• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

This keeps itching at the back of my mind. I'm starting to feel like the answer to this was "one enables the other".

All those currently voting no lynch have previously voted for Karkador, barring Kark himself.

huh. that's interesting. I'm not sure in terms of gafia meta what this could mean but I wanna highlight it for a vet.

franconp

Looks like you have one gambit left Zubz, if you want to go for it. Voting cewyn is an alternative to no lynch while tying the field at 3 votes.

If franconp moves off of you you're much better secured, and he expressed the possibility of his vote going to cewyn:

The choice is yours, and yours alone.

I like this odds.

Vote: Cewyn

Let's see your move Zubz.

dusk soldier (0)
acohrs 67 (403)

no lynch (4)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253
rac 549
zubz 641

necktochicken (0)
melonrabbit 80 (215)

karkador (1)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378 (549)

launchpadmcq (1)
cornburrito 96

blargonaut (0)
zubz 114 (441)

kitsunelaine (0)
weemadarthur 141 (445)

fat4all (0)
fat4all 183 (183)

weemadarthur (0)
kitsunelaine 184 (464)

franconp (1)
kalor 198 (603)
dusk soldier 283
zubz 591 (635)

cornburrito (1)
lone_prodigy 279

lone_prodigy (2)
hey_monkey 395
nin1000 514

cewyn (3)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592
fat4all 644
franconp 653

zubz (2)
weemadarthur 445 (582)
kitsunelaine 464
franconp 566 (653)
kalor 603

rac (1)
acohrs 573

acohrs (1)
weemadarthur 582

Day Ends:
bla_1498338000.png

Zubz

Banned
Looks like you have one gambit left Zubz, if you want to go for it. Voting cewyn is an alternative to no lynch while tying the field at 3 votes.

If franconp moves off of you you're much better secured, and he expressed the possibility of his vote going to cewyn:

The choice is yours, and yours alone.

I have machinations prepared, the likes of which you've never seen.

... That said, that just makes the chances of a last second flip to me easier while also making the result of a No Kill the most likely option. This isn't a good move for anyone except the 3 voting for me.

additions to earlier. if I forgot anyone, it's an accident.

Lone_Prodigy: My vote for LP has nothing to do with his position on the reads list and isn’t just his weird numbering of his posts. I have given my reason before. He does not appear to be supporting town in any way, he’s deflecting oddly, he me-tooed for no great reason, he’s still voting CB, which could well be an easy bus vote since CB has no traction. He remains high on my list of suspects. I find it interesting how he’s argued against me without arguing against me directly. My vote may change before day end but I don’t feel like it’s a bad vote.
Dusk Soldier: Disappeared after random push on fran, just turned back up, so maybe we’ll see if he offers anything or not.
LaunchpadMcQ: where the fuck did he go? If we are gonna focus on Cewyn who does this, why not Launch?
NecktoChicken: not a huge amount of posts and some reaching, but seems to be trying.
acohrs: acorns is a tough read always because he’s been scum so many times but his behavior can be shifty. I wouldn’t say there’s any firm reason to vote him today – he’s been making some efforts and he’s not like a top scum hunter or anything and could easily be scum but he doesn’t seem like a great expenditure of d1 effort.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
I have machinations prepared, the likes of which you've never seen.

... That said, that just makes the chances of a last second flip to me easier while also making the result of a No Kill the most likely option. This isn't a good move for anyone except the 3 voting for me.

The number against you has dropped to 2 votes for you whilst you typed, if this changes your machinations. See franconp's switch above.

further fake edit: I don't say this (about Launch, above) to defend Cewyn at all because he's literally a null presence and as good as a vote as on any other inactive, but the Zubz connection does feel flimsy. shrug.

acohrs

I don't think it's wrong either but it did come off as fixation and there's push and there's fixation. Yeah, there's not too much happening yet, but still.

Gonna post this first half but I have more to go. Just see Cewyn votes racking up and I'm not sure that's right for today. Changed order since LP thought he was gonna get picked on as number 1. Started with people I felt or heard were most inactive and added names as I looked at the list. More coming.

CornBurrito: 9 posts, most on mechanics/game structures/generalities.
Cewyn: >5, all content-free except one vague reference to a Kark post. This is not outside my experience with town Cewyn but of course it’s impossible to read because there’s literally nothing there.
rac: at ~15, not an unreasonable number of posts, though he was referenced as a low-activity poster. Higher than plenty. On the Kark train. Suspicious of Zubz, some questions about No Lynch, but seems to be going along with it despite saying it’s no loss if we kill townies (also no loss if we lynch none). Result: noncommittal. Null. But not out of bounds for rac so not particularly indicative.
Kalor: 8 posts, some random, some about Zubz, nothing major or any real content. Voting for Zubz is an easy choice.
Blarg: Disappeared? At first seemed playing it more straight, then descended into Blarg madness.
Isaacnukem: has also disappeared. A lot of noise and fluff. More active than in PPM and said he would not be inactive as scum. I don’t know if that’s a firm indicator because there’s nothing else but it’s something to look at as days go by.

Zubz, kitsunelaine, Fat4all, Karkador, franconp, weemadarthur, melonrabbit, nin1000
These people are active and discussing. There may be scum among them. There are a couple on my watch list. But I’m not voting any of them d1 because we have too many inactive/empty posters and we need discussion. Scummy behavior d2, voting patterns, info from flips, etc. will of course all factor in, but I will not vote these people d1 unless something changes in the next half hour.

monkey, is this typical for RAC? Sounds like you have experience playing with them?

Sorry guys, I've had a wild few days. I haven't had a chance to catch up and I won't be able to check back in. I'm going to go with Karkador and my guy and vote...

VOTE: Zubz

monkey, is this typical for RAC? Sounds like you have experience playing with them?

we played in anime. I wasn't in for very long but I watched the rest. seems typical. I wouldn't call it alignment indicative yet, at least.

Sorry guys, I've had a wild few days. I haven't had a chance to catch up and I won't be able to check back in. I'm going to go with Karkador and my guy and vote...

VOTE: Zubz

Kark is voting No Lynch.

Also Kark is against a Zubz lynch so, What?

^^^this

Gut*

Monkey pls, I wouldn't do this on purpose :(
Didn't say it was purposeful, just pointed out you were gone. Was going through all the low activity posters.

Ok. I think I'm caught up.

The last minute push on Zubz especially with it being spearheaded by fran does not surprise me.

I feel like nostradamus. Although i guess i wouldn't be surprised if Zubz really turned out to be scum.

Maybe he's just a blind spot for me and everyone else is seeing something I'm not.

nin1000

Banned
On second thought. How about we all move our vote on launch ? He just appears comments something that is false and disappears again.

Fat4all

Banned
Does Blarg show up at the end of days usually?

I know they are usually their most active in the middle of days it seems.

rac

Banned
anyways why am i the only one getting lumped up with LP??

should i have spent 5-10 posts on the no Lynch debate saying shit people already know??

Ok. I think I'm caught up.

The last minute push on Zubz especially with it being spearheaded by fran does not surprise me.

I feel like nostradamus. Although i guess i wouldn't be surprised if Zubz really turned out to be scum.

Maybe he's just a blind spot for me and everyone else is seeing something I'm not.

I'm not voting for Zubz and I agree with your statement - he could be scum, wouldn't be suprrising, but not super into it - but I'm also curious as to why you think it's a last minute push when people have been talking about Zubz and his behavior since the moment he mentioned he hadn't read his PM.

franconp

should i have spent 5-10 posts on the no Lynch debate saying shit people already know??

You could have spent 5-10 post on any other subject so people could made a read on you.

nin1000

Banned

No ? How about putting down your own thoughts ?! Like we all wanted from you.
Now you are just making lazy excuses.

Launch, eh, as good as any other. But it's one random driveby post from someone who is not unknown for those kinds of mistakes.

I'd be more inclined to go LP, Corn Burrito, or Kalor. They've all exhibited scummy behavior + low post counts, but I think I'm alone over here so I'll probably throw in somewhere else.

dusk soldier (0)
acohrs 67 (403)

no lynch (4)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253
rac 549
zubz 641
nin1000 666 (675)

necktochicken (0)
melonrabbit 80 (215)

karkador (1)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378 (549)

launchpadmcq (2)
cornburrito 96
nin1000 675

blargonaut (0)
zubz 114 (441)

kitsunelaine (0)
weemadarthur 141 (445)

fat4all (0)
fat4all 183 (183)

weemadarthur (0)
kitsunelaine 184 (464)

franconp (2)
kalor 198 (603)
dusk soldier 283
zubz 591 (635)
acohrs 685

cornburrito (1)
lone_prodigy 279

lone_prodigy (1)
hey_monkey 395
nin1000 514 (666)

cewyn (3)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592
fat4all 644
franconp 653

zubz (3)
weemadarthur 445 (582)
kitsunelaine 464
franconp 566 (653)
kalor 603
launchpadmcq 660

rac (0)
acohrs 573 (685)

acohrs (1)
weemadarthur 582

nin1000

Banned
Launch, eh, as good as any other. But it's one random driveby post from someone who is not unknown for those kinds of mistakes.

I'd be more inclined to go LP, Corn Burrito, or Kalor. They've all exhibited scummy behavior + low post counts, but I think I'm alone over here so I'll probably throw in somewhere else.

My first vote went to lp. I also dislike the way he had been participating in this game up to know.

Zubz

Banned
My goal is a low activity/low content lynch today, so Launch isn't out of the question.

We have 12 minutes; shuffling votes wildly this late into the round will end up with a different option having the most votes. I mean, I see that I could swing Cewyn to 4, but I'm nervous about doing so this late in the game.

Top Bottom