• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

What's the TZ crowd like? I'm about to sign up on their forums. Can't wait to be the 09'er that destroys all the loud mouthed pre-09'ers like I did on SRK :lol

BTW I'm calling it now, JOP wins T6BR at EVO next year! You heard it here first!

rvy

Banned
Misterinenja said:
Play safe and get one of those SFIV sticks.
Don't really like them. The only reason I am interested in the Arcade stick version of Tekken 6 is because it's a HORI stick.

CcrooK said:
It's a good deal with that package. I'd pick it up since it is your first stick.
Thanks. I'm not expecting an amazing stick, just something to get used to.

MrPliskin

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
What's the TZ crowd like? I'm about to sign up on their forums. Can't wait to be the 09'er that destroys all the loud mouthed pre-09'ers like I did on SRK :lol

BTW I'm calling it now, JOP wins T6BR at EVO next year! You heard it here first!

The TZ crowd is good and bad. If you lurk in the Character forums, and browse around the matchfinder area's, you'll be fine. Avoid the CCC by any means necessary. Seriously.

Skilletor

Shikashi said:
I thought Sanwa only made parts? Oh, well...

It's confusing that you would prefer stock hori parts over sanwa, but I suppose I've seen stranger things.

edit: oh, it's your first stick. Yeah, hori is fine if you don't want to spend the dollars. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CcrooK said:
Hori is the imitation of Sanwa. Go for the real deal and swap out the Hori buttons for Sanwa!
Real
poor
men use:
dualshock3.jpg

V_Arnold

Okay, let us presume it is not sanwa. Then what will be the problem? If it 'wears off' after like...500-1000 hours, it is not THAT big of a problem. Reason: my first 360 controller is a joke, considering its almost dead analogue part, and my currently used wired controller is already starting to show its age. So instead of buying a new controller, I buy the bundle. It is not cheap, but it is basically a new controller for both Tekken 6 and SFIV, and It should hold out even for the SSFIV.

Or do they react worse, or has tendencies to break, or something?

Skilletor

V_Arnold said:
Okay, let us presume it is not sanwa. Then what will be the problem? If it 'wears off' after like...500-1000 hours, it is not THAT big of a problem. Reason: my first 360 controller is a joke, considering its almost dead analogue part, and my currently used wired controller is already starting to show its age. So instead of buying a new controller, I buy the bundle. It is not cheap, but it is basically a new controller for both Tekken 6 and SFIV, and It should hold out even for the SSFIV.

Or do they react worse, or has tendencies to break, or something?

In my experience, stock hori parts are less responsive and more prone to button failure. They're decent sticks, though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm going to pick up the X360 version day one, but I'm waiting until this comes out...

804114b.jpg

... before breaking the shrinkwrap.

In the meantime, I'll get started on my Forza Motorsport 3 career, since that comes out the same day.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
distantmantra said:
Toys n Joys (in Hawaii) sent out an email saying they'd have this in stock today (Thursday October 22nd).

But since they're in Hawaii, you wouldn't get it from them until next week, right?

Beardz

Skilletor said:
No need for button binding on a stick...

Obviously, but I have been playing tekken since forever (1) with the DS, actually, I learned almost all combos, grabs (king), and shit with the DS. Playing with a stick it's weird for me.

Chairhome

LiK said:
FYI Marky, i don't see the preorder bonus available from Amazon. i guess it's gone?
I still see it. Crap. I see the price went up $3. I think I'll pre-order now to lock the price in... don't forget to use 5TEKKEN6 to get the $5 off from Amazon.

Is there any other way to get the CTS DLC? I guess they'll offer it for purchase at some point? I was thinking about getting this at the Best Buy sale, but I might just end up getting it from Amazon since it'll be cheaper and have the DLC.

vexvegaz

hey nyc-gaf-tekkenites ,

just got off the phone with that game store in chinatown who happens to have tekken 6 for both platform.

;)

Filldough

Fersis said:
Real
poor
men use:
dualshock3.jpg

hahaha

I'm in the same boat, but I'm ok with that considering I learned to play all the Tekken Games with the DS. Maybe if I hadn't bought three versions of Tekken 5 (PS2, PSP and PS3) I'd have money to spend on a stick ha!

just wondering, but is amazon w/ prime the best deal for this so far? I have a gamestop pre-order, but if the amazon one means sooner and cheaper, then I'll order when I get paid friday.

Top Bottom