• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

kingkitty

Sorry King but...I don't really believe you. Your role claim seems really strong and your reasoning for picking Blarg as your target seems weak.

I didn't have an a great abundance of things to go by on Day 2, and the thing that stuck out was Blarg directly calling me out. I had my power, and I used it. Better than just randomly picking someone.

My role is strong because Harry Potter is strong, and is the OG hero of this story. And honestly, my main attack doesn't seem that overpowered (especially when it seems to only work on wand spells), and my resurrection stone is only one use (and it's just a neat way to talk to a dead person).

As a strong role it's probably to balance against a Voldemort who probably has a strong role himself.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
There would be no reason to use it on myself. It's just used to send one message to the dead and to get a reply. Using it on myself wouldn't make much sense.

Wait, it gives you a message? what purpose would that serve? and if that's the case why would it be called a Resurrection stone if it doesn't actually resurrect people!?!?

This is why I don't believe your claim. it's like a hydra, for every question answered two more take its place.

D?y 2 ?ff??rs

• s? R?ts, t?? d?g?
  • ?'m ?n ?nd?rc?v?r ?mp?r??l ?nd Sw?mp?d ?s f?rst t? d?? ?g??n :(
  • ?'m G?nd?lf ?nd ?pp?r?ntly ?'m s?nd?ng k?ngk?tty 'Fr?d? ?nd th? R?ng' t? M??nt D??m, pls
  • M?, mys?lf ?nd ? ?
  • S?wn??ks g?t P??S?N st?t ?ff?ct; r?q??sts ?nt?d?t?
  • B?rb?t?ng 'B?rb' M?ll?r th? Ph?nt?m P??n ?s st?ll ?l?v?
  • ?h, ?nd ?ls?: H?rcr?x?s

? th?nk th?t's ?v?ryth?ng s? f?r... pls c?rr?ct/?dd ?f n?t

kingkitty

Wait, it gives you a message? what purpose would that serve? and if that's the case why would it be called a Resurrection stone if it doesn't actually resurrect people!?!?

This is why I don't believe your claim. it's like a hydra, for every question answered two more take its place.

It seems like you didn't really read my role claim if you're being shocked by my answers here.

Also sending one message can be very useful. Such as if an investigator dies halfway thru the game, I can temporary resurrect him, ask him who he investigated or whatever, and he sends a reply.

From a lore standpoint, the the resurrection stone in Harry Potter world isn't a actual fullblown resurrection. You kinda just chat with a sorta ghost person.

TheExodu5

Banned
Blarg, you're telling us lots...but god damnit, try to make it a bit easier for us. It's too late for me to be deciphering this.

I'm off to bed. Good luck ladies and gents.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
It seems like you didn't really read my role claim if you're being shocked by my answers here.

Also sending one message can be very useful. Such as if an investigator dies halfway thru the game, I can temporary resurrect him, ask him who he investigated or whatever, and he sends a reply.

From a lore standpoint, the the resurrection stone in Harry Potter world isn't a actual fullblown resurrection. You kinda just chat with a sorta ghost person.

I was on mobile earlier so I couldn't read you claim properly, as for the lore I have already stated that my knowledge is limited since I've never read nor watched this series.

I'll admit that your explanations are making more sense..but I still don't think Blarg is lying about investigating you. the only way you both can be telling the truth is if you were switched with scum.

the only other thing I can think of is that the "Stupefy" spell or what ever it was that blarg said he was hit with also gives him false reads,but that would also make that power OP...

man, this situation is confusing.

Swamped is... gone... :(

nooooooo_harry_potter.gif

Just glanced through the thread, will post again tomorrow. Lots of catching up to do.

Sawneeks

Banned
I didn't have an a great abundance of things to go by on Day 2, and the thing that stuck out was Blarg directly calling me out. I had my power, and I used it. Better than just randomly picking someone.

My role is strong because Harry Potter is strong, and is the OG hero of this story. And honestly, my main attack doesn't seem that overpowered (especially when it seems to only work on wand spells), and my resurrection stone is only one use (and it's just a neat way to talk to a dead person).

As a strong role it's probably to balance against a Voldemort who probably has a strong role himself.

It just feels very convenient.

Also, unless I'm reading Blarg's role wrong, shouldn't your power have worked on him if it's for wands? He wouldn't have been able to receive your role if you're telling the truth, yet he did. Also why didn't you mention that in your initial claim??

Day 2 affairs

• so Rats, too doge ( ? )
  • I'm an undercover Imperial and Swamped is first to die again :(
  • I'm Gandolf and apparently I'm sending kingkitty 'Frodo? and the Ring' to Mount Doom, pls
  • Me, myself and I ?
  • Sawneeks got POISON stat effect; requests antidote
  • Burbeting 'Burb' Miller the Phantom Pain is still alive
  • Oh, and ?ls?: Horcrux?s

I think that's everything so far... pls correct/add if not

For those who don't speak Cursed Blarg.

Gotcha. Does it say anything about how to destroy them? Or even find them?

kingkitty

It just feels very convenient.

Also, unless I'm reading Blarg's role wrong, shouldn't your power have worked on him if it's for wands? He wouldn't have been able to receive your role if you're telling the truth, yet he did. Also why didn't you mention that in your initial claim??

The answer is that he's lying.

Why does Harry have the stone instead of a freaking invisibility cloak? Self jail or something.

Not buying it.

Blarg can you quote images with text? Is that allowed?

I just woke up and am catching up. Here are my thoughts as I do.

Blarg is cursed. Hmm. I can't help but be skeptical. The craziest player in the game can't use certian letters, reveals himself to present a scum day 2, and knows what spells hit him. It seems too good to be true.

Swamps vote against me was an early pressure vote.She was ow and had no information beyond a gut call. It's possible scum picked her in part because she had no ties to them. Wifom. Don't get caught in that loop.

Blarg vs Kingkitty is a troubling development. I'm not inclined to trust either player so the logical move is to lynch KK now and Blarg tomorrow depending on how he flips. Dumbledore is certainly in the game so its a damn risky scum play. Definitely leaning Blarg but its only a very slight lean.

A posioner in the game. Sorry you're dying Sawneeks.This is valuable information if you're town. Thank you for it. I will throw a counterargument though that Sawneeks could possibly be luring a real doctor to cure her. It's possible scum have a way to detect this. Just a thought.

Oh shit Harry Potter. Goddamn. I'm not sure who to believe right now 2 legit sounding role claims with no counter claims yet. Losing HP is troubling, but that role is pretty damn convenient. I'm conflicted. I need to ponder more on the role in has and its validity. I will theres a good chance no matter what that the whole missing characters thing is likely an act. Put on to make his claim more legit.

Sawneeks

Banned
The answer is that he's lying.

:(

Not inspiring confidence here, king..

No one noticed my... 'rough' translation of Blarg's posts? :p

...Yes?

D..did we miss something?? :(

I just woke up and am catching up. Here are my thoughts as I do.

Blarg is cursed. Hmm. I can't help but be skeptical. The craziest player in the game can't use certian letters, reveals himself to present a scum day 2, and knows what spells hit him. It seems too good to be true.

Swamps vote against me was an early pressure vote.She was ow and had no information beyond a gut call. It's possible scum picked her in part because she had no ties to them. Wifom. Don't get caught in that loop.

Blarg vs Kingkitty is a troubling development. I'm not inclined to trust either player so the logical move is to lynch KK now and Blarg tomorrow depending on how he flips. Dumbledore is certainly in the game so its a damn risky scum play. Definitely leaning Blarg but its only a very slight lean.

A posioner in the game. Sorry you're dying Sawneeks.This is valuable information if you're town. Thank you for it. I will throw a counterargument though that Sawneeks could possibly be luring a real doctor to cure her. It's possible scum have a way to detect this. Just a thought.

Oh shit Harry Potter. Goddamn. I'm not sure who to believe right now 2 legit sounding role claims with no counter claims yet. Losing HP is troubling, but that role is pretty damn convenient. I'm conflicted. I need to ponder more on the role in has and its validity. I will theres a good chance no matter what that the whole missing characters thing is likely an act. Put on to make his claim more legit.

I've thought about how Scum might be using me to somehow lure out the Doctor or whoever can cure Poison and it's why I suggest that if this person is out there they use their powers to their own discretion. If they don't feel comfortable using a Night action to save me that's fine, I understand.

Kalor

So if the horcruxes are in this game (which sounds believeable) then why wasn't Kingkitty told about them in his pm? Surely Dumbledore wouldn't be the only person to know about them.

I've thought about how Scum might be using me to somehow lure out the Doctor or whoever can cure Poison and it's why I suggest that if this person is out there they use their powers to their own discretion. If they don't feel comfortable using a Night action to save me that's fine, I understand.

Well sure that's possible too. I meant that you might be scum luring out the doctor. I don't want to pull conversation away from B/K, plus this isn't something that can be solved today anyway.

Keep the following in mind for day 3/5 though .

Sawneeks is scum. Why did she claim poison? No one can counter it right now. She knows the role pm, knows that nobody will ever receive a pm. In this scenario scum have 1 to 3 roles. A: switcher B:lookout C:see the name if anyone who targets you. By outing the Doctor tonight they insure that their posion will work until the posioner is lynched. Sawneeks would be killed the day after the posioner dies, yes? You have to remember that Rats confirmed a role blocker. With the possible poison doctor blocked scum keep killing and Sawneeks stays alive.

I have little reason to believe the above is true. I'm just throwing out aa theory.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm not entirely convinced on Blarg. His way of spelling could be just him. The main contradiction is him knowing the name of the spells. And I have to repeat Stupefy does in no way stand for "can't use vowels". Also I do NOT believe we have to deal with Horcruxes. But at the same time I can't figure out why Blarg would go down the route of lying. What could he gain?

Now Kingkitty's claim is clearly aiming at revealing the real Harry Potter. Do you believe HP would be able to roleblock Lupin and enabling a random NK? Also I expect the boy who lived to be able to survive at least one night attack or EVERY attack from Tom Riddle. It's probably a fake claim.
Based alone on everything Blarg told us, I would not vote KK now (because of the extra horcrux shizzle), but the way KK reacted tells me to do it. The whole stubborn "I'm not scum, kill him!" reeks of being scum. Everything he has done was blaming others and crying "you don't listen to me"... Guess what, YOU DID NOT TELL US ANYTHING! You refused to help us in ANY way. You are scum and have been catched. You prefer to be aggressive towards everyone instead of being helpfull. Why have you not written down your views on everyone? Why do you refuse to put a list with names and reasoning out there? You are afraid to create connections to your partners.

Vote: kingkitty

---
Scenario a)
Blarg is Dumbledore, KK flips scum. This is what probably is going on. If there is a Harry Potter, DO NOT REVEAL! Scum wants you to reveal. We had enough claims today.

Scenario b)
Blarg is scum, KK flips town. Well, this would be bad, but a 1:1 exchange HP for a Death Eater is acceptable. The loss of KK's claimed powers are manageable.

Scenario c)
Blarg is ordinary town, KK flips town. Blarg lost every game he played. He likes to distract and makes unnecessary gambits. This would clearly be the worst case. Keep in mind the possibility when voting.

Gorlak

Banned
Lol Blarg being Blarg? Getting off work soon will check in with thoughts later this evening

That's more than 12 hours ago. I'm really concerned. This day it's pretty easy for anyone to coast by and not do anything! Aside from you there are several other low posters who keep trying to be invisible and not reveal their opinion. I really hope the others in here take note of those "none-"actions.

roytheone

So yeah, after reading Kitty his role claim, I don't think I believe it.

- The Resurrection stone that is a one shot medium seems a bit.....weak. Yeah, you could get information for a PR, but in order to do that he would have to use it at the exact night the PR dies, or else it would get wasted on someone else that has no usable information.

- The role block makes more sense. But it is in direct contrast again to blarg his claim, since if blarg was being role blocked, he couldn't have used his investigation power. This means that there is almost no way both kingkitty and blarg are speaking the truth. That was already quite unlikely before, since that would have meant scum framing kitty with a switcher or a framer, but now it is almost impossible. So yeah, unless this is again one of those weird plays from blarg, one of these two is scum, and since Blarg claimed first completely unprovoked and his claim makes more sense then kitty's, I am going with kitty being the scum here:

VOTE: Kingkitty

If it ends up kitty was speaking the truth (which again I find unlikely), it would suck to lose our role blocker, but we will probably get a scum for it in return (blarg) and make lord voldemort vulnerable for night kills. Not the worst of trade offs. If this is all just another one of Blargs insane plays and both are town it will be extremely unfortunate, but I would expect Blarg to back off before the end of the day if that is the case. (so don't turbo kitty yet, give Blarg time to do that if that is what is going on).

roytheone

Also, about Blargs claim that there are Horcrux artifacts (I keep reading that as horadric, but we ain't playing a diablo themed game here :) that are a secondary win condition for us to achieve. I have read up on them on a wiki (project "lets watch the movies in order to understand where you guys are talking about" is only in phase 3, the Horcrux artifacts haven't showed up yet) and it makes sense considering the flavor. However, it is always dangerous to assume something just because of flavor, so I will still be cautious about this until we have more hard proof about their existence. Also, if they do exist, that would mean Salva and nin have given us incomplete information about our win condition in our role PM's, something I would actually not be that surprised about, they seem the kind of dicks that would do that ;)

Good morning :))

So it's Blarg vs KK today... here we go then.

Back in the day when I was trying to make sense out of Blargs posts there was actually a time when I thought he was Dumbledore (first in his first long post when he said he has to chose on who to go to school and who is not, and then in his 2nd large post when he said he's now going to Alchemy class) But I was more convinced by the thought of him being Lupin so I discarded that idea right away...

That being said I kind of believe him being Dumbledore.

Hyper pointed out that reading info into flavor most of the time does not get us anywhere but in this case I tend to put my trust in it. I might go a little to far here but what if Blarg is right AND KK is telling the truth as well??

I don't know what to think about Blargs being targeted multiple times last night but I really think he is onto something with his Horcrux theory. What if he did find out that KK is HP and (as Dumbledore in the books) is the only one who knows that Harry is a Horcrux himself?!?

Could it be possible that now he is trying to get KK lynched so Voldy loses his immortality?? In this scenario KK might not even die by getting lynched....

Now to the new win condition Blarg hinted. What if when we kill KK (meaning Harry and the Horcrux he might be) we will win by only killing the one who must not be named (I actually am a little scared to say is full name) instead of the whole Death Eater gang??? I mean, flavor wise it would make sense that the game is over when the leader is dead! That's what happens at the end of the books as well, right? V dies and the battle is won.

I am soooo extremely unsure about all of that but it makes sense in my head. I will put my vote on KingKitty tonight. I first want to hear some voices about all of this, especially from the very quite players!!!

roytheone

Good morning :))

So it's Blarg vs KK today... here we go then.

Back in the day when I was trying to make sense out of Blargs posts there was actually a time when I thought he was Dumbledore (first in his first long post when he said he has to chose on who to go to school and who is not, and then in his 2nd large post when he said he's now going to Alchemy class) But I was more convinced by the thought of him being Lupin so I discarded that idea right away...

That being said I kind of believe him being Dumbledore.

Hyper pointed out that reading info into flavor most of the time does not get us anywhere but in this case I tend to put my trust in it. I might go a little to far here but what if Blarg is right AND KK is telling the truth as well??

I don't know what to think about Blargs being targeted multiple times last night but I really think he is onto something with his Horcrux theory. What if he did find out that KK is HP and (as Dumbledore in the books) is the only one who knows that Harry is a Horcrux himself?!?

Could it be possible that now he is trying to get KK lynched so Voldy loses his immortality?? In this scenario KK might not even die by getting lynched....

Now to the new win condition Blarg hinted. What if when we kill KK (meaning Harry and the Horcrux he might be) we will win by only killing the one who must not be named (I actually am a little scared to say is full name) instead of the whole Death Eater gang??? I mean, flavor wise it would make sense that the game is over when the leader is dead! That's what happens at the end of the books as well, right? V dies and the battle is won.

I am soooo extremely unsure about all of that but it makes sense in my head. I will put my vote on KingKitty tonight. I first want to hear some voices about all of this, especially from the very quite players!!!

I doubt this from a game design point of view unless there are a lot of things we need to do first before we can kill mister don't say his name. That would make it a real possibility that this game will be EXTREMELY short, and since main season games take a while to plan and prepare for, and people tend to look forward to them for a long while, it ending in like two weeks would suck for everyone, even if you do end up winning. So if killing Voldy will be an insta win for us, that would require A LOT of balancing to make sure the game doesn't end ridiculously soon.

Gorlak

Banned
There are no secret win conditions. Be clear-headed people, this is one typical example of "town believes everything". We are below the Cthulhu and DR games, and thus this is NOT a bastard game. Don't fall for everything people make up.

Burbeting

Banned
This is flavor-thing, but I think it'should weird that kitty is presumably Harry, when the flavor of D1 kind of hinted that Harry is not at Hogwarts at all? I dunno, seems weird.

Also, part-time Roleblocker claim, when there is a theory that Scum has a Roleblocker? Something stinks.

That said, we are now just four votes short on turbo, and I don'the know if turbo is good?

If you're telling the truth Sawneeks consider role revealing at day end. There may be no one that can save you. It seems odd that they would inform you about the poisoning if you could be saved. The ability seems kinda useless if you could inform a doctor so easily. If your role could help town or if you have any other information please consider revealing it. That may be why you were told.
--
Extended thoughts on Blarg vs KingCatty. Blocker vs investigater. A difficult situation. I can't say I trust either, but if they speak true I wish we could spare both. Kingkittys reveal was convenient but I don't think his aggression is unwarranted. Wanting to live isn't bad. The main problem I see in his defense is the inprobibility of his claims. Hitting Blarg the same night as he was hit is extremely unlikely. The only way I see it as possible is if Blarg is lying completely. Possible but not likey. All in all, killing KK today seems like our best move. Lynch Blarg tomorrow if he turns town.

I'll withhold my vote for now.

There are no secret win conditions. Be clear-headed people, this is one typical example of "town believes everything". We are below the Cthulhu and DR games, and thus this is NOT a bastard game. Don't fall for everything people make up.

Y?? w?ll r?gr?t y??r w?rds ?nd d??ds

This is flavor-thing, but I think it'should weird that kitty is presumably Harry, when the flavor of D1 kind of hinted that Harry is not at Hogwarts at all? I dunno, seems weird.

Also, part-time Roleblocker claim, when there is a theory that Scum has a Roleblocker? Something stinks.

That said, we are now just four votes short on turbo, and I don'the know if turbo is good?

pls, d?n't t?rb?

N? T?RB?
N? T?RB?
N? T?RB?

?v?ryb?dy, ? kn?w th? st?nd?rd ?p?r?t?ng pr?c?d?r? ?s t? t? t?rb? c?nf?rm?d sc?m, b?t ?n th?s c?s?, pls d?n't

? w?nt t? s?v??r ?ll th? l?ttl? ?m?t??ns

Blarg vs. KK is strongly reminding me of the Squid/Haly episode from Archer last
season. Then, as now, someone who was more or less a dictator of discussion called out someone as scum, and the accused became offensively defensive and came out with a spectacular, lore-compliant claim... that was highly improbable.

The only thing to do now is to focus on these two, and lynch the one who seems more scummy on the day itself (and if wrong, lynch the accuser the next day). Excessive defensiveness is more often than not indicative of scumminess (as Gorlak will attest), or at the very least of being anti-town. So,

Vote: KingKitty

three more votes for turbo

I only just now noticed how absurd Miracle's initial request was. Not saying you're scum, but come on, brother! Judging by the lateness of the start of D2, shenanigans most definitely happened last night. What about you, are you responsible for such an action? : P You've got to realize how dangerous that sounded, and why people reacted the way they did.

As for BSP's Voldemort lore theory, a new win condition would be problematic. Something more manageable would be some conditions needing to be met before Voldemort can be lynched or NKed (in the event of neutrals).

roytheone

I would tend to agree with you, and personally I find it kind of unlikely there is a secret town win condition, but I wouldn't be surprised if Salva and nin are at least withholding some things from our role PM's.

arkos (0)
gorlak 898 (1029)

thegoddamn (0)
burbeting 937 (953)

kingkitty (10)
blargonaut 951
burbeting 953
magnumboy20xx 995
rynam 998
retroid 1109
enker 1133
salvapot 1135
gorlak 1228
roytheone 1230
TheWorthyEdge1135

blargonaut (1)
kingkitty 990

kingkitty</b> (1)
theexodu5 1005

miracle (1)
gorlak 1029 (1228)
flame_ac 1062

Votes required to reach majority: 14

Silly Nin, Salva voting for Kitty, that is against the rules! Also, exodu5 his kitty vote is in a separate list?

If you're telling the truth Sawneeks consider role revealing at day end. There may be no one that can save you. It seems odd that they would inform you about the poisoning if you could be saved. The ability seems kinda useless if you could inform a doctor so easily. If your role could help town or if you have any other information please consider revealing it. That may be why you were told.
--

What? No. Sawneeks clearly said the poison will kill her in two nights, so she will die night 3, and will still have all of day 3 to reveal her role and knowledge. No need for her to role claim today.

Ah, shit. Blarg translation:

Pls don't turbo

NO TURBO
NO TURBO
NO TURBO

Everybody, I know that standard operating procedure is to turbo confirmed scum, but in this case, please don't

I want to savour all the little emotions

Burbeting

Banned
Y?? w?ll r?gr?t y??r w?rds ?nd d??ds

pls, d?n't t?rb?

N? T?RB?
N? T?RB?
N? T?RB?

?v?ryb?dy, ? kn?w th? st?nd?rd ?p?r?t?ng pr?c?d?r? ?s t? t? t?rb? c?nf?rm?d sc?m, b?t ?n th?s c?s?, pls d?n't

? w?nt t? s?v??r ?ll th? l?ttl? ?m?t??ns

I remember you didn'the want to turbo Fireblend in NX ;).

---

Los wants Sawneeks to claim tonight, but I thought the poison will only kick after two nights?

Gorlak

Banned
I was referring to this crab ranking of how fucked up a game is, in case you wondered.

Anyway, today will deliver even less information about voting patterns, because everyone decided to bandwaggon kingkitty early on. Thus I urge you to provide a list of people you trust and people you find scummy. It's for the best to have something we can go back to tomorrow. Right now it's in favour of scum to just vote kk and give no extra explanation on anyone else...

town:
Roy - he is voicing his concerns clearly and offers good explanations, his way of deducing is appealing. Hopefully I'm not falling for him.
Burb - gives of a general vibe of townieness especially with his claim in mind

In between
Lone-prodigy - he's quite active for his standards, he points out numerous things others don't seem to notice, can't make up my mind if it's on purpose - biggest problem for me, I'm biased towards him and can't shake off memories
Kawl - was rather active and I had him leaning town, but the way he's taking on matters could be very well from a scum viewpoint, can't decide yet.

scum:
Miracle - I think I've made my point already
Flame_AC - this is an odd example for me, he reminds me a lot of myself, takes aggressives stands and wants to stir discussion. Call it a gut feeling.

None-existent people:
Arkos - already tried to prod him twice, still got nothing
Bananaspaceprincess - loves to go for the fluff speculation
TheG - nothing, says he want to deliver more
Also Kalor, Enker, AwesomePossum, Matt Attack and Crab/TWE have very few posts. Post more. The banned players are excused for the moment, but I await heavy input at return.

DO NOT TURBO.

Unvote

TURBO ing is a bad idea this early, since we have a dearth of information on each other (a situation that I've admittedly contributed to, but still). Let's make time for reads, which I will strive to do.

KK now has 11 votes, I believe. Exodu5's vote was counted separately.

Top Bottom