• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in a Persona 5: Crimson? aka Persona 5: Golden

Realistically, there's not much they could add- them putting in more time/effort than they did for P4 Golden is highly unlikely, and the major content addition of P4G- Marie's dungeon and the extra time leading up to it in February- isn't a thing they could do in P5, since you destroy the Metaverse at the end of the main story. Any major new content would have to be put in the middle of the game, which would require rearranging/compressing everything that happens before/after it, which on top of being a much larger effort would turn it into a drastically different game rather than the same game with extra content on top.

Eylos

Banned
Realistically, there's not much they could add- them putting in more time/effort than they did for P4 Golden is highly unlikely, and the major content addition of P4G- Marie's dungeon and the extra time leading up to it in February- isn't a thing they could do in P5,
since you destroy the Metaverse at the end of the main story
. Any major new content would have to be put in the middle of the game, which would require rearranging/compressing everything that happens before/after it, which on top of being a much larger effort would turn it into a drastically different game rather than the same game with extra content on top.

Well they
destroyed Tokyo metaverse
, probably there's Others, and i feel Like they should do a Schooltrip Quest where you enter a palace there

kennyamr

a male feline MC option.

also same sex relationships.

and more voice lines! lots more :0

and more/better anime cutscenes!

and and...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Okay Futaba, I get it that you mapped the mementos floor. The game doesn't need to bring up a tutorial tier pop up to let me know every time.

Already said this elsewhere, and it could be added with relatively little changes to the game as it is now:
Maybe Atlus should have introduced Haru as part of the reason why you guys can't use school roof as a base any more.

They could have be her usual adorable & apologetic self when you make some small talk with her (similar to how you could encounter Makoto at the library before they let her take over the story). She could also make small talk relevant to current events — and you could have early dialogue options like with the School Newspaper girl.
The dialogue could update with roughly the same frequency

Then as it closes into the time for her to enter the story properly
she can hint at some family stuff, and maybe wish that the P-theives could do something.

Some additional stuff:
- In Futaba's "I should choose my words carefully" dialogue option, there should be a choice for
"because we're family"
- Dramatically increased amounts of voiced dialogue like P4G got.
- Give MC voiced dialogue, they have him talk rarely anyway and they are going to make him talk in the anime so why not just do it anyway. Such a waste of the quality of his VAs as it is now tbh. Even if not all, there are some key emotional scenes where joker says nothing that really highlight the weakness of the silent protagonist formula.
- Better subtitling on the animated cutscenes. Some of this was handled really badly.
- Make Hifumi a party member like originally planned. Can you imagine the hilarious chunni shit we are missing out on that she could be spouting while using her persona? Also her confidant perks make way more sense for someone who is part of the team.
- More side locations / hangout spots (or additional spots for you visit when you post rank 10 with someone?)
- Do some minor stuff to allude to romances after they have been established. Some requests I've seen include having your partner text you more, sit next to you more, hold hands on dates etc. I don't know how feasible these are to retrofit and deal with the "what happened if you are dating multiple partners" scenarios tbh - so i think we'll be waiting for P6 for this. Some additional date locations post rank 10 and being able to see them outside their usual time could be a good compromise though.
- Make the Devil Confidant more useful by having one of her perks be something like recommendations for dialogue choices in demon negotiations. This can tie into her being a reporter and being able to find things out about people or something.
- AoA screen for Futaba if you kill enemies after position hack, seen as it was her who did most of the work for that.
- Higer res textures for the signs in Shibuya train station so you can more easily work out how to get to where you want to go.

More group events. One or two earlier in the game, but particularly in late game / winter. [LATE GAME SPOILERS]
- Hawaii trip was pretty weak as a group event imo. Having Ryuuji lampshading that it "was no better than being at home", doesn't absolve the fact that it was super dry as a group event Atlus. If Hifumi does get included, then a new Hawaii group event (maybe day before last day?) could include her.
- Ideally some slight changes to dates
so you can have Christmas and New Years. The events that happen on xmas eve can happen as normal. You say you need more time, and Sae says something like she "can't delay them any longer than the holidays" and "they'll take action at the beginning of the new year when they know there will be less scrutiny"
. As a bonus, this would give people a few extra days for wrapping up confidants, doing fusions, shopping/inventory stuff etc.
- Some addional events between
February & March.
, would be great to see. E.g. A follow up to
Valentine's Day Massacre, on White Day (Mar 14), maybe buying a gift or something or not and some comedic dialogue there for poor gift choices. Or pleasant date if you only romanced one character.
. And some time to focus on the third years
as March would be their graduation ceremony.
- and the last part could also serve as a meta preparation for
Joker's leaving at the end of the year. Maybe they could use this to dig a little into his life back home to justify why he would want to go back. The above could be done in a velvet room fight your own demons mini-dungeon. This could play out similar to the bonus ep of the P4 anime with Yu's shadow. They could also have Lavenza guide you as an opportunity to give her some more screen time.

Some stuff to remove/alter:
- Ryuuji's instakill perk can be fixed pretty easily by removing it from being active all the time, and instead requiring him to be in the active party.
- Confidants that require level 5 in a skill... then provide you with stats to the same skill as a reward? At least make it another skill or something.
- On days when all you can do is sleep, change it so you can read or watch a DVD. The game could balance/punish this by saying "you fell asleep while _______" and then instead of giving you 2-3 points for that activity, you just get 1-2. The implication being that because you fell alseep while doing it, you weren't able to get the maximum value out of it.
- I don't really expect them to make major changes to any of the confidants, but Ann's could be made better by
removing the TV star bit that goes nowhere and replacing it with the two of you going to visit Shiho in hospital/physiotherapy. This could also be the gateway to a Shiho confidant if they decide to add one.
- I would say tone down some of Makoto's overshadowing of the remainder of the group, but that isn't going to happen. So they could make it less of an issue by having some of the tactical, planning, ideas stuff come from a newly included Hifumi, and some from you as the Leader of the group.

A new Mary Sue protagonist who adds very little to the story, but somehow still becomes a black hole that consumes the game

It could be argued that the game already has this tbh... but yeh the last thing it any persona game needs is another Marie situation.

EDIT: some perks for people who already bought P5,
A save import from vanilla that gives you some minor head start options
- like start with some extra cash
- start at rank 1 or 2 charm/guts/proficiency/kindness/knowledge (or maybe 4 of them a rank one and you can pick one for rank 2?)
- some reasonable stat armour/weapons etcstart at rank 1 for charm). Nothing too good or it will take the fun out of playing again.
- include all the DLC costumes/music/persona etc

Aselith

Some more infiltration tools might be cool but it's a very complete game. I'll take more but what we've got feels like a full package that doesnt really need additions for me.

Maybe clean up the rough spots in the translation work.

javadoze

-Switch version (this is being repeated to hell and back, but a long RPG like this is practically the raison d'etre for the console).

-Some more side events to balance out the prominence of the main plot (I agree that the game's cast is great, but doesn't get nearly enough time as P4's cast to just hang out).

-Hifumi as a party member. I'd love to see how she'd fit into the party dynamic considering her confidant was an enjoyable story)

-FeMC. Though the director already stated this would be too much additional work, I'd still love to see it.

-Polishing up the localization. Goes without saying, despite me thinking it's solid outside of a few awkward instances.

-Finally the endgame.
Some additional time between Palace 7 and the end scenario would give the game some much-needed time to breathe.

vall03

I just fucking want SMTIV fusion system. Powerful search, Compendium fusion, etc. It was a pain having to manually summon from the Compendium then fuse, and it was difficult searching for specific Persona with specific skills.

pablito

FeMC, and hopefully they add anime scenes for her.

Romance option for Yusuke.

Extra scenes showing the cruelty of the other villains. The stories behind them are fine, but show some of it. Kamoshida? Great. Kaneshiro? Barely in the game.

It wouldn't be the worst if they left Morgana as is, but if they wanted to do something about him finding his human form, I'd like to see that. Maybe release MC earlier and having that happen between December and March. Might have to change some story stuff, though. Idk.

I don't expect the bolded to happen, but it's what I want the most. The whole game is good, but it starts so strongly for me and the rest doesn't give me too many moments like that when it could. That's the worst thing about the game for me.

Gonna try to be realistic with my requests here:

1. Seeing a lot of hopes for FemMC. It'd be nice and usually more options is better, but the team showed zero signs of improvements with social links with 1 MC outside of the perks. I'd personally rather have drastically improved social links for one MC opposed to two mediocre sets of social links for two MCs. I can easily see the dev team leaving the current confidants unchanged in favor of FemMC with slightly altered shitty confidants with a different smell. As far as improvements go, maybe have some of your max ranked social links alter a couple of story scenes. Maybe have you and your girlfriend have a special attack or something. Different dialogue inside of safe rooms. A lot needs to be improved and I was just thoroughly unimpressed with the social links this time around.

2. Lala social link. Missed opportunity there. Loved Lala as a character and I wanted to learn more. Just an underused character IMO.

3. Freaking music. More variety. What's there is excellent. Lyn did an outstanding job and I love acid jazz, but no vocal track for day to day life sucked. LeBlanc needed it's own music. School needed its own music. "Life Goes On" should've been played more. The regions (i.e. Yongen Jaya, Shibuya) all could've used their own songs. LOVED Last Surprise, but would've liked an extra battle theme.

4. Shorten the dungeons and add 1-2 more.

5. Bigger areas/cities. Really liked the locations in Persona 5, but they were all kind of small and I feel that Persona 5 being a PS3 game contributed to this. Hopefully the remaster is exclusive to current gen consoles.

6. More team events/bonding

7. EDIT: give me more time! I think Morgana forcing you to sleep is to prevent a max SL run on your first playthrough. Yeah fuck all that. I want more time. I feel the current game pushes you too much toward NG+. Just feels cheap.

It's unfortunate that I have a list this long. Persona 5 was really looking like my dream game at first, but it ended up disappointing me more and more as I progressed. Still loved it overall, but it didn't quite reach the GOAT status for me. The potential is definitely there. Just hoping they bring the heat with a remaster.

English description on materials like newspapers, signs or TV broadcast. I know it's not easy but I loss immersion when I can't read all the signs in Shibuya or Akihabara.

English description on materials like newspapers, signs or TV broadcast. I know it's not easy but I loss immersion when I can't read all the signs in Shibuya or Akihabara.

I get where you are coming from, but it's funny to see you say you lose immersion because the signs in Shibuya are in Japanese

PSqueak

Banned
3. It's about time navigators actually become playable in battle. This game makes it a little bit difficult seeing as Futaba is a NEET, but I'm sure she can get enough exercise to do it.

I think this might have been planned at some point, found pretty weird that Futaba could be equipped armor and had SP and HP.

I don't think previous navigators ever had that.

I'd suggest Optional playable Mishima, it was kinda fucked up how people treated him when you think about him being so crucial to the Phantom thieves and the plot and
How he was one of Kamoshida's victims
, he needs a reward for the shit he went through and what he brought to the team.

I get where you are coming from, but it's funny to see you say you lose immersion because the signs in Shibuya are in Japanese

Yeah hahaha, my immersion was more damaged when the characters spoke about being unable to speak english....in english.

(November spoilers)

Make
Sae Niijima
a party member,
she could just take over Akechi's moveset and fill that void

Make it less obvious that
Akechi isn't sticking around - more skills and a swimsuit costume like everyone else has

Let me date Ryuji or Yusuke already.

Selectable BGM in Mementos, like P3FES added to Tartarus.

Bonus postgame dungeon, again like P3FES.

crtl+f "Switch"...
Switch version
+ Switch version
A Switch version.
FeMC and Switch.
And not only for PS4, also for Switch, One and PC.
Also, I hate to portbeg but Vita or Switch please
Nintendo Switch, and I don't even own one.
Also, try to get this portable. Had a better time playing P3P and P4G than FES thanks to being portable. Either on the Switch or Vita.

Yeah, Vita is impossible by now.
I'll echo what others are saying: I'd absolutely love a Switch release
Also, Becky as a party member and put P5C on the Switch.
Maybe before this year. Nintendo's got the new hot thing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the JP devs who used to show Vita support leaning into the Switch.
A port to Switch.

Persona 5: Crimson
Portbega 5: Coveted

aeolustl

1. Make Ryuji less annoying. I really want to like this character but every time he speaks,I want to punch him in the face.

2. Switch port

3. Includes all DLC

4. Fix localization problems

5. A better school trip. Or at least let us to buy souvenirs at there

MoonFrog

Tbh, I've never played the portable versions of 3 and 4, only FES and OG P4.

Moreover, I don't particularly care for a lot of the changes/additions from the sound of it, in those versions.

I feel similarly about the suggestions in here, often times. For example, I'd be pissed if
Akechi came back. Guy is a) a murderer, b) a would-be murderer of you, c) somehow (unspecified) involved in the murder of Futaba's mom while being the murderer of Haru's dad, and d) drove other people to criminal madness. The damn "oh poor Akechi had daddy issues; he's a young handsome man so my girl heart needs to break over his tragic sacrifice" already annoyed me. Guy was shit and his tragedy was half-baked and dumped on you in an info dump. Really a bad "anime" moment. If they doubled down on that and did rival character is now your character because they also want revenge against real bad guy...my god that would be so dumb.

I also do not think the game is crying out for a FeMC. While I think Persona needs more eligible male material (and less eligible female material), Persona 5 doesn't have it. (I think they need that for more than just FeMC. I really think they could do with more than just 1 male friend and one wildcard male that's more badass). If they did that, they should put the work into making new social links, I think. Definitely don't want them just to make everyone bi and have it be straight guy's lesbian dream palace. Nor do I think they would.

One thing I would like is more "investigation" time, for requests and the stories. I'd like to have to move around Tokyo more and not just have prolonged losses of control and requests via text. Setting took some hits this way.

Still, I would like this game on Switch. I'd have rather had it on Switch this time around and it wouldn't have suffered for it, in terms of performance.

JBwB

-More team hangout events (events similar to something like the Ski trip & Hot spring sleepover in P4G)
-More refinements to localization
-More voiced lines in general
-FeMC for those who want it

That's all I can think of the moment.

aett

Most of the stuff I want has been mentioned, so I'm going to try to say something original:

The Sunday shopping show! What the hell was up with that? There were numerous Sundays in which you were able to access either the TV upstairs or downstairs (if not both) but there was no shopping show. I remember there being days in P4 in which they didn't want you to buy anything (for some reason), but they would still have the show on the air, but the item would already be sold out. Even that would be better than just seeing the news on TV with no mention of the weekly show.

And the items themselves were pretty lackluster. Seemed to be all accessories or large quantities of low-quality items (sodas and such). I liked it in P3 and 4 when you would see a new weapon for a character, but it would be expensive and you had to decide if it would be worth ordering or not.

pbayne

Where would they fit Hifumi in to the team. I think she has too much overlap with the existing characters.

Can't be the strategist cause that's Makoto.
Shunned for her looks-too similar to Ann.
And the weirdo quotas already filled by Yuuske and Futaba.

Aside from what everyone else already said. We need more cameos of previous persona chars.

Mitsuru and her shadow ops would so notice what's going on. Naoto should have caught wind of the psychotic breakdowns. Rookie cop akihito should be in the force helping sae or something. Junpei should pop up at the batting cages. Ann should bump into yukari due to modelling job. Have nanakos class show up for a school trip to the city. Have Elizabeth show up for some random reason.

As i said before Vita is still getting ps3 and ps4 ports/multis and all the ports are expanded/better versions, not just P4G, Vita is easy for good PS3/4 ports, Persona is mostly a Playstation brand and Vita's userbase is still bigger than the one of Switch.

If you look at the actual situation(obviously the more the time passes the better is for Switch) with neutral eyes you would see that Vita is still the better choice for now.

EDIT:
also let's not rule out the possibility of a Playstation exclusivity deal with Sony.

If you look at the actual situation, you'd realise that's an incredibly shortsighted thing to say. If P5 Crimson happens it'll either be A)PS4 DLC, B) PS4 retail release, C) A switch game, or some combination of the above.

No company is going to waste a high profile release on a vita exclusive, when it has the potential to easily be another million+ seller on other consoles that are very much more healthy than it, and dreaming up a exclusivity deal isn't going to convince anyone. I have a vita (as always, you can feel free to check my playstation profile, same as my gaf name), but to expect anything like a P5 remake now on it is nothing short of delusional.

Aside from what everyone else already said. We need more cameos of previous persona chars.

Mitsuru and her shadow ops would so notice what's going on. Naoto should have caught wind of the psychotic breakdowns. Rookie cop akihito should be in the force helping sae or something. Junpei should pop up at the batting cages. Ann should bump into yukari due to modelling job. Have nanakos class show up for a school trip to the city. Have Elizabeth show up for some random reason.

Nah, leave that stuff to the almost inevitable spin offs, given the recent URL purchases

kromeo

There were obvious reasons why P4G didn't get a console version, I don't think there's any reason to believe a potential updated version of 5 would be Switch exclusive

I'm not very far into the story, but less restrictive nights.

I'm not sure why on day off of school (so far anyway or sure if it opens up) you wake up after school and evening. I only have 2 activities on a off day?

I mean I slept in on my off days but never 3 or 4 pm >.>

Why would Persona 5: Crimson be acceptable? How do you think the early adopters feel, or the ones that beat it already? I've sunk 120 hours into this game and I'd hate to see a superior version of this come out (thus concluding that I'd have wasted 120 hours on an inferior product).

I'd rather this rumored "Crimson" thing be an anime to be honest.

Why would Persona 5: Crimson be acceptable? How do you think the early adopters feel, or the ones that beat it already? I've sunk 120 hours into this game and I'd hate to see a superior version of this come out (thus concluding that I'd have wasted 120 hours on an inferior product).

I'd rather this rumored "Crimson" thing be an anime to be honest.

... Welcome to Persona?

Ploid 3.0

It's already on two platforms, I doubt there's a need for a Crimson version. If anything they could just update the PS4 version with DLC. Keep people from selling their copies after they've exhausted all replay from it. Sort of like Square with FFXV.

Top Bottom