• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
dragonflys545 said:
No problem, not that it matters at the moment. I need to start practicing :D

Same, I wanted to play online bad. Going to pick it up tonight and see what the hell Lars is all about :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dragonflys545 said:
PS3 version ? Could you check if it has custom soundtrack support ?

Bob White

Where are you guys picking it up? Anywhere on the West Coast? Any place in Socal?

Sorry that I'm out of the loop. Been super busy working all week.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dragonflys545 said:
It has custom soundtrack support.
YES!
Markman podcast + practice mode == Awesomeness

LowParry

Ken Masters said:
so has netcode been properly tested?

MM might know something on that actually. Hopefully it'll be talked about extensively on his podcast.

And the custom soundtracks. So nice.

With the impressions I've read around the web- it'll be the first fighting game I'll buy since Tekken 2 :D

Passing on the arcade sticks though- too much for my blood. Sorry Mark :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ThatCrazyGuy said:
It weird online is a day one patch. That means it wasn't ready to go when it went through Sony. Just weird.

...Or they're purposely holding it back for the official release day.

LowParry

Lyte Edge said:
...Or they're purposely holding it back for the official release day.

That's probably the case. Strange that they wouldn't street date the game for this kind of purpose. Ah well.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
dragonflys545 said:
102220091325.jpg

Couldn't wait until the Best buy B2G1 free. :D

Looks like a 'shop to me

*curls up in fetal position and mumbles softly*

...it must be a shop...6 more days...6 more days...

kdash7

dragonflys545 said:

Awesome bro!!! So tell us what the whole Motion Blur stuff is about!! I mean how does look with or without it?? How much different is it from Tekken 5 graphically? Please provide ur overall opinion about the game!

I am still in a dilemma whether to buy the 360 or the PS3 version.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
That's probably the case. Strange that they wouldn't street date the game for this kind of purpose. Ah well.

Street dates don't work for fighters that well.

SC4 street date was widely ignored.

As long as online is workable...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
LiK said:
i watched the GB quick look, that sheep stage is fucking AWESOME.

The music in that stage is fucking awesome. I turned into smilin' Bob when I heard it the first time, minus the boner.

LiK

LeMaximilian said:
The music in that stage is fucking awesome. I turned into smilin' Bob when I heard it the first time, minus the boner.

yea, loved the music too. can't wait to hear it in 5.1 glory :lol

BeeDog

Starting to get curious about this game, feel like I'm needing a fighting game for my PS3. Is it fully confirmed that the PS3 port is a gimped sub-HD mess? If so, I'm staying the fuck away. :p

LowParry

BeeDog said:
Starting to get curious about this game, feel like I'm needing a fighting game for my PS3. Is it fully confirmed that the PS3 port is a gimped sub-HD mess? If so, I'm staying the fuck away. :p

Like the arcade? Sure.

Hate Tekken.

But I pre-ordered the Limited Edition just to get a hold of the Wireless Stick.

May trade the game in. I'll have to see. I've got Tekken Tag on PS2. Is this better than that? I didn't mind Tekken Tag all that much, and it has Tekken Bowl which is the only real reason I bought Tag.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
BeeDog said:

The arcade version was essentially build on modified PS3 hardware. ALL versions are 'gimped sub-HD' messes but there is enough AA and motion blur that you won't notice at all. Come, join us.

The underboob compels you.

WTF at the jaggies? Haven't played a match yet because I'm installing to the HDD (which is optional) but I'm looking at some of the demo fights and there are jaggies galore.

BeeDog

luka said:
The arcade version was essentially build on modified PS3 hardware. ALL versions are 'gimped sub-HD' messes but there is enough AA and motion blur that you won't notice at all. Come, join us.

The underboob compels you.

All? I vaguely recall that the 360 version was the best, or...?

scotcheggz

BeeDog said:

During markmans podcast he said the differences between 360/PS3 were that the 360 loads fractionally faster. 360 version without motion blur runs at slightly higher res whilst the ps3 version without motion blur has extra AA. No gimpy ports.

At least that is my understanding so far.

LowParry

BeeDog said:

No version is better than the other, unless you're some sort of resolution whore. PS3 with the blur effect off gives the 2xAA while the 360 gives some high par 720p resolution. The nod goes to the PS3 though who gives. Get it the version that gives you the more friends to play against.

LiK

scotcheggz said:
During matkmans podcast he said the differences between 360/PS3 were tha the 360 loads fracionally faster. 360 version without motion blur runs at slightly higher res whils the ps3 version without motion blur has extra AA. No gimpy ports.

At least hat is my understanding so far.

Marky has a podcast? :eek:

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I've been out of the loop for a while (more like a media blackout) but I'm still getting this day 1. The only concern I have right now after looking at some videos and screens today are:

- The number of game modes
- Whether that beat'em up mode will replace the story mode
- Is there a proper arcade and/or dojo mode.

Can someone offer me a quick rundown?

LowParry

Jin, all you need to do is, have no worries. You'll be fine. :D

Edit: Naw. I'm just kidding. Arcade mode? Yes. Dojo? No (not like VF :( ). All story elements are in Campaign Mode which is all brawler.

Edit 2: Oh yeah. There's Team Battle mode and Ghost Battle mode which is like a trained dummy of other players.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Still wish they'd release this on PSN like they did with T5DR.
Any one know how big the game is on disc?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
CcrooK said:
Jin, all you need to do is, have no worries. You'll be fine. :D

Edit: Naw. I'm just kidding. Arcade mode? Yes. Dojo? No (not like VF :( ). All story elements are in Campaign Mode which is all brawler.

Edit 2: Oh yeah. There's Team Battle mode and Ghost Battle mode which is like a trained dummy of other players.

Thank you :bow

DR2K

Banned
Kagari said:
Still wish they'd release this on PSN like they did with T5DR.
Any one know how big the game is on disc?

Close to 20 gigs because of the amount of HD movies.

Top Bottom