• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is exciting and kind of depressing that starting from the Xbox reveal we will have 3-4 weeks of concentrated gaming goodness that we will not experience again in a loooong loong time. I think this will be possibly the best E3 I will have the pleasure of witnessing. It's just a damn shame Nintendo dropped the press conference :(. Would have been perfect otherwise.

I mean there isn't even a teaser video on their youtube channel for this thing there is just to little "effort" going on from them for me to think this is going to be a big reveal in any way.

That's because they have Apple-envy.
(Yes I know a console is not a phone or a tablet)
. They love that the Xbox 360 has the same type of passionate fans that Apple has for their iPhone and iPad. They have been trying to be like Apple for several years now. Apple doesn't do teasers either. They send out invitations, and then they show everything that's important to know about their product at their press conference.

I am quite surprised MS has taken so long to do their reveal. They launched 360 a year ahead of PS3, so I assumed they would have a head start this time too. Not only did they not reveal first, but they've delayed their reveal too. I wonder if it has anything to do with some secret features or if they just needed to wait for specs and spec pricing to be at a certain level.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibx937z1m3Q3v5.jpg
Maybe a different green, but I'm okay with this.

luffeN

I am quite surprised MS has taken so long to do their reveal. They launched 360 a year ahead of PS3, so I assumed they would have a head start this time too. Not only did they not reveal first, but they've delayed their reveal too. I wonder if it has anything to do with some secret features or if they just needed to wait for specs and spec pricing to be at a certain level.

Or maybe the 3rd console curse and arrogance. Maybe there was another game close to be presentable so they delayed a month.

I remember when just a while ago MS was revealing in March, PS4 released in 2014 and the minimeltdowns in the Kaz ''we will let MS go first'' thread.

That's because they have Apple-envy.
(Yes I know a console is not a phone or a tablet)
. They love that the Xbox 360 has the same type of passionate fans that Apple has for their iPhone and iPad. They have been trying to be like Apple for several years now. Apple doesn't do teasers either. They send out invitations, and then they show everything that's important to know about their product at their press conference.

They might have Apple envy but they don't have Apple commitment. Even their most dedicated of fans can't be compared to the mindshare of Apple. Thats a interesting viewpoint though since I do agree with you that Apple is who they continually have in their sights.

I think MS will showcase the next kinect and it's features at this event so that when the E3 presser comes around, they will not have to explain everything that is happening on stage.

Pachimari

If it has the IllumiRoom stuff, convincing Kinect games and interaction and a lower price point for Xbox Live (I'm European) then I'm definitely in.

TRios Zen

If it has the IllumiRoom stuff, convincing Kinect games and interaction and a lower price point for Xbox Live (I'm European) then I'm definitely in.

I'd be REAL surprised if illumiroom was ready for deployment. Completely surprised (while driving to put money down on reserving one, that stuff looks great)...

Satchel

Banned

Interesting way to look at it. Again, choosing to ignore Microsofts own history with this one huh?

They revealed the 360 the exact same way. Timing and all. There is literally no proof they delayed or sped up anything. In fact, I'm more inclined to believe they weren't actually planning a separate event at all given Major Nelson's original countdown was for E3.

Don't get your hopes up. A projector that throws out enough light to be used for Illumiroom would cost $300-$500 right now. And they throw off a lot of sound and a lot of heat. In a few years when LED or even Laser projectors are better/cheaper maybe.

Interesting way to look at it. Again, choosing to ignore Microsofts own history with this one huh?

They revealed the 360 the exact same way. Timing and all. There is literally no proof they delayed or sped up anything. In fact, I'm more inclined to believe they weren't actually planning a separate event at all given Major Nelson's original countdown was for E3.

I'm not talking about the reveal timing in relation to E3, but in relation to Sony. I would've thought they revealed sooner, last year even.

Satchel

Banned
I'm not talking about the reveal timing in relation to E3, but in relation to Sony. I would've thought they revealed sooner, last year even.

Why? A company doing their own thing won't bend because of the competition.

Apple didn't rush the next iPhone announce because Samsung showed the S4.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So software is six months behind and hardware is running hot... MS in panic mode, I guess.

These leaks happen on weird days... almost too convenient...

So software is six months behind and hardware is running hot... MS in panic mode, I guess.

These leaks happen on weird days... almost too convenient...
How is that means panic mode?i figure out whatever MS did it always means "panic mode" for some people

Even the rumored software list of Durango is like 360(few exclusive,most games are 3rd party)-which is no "software problem" if it's true

Izick

I'm so hyped for the 21st. The Illumniroom demo looks so amazing, and I can't wait to see actual next-gen games utilize it. Really curious to see Respawn's game as well. Could prove very, very interesting.

Why? A company doing their own thing won't bend because of the competition.

Apple didn't rush the next iPhone announce because Samsung showed the S4.

its not about them 'bending', I thought their own schedule would be to reveal sooner, since they've had more time.

Lets say it comes with IllumiRoom, how much should it costs, along with the kinect 2.0?

Can't imagine it would be cheaper than $600. Projectors are damned expensive, so unless MS is willing to take a massive hit on each unit, they will have to pass the bulk of the cost to the consumer.

Satchel

Banned
its not about them 'bending', I thought their own schedule would be to reveal sooner, since they've had more time.

I'd assume they'd go in similar fashion to the 360.

Even more so this time given they're the market leader in the country they're revealing it in.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I suspect audio will be at least on par with the type of lossless audio we get on PS3 right now. Meaning both next gen platforms will have good audio.

i-Lo

Audio Hardware the most advanced part of the system?

Next gen xbox is like being in those martial arts movies where your body movements, a product of detecting the best sounds from the most advanced tech with pin point precision, will recognized and translated 1:1 courtesy of kinect 2.0.

No more shall there be an excuse from getting hit by an off screen enemy.

Lynn616

If they are having a delay with the games might be a good idea to delay till 2014 and do a spec bump over whatever they had planned. Come out with the most powerful next gen box next year. Go with a $99 360 for 2013.

jbug617

Banned
I don't know how to read into Jeff Gerstmann statement he made in the recent jar time but sounds like the Polygon rumor about Always On is a publisher decision might be true. Jeff said by the end of May what people think of Always On won't be as terrible as it sounds.

I don't know how to read into Jeff Gerstmann statement he made in the recent jar time but sounds like the Polygon rumor about Always On is a publisher decision might be true. Jeff said by the end of May what people think of Always On won't be as terrible as it sounds.

What is jar time?

Edit: nvm

El_Chino

I know this is a little OT but has anyone received at least 2 calls in the past week or so from Microsoft for a focus test study?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom