• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

I also want to point out that both WAMD and BB have "The" Vanilla Townie by their names on p1, so here's hoping that's a discussion we don't have to have again.

Maybe he's a doctor and targeted her. But since he didn't actually claim I don't believe him at all. There's no reason to, even without a counterclaim. even scum didn't believe him, if Dr Worm is correct.

Launch when can we expect to see your role in action

That will be dependent on my discretion and the direction the game takes...

Though I'm at the verge of opening the can of worms just to get some life out of this game, even though it may hurt town. It will definitely help scum, unfortunately.

I figured, DW - and believe I'm gonna speculate - but I'd really like to hear from some of the people who keep ghosting in without contributing anything real before I offer them something they can run with and use to look busy. Last day phase we had two people with no vote. At this stage! One person who seems to have just disappeared. Some of these folks with middling post counts last time didn't really do anything. They're above the warning threshold but damned if you'd notice them.

Dr. Worm

Banned
are we just mass claiming now?

I mean, my scumlist is pretty much just the people who haven't claimed at this point, so may as well, y'know

are we sure mass claiming is really necessary?
i wouldn't really mind claim, i dont think everyone knowing about me would really matter that much, just seems kinda unnecessary.
i doesn't really feel like we are parched for leads

(hint hint nudge nudge nomadic is acting so unbelievably scummy)

SkyOdin

I claimed in part so people could speculate on the circumstances of my attempted murder
To be honest, I think you were a fairly logical choice for a scum target, if you were actually the scum team's target. You have been active and town-read by a lot of people. Those qualities alone make you a good pick for scum to kill.

Barring any alternate possibilities such as you being part of scum team and lying about being bulletproof in order to solidify town cred after an unintended miss, but that possibility is low with the likelihood of town defensive roles and the strong possibility of a counterclaim at this stage.
but why?
(to both things here)

vote: Nomadic Sparks
Stanley, you haven't been active at the same time as me very much, so I haven't been able to talk with you directly regularly. I understand your timezone situation, but to be honest, the lack of ability to go back and forth with you is making me nervous at this stage of the game. You are probably the last player in this game I have a null read on, and that bothers me.

So, who do you think are scum right now? How many scum do you think are remaining?

SkyOdin

Yeah, and yet people seemed totally fine with his claim last day phase and didn't seem to really like voting for him. Weird, huh?
I just don't know how to process Nomadic Sparks' odd behavior. It was a strange role claim to make. But then Launchpad stepped in and claimed to understand what Nomadic Sparks was hinting at.

I just don't know how to process Nomadic Sparks' odd behavior. It was a strange role claim to make. But then Launchpad stepped in and claimed to understand what Nomadic Sparks was hinting at.

I actually had no idea what he was hinting at, but in case there was another part to his ability, I wanted to see it play out. Right now though, in lieu of answers, it's feeling unbelievably scummy...

Yep.

*Hands a textbook to Sophia.*

Yeah, I'm gonna lord my two English degrees over this and say "the" is a definite article that indicates something specific but does not always signify uniqueness, even in a case like this.

So how about you talk about the events of yesterday and today instead?

I absolutely think it was bad form for town to hammer. I still think Palmer is scum. What are the odds of Dr. Worm pulling a bulletproof gambit?

I absolutely think it was bad form for town to hammer. I still think Palmer is scum. What are the odds of Dr. Worm pulling a bulletproof gambit?

Low. Scum are already down two members (maybe three), they missed one kill and wasted one lynch. Things are not going their way and that kind of risk is unnecessary at this point.

Stanley, you haven't been active at the same time as me very much, so I haven't been able to talk with you directly regularly. I understand your timezone situation, but to be honest, the lack of ability to go back and forth with you is making me nervous at this stage of the game. You are probably the last player in this game I have a null read on, and that bothers me.

So, who do you think are scum right now? How many scum do you think are remaining?

aww, iv missed talking to you to Sky.
anyway, i think there are 2 scum left, nomadic is the one i feel the strongest about right now (hence the vote), after that im less sure on any specific, but im mostly looking at Issacnukem, Achors, and recently iv been feeling much less okay with Palmer.

Yeah, and yet people seemed totally fine with his claim last day phase and didn't seem to really like voting for him. Weird, huh?

hell i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt yesterday, as i could believe that his basically non-existant earlier play was him attempts to hide from scum and do the doctor things.
but now he is back today with the same bizarre and shady as hell behavior, and im pretty done looking past it. he he doesn't come out with a damn good explanation then i am completely down for a nomad lynch.

I feel like shit about BB but it was clear town wasn't going to do anything else. I don't regret the hammer.

Here are some general thoughts I'm gonna toss out before I go do some work (it's good to be HOME where there is actual wifi, god, that was a nightmare. used so much phone data.):

I don't think Dr. Worm was an obvious target for scum but the fact that he and I were the only ones on timetokill increases my speculation about her as scum. DW and I were the only ones who voted her last day and since I was gunning for her pretty hard, it's more obvious if I get killed. Unless I was protected.

Nomadic honestly may just be fucking weird because it's so obvious if he's scum. But if scum team is down all its seasoned players there may not be anyone to reign him in.

There have been some backhanded remarks about other people with investigative roles and so if anyone has info, I think it needs to come out.

I think Palmer's drop in activity is suspicious but I'm hesitant to lynch over it. It seems totally out of character, though, even if there was some IRL stuff going on part of the time. If it's scumPalmer, maybe it's just that he doesn't have townBurb to play off of so well anymore. But if Palmer is scum, I think Nomadic Sparks probably isn't. Thus I'd be more inclined to flip ttk today, which gives us more info. Because if ttk is town, then that might also mean Palmer is scum.

But that's all kinda convoluted and based largely on activity. I've been wrong about Palmer before so I'm not leading any charges there.

I honestly wonder if there is something that could have recruited Lifeline to scum. I can't believe a real townie would play like he has.

Re claims: I don't know if mass claims are good or not but I will say I'm sure feeling like if we get a scum today, it doesn't matter if someone dies over night because we should have this in the bag.

I think Palmer's drop in activity is suspicious but I'm hesitant to lynch over it. It seems totally out of character, though, even if there was some IRL stuff going on part of the time. If it's scumPalmer, maybe it's just that he doesn't have townBurb to play off of so well anymore. But if Palmer is scum, I think Nomadic Sparks probably isn't. Thus I'd be more inclined to flip ttk today, which gives us more info. Because if ttk is town, then that might also mean Palmer is scum.

i dont quite follow on the bolded, whats the connection between palmer and nomad that would make you think this?

Because I think a scumPalmer would have bussed a scumNS for being so obvious if they were on the same team. I mean, it could be a ploy. But I doubt it.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm kind of OK with BB for informational purposes anyway.

He helps narrow down acohrs claim(and mine for the rest of you). He helps settle wtf was going on D1 as well. If he's not scum, then 30/TTK has to be it(or me, if you actually think i'm scum).

It's as good a starting place as any, I guess

VOTE: timetokill

I agree, for the reasons listed above:

vote: timetokill

Though I'm not into hammering today. Dr. Worm, how do you know you were targeted? I assume you were x-shots? Did you give us some hint of your flavor? What did you think of my reasoning above?

Dr. Worm

Banned
Dr. Worm, how do you know you were targeted?

I was informed via mod PM.

I'm assuming we don't have a switcher, since no one's claimed it.

I assume you were x-shots?

You can assume whatever you'd like.

Did you give us some hint of your flavor?

Yes. I gave my role name during D4, and today:

I had a prewrite in Notepad, but I lost it to a Windows update, so hasty flavor rewrite:

"Chicken is a divisive pizza topping, and its detractors call it basic and uninteresting. However, it is enjoyed by meat lovers and yourself. You are omnivorous if chicken tops any food, unless that food is a fruit, such as pineapple."

What did you think of my reasoning above?

Regarding Nomadic Sparks?

I don't see any reason to believe he's intentionally obfuscating as opposed to being incompetent.

Yes. I gave my role name during D4, and today:

Thanks, I thought you had but I didn't see it right off when I looked back. But as for my reasoning, I meant on timetokill and your being targeted, if you are telling the truth. But I'm guessing from this, you do not think Nomadic Sparks is also scum?

I'm ok with TTK lynch but...

I'm kind of OK with BB for informational purposes anyway.

He helps narrow down acohrs claim(and mine for the rest of you). He helps settle wtf was going on D1 as well. If he's not scum, then 30/TTK has to be it(or me, if you actually think i'm scum).

We have 2 flipped vanillas and 2 claimed vanillas. Does that sound right to everyone? 4 vanillas?

Dr. Worm

Banned
I realized something overnight. We need to test the vanilla claims. Something will happen that shakes things up in the next few phases, and the sooner we weed out the vanilla claims, the better off town will be. Trust me on this.

You posted this yesterday - what's the timeframe looking like now, on D5?

I figured this role madness game was going over too quietly...

Dr. Worm

Banned
I don't think Dr. Worm was an obvious target for scum but the fact that he and I were the only ones on timetokill increases my speculation about her as scum. DW and I were the only ones who voted her last day and since I was gunning for her pretty hard, it's more obvious if I get killed. Unless I was protected.

WIFOM, really

Palmer_v1

Okay, there's not actually a lot to catch up on.

I don't know how I feel about mass ROLE claims, but I think if you have information that contradicts anyone, or soft confirms anyone, it may be worth sharing that at this point.

As for Vanillas, I don't know. If there's 3, there could also be 4. I think the later claims are more suspicious than earlier ones, and even if he's town, acohrs isn't really helping us. I think we're still in a decent position with scum's NK flubs.

Speaking of which, I don't have any reason to disbelieve Worm. Scum had a strong kill, so it stands to reason there would be roles that made it useful, and unless someone else can explain the lack of a kill. I do have one long shot conspiracy theory though.

Sophia, does the scum team have to submit a kill each night, or can they opt to skip it?

I think Dr. Worm was considered town anyway, so this would be a pointless gambit, but he COULD have skipped the NK to claim BP and get town credit.

I hate to outsource here, but my work day is looking busy(I'm on call and we already have some prod issues) so I may not have time to look at what I want. Basically, if someone can help me, I want to look again at votes against confirmed townies each day, and see which players are on those lists that are both alive and not confirmed town.

Sophia, does the scum team have to submit a kill each night, or can they opt to skip it?

ah, I see where you're going with this.

I can answer: Scum does not have to submit a kill each night. I know because the first (only) time I played I was scum and we didn't submit a kill one night.

Palmer_v1

Worst case right now, IMO:

9 town vs 2 scum vs 1 anti-town neutral

Best case:

11 town vs 1 scum

I think we're 10 vs 1 vs 1 or 10 vs 2 though.

The only people I would absolutely not lynch right now are LL, Monkey, and Worm.

I suppose mod could roll at random to kill someone if a kill was required for some reason in the game design.

Palmer: I'll put it together today.

Palmer_v1

I said against confirmed townies, but I'd do it for anyone who came close to a lynch, period, which I guess adds me and 30/ttk. Thanks!

I just think it's MOST valuable in light of confirmed townies.

And Acohrs.

Also yes to what launchpad clarified. I know it was an option in some games, but may not be an option for all games.

Top Bottom