• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

I see someone saving their scumbuddy on the last possible moment, so I vote.

VOTE: Swamped

Also, two birds in one stone and all that. If Swamped is scum, good chance that Palmer is too.

Also I thought this was role madness. I'm vanilla. You're vanilla. Everyone's vanilla. No one's a darn, sweet, pineapple.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Swamped (2)
LaunchpadMcQ 650
Lifeline 657 748
isaacnukem 851 855
isaacnukem 855

Blargonaut (1)
Palmer_v1 778

Palmer_v1 (1)
Blargonaut 849

BlackBuzzard (1)
Dr. Worm 640
SkyOdin 708 791

isaacnukem (1)
hey_monkey 858

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
Lifeline 748

Burbeting (1)
Darryl 697

Dr. Worm (0): Palmer_v1 659 778

No active vote for Day 2: 30yearsofhurt, acohrs, BlackBuzzard, Burbeting, Natiko, oreomunsta, Sawneeks, SkyOdin (has previously voted), StanleyPalmtree, Swamped, WhereAreMahDragonz

Day 2 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 5, acohrs 0, BlackBuzzard 13, Blargonaut 2, Burbeting 0, Darryl 10, Dr. Worm 14, hey_monkey 30, isaacnukem 2, Lifeline 29, LaunchpadMcQ 11, Natiko 4, oreomunsta 1, Palmer_v1 29, Sawneeks 4, SkyOdin 24, StanleyPalmtree 6, Swamped 10, WhereAreMahDragonz 23

Day 2 ends:
cya_1495659600.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

No because i have a damn theory!

I got it!

Every role starts with THE but Dragons claims hers starts with that. Life can you tell me if yours starts with THE

I am THE little NBSP ceasars pizza fan

and i am alligned with THE town.

Also Sexy's role started with THE not that.

Mine starts with That, what about you Dragonz and Palmer?

So is their any significance to role names starting with The or That or is it just random flavor?

can you just give us your flavor paraphrased we know your town.

I'm guessing there's a paraphrase in WAMD's

it doesn't matter - if this is actually a thing, Sophia would've informed all of the mafia about it being a thing, as to not do so would be considered bastard. it's why there's always a town Role PM in the first post and cover roles given to mafia - the point of the game is information misalignment between town and mafia in the mafia's favor

Man, you guys are reading too much into the flavor, and honestly it's boring me

I think it's interesting, what about you swamped? You don't have to tell us your role but does it start with The or That?

The

Honestly have no idea how this is helpful. Imagine you are creating a mafia game. It's highly unlikely that you'll go "Oooo Mafia flavour names should start with The and Town should start with That!". I think we are wasting time, and there are several things I would rather discuss:

1. Is it possible that one of Palmer, Dragonz or BB are lying? And not based on their flavor, but based on the reactions to Palmer's claim, or Natiko's suspicion.

2. Why did Oreo and Sky vote for each other on D1, and give terrible reasoning for them?

3. Where is Burbeting, and why are we not getting the quality town posts we usually get?

3Upzvxz.gif

lives in a pineapple under "THE" sea. Coincidence?

My justification for the Palmer vote was sprinkled throughout the day in how I mentioned being mildly concerned about it based on something that was not due to a role. I would assume the context of my question at day end would give it away, but to be perfectly clear my concern was due to the role name. For instance, mine is designed like Words Words Words (Words Words Words). WAMD claimed vanilla with a name that was structured similarly. That was enough to push my concerns up a notch so that's where I voted.

Mine does not start with either.

Are you seriously using the fucking formatting of your role for scum hunting? This is exactly why quoting them directly is not allowed. It's Sorian style bullshit going against the spirit of the game.

In my seven games on Gafia I have never seen someone warned by a mod for stating their role name or their role. It is only if you quote the full flavor or the entire guidelines of your role that it has been an issue. Maybe you should take a deep breath before you act like an asshole.

I tried this shit my first game, too, but no need to drag poor Sorian's name through the mud.

Look, guys, talking about formatting and flavor is a waste of time. Take it from someone with a unique role title, it's not worth trying to speculate on. The mafia also have a list of role names to pull from that do not correspond to other players. This is a waste of precious discussion time.

Agreed.

On that note, I think you have derailed us enough with this line of discussion Black Buzzard. I am still waiting on hearing more of your role claim. You can at least summarize the flavor, I don't give a damn about the specific phrasing.

I am THAT PERSON WHO ONLY EATS FROZEN PIZZA (because they're broke)

Flavor has to deal with me liking pizza, but I can only afford the really shitty frozen kind from Kroeger that never heats up all the way.

I'm vanilla. Again. For the second time in a row. Which is why I was interested in Palmer's claim that there may only be one vanilla. Also I'm kinda bored with being vanilla again, tbh, which is why I'm not as fluffy this time around.

How are you not modkilled????///?????///////////////////////////////////////

*snip*

I don't know what to think about these two claims. The fact that they waited so long makes it extremely suspicious to me. I knew there was a chance I was wrong which is why I asked for counter claims. You guys royally fucked Day 1 for me.

I'm starting to wonder if this is truly role madness or not. 3 vanillas? I obviously did not expect that to be possible, so I'm inclined to think there's some bullshit going on. I'd lynch BB before WAMD though.

I also feel like we'd catch a few scum by just voting down the list of people who had votes on me. They saw a chance at a bandwagon and went for it when I wasn't around to defend myself. Does anyone really think Scum Palmer would do anything I did yesterday, or let myself come so close to a lynch?

w8DP5Fq.gif

I said this in Anime and nobody listed, but if you see my flip, remember every single person who has voted for me.

xsC1Gao.gif

Aside from that, where the fuck is Burb. No vote is some bullshit, and it really feels like he's skating.

UA3STgT.gif

*snip*

Blargonaut: in light of <DEVELOPMENTS>, would you change your read partner assignments?--

*snip*

...!

Thusly, I propose the following "read team" pairings:

Darryl & Dr. Worm --> responsible for providing reads on: SkyOdin, BlackBuzzard
MoonkidLaunchpadMcQ & Swamped --> responsible for providing reads on: Palmer_v1, acohrs
Palmer_v1 & StanleyPalmtree --> responsible for providing reads on: WhereAreMahDragonz, isaacnukem
acohrs & WhereAreMahDragonz --> responsible for providing reads on: Darryl, Lifeline
Lifeline & Sawneeks --> responsible for providing reads on: Natiko, oreomunsta
Burbeting & oreomunsta --> responsible for providing reads on: Swamped, Blargonaut
BlackBuzzard & isaacnukem --> responsible for providing reads on: Burbeting, 30yearsofhurt
Natiko & SkyOdin --> responsible for providing reads on: Sawneeks, MoonkidLaunchpadMcQ
hey_monkey & 30yearsofhurt --> responsible for providing reads on: SexyFish, StanleyPalmtree
Blargonaut & SexyFish --> responsible for providing reads on: Dr. Worm, hey_monkey

YwxMe9B.gif

no

*snip*

--Would you continue that plan?--

*snip*

and yes I would, if I were everyone else

*snip*

--Now only you are responsible for reads on me and Dr. Worm, with SF dead, and 30 and I only have one person to read.--

*snip*

Monopoly!

*snip*

--Would you be more inclined to trust Lifeline’s reads?

*snip*

of course, he's Town now

Lifeline

Recruited to the real Town, yes

I was always Town.

Also I'm willing to join both Swamped and Dragonz bandwagons if anyone wants to do either.

Also I think Issac is neutral that has to get Palmer lynched, they kind of admitted it at the end of Day 1 when they thought Palmer was gonna be lynched.

I was always Town.

Also I'm willing to join both Swamped and Dragonz bandwagons if anyone wants to do either.

Also I think Issac is neutral that has to get Palmer lynched, they kind of admitted it at the end of Day 1 when they thought Palmer was gonna be lynched.

Damn yo can we chill with the bandwagons and turbos

How do we know that? We've been told role madness but what does that really mean in this case though? Sophia said it was on the milder scale of role madness.

Probability. 4 out of 19 people came forward as vanilla. Is that a realistic number? Personally, I don't think so. I think several vanillas haven't roleclaimed, and thinking that, 4 seems like a high number.

Also, I'd like to point out, claiming vanilla even if you actually are is against town's best interest. From a gameplay perspective, if you claim vanilla and mafia believes you, they won't night kill you and try to target people they're unsure of first. Vanilla, for better or worse, needs to be fodder so that power roles can do their things without getting killed. So, I'd like to halt anyone else who thinks it's harmless to role claim if they're vanilla. Don't do it.

I was always Town.

dude we get it already, you dont need to keep repeating yourself.

I'm sure I don't have to point out one of these vanillas is lying...

oh i dont doubt it, now if you could just point out which one that would be swell.
i mean i have already figured it out of course,
i just want to see if you have too.

Just realized we never got SexyFishies Will, are those still a thing this game?

its entirely up to the dead person,
and since nothing truly important can be said in them people usually only go for some silly joke anyway.

Swamped

Banned

I doubt it but I suppose it's possible. If he were though, we didn't he vote for Palmer again today, especially given he could have easily joined Blarg's vote.

Blarg, you've insisted on Palmer for two days now. Can you elaborate?

My scummy list in the order I would lynch them:

Blargonaut
Burbeting
Natiko
isaacnukem
StanleyPalmtree
Dr. Worm

Vote: Blargonaut

4 of these are people who voted you on D1. You think the scum team would have all piled on you? If so, why? Why not just NK you if they thought you were a threat?

Probability. 4 out of 19 people came forward as vanilla. Is that a realistic number? Personally, I don't think so. I think several vanillas haven't roleclaimed, and thinking that, 4 seems like a high number.

Also, I'd like to point out, claiming vanilla even if you actually are is against town's best interest. From a gameplay perspective, if you claim vanilla and mafia believes you, they won't night kill you and try to target people they're unsure of first. Vanilla, for better or worse, needs to be fodder so that power roles can do their things without getting killed. So, I'd like to halt anyone else who thinks it's harmless to role claim if they're vanilla. Don't do it.

LaunchpadMcQ is correct.

Palmer_v1

I doubt it but I suppose it's possible. If he were though, we didn't he vote for Palmer again today, especially given he could have easily joined Blarg's vote.

Blarg, you've insisted on Palmer for two days now. Can you elaborate?

4 of these are people who voted you on D1. You think the scum team would have all piled on you? If so, why? Why not just NK you if they thought you were a threat?

I've said that I'm probably wrong about some of them, but it's no great loss based on how they're playing anyway. Launchpad is the only person who is accusing me that is at least trying to play the game.

Seriously guys, what did we talk about D1 in regards to coasting players? Did everyone fucking forget?

Palmer_v1

Can I also point out the immediate logical inconsistencies in blarg's posts? He seems to be voting me because it's harmful for ordinary townies to claim.

So he's voting for someone he thinks is town by that logic.

Second, why is he dodging wamd and BB? Their claims were far more suspicious based on the timing.

Second, why is he dodging wamd and BB? Their claims were far more suspicious based on the timing.

I think that's a matter of perspective. They were at least coerced; you were not. Following my same train of logic, claiming vanilla when you're not being pushed in any way is an anti-town act. I'd like to discuss why you thought it was a good idea. Even if you really were town, don't you think that was an extremely selfish move?

Looking back at your reasoning, it comes down to a high estimation of your own abilities and "fuck it".

Top Bottom