• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

The more I look at the voting record that hey_monkey was kind enough to compile, the more I can't shake a feeling that something is off about your voting record, Launchpad.

Your voted early on both Swamped and Blargonaut, but you didn't consistently keep your vote on them. Once votes started piling up on the two though, you had a tendency to back off, and move back and forth between different targets. Ultimately, you settled on a final vote on both of them, but only near the end when it was all but certain that they were going to be lynched.

In contrast, your vote on BlackBuzzard was simple: you were one of the first votes on BB and kept your vote there the entire day phase. No hesitation or doubt this time.

On top of that, your votes were right alingside Blarg's in trying to push a Palmer lynch on Day 2 to get heat off of Swamped. Some of your votes and unvotes were close enough in time with Blarg's on day 2 to look coordinated.

Furthermore, this entire game you have been acting in a contradictory manner. For example, when Nomadic Sparks made his claim, you professed to understanding what he was hinting at and confidently told him to "say no more". Then you later claim to have no idea what he is thinking. You had similar weird and contradictory reactions to my role claim. You then warn of some serious impending shakeup to the game, but then back down and claim your worries are unfounded. In other words, you are going past breadcrumbing and practically shouting that you have some powerful and important role or knowledge that is important to town, but you have yet to make any actual claim or produce any specific information.

To be frank, I feel something scummy about your votes and behavior.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

Unvote: acohrs

Solid reasoning in the above post

Launch has been very contradictory at times, hinting at things, making weird analysis, stuff that doesn't make sense. I hadn't noticed the votes, though. Those are good catches.

But all of this for sure:
Furthermore, this entire game you have been acting in a contradictory manner. For example, when Nomadic Sparks made his claim, you professed to understanding what he was hinting at and confidently told him to "say no more". Then you later claim to have no idea what he is thinking. You had similar weird and contradictory reactions to my role claim. You then warn of some serious impending shakeup to the game, but then back down and claim your worries are unfounded. In other words, you are going past breadcrumbing and practically shouting that you have some powerful and important role or knowledge that is important to town, but you have yet to make any actual claim or produce any specific information.

So we have two strong candidates today.

I'm the prince of inconsistency but Launch is straight up hot nonsense

I'm CALLING YOU OUT BREH

Oh, and Launch is currently on NS as a vote after the whole no, no, your claim is good - and after doing the look over the old votes with scum pushing acohrs or NS over scum, that vote looks particularly suspicious.

The more I look at the voting record that hey_monkey was kind enough to compile, the more I can't shake a feeling that something is off about your voting record, Launchpad.

Your voted early on both Swamped and Blargonaut, but you didn't consistently keep your vote on them. Once votes started piling up on the two though, you had a tendency to back off, and move back and forth between different targets. Ultimately, you settled on a final vote on both of them, but only near the end when it was all but certain that they were going to be lynched.

In contrast, your vote on BlackBuzzard was simple: you were one of the first votes on BB and kept your vote there the entire day phase. No hesitation or doubt this time.

On top of that, your votes were right alingside Blarg's in trying to push a Palmer lynch on Day 2 to get heat off of Swamped. Some of your votes and unvotes were close enough in time with Blarg's on day 2 to look coordinated.

Ok, SkyOdin, I will give you some answers. Let me address your concerns first. FYI, everything I'm about to say, you can check with actual posts I've made.

I was on Swamped for the majority of D1, until it looked like things were taking another direction. I thought Palmer was acting very belligerently, so I was willing to move my vote to him. Then he started making sense, so I switched my vote to TTK, but when that wasn't gaining any traction, I went with Swamped because I was more comfortable with that vote. Blarg, I was on board with since I read hey_monkey's post. I came off because we were heading towards a turbo and I hadn't even had a chance to catch up; your assertions on me in this regard are bogus.

As for BB, I raised hesitation and doubts several times, but I didn't move my vote because no one had said anything worth moving my vote off of him for.

I have no explanation for this, but I was buying what Blarg was selling at the time. Mostly, I was coming from the angle of acohrs did not look that guilty at the time.

You need to reread the Nomadic interaction. I eased off of him for a few minutes until I realized his bullshit didn't make any sense, but there was no way we were going to get an answer based on his posting patterns.

The fact of the matter is, I actually listen when people say things and I react to them, probably more than I should, but I do so in earnest

As for the impending shake up I alluded to, I was like 60% convinced that Dr. Worm was vanilla town and that he might be targeted. If that happened, then doubt would be cast in Palmer, BB, and acohrs directions and we'd be down to discussing that. Dwindling down the pool of players with vanilla claims would be in our best interest because if Dr. Worm flipped vanilla town, we'd immediately think that there's no way all those three guys are vanilla, as well, so we'd go to discuss that for awhile; I was trying to minimized the discussion.

There's another piece to this, though. I've been trying to get myself NK since the day I came in, because I actually am vanilla town, and I was hoping that either Dr. Worm or myself were killed after BB, Palmer, or acohrs so we could catch the one in this group that was lying. However, it seems that mafia has decided that there were higher priority targets, even though I've been town-read by a lot of people for the majority of the game up until now. Given the nature of the role claims in this day phase, and that Dr. Worm is not a vanilla, I've been trying to figure out a way to come forward about this since other players will likely be targeted instead of me going forward, regardless of me roleclaiming or not. Plus, now that I'm actually looking scummy, it's looking far less likely.

So, there. All cards on the table.

Unvote: acohrs

Solid reasoning in the above post

P.S. Nomadic still owes us explanations and I think he should be lynched regardless of whether he's the doctor or not because he keeps dodging around explaining himself.

Sophia

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (1)
timetokill 3565

nomadic sparks (2)
launchpadmcq 3589
stanleypalmtree 3614

timetokill (3)
dr. worm 3633
hey_monkey 3634
palmer_v1 3691

launchpadmcq (2)
skyodin 3700
nomadic sparks 3701

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

Reminder: Starting from Night 5, we will be speeding up the pace of the game. Nights will be 24 hours long, and Days will be 48 hours long.

ALSO, I was intending to move my vote to TTK, but since majority is 7 and I didn't want to tease the turbo, I hadn't shifted my vote yet.

UNVOTE

SkyOdin

SkyOdin, you mentioned something else will happen if you're lynched, but you don't know what it is? That seems kind of fortunate. Something that could possibly benefit town, I'm sure? Salvage your role from completely fucking us?

I have a hard time believing the existence of this role in this game. We already had a miller, and I believe certain information I have regarding my role contradicts some of your assertions.
LaunchPad, is the role you are alluding to in this older post of yours your claimed status as vanilla townie?

LaunchPad, is the role you are alluding to in this older post of yours your claimed status as vanilla townie?

Yes. You said some things that didn't jive my role, and you were trying to cast doubt on how many vanillas had claimed, but it seemed like you thought that was it for those.

Thus, we are not in some boring vanilla game.

I thought it was important to make it clear that this is in fact a bastard rolemadness game, and explain why I have been highly skeptical of how many vanilla claims we have seen.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm seriously considering voting to lynch him, if only because we're more likely to figure out his role details from his flip than from his claim

Palmer_v1

The other big negative in my mind for Launch is that he's a replacement. I posted about that way back when it happened. He also seems to role fish a lot.

The other big negative in my mind for Launch is that he's a replacement. I posted about that way back when it happened. He also seems to role fish a lot.

Why are you lying about me? I've done literally the opposite, told people to hold back their roles constantly. I'm at the gym or I would post examples.

Not at all? Coming out as vanilla earlier would have been risky, and making themself a target is what a vanilla should be doing.

I mean, yes? You had an agenda and you acted, even if the result was ostensibly to get you killed.

Also: if you're actually a vanilla townie, how do you feel about the odds of liars after we flipped BB? We have at least two. So why not four or five?

Why did you think Dr. Worm was going to be targeted? He says he was. But why of all the people after the last day phase would he be the one targeted, according to you?

Palmer_v1

Oh, FFS, and he's claimed vanilla now too. I started typing my previous post thrn got paged and should have rechecked before submitting it when I got back just now.

So we potentially have 5 actual vanillas(barring further claims).

Do we seriously not have a fucking tracker that can clear up ANY of this?

Launch was one of the people hinting at extra information. The other was timetokill.

Darryl is claiming backup, but whether that's backup for someone (me? a doctor? someone else?), no one knows.

I mean, yes? You had an agenda and you acted, even if the result was ostensibly to get you killed.

Also: if you're actually a vanilla townie, how do you feel about the odds of liars after we flipped BB? We have at least two. So why not four or five?

Why did you think Dr. Worm was going to be targeted? He says he was. But why of all the people after the last day phase would he be the one targeted, according to you?

Ok, i guess...

How do you mean?

Let me clarify. I was at least a little certain that Dr Work was vanilla, and I knew I was. We were both unknown quantities to scum, so we were both likely targets. As such, I knew as soon as either him or I flipped, discussion would go back to the claimed townies. Regardless of who was lynched, we'd know a little more about the situation and who might be lying. Since Dr Worm is not vanilla, it would just be my role flip that causes this commotion but the sentiment stands.

Why he was targeted is simple. I wasn't certain by any means, but he was unclaimed and could potentially have a PR that hurts scum; he also had a town read from a few people. It's down to probability at that point.

Can you answer any of the questions directed at you previously, or are you just going to ignore them again?

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY RIGHT NOW?

LIKE WHAT?

This is not role madness

this is you un necessarily mudding up the waters for town

FOR THE LAST TIME

MY WIN CONDITION IS THE SAME AS TOWN'S

Palmer_v1

Launch was one of the people hinting at extra information. The other was timetokill.

Darryl is claiming backup, but whether that's backup for someone (me? a doctor? someone else?), no one knows.

I'm kinda okay with him not saying more, cause a universal backup is a little different to a specific backup.

Problem is that it's also a vague claim that can't really be proved very well.

Dr. Worm

Banned
WHAT MORE CAN I SAY RIGHT NOW?

LIKE WHAT?

This is not role madness

this is you un necessarily mudding up the waters for town

FOR THE LAST TIME

MY WIN CONDITION IS THE SAME AS TOWN'S

Are you weak doctor or regular?

How many people did you protect, and who?

We've been asking these questions for like ten pages, and you just pop in to throw shade and ride lynch trains

I'm kinda okay with him not saying more, cause a universal backup is a little different to a specific backup.

Problem is that it's also a vague claim that can't really be proved very well.

I only care insofar as whether he was an investigative backup, though I assume not.

Are you weak doctor or regular?

How many people did you protect, and who?

We've been asking these questions for like ten pages, and you just pop in to throw shade and ride lynch trains

Concur, NS, you could actually say a lot. You already claimed - why are you dragging your feet at telling more? I have a guess, but honestly, I can't tell if my guess might be correct or if you're just dragging feet to drag feet.

Concur, NS, you could actually say a lot. You already claimed - why are you dragging your feet at telling more? I have a guess, but honestly, I can't tell if my guess might be correct or if you're just dragging feet to drag feet.

What's the difference between weak and regular?

I've protected ttk and SkyOdin

?????

Lifeline

Does that mean we should kill Lifeline just in case? He could be recruited.

Hmmm...

Blarg went all clockwork orange on you during the night phase didn't he?

Hmmm...

Joined any Cults lately

are you running one

Hmmm...

Did you breadcrumb your Role?

Hmmm...

Yeah, and i'm the pope.

Hmmm...

Did you try to recruit Lifeline, BB

seems pineapple pizza's your hook, hmm?

Isn't that right, Inquisitor?

Hmmm...

Blarg was eerily 100% right about me.

Lifeline

What if a innocent child dreamed of becoming something other than what mods had intended? What if a child aspired to something scummier?

tumblr_inline_mrbteou6Pi1qz4rgp.gif

Swamped tried to roleblock LL. He gets confirmed as town.

Scum recruits him (I dunno why he's just now throwing all these gifs; I suggested this before, but either way, cool)

He is now scum.

Possibly related: Verelios was the recruiter but had a latent ability allowing him to stay secret.

*I* haven't played in a game with this mechanic so I don't know but he sure seems to be agreeing and he did ask us to lynch him the other day. He was also WILDLY OBVIOUS AND OBNOXIOUS in supporting Blarg even post red check, which could have been him saying PAY ATTENTION, Y'ALL.

But is that how people do when recruited? I have no idea.

Top Bottom