• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

sorry every one for not participating much in this day i was busy and mostly observing the thread, i'll be active more. if i make any mistakes just tell me so i fix them, since this is my first time.
more to the point i'm still not sure who to vote on so i'm gonna go with the most suspicious.

VOTE:Kristoffer

PS.
Can someone tell me how to put highlight on the vote ill change it asap.

Don't edit to change it to the right format, make a new post.

Tags are [ highlight ] and [/highlight ] with no spaces.

Check that you got a space after the semicolon.

And welcome! Nice to see your face.

OK, it's looking like I'm not going to be around for the day end insanity.

I don't particularly want to vote for a new player. not because it's a dick move (even though it kind of is) but just because I haven't really read enough by them to convince me they are worth looking at. Hopefully in the next day phase we'll get some more substantial contributions from them and it would be good if Vanguard came in to acknowledge the thread soon.

I really don't enjoy Kristoffers scattershot approach but it's something I'm willing to let slide on Day 1 while a lot of people are trying different things to provoke reactions. If he doesn't settle down in the coming days it's the type of thing that I feel becomes a hindrance to the town as it obscures motivations. The same goes for Seaths style.

Haly is a bit stranger, I don't feel his posts are designed to get reactions from people instead he just seems keen to post. A lot. It could be a bold scummy play, but I'm not really feeling it. He has eyes on him now and I'd rather not lynch him today.

Out of the front runners freakinchair was the only one I had a negative gut reaction towards since I didn't like his initial interplay with Seath/Ri'Orious. Purely based on my initial reaction, out of the 3 frontrunners I think he's the best option.

A couple of other things that gave me strong initial negative reactions:

I'm not a really talkative Person, especially if it's not my mother tongue, so i won't say very much.

I do understand issues with language but this is a game entirely based around talking, I don't like the fact that this post is setting the stage for limited interactions. I'm OK with being quiet on day one since theres not much to go on, but I don't like the way this is being set up.

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting earlier, it's been a busy day. Then again, day one is usually very uneventful, as we normally make blind accusations until we decide to Lynch someone randomly, sometimes with good reasoning but most of the times it's based off of some random events that occur one hour before the end of the day phase.

So, I think I'll vote to try to get some discussion going.

Vote: Never Forever

Why did you take the questionnaire idea from the Danny phantom game?

I personally don't see how that helps us find scum. I do think that we as community should add one to sign ups next season to get a feel for what both new and returning players like and prioritize, but as far as an in game scum hunting tool I don't think it's very effective.

OK, that makes sense. Day one is when we probably need conversations to be started the most.

I think I'll switch my vote to someone else to get him talking.

vote: Rynam

You made one post to let us know that you were in the game, but haven't said anything else after that. What do you think about some of the current developments, and who is catching your suspicions?

Magnum seems to pop up and ask a few innocuous questions seemingly to stir up conversation but really didn't contribute anything further himself. Something about it just felt a little bit forced to me. Like he was trying a bit to hard to seem neutral/complient, thats maybe a little bit awkwardly explained but it just felt off to me and that feeling has stuck.

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

My only defense for now, and it's not even a defense as much as a dismissal, is that you guys know damn well I can blend as scum/neutral. I'm mostly offended that anyone could think I'd ever play that badly. Feels vaguely like Election so far, where one accuser was just dumb, and the other was scum.

So if town wants to self-sabotage and go after me on D1, feel free.

You'll get no role claims from me today, and if it helps prevent other reactive role claims, I'm alright with it.

I could easily fanfiction to say that you could easily reckon that if you were blendy you'd be caught sooner so trying a different tactic would carry you a bit further in the game and give you 'disgruntled D1 town' pts later, but that's complete speculation and it's not actual lynch-worthy logic even by tragic D1 standards

I haven't liked your bitching and moaning about D1 and I've found it unhelpful, but going in on someone because you don't like their attitude is equally not actually smart play

at least you seem to have woken up now, which I suppose is all I could have hoped for

consider me dismissed (for now), this has zero chance of going anywhere

UNVOTE

NF voted Zipped due to the hobo thing when Kris was leading the charge on that? I may have read the post wrong.

idk, I thought getting Zipped's opinion would be more interesting, precisely because I got the sense that everyone was focusing on Kristoffer, and I thought a vote would be a good attention grabber. I think Zipped made at least one or two posts lobbying for a Hobohodo lynch and I wanted to check why he felt so passionate about it, other people were already talking to Kristoffer and Kristoffer was generally more active so I didn't see the point in just focusing in on just him so early when there was another voter knocking about. Zipped and Kristoffer had suddenly become best mates and I found both their behaviour weird.

squidyj

This is a mess and I really don't understand this concerted effort to get freakinchair lynched that's coming from all sides. He's said some dumb stuff but the amount of fervor going into it from kris, from ri'orius, it just doesn't make sense. I'm not convinced we can afford to let kris have his way in this game ever, he's struck me as some sort of neutral role so far in this game and playing into his agenda is likely bad for town.

Palmer said that if he was scum he'd play better, and then he kinda sorta hinted that he might be a Town PR. I dunno palmer.

Vote: Ri'orius

Strange how we could be close to a Freakinchair lynch with zero resistance from any quarter, even he himself seems to have never really acknowledged himself as a high-probability lynch candidate or tried a defence or anything that sticks out in my mind

you there? clock's ticking

squidyj

we have 4 on freakinchair? 5 on kirstoffer? 3 on haly, 3 on ri'orius?

I'm not sure I like either of our top targets getting lynched.

I really don't enjoy Kristoffers scattershot approach but it's something I'm willing to let slide on Day 1 while a lot of people are trying different things to provoke reactions. If he doesn't settle down in the coming days it's the type of thing that I feel becomes a hindrance to the town as it obscures motivations. The same goes for Seaths style.
It'll stop after today if I miraculously survive today's mob. I just wanted to go for some Day One reactions, but obviously after I settled on Freakinchair over a day ago I've been pretty consistent.

I appreciate the sentiment about chair. I also respect your vote on magnum but we are getting very close to lynch time and I think we should coalesce around a couple of candidates. If you feel the way you do about chair, maybe you should change your vote to him?

... I just don't want to die. Not today! I've contributed so much. :'(

Verelios

Strange how we could be close to a Freakinchair lynch with zero resistance from any quarter, even he himself seems to have never really acknowledged himself as a high-probability lynch candidate or tried a defence or anything that sticks out in my mind

He came in sounding pretty exhausted last page, or trying to appear so. I think he'll show up again in the final hour at least.

It'll stop after today if I miraculously survive today's mob. I just wanted to go for some Day One reactions, but obviously after I settled on Freakinchair over a day ago I've been pretty consistent.
Idk, maybe you settled on Freak due to your hobo thing not gettin enuff traction?

... I just don't want to die. Not today! I've contributed so much. :'(
Can I get a list of what you have contributed?

Ezekel, I'll get back to you after some morning coffee. Stay tuned.

Also, have you had your morning coffee yet?

-----
Making a mental note of JQK's magnum vote.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not convinced we can afford to let kris have his way in this game ever, he's struck me as some sort of neutral role so far in this game and playing into his agenda is likely bad for town.

we have 4 on freakinchair? 5 on kirstoffer? 3 on haly, 3 on ri'orius?

I'm not sure I like either of our top targets getting lynched.

Vote: Haly

Let me see which gif for this...

Yeah I'm going to go with Spectre:
LCnCRPK.gif

Mazre

To start

vote: Kristoffer

During my reread of the thread I went back and forth on this. His accusations have felt haphazard and his arguments have been thin and few. I've seen the argument raised that he's just town probing for reactions but I honestly don't buy it. If anything he feels like a scum trying to be so over the top that people will just wait and see, even his last post is making the promise that he'll pivot away from the random as the game progresses.

Among our other vote leaders I don't see the argument against chair. Haly's play has been uneven but I'm not feeling a lynch there either. Ri'orious's post where he no lynches followed by a vote on weemad doesn't sit very well to me, nor does his jumping on the chair train.

If he's town, that makes perfect sense. I happen to read him as leaning town.

Hobohodo

I'd still like to here something from chair about the 'everyone jumping on seath' post that he made. I'd take it as misremembering something if it wasn't for him telling me to go have a re-read. But the re-read just backed up what I'd originally said.

Chair has posted since, so I'd just like to here something.

(I hope the URL tags worked...)

Palmer_v1

I really thought ri'orius was new. My bad. I also agree freakinchair seems like an awfully easy Lynch so far. I'm growing a bit more suspicious of Haly as well, but I'm sticking with Roy for now.

Yes, Roy started as a joke vote but I think it is who i'd be on anyway.

squidyj

I really thought ri'orius was new. My bad. I also agree freakinchair seems like an awfully easy Lynch so far. I'm growing a bit more suspicious of Haly as well, but I'm sticking with Roy for now.

So what you're saying is you want to throw your vote away and let other players control the vote onto another target.

roytheone

Did he? I thought he just refused to make a real vote.

You're right, I remembered wrong. I was referring to this post btw:

If it's a tie vote I'm certainly not going to break it, and if someone starts taking a lead they don't really need my vote do they? I will make sure to give a personal finger of suspicion closer to the end of the day though as a little "who I'd vote if I wasn't NLing" to quell anyone's fears that I'm trying to avoid taking a hard stance on anyone, because people have given me plenty to judge off of already.

Haly

You might be confused, by top targets I meant Kris and Freakinchair, I think you and Ri'orius are good targets.

No, I'm not confused at all. I'm wondering how you go from "we can't let kris have his way!" to "I don't think either should be lynched". I know why you're voting for me because it creates a 3rd viable candidate but the kris flip flop was a doozy.

squidyj

No, I'm not confused at all. I'm wondering how you go from "we can't let kris have his way!" to "I don't think either should be lynched". I know why you're voting for me because it creates a 3rd viable candidate but the kris flip flop was a doozy.

I want to avoid interaction with Kris' gameplan at all costs, that involves not killing him and not killing the person he's targeting.

Haly

I mean the only thing that stops me from thinking it's a scum defense is that putting yourself at risk on day 1 like this is completely stupid and I would never expect such poor play from you but come on, it's unbelievably egregious!

Anyway I want to lynch kris even more now just to see if there's any substance to these uncomfortable gut feelings.
I want to avoid interaction with Kris' gameplan at all costs, that involves not killing him and not killing the person he's targeting.
EDIT: Okay thirdpost forthcoming.

Kalor

For all we know Kris might be a neutral who is going after a town member so it would be beneficial for us to kill him.

Haly

Not killing Kris because it might be a trap, either to Kris' benefit or Chair's....

I don't think this is a run of the mill game but you're reasoning like one-night werewolf player. Is that what you really expect out of this game?

Isn't voting for the person he's protecting still interacting with his plan? And what's so important about Kris's gameplan that you'd back it up?

Haly

Also, the thing is, if you're really reading a "plan" from Kristoffer then lynching a neutral is pretty good for us because neutrals, if not being out right anti-town, are still not necessarily pro-town. Plus, the insight into mechanics a neutral D1 lynch would get us would be invaluable, compared to any other role excepting scum.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Magnum seems to pop up and ask a few innocuous questions seemingly to stir up conversation but really didn't contribute anything further himself. Something about it just felt a little bit forced to me. Like he was trying a bit to hard to seem neutral/complient, thats maybe a little bit awkwardly explained but it just felt off to me and that feeling has stuck.

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

I understand why you might feel that way. I didn't post as much as I wanted to this day phase, probably due to the fact that I suck at mafia on day 1. I tend to have trouble getting reads on little to no information. I should hopefully get better and post more as the game progresses.

I personally have no idea who I want to vote for of our frontrunners, so I'll just keep it where it is for now unless a tie occurs.

Kalor

I understand why you might feel that way. I didn't post as much as I wanted to this day phase, probably due to the fact that I suck at mafia on day 1. I tend to have trouble getting reads on little to no information. I should hopefully get better and post more as the game progresses.

I personally have no idea who I want to vote for of our frontrunners, so I'll just keep it where it is for now unless a tie occurs.

Who will you vote in the event of a tie?

Palmer_v1

So what you're saying is you want to throw your vote away and let other players control the vote onto another target.

I'm saying exactly what I said earlier. We're better off having several candidates so that we're more likely to cause scum to panic. Bandwagons are bad if we want anything useful from this.

Palmer_d1hater is really bad at paying attention, and doesn't contribute at all. But you're saying Palmer_d2 is totally worth keeping you around?

RetroMG

kristoffer (6)
ezekelrage 127
zippedpinhead 144 (153)
haly 229
kalor 347
nudull 424
ii-vanguard-ii 456
mazre 467

freakinchair (4)
haly 104 (132)
kristoffer 125 (155)
roytheone 284
hobohodo 296
kristoffer 298
ri'orius 433

haly (4)
weemadarthur 114
squidyj 215 (327)
flatearthpandas 234
verelios 269
kristoffer 271 (289)
squidyj 462

ri'orius (2)
seath 120 (261)
freakinchair 205
squidyj 327 (381)
seath 344
squidyj 455 (462)

roytheone (1)
palmer_v1 98

camjo-z (1)
squidyj 99 (215)
haly 132 (229)
mickd 231

hobohodo (1)
zippedpinhead 153
kristoffer 155 (271)
kristoffer 289 (298)

magnumboy20xx (1)
johnnyquicknives 453

rynam (1)
magnumboy20xx 250

no lynch (1)
camjo-z 129
ri'orius 335 (335)

mickd (0)
camjo-z 96 (129)

ii-vanguard-ii (0)
ri'orius 128 (335)
seath 261 (331)

seath (0)
never forever 176 (266)
seath 331 (344)

never forever (0)
magnumboy20xx 198 (250)

nudull (0)
hobohodo 232 (296)

johnnyquicknives (0)
kalor 244 (347)

zippedpinhead (0)
never forever 266 (364)

weemadarthur (0)
ri'orius 335 (433)

flatearthpandas (0)
never forever 364 (407)

palmer_v1 (0)
squidyj 381 (455)
never forever 407 (454)

that's only if you believe he's protecting haly. I think you're high as fuck.

I'm sick of this drama. The best scumtell on D1 is cautiuously contributing or contributing nothing at all. People who just put themselves out on the open like Haly are either smart scum, which means we'll have to get them later, or regular players. Lynch the quiet ones.

Haly, squidyj, thoughts on lynching Hobo?

I don't like how hard people are thinking about this. All this analyzing of camjo is meaningless. The votes on Haly are well founded but probably a dead end. On day one, you've gotta go with your gut.

And my gut says Hobohodo is pure evil.

All eyes are on you, Haly. So just shut up and vote Hobo if you want to live.

I just lined my brain with eyes, and I see more clearly now. All this talk about Haly really is sucking all of the air out of this room. The discussion is founded on nothing and is not worth the consideration. If you have placed your vote based on who is talking the most, then you've wasted it. This is a fairly common day 1 trap; by the rule of recency, the most talkative hunters here are the most deliberated, and so we have greater propensity to vote for them. Instead we should focus on coasters. However, if you're currently voting for someone that has just 1 vote, then you've also wasted it. We're here to build consensus, so let's actually discuss and convince rather than OMGUS'ing.

Of the top 4 players being voted on currently, Haly and I are just not worth the time. We're out there, we're contributing, so there will be plenty of vote evidence later on. If either of us are scum, then voting for us now means in later days the coasters will have no evidence against them because they can gleefully bandwagon and we're back at square one. If either of us are town, you miss out on some good contributors (Haly, I think you are a good contributor!) and you miss out on having two good sleuths.

Ezekel, I have not. I've been watching the news.

Can we stop voting for Haly, please? It's getting old.

Seems like a lot of protecting to me.

squidyj

Seems like a lot of protecting to me.

look it's pretty clear i'm not going to be able to shift the vote away at this time because apparently the electorate is dumb. so lets just shut up and see what the flip is.

If Haly and Kris are on a team together I'll eat multiple articles of my own clothing.

Palmer_v1

Palmer_d1hater is really bad at paying attention, and doesn't contribute at all. But you're saying Palmer_d2 is totally worth keeping you around?

I think I could have my Corgi post for me and still end up more useful than some people.

I see Kristoffer is leading now, instead of freak, so I retract my statement about that being too easy.

Of the top 3, two are voting for other top 3, but freak is not. So he's either not paying attention or is less interested in personal survival(which is not a scum or neutral instinct).

I find Haly more suspicious than Kristoffer, personally.

Haly

I claim Nikolai Jakov, KGB B--

Oh wait, that's the wrong game. No, I'm not claiming anything today, regardless of what happens. I give you my guarantee.

(God have mercy on us all if squidy and palmer are both scum.)

look it's pretty clear i'm not going to be able to shift the vote away at this time because apparently the electorate is dumb. so lets just shut up and see what the flip is.

If Haly and Kris are on a team together I'll eat multiple articles of my own clothing.

I wasn't thinking team, more one way lover. Although the play is very obvious if that's the case. Maybe I can only classify it as "weird".

But I'll still hold you to the bet because it sounds funny.

squidyj

I need to caveat that bet. it doesn't apply if they don't know they're on the same team, ie. if they're both vanilla town

:/

Top Bottom