• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Sorian

Banned
Acorhs seems similar to how he was in Pop to me.

But he was scum in that game.

I don't know about Pop but he does seem like something I've seen recently, PK in persona mafia, also a new player (I know acorhs isn't completely fresh new but I would still put this in the new category). Missing easy things and instead of just admitting fault and dropping it, he keeps playing the funny/incompetence card. The not unvoting thing is whatever, I feel like we always have someone early in games that makes that comment and people never chomp down on it but his reaction to being caught either lying or just not paying enough attention? Nah.

VOTE: Acorhs

Not done with Bronx yet by the way but all he will keep doing for now is talking about himself and I want to hear what he has to say about others.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't know about Pop but he does seem like something I've seen recently, PK in persona mafia, also a new player (I know acorhs isn't completely fresh new but I would still put this in the new category). Missing easy things and instead of just admitting fault and dropping it, he keeps playing the funny/incompetence card. The not unvoting thing is whatever, I feel like we always have someone early in games that makes that comment and people never chomp down on it but his reaction to being caught either lying or just not paying enough attention? Nah.

VOTE: Acorhs

Not done with Bronx yet by the way but all he will keep doing for now is talking about himself and I want to hear what he has to say about others.
Melon and Sophia would probably be closest thing I have to town reads right now. I'm the easiest dude to start a train on, if they were scum they would've started tunneling me by now.

nin1000

Banned
Melon and Sophia would probably be closest thing I have to town reads right now. I'm the easiest dude to start a train on, if they were scum they would've started tunneling me by now.

I do not agree with that.
Ofc one could say that would be the easiest thing to do as scum. But since this a jam packed game I doubt scum would be dumb enough to jump prematurely onto a train that did not even started to head into the light.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I do not agree with that.
Ofc one could say that would be the easiest thing to do as scum. But since this a jam packed game I doubt scum would be dumb enough to jump prematurely onto a train that did not even started to head into the light.
Eh, there was scum last game that outright said "Hey, I got a PM saying there's a scum chat. Can someone explain that to me?"

So I mean, stranger things have happened.

Sophia

I'm insulted, Bronx. The only time I've ever tunneled you is when I'm town. :p

Give more credit to scum!Sophia.

cabot

then there is cabots who seems to be doubting my ability to be amazings

silly cabot

Check to see how I react me thinks. Do tell me how much you love me.

Waiting for you to prove me wrong.

It feels like he's bouncing back and fourth between "IDGAF ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" mode and "Look I'm a helpful townie!" mode.

Sophia what have you got to say to the people that find you suspicious?

Sorian

Banned

So you town read them because they commented on your case without siding against you? Did I stutter when I said I wanted to hear about others and not you?

CzarTim

Anyone else think it's super weird that Sophia acknowledged someone who commented on my vote and not my actual vote?

Or they know you're town and are getting easy brownie points? Because when does scum start a train at the start of day one and hope it keeps the whole day? Bad logic mate.

Sophia

Sophia what have you got to say to the people that find you suspicious?

Nothing in particular that I haven't already said. If I jumped at everyone who found me suspicious, I'd get nowhere.

Some of them (CzarTim, CCS) I don't have a particular read on. Ty4on I have a slight gut town read, if only because of past experiences.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So you town read them because they commented on your case without siding against you? Did I stutter when I said I wanted to hear about others and not you?
Dude, calm down. Those are the only reads I have right now. Though acohrs is looking pretty fishy to me tbh.

acohrs

Something else to add ? I mean what are your thoughts on several players calling you out acohrs ?

If I was another player watching my actions right now, I would definitely think the same as Sophia or Kyan. I've been all over the place trying to adjust to a very fast paced game, pop mafia was much easier in that regard! However, the reason I've made those mistakes is a desire not to sit back and just coast. Why play, if not to contribute a ton and have fun! So, need to think more about my output but not to decelerate my output that much as I want to mingle!

As for being between IDGAF and trying to help, just how I want to play the game. No particular desire to play one style and haven't played enough to have a style either, so just replying how I feel in the moment.

Kawl_USC

Well that's a whole lot of posts.

Lots of jawing back and forth.

Not gonna try and be a big dick town leader with all these personalities around.

After a quick read of the thread, I'd be fine voting sorian and or Sophia until the next development.

Bronx strikes me as a non issue, achors is all over the place, melon seems slightly suspicious, and fuck Cabot.

And not a single hot take. Do love the lets lynch inactives after less than 18 hours lol.

Never change gaf.

Vote: cabot

As usual busy doing stuff and drinking on the weekend so I'll be less actively involved before like Monday.

Sorian

Banned
I'm aware of the joke but "would vote Sophia or Sorian" and then going cabot instead is already meh enough but how about you show your work, how are you willing to go either way on us two, so far it seems more like an either/or issue.

acohrs

Acorhs seems similar to how he was in Pop to me./QUOTE]

Man we already had a whole game together! I take back calling you honorary scum member in pop mafia.

Bronx strikes me as a non issue, achors is all over the place, melon seems slightly suspicious, and fuck Cabot.

What's worse? I'm all over the place making mistakes, or I'm all over the place and still nobody can spell my surname correctly... :(

Kawl_USC

Acorhs seems similar to how he was in Pop to me./QUOTE]

Man we already had a whole game together! I take back calling you honorary scum member in pop mafia.

What's worse? I'm all over the place making mistakes, or I'm all over the place and still nobody can spell my surname correctly... :(

That's my bad man I should have taken the time to look it up but I'm on mobile which makes it hard. Acohrs. Acohrs. Acohrs. Okay trying to get it into my memory.

Kawl_USC

I'm aware of the joke but "would vote Sophia or Sorian" and then going cabot instead is already meh enough but how about you show your work, how are you willing to go either way on us two, so far it seems more like an either/or issue.

Yea it's a first vote which I don't really give a shit about. I'll have a serious vote by day end but for a weekend day one, that's about all your getting out of me sorry. I like mafia, not enough to take an hour plus to build a case and show shit and multi quote on mobile while I'm at a friend's place and got shit going on. Not going to apologize for that. And it does take that long for me, figuring out cases and shit doesn't really come naturally to me so I gotta bust it out through slow reading and shit. Which I'm totally all about on weekdays. /shrug

Sophia

Well that's a whole lot of posts.

Lots of jawing back and forth.

Not gonna try and be a big dick town leader with all these personalities around.

After a quick read of the thread, I'd be fine voting sorian and or Sophia until the next development.

And not a single hot take. Do love the lets lynch inactives after less than 18 hours lol.

Never change gaf.

Vote: cabot

As usual busy doing stuff and drinking on the weekend so I'll be less actively involved before like Monday.

.... are you fine with it because you know me and Sorian are town?

Vote: Kawl_USC

If you're fine with it, put your vote there.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hmmmm. Sorian is someone I'm going back and forth on.

On one hand, he took a stupid joke I made to start the day with and immediately went "Aha! A classic scumtell!" which sounds like something a (very dumb) scum member would do to start tunneling.

On the other hand, dude has been chomping at the bit just going after anyone and everyone that even might be a suspect in his eyes and it's only D1.

He seems a little too....boisterous to me to be scum, I'd say? Scum usually lurks around the shadows rather than just fire out guns blazing. Sorian reminds me a lot of how Ouro plays town if I'm being honest.

Kawl_USC

.... are you fine with it because you know me and Sorian are town?

Vote: Kawl_USC

If you're fine with it, put your vote there.
I'm fine with it because I find both of your play styles overly centralizing for games (more so sorian) and haven't really had anything sticking out it me enough to override that thus far.

See above about final votes. I'll vote how I please until the end of day one which is all that matters when you get down to it for the first day.

*Splinter

He participated but he said nothing. His post are totally unrelated to the game. It makes more sense leaving your vote than changing it so I'm not fond about your eagerness to unvote.
This post looks very opportunistic to me. Tim questioned acohrs for his easy unvote and fran jumps on the back of it.

*Splinter

The one time I played with Scum!Ty he was a bit more all over the place, versus town Ty who picks at stuff more. It's an early gut read, but one that gives me a slight town feeling from him right now.
Can you give examples of what you mean by him picking at stuff?

It sounds very similar to being "all over the place" to be honest.

*Splinter

Lol this reasoning.

A lot of easy town reads going out at the moment.

acohrs

Hmmmm. Sorian is someone I'm going back and forth on.

On one hand, he took a stupid joke I made to start the day with and immediately went "Aha! A classic scumtell!" which sounds like something a (very dumb) scum member would do to start tunneling.

On the other hand, dude has been chomping at the bit just going after anyone and everyone that even might be a suspect in his eyes and it's only D1.

He seems a little too....boisterous to me to be scum, I'd say? Scum usually lurks around the shadows rather than just fire out guns blazing. Sorian reminds me a lot of how Ouro plays town if I'm being honest.

Granted I don't have much experience, but Saw as mafia in Pop was quite vocal and that worked then, no?

Sophia

Can you give examples of what you mean by him picking at stuff?

It sounds very similar to being "all over the place" to be honest.

Stuff like this:

I find the top one much scummier, bottom much more NAI

Why wouldn't town Bronx do the same?
This feels scummy, but I can't quite rationalize it. Just feels like something scum does.

He picks at little stuff when he's town, but he didn't do that when he was scum. It's still early tho, and meta can change, so you could be right.

franconp

This post looks very opportunistic to me. Tim questioned acohrs for his easy unvote and fran jumps on the back of it.

I didn't have a problem with the unvote, I had a problem with the justification of the unvote. After Tim questioned acohrs about his unvote the reasons he gave sounded wrong. It was not a prod neither a push for more participation. I stated that some post later.

Sawneeks

Banned
Good morning everyone.

Current Vote Count:

natiko (0)
sorian 244 (264)

splinter (1)
melonrabbit 245

sorian (1)
ty4on 246
sophia 323 (477)

melonrabbit (1)
bronx-man 251

sophia (2)
pop-o-matic 253
czartim 364

bronx-man (0)
sorian 264 (453)

cabot (1)
ccs 268 (377)
kawl_usc 471

magnumboy20xx (0)
acohrs 277 (388)

acohrs (1)
natiko 362 (427)
sorian 456

kawl_usc (2)
cabot 370
sophia 477

absolutbro (1)
ccs 377

kawl (1)
acohrs 409

acorhs (0)
sorian 453 (456)

Day 1 Ends in:
gre_1484002800.png

Sorian

Banned
Yea it's a first vote which I don't really give a shit about. I'll have a serious vote by day end but for a weekend day one, that's about all your getting out of me sorry. I like mafia, not enough to take an hour plus to build a case and show shit and multi quote on mobile while I'm at a friend's place and got shit going on. Not going to apologize for that. And it does take that long for me, figuring out cases and shit doesn't really come naturally to me so I gotta bust it out through slow reading and shit. Which I'm totally all about on weekdays. /shrug

You didn't answer or even address my question at all. I'm asking where your initial bullshit of Sophia and I came from. I don't need grand multi quote non sense, I just need something that actually proves you didn't just pick two high profile people at random because let's be honest, it's obvious you did.

Sorian

Banned
I'm fine with it because I find both of your play styles overly centralizing for games (more so sorian) and haven't really had anything sticking out it me enough to override that thus far.

See above about final votes. I'll vote how I please until the end of day one which is all that matters when you get down to it for the first day.

Also we both know this is a lie. The second half, the first is at least something you could conceivably believe.

Kawl_USC

Also we both know this is a lie. The second half, the first is at least something you could conceivably believe.
Firm disagree. I meant both parts of that statement.

You're fine to imagine I just haven't voted yet then. I don't particularly care.

Top Bottom