• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Kawl_USC

I'm heading to bed soon, so no more flurry of posts from me. might have a few small ones if any questions are asked or interesting things come up.

i should be more active tomorrow at work, especially as we approach day end.

Sorian

Banned
I expected more up there, I have to agree with Kawl tho, Ouro is sitting out on any sides unless pushed, something is up.

*twitch*

*twitch*

My phone has deemed it so. Be happy I corrected it above.

Yes i mean come end of day. i certainly don't mean getting people to toe a line right now, those horse races are far more enlightening when they at least begin organically.

yea sure, but have to keep in mind the player as well when it comes to dumb shit, and kyan's borderline defining characteristic is his drunken half swedish half english weird posts.

Hard for me to consider Kyan's regular characteristics when I've never seen him actually be town instead of just pretending.

Kawl_USC

I expected more up there, I have to agree with Kawl tho, Ouro is sitting out on any sides unless pushed, something is up.

My phone has deemed it so. Be happy I corrected it above.

Hard for me to consider Kyan's regular characteristics when I've never seen him actually be town instead of just pretending.

Hey I can only poke so much, it's a team effort to drag out anything of value.

Right, so technically all of his regular characteristics are non alignment indicative, I imagine he's just playing the mad man he always does, sans his outlet of a private chat

Ourobolus

Banned
Your three person list is great. God forbid we ask you to step outside of your safe bubble though and talk about something else.

safe?

bubble?

aoG03rJ-2.gif

Sorian

Banned
pray tell what is "up" with me

We're asking you questions that you don't seem to think are too important. Are you arrogant today, are you neutral or scum and just aren't tapping on the importance? I don't know, it's certainly not helpful Ouro though.

Ourobolus

Banned
We're asking you questions that you don't seem to think are too important. Are you arrogant today, are you neutral or scum and just aren't tapping on the importance? I don't know, it's certainly not helpful Ouro though.

i'll be as helpful as anyone is on day one

and yes, i don't think they are terribly important at this moment

at least not the answers themselves

Kyanrute

Yes i mean come end of day. i certainly don't mean getting people to toe a line right now, those horse races are far more enlightening when they at least begin organically.

yea sure, but have to keep in mind the player as well when it comes to dumb shit, and kyan's borderline defining characteristic is his drunken half swedish half english weird posts.

VOTE: Kawl_USC

Sorian

Banned
i'll be as helpful as anyone is on day one

and yes, i don't think they are terribly important at this moment

at least not the answers themselves

At this moment sticks out to me. My question was obviously a dance with you though so kudos there.

-----

The Kawl vote is junk.

CzarTim

Day 1 votes

no lynch (0)
kyanrute 34 (132)

sorian (1)
pop-o-matic 36
melonrabbit 67 (199)

exmachina64 (0)
lone_prodigy 37 (152)
nin1000 62 (122)
kyanrute 132 (261)

ooruboloulous (1)
crab 39

ourobolus (3)
exmachina64 44 (77)
nin1000 122
sorian 161
gorlak 194

lone_prodigy (0)
sorian 46 (60)

nin1000 (2)
ourobolus 54 (61)
ourobolus 141
kawl_usc 213

gorlak (0)
sorian 60 (161)
ourobolus 61 (120)

stanleypalmtree (0)
exmachina64 77 (131)

kawl_usc (1)
ourobolus 120 (141)
kyanrute 261

kyanrute (1)
exmachina64 131

pop-o-matic (1)
melonrabbit 199

ora_1481140800.png

Kyanrute

Sorian is building a narrative against me for future I feel. The tryharding post rings wrong in my ears. He brings up my eternal scumminess and presumes to know the why behind the posts. He also sets fine foundations for d2 uselessness lynch against me. The other interesting part is how everyone else is really hesitant to do the same. Ouro goes the farthest from the rest by not liking my shitposting and few others at least offer their comments on the matter. Kawl seems to be really quick to declare me town. Exmachina tosses a reaction baiter. Stan is trying to decipher the madness to figure out just how much of a threat I am. Melon speculates, I do not find that very scummy right now. LP seems indifferent. nin is unreadable. Gorlak and Pop are MIA. Kyan is best.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian is building a narrative against me for future I feel. The tryharding post rings wrong in my ears. He brings up my eternal scumminess and presumes to know the why behind the posts. He also sets fine foundations for d2 uselessness lynch against me. The other interesting part is how everyone else is really hesitant to do the same. Ouro goes the farthest from the rest by not liking my shitposting and few others at least offer their comments on the matter. Kawl seems to be really quick to declare me town. Exmachina tosses a reaction baiter. Stan is trying to decipher the madness to figure out just how much of a threat I am. Melon speculates, I do not find that very scummy right now. LP seems indifferent. nin is unreadable. Gorlak and Pop are MIA. Kyan is best.

I don't need to build a narrative against you, you'll sink or swim all on your own.

Sorian

Banned
Sure, but the narrative gives more #townpoints when you go for me compared to the scenario where you'd make up the argument on the spot.

Not really, to be more direct, you painted the target on yourself already. I wouldn't need to do much prep work to get you lynched if I wanted to because scum and investigative roles are already plenty interested in you, you'll weed yourself out on your own.

At work, will be keeping up with the thread. Can't post a bunch until my lunch break. Will do my best to be present for deadline.

Still waiting to hear from Pop and Gorlak...

OK, I just skimmed the topic. Seems to be a lot of pointless bickering and posturing right now, which means this is a much better D1 than popmafia. Anyway.

• Kyanrute's really doing nothing but trolling at this point. He's basically Blarg without any of the substance, or Gafia's BronsonLee. Feel's like he could easily be a free kill for scum if left to make it to the night since all his posts basically mean nothing, though if he's left alive it could end up disastrous for whoever's side he isn't on.
  • Gorlak also hasn't contributed much, besides his one post where he was a bit aggro on Sorian and voted for Ouro. And most of L_P's scant few posts have been on the fluffy side besides his slight backhand at melon, so they could also easily be free kills.
  • Sorian's feeling a little more terse than usual, but mostly seems to be on point as expected. Still wouldn't object to lynching him D1, but he's not my first choice like at the start of the day since it doesn't seem like he's the cut-and-dry N1 scum target I was expecting.
  • Ouro's just being really aggro and unpleasant at the moment and it just isn't a good look for him. Getting some real scum vibes off him, but then I'd hope that he'd realize how that makes him look, especially since he's currently our vote leader.
  • Nin also had A BIT of the same problem, but at least I see signs from him that he's doing more than just shit stirring like Ouro or Kyan. Still, as someone who owes his FF victory to nin's easy aggro-ability and poor decision making, he's still a bit of a liability to town, even if he is on our side.
  • Melon trying to push me for my inactivity is, while a little disconcerting, did help me kick my ass in gear and if the shoe were on the other foot, I would have totally done the same thing.
  • Everyone else is pretty much null for me right not because fuck it I'm lazy right now.

Vote: nin1000

Not because I think he's scum but because I wanna see votes move, dammit.

Sorian

Banned
If we were categorizing people together (which I feel like we can), I'd vote Ouro before nin and Gorlak before Pop. inb4 someone tries to sell that I'm trying to force votes down onto competing wagons, though we are getting to the point where we do need competing wagons, but those pairs are basically acting the same with subtle differences.

VOTE: Gorlak

btw. Ouro is still a top tier choice but Gorlak will continue to coast through day 1 at this rate and won't even be unapologetic about it.

nin1000

Banned
[*]Nin also had A BIT of the same problem, but at least I see signs from him that he's doing more than just shit stirring like Ouro or Kyan. Still, as someone who owes his FF victory to nin's easy aggro-ability and poor decision making, he's still a bit of a liability to town, even if he is on our side.

Not because I think he's scum but because I wanna see votes move, dammit.

Fuck you with that reasoning behins that vote.
That means it does not matter if i am scum or town, you want to vote me out because i made some mistakes in past games.
You can fuck off with that meta.

Kawl_USC

That means it does not matter if i am scum or town, you want to vote me out because i made some mistakes in past games.
Looking at your play this game in a vacuum doesn't exactly make his position look bad.

You can't just add version numbers to your name and say it's a different player now. Show it with your play or reap what you've sowed.

I didn't vote for you for those reasons. I voted to force a tie and get votes moving, and, while Sorian proceeded to follow the hint, your strong reaction has me feeling that I should keep my vote here instead of moving it to either Gorlak or Kyan like I planned to continue that line...

alright, so imma bout to sleep, which will likely mean i wont be back before day ends (and expect this to be the case each day btw).

of the people i would be in okay with being lynched, we have
Gorlack, LP, Kyan, Nin, and Pop.

gorlack im sorta willing to let slide today due to the attempt to explain their absence, but it sure better change in Day 2,
Nin is acting werid as hell but i mean thats kinda his thing, and i would like to see where this goes before making a more final decision.
Kyan is kinda the same as nin, only i feel like his extreme goofiness is even more likely to be a whole planned this.
these 3, well if they are lynched i probs wont miss them, but i dont think they make particularly strong choices.

So this leaves LP and Pop, who both have the same deal here, they kinda haven't said anything, and i dont recall there being any legit reason why for either.
this is kinda a more "and nothing of value was lost" approach to today's lynch, but i would be lying if i said i had gotten any substantial scum vibes from anybody, just a whole lot to keep in mind about them going forward.

with all that said, i think ill vote for the one who still hasnt spoken up,

vote: Lone_Prodigy

g'night everybody

Ourobolus

Banned
oh man are we thunderdoming gorlak and me? I guess I should move my vote out of self-preservation and what-not

CzarTim

Day 1 votes

no lynch (0)
kyanrute 34 (132)

sorian (0)
pop-o-matic 36 (274)
melonrabbit 67 (199)

exmachina64 (0)
lone_prodigy 37 (152)
nin1000 62 (122)
kyanrute 132 (261)

ooruboloulous (1)
crab 39

ourobolus (2)
exmachina64 44 (77)
nin1000 122
sorian 161 (276)
gorlak 194

lone_prodigy (1)
sorian 46 (60)
stanleypalmtree 281

nin1000 (2)
ourobolus 54 (61)
ourobolus 141 (284)
kawl_usc 213 (282)
pop-o-matic 274
ourobolus 284

gorlak (2)
sorian 60 (161)
ourobolus 61 (120)
sorian 276
kawl_usc 282

stanleypalmtree (0)
exmachina64 77 (131)

kawl_usc (1)
ourobolus 120 (141)
kyanrute 261

kyanrute (1)
exmachina64 131

pop-o-matic (1)
melonrabbit 199

ora_1481140800.png

Did Gorlak say he was gonna be coming back and chiming in pre day end?

And I'll be unable to participate the whole of the 6th december. I'll be here for gamestart, but can only continue to play in the last 20 hours of Day 1, I hope that's not that big of a deal, I'll make up for it as usual.

Note: He has not resurface in the first 15 1/2 hours of that 20 hour window he gave himself.

Kawl_USC

Well I have faith that he will show up here before we get to the deadline.

Maybe with something enough to have me move my vote. Or not. Who knows.

Any one else out there trying to play the game?

Top Bottom