• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Darryl

Banned
It almost feels like you have no idea what's going on in this game

Maybe there's something I'm missing. Are you claiming that you're a vanilla town? With messages like this out in the wild:

That will be dependent on my discretion and the direction the game takes...

Though I'm at the verge of opening the can of worms just to get some life out of this game, even though it may hurt town. It will definitely help scum, unfortunately.

Like what even is this? It will "definitely" help scum? No, not really - it's debate-able. This line of thinking is so insulated that it just feels scummy to me. If you're town, why would you just assume that mafia is ever going to trust your vanilla claim anyways? People who claim vanilla when they're not under duress are lying almost always.

I don't understand. Like, we have been leading our collective lynch brains around the idea of being vanilla the entire game and you treat it like some personal secret dependent on your discretion. Oh, but BlackBuzzard got lynched yesterday and fuel to the fire behind his lynch was that he claimed vanilla, and we had thought at that point that vanilla was a scum claim because of Swamped. We would have given BlackBuzzard a closer look if we had that information, but you didn't tell us and let us chase the trail, and afterwards told us gems like this:

As for BB, I raised hesitation and doubts several times, but I didn't move my vote because no one had said anything worth moving my vote off of him for.

You had hesitation and doubts! You could have given the rest of town hesitation and doubts as well by sharing your super secret vanilla role claim, which would have normalized it to the rest of the group

Quack said:
No one said anything! Remove the responsibility from me, everybody! Even though I could have single-handedly changed people's opinion of him by revealing that I am also a vanilla town and that being vanilla town is normal in this game setup!

No, only after it's revealed that there are actually vanilla townies do you decide to reveal this.

SkyOdin

Stan the man:

Day 1:
- Played Blarg's sick game and read people
- Called WAMD a townie lean
- Said little to nothing about Palmer, but voted for him anyway.
- Who else voted for Palmer? Blargonaut the scum lord.
- Did not remove vote for Day 1.

Day 2:
- Defended scum kween Swamped for tieing the game
- Was against a mass role claim, flipped flopped on Palmer
- Leaned scum on Acohrs and town on Dr. Worm
- Vere calls out Stan. Vere is brutally murdered. Coincidence?
- Stan votes for Acohrs. Possibly to save Scummy Swamp from being lynched.
- Who else votes for Acohrs? Blargonaut the scum astronaut.

His justification for the Acohrs vote?

- I agree Stan, not a coincidence.

Day 3:
- Came in ready to murder Blarg.
- Reaffirms how sure he is that he wants to lynch Blarg
- Mentions that Blarg is most likely Scum
- Lowkey defends Blarg.
- Lowkey buys Blarg's story, says it makes "sense"
- Continues to say he thinks Blarg is scum
- Says he's not going to vote Blarg because he wants to get Blarg's story straight
- Defends Blarg's story one last time
- Says he will vote for Blarg, says "pretty set on a blag lynch"
- Doesn't vote for Blarg and runs away

Day 4:
- Hammered townie BB.
Hmmm, not a bad find. I really do need to reread Stanley's contributions now.

at this point i think i more or less believe launch.

still totally down for a NS lynch.

Stan
- Kinda inactive
- "Defended" Blarg after his redcheck, I mean who would do that?
- Said he strongly thought Blarg was scum, but didn't actually vote for him
- Lives in suspicious country, is it even a real place?
- Same avatar as scum king.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

its Egg of the King.
the actual king its either a hawk anime batman thing, or a giant spiral heart kinda thing.
learn the lore

Lifeline, please do not stop pushing for me, really, go all out, i honestly dare you.
i will find it so goddamn hilarious, it will be a glorious cherry on the top of your mountain of abysmal failures.

]Hmmm, not a bad find.[/B] I really do need to reread Stanley's contributions now.

oh come on sky, your smarter than that.

ugh, kinda messed that up. was supposed to have the "not a bad find" part bolded, didnt really mean anything regarding the re-read, go nuts with that, it certainly wont take you long.

SkyOdin

oh come on sky, your smarter than that.
Give me some credit, all I said is that I will double-check old posts myself so I can make my own decision. Still, as crazy as Lifeline's antics are, I don't think he has been recruited by scum, nor do I believe he is trying to throw the game.

Stanley, what do you think of Darryl's opinions? You believe Launch is town, but what do you think of Darryl's arguments to the contrary?

Give me some credit, all I said is that I will double-check old posts myself so I can make my own decision. Still, as crazy as Lifeline's antics are, I don't think he has been recruited by scum, nor do I believe he is trying to throw the game.

Stanley, what do you think of Darryl's opinions? You believe Launch is town, but what do you think of Darryl's arguments to the contrary?

i think darryl is getting carried away in thinking that a bad play is nessisarily a scummy play.

i dont agree with what launch did, i think it ultimately has just muddyied the waters far more that it helped, but i see his logic and how he as town could have thought it was a the right call at the time.

Already said as much but am inclined to agree somewhat with Stan here. If it was earlier in the game and we knew a bit less, I might be more inclined to lynch and who knows, maybe we do need to, but I don't think it was necessarily scummy. If NS flipped scum, maybe. And it moved Launch up my list to be sure but he's not my number one pick.

Stan, you said you're still inclined for the NS lynch. What did you think of scum gunning for him, though? Why'd they park votes there?

Already said as much but am inclined to agree somewhat with Stan here. If it was earlier in the game and we knew a bit less, I might be more inclined to lynch and who knows, maybe we do need to, but I don't think it was necessarily scummy. If NS flipped scum, maybe. And it moved Launch up my list to be sure but he's not my number one pick.

Stan, you said you're still inclined for the NS lynch. What did you think of scum gunning for him, though? Why'd they park votes there?

i imagine the same reason scum would ever vote for one of their own.
being so proactively useless all game would have made his lynch look pretty inevitable, getting on him early like that could easily have been an attempt to salvage whatever good they can from him going down.

acohrs

e75.jpg

Mafia was a mistake

acohrs

LL finally jumping the shark, launch breadcrumbing vanilla, NS being NS,...

Unsure about a lifeline lynch, feels like a trap, confused about the mod confirming them as town and now playing up their scum angle. Feels like another of LLs habits but if scum then why is he throwing away the game?

Launch being vanilla I'm meh to, knew Palmer was wrong earlier and think that the lynch of B&B showed that just a vanilla lynch policy probably isn't the way to go, although I wanted their lynch for other reasons.

NS, wat?

Down for a Darryl lynch actually, think it's telling how Darryl came out to ride the launch train. Feels like opportune scum

Stan is making me return to my leanscum vibe on him.

For now though:

vote: darryl

Dr. Worm

Banned
timetokill and isaacnukem should at least claim role names if not their roles

I suppose I can reveal. I'm a town backup. Who I am backing up, nobody knows. I'm the Greek pizza lover

I've been mulling this claim over since it was made, and I still don't know why it was made

I disagree with your assessment on Launch, but I'm not yet at the point where I would vote you - I still think you're pretty town

Dr. Worm, you are a rather odd choice for a target.

As for the impending shake up I alluded to, I was like 60% convinced that Dr. Worm was vanilla town and that he might be targeted.

These two statements seem contradictory, unless I'm missing something

Lifeline

Lifeline, please do not stop pushing for me, really, go all out, i honestly dare you.
i will find it so goddamn hilarious, it will be a glorious cherry on the top of your mountain of abysmal failures.

Lifeline: gotten 0 towns lynched
Stanley: Voted alongside now known scum and hammered poor BB to death.

Lifeline > Tree

Maybe there's something I'm missing. Are you claiming that you're a vanilla town? With messages like this out in the wild:

Like what even is this? It will "definitely" help scum? No, not really - it's debate-able. This line of thinking is so insulated that it just feels scummy to me. If you're town, why would you just assume that mafia is ever going to trust your vanilla claim anyways? People who claim vanilla when they're not under duress are lying almost always.

I don't understand. Like, we have been leading our collective lynch brains around the idea of being vanilla the entire game and you treat it like some personal secret dependent on your discretion. Oh, but BlackBuzzard got lynched yesterday and fuel to the fire behind his lynch was that he claimed vanilla, and we had thought at that point that vanilla was a scum claim because of Swamped. We would have given BlackBuzzard a closer look if we had that information, but you didn't tell us and let us chase the trail, and afterwards told us gems like this:

You had hesitation and doubts! You could have given the rest of town hesitation and doubts as well by sharing your super secret vanilla role claim, which would have normalized it to the rest of the group

No, only after it's revealed that there are actually vanilla townies do you decide to reveal this.

Isn't helping scum exactly what's happening? The town is turning on a town player. The scum will definitely keep me alive now to cast further doubt on me and now i'm a known quantity to them, so they will target unclaimed players that possibly have a PR.

Also, neither of us is going to sit here and pretend like claiming last phase or the one before would have been a good play either. You know what town's reaction would have been? "oh god another vanilla, someone is lying, let's lynch one of them" or "really launch you couldn't have come up with a better fake claim? lynch this fool." Fact of the matter is, trying to argue that claiming sooner was the best play is a fool's game.

We lynched BB on his suspiciousness, mostly. I don't think my claim last phase would have added anything but confusion, but now you know why I was pushing a vanilla lynch.

You cut off the part in the first quote where I said "so soon". Discussing a possibility or that something will happen doesn't mean that I expected it's going to happen immediately.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Day 5 votes

dr. worm (1)
timetokill 3565

nomadic sparks (1)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614

timetokill (2)
dr. worm 3633
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691

launchpadmcq (2)
skyodin 3700
nomadic sparks 3701 (3752)
darryl 3751

lifeline (1)
nomadic sparks 3752
hey_monkey 3775 3784

stanleypalmtree (1)
lifeline 3762

darryl (1)
acohrs 3812

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

Reminder: Starting from Night 5, we will be speeding up the pace of the game. Nights will be 24 hours long, and Days will be 48 hours long.

This is not me committing to a vote, but anyone who tries to make a mountain out of a molehill like this is suspicious to me. hey_monkey's frustration seems genuine and I trusted her before, but Darryl's reaction is suspect.

acohrs

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (1)
timetokill 3565

nomadic sparks (1)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614

timetokill (2)
dr. worm 3633
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691

launchpadmcq (2)
skyodin 3700
darryl 3751

lifeline (1)
nomadic sparks 3752
hey_monkey 3775 3784

stanleypalmtree (1)
lifeline 3762

darryl (1)
acohrs 3812

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

Reminder: Starting from Night 5, we will be speeding up the pace of the game. Nights will be 24 hours long, and Days will be 48 hours long.

...promoted to gamerunner Dr?

Palmer_v1

Ignoring it and sticking with TTK. I feel like the issue is we have several town who are actively throwing the game. Or they're just really fucking bad at mafia.

Also fairly aggravated by more vanilla claims but I have no idea what to do about that. Even based on what we know to be fact, this game is wildly outside what I consider role madness. So far, majority of roles are somewhat passive or limited in useage.

Far as I can tell, we've only had two useful roles. You and burb. That's abysmal. We're only winning because scum made some incomprehensible bad choices as well.

every single time I order the 2 medium 2 topping pizzas from dominos it's always beef + pineapple.

for this current Ramadan last week I switched it up and....got marinara and & garlic sauces instead of the usual. but you can bet your ass there was still beef & pineapple on top.

Looking back at Day 1 - the votes on WAMD, Swamped-gate, the off-wagon from 30yearsofhurt, and behavior - yeah, I'm leaving towards TTK, as well.

Palmer said scum has taken incomprehensible actions, but I am still puzzled as to why Swamped changed her vote from one town to another... there has to be a reason. :/

And at this point I worry we won't win because we have too many shenanigans afoot.

You're right. I'm feeling like there are too many uncertainties. I felt more sure of things earlier in the game.

Sophia

time to kill? what are talkin about here?

We're playing a game of Mafia here, themed after Pizza. Please try and be respectful of those who are playing, thanks!

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (1)
timetokill 3565

nomadic sparks (1)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614

timetokill (4)
dr. worm 3633
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691
hey_monkey 3826
launchpadmcq 3828

launchpadmcq (2)
skyodin 3700
darryl 3751

lifeline (1)
nomadic sparks 3752
hey_monkey 3775 (3784)

stanleypalmtree (1)
lifeline 3762

darryl (1)
acohrs 3812

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

We're playing a game of Mafia here, themed after Pizza. Please try and be respectful of those who are playing, thanks!

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (1)
timetokill 3565

nomadic sparks (1)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614

timetokill (4)
dr. worm 3633
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691
hey_monkey 3826
launchpadmcq 3828

launchpadmcq (2)
skyodin 3700
darryl 3751

lifeline (1)
nomadic sparks 3752
hey_monkey 3775 (3784)

stanleypalmtree (1)
lifeline 3762

darryl (1)
acohrs 3812

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

ohhhh I see, thanks for the explanation. maybe next time

UNVOTE

yeah, don't want to give someone the opportunity to hammer... especially since the rest of these people just show up and aren't around to change their vote if something happens

Dr. Worm

Banned
I realized something overnight. We need to test the vanilla claims. Something will happen that shakes things up in the next few phases, and the sooner we weed out the vanilla claims, the better off town will be. Trust me on this.

you were right, but not in the way you expected, it would seem

Well shit. That's neutral isn't it? So while I'm not averse to giving ttk a winnjf we also win, means her flip wouldn't tell us much, right? Unless it's a ploy to get to change our minds and not lynch?

Palmer_v1

Well shit. That's neutral isn't it? So while I'm not averse to giving ttk a winnjf we also win, means her flip wouldn't tell us much, right? Unless it's a ploy to get to change our minds and not lynch?

I wasn't serious about Tanner. I was impugning their quality of play.

Darryl

Banned
timetokill and isaacnukem should at least claim role names if not their roles

I've been mulling this claim over since it was made, and I still don't know why it was made

I disagree with your assessment on Launch, but I'm not yet at the point where I would vote you - I still think you're pretty town

My role is pretty much useless. Town backups are for when a PR dies early. The PR isn't dead. The game will be over or I will be dead before my role activates more than likely, so it's basically safe. I revealed it because it puts the odds of a doctor as higher, and lowers the odds of a commuter imo. The problem is Nomadic Sparks is basically useless in helping me with this line of thinking, because it isn't obvious what role they have at all.

Top Bottom