could get some word on that netcode.

I loved T3, loved TTT, hated T4 and loved T5:D

I already know I love the fighting mechanics in T6 so I'm hoping for some awesome extras for the consoles.
I already know i'm gonna be buying two versions (PSP and 360) of this game.

Questions:
1-is there a list of which manga/anime artists worked on each costume?
2-is that ALL the special costumes in that pic in the OP?
3-whats with this Shinten thing?
4-are Kuma/Panda and Christie/Eddie still character swaps or are they unique finally?
5-does each character have a unique cg ending? do I have to play in the campaign brawler thing or can I get them in arcade?

I want CTS, does anyone know if you have to get the code upon pick up of the game, or if you can just get it when you put the $5 down.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Masamuna

Excellent OP Markman. If the netcode is competent enough I wanna play you something fierce!

I'll be playing more offline this time around, but if anyone on the EC wants feel the brute shenanigans of my Feng/Leo/Asuka/Lee then hit me up on PSN!

EDIT- any confirmation that the PS3 version will offer customization data for flash drives ala DR?

Xevren

Very excited to get back into Tekken, it's been too long. Finding time with all the good games out lately will be difficult though...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oh yea is someone going to make a thread in the online/matchup forum?

If so I will link it in the OP.

Top Bottom