• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mush

t1368630000z0.png
Time to set my alarm...

Kazunori Twist

I remember you posting this in the past. Hopefully the twist it's what everyone wants (PS4) and not Vita PS mobile.

More and more we are hearing the cross platform talk.

One guy said something about having our smartphones ready, but hopefully it's just a new app.

GT6 announced for PS4.

GT5.5 for PS3, all GT6 cars and tracks adapted to PS3. If you have GT5 upgrade to 5.5 for 20€. Retail version costs 40€.

Vita? lol

My theory.

GT vita for Holiday 13.
GT6 for Ps3/4 in Q1/Q2 2014.

Dive Club saved. Vita saved. PS4 saved. GT6 ps3 = sales numbers saved.

Everyone wins.

A formal presentation will begin at 15:00 GMT (click here to convert this to your local time), where Kazunori Yamauchi – GT’s creator – will be making “exciting announcements” about Polyphony Digital’s latest projects to over 80 international media representatives in attendance (including me!).

The event will last throughout the day, with over nine automotive manufacturers (plus Red Bull) participating, five GT Academy champions providing lots of on-track action, and there will be a few more surprises, as well…

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turism...ration-and-presentation-may-15th-at-1500-gmt/

Ty4on

Rewind is 1000000x better option to have then "Racing Line".

[...]

Why did I not see this post?

I totally agree. I used to like it in Forza, but then I turned it off and suddenly I was having fun and looking at the track instead of the line. I wasn't driving, but rather pointing the car where the game told me to. Really wish for a gear indicator in every game because it's a great compromise telling you how sharp the corner is. In a game with 20+ tracks it'll take me some time to memorize all of them :/
Even Forza 2 had 11 unique.

I was laughing my arse off at this, but then he replied and it became apparent he was being serious.

So I laughed even harder.

A game that consistently sells nearly 10 million copies insta-failing because it's released on a console with an install base of 75+ million rather than one with a potential install base of far less than ten million, I don't even...

Hate to break it to you man, but your perception of the world is massively skewed, most people who buy GT, they're not bleeding edge early adopter types, and they'd much rather invest £40 in a new game than £400 in a new console.

Things change, the scenario would have to play out to see what would really happen. If you notice, games today rarely sell over 2-3 million regardless of the install base. I'm not sure what the projected sales will be of ps4 but they usually sell out for a while in those situations. I would expect 10+ million if they can build enough of them in a few months but definitely within 2014. GT6 would greatly help move the ps4 as well. If games like this and FFversus13 are ps3 exclusive, it makes it harder to choose ps4 over other platforms. Let's see what happens tomorrow at least.

So there might be more announcements than just GT Academy and GT6?

With Red Bull being there... I'm expecting another collaboration.

Yeah, this definitely seems to be about more than GT6 and what they're doing with the next Academy. Probably several manufacturer collaborations and possibly something new with drivers like we saw in GT5.

Hopefully the western division of Sony will pay up for some voice talent during the car demos. Go hire someone like Vicki Butler-Henderson to do it. They already worked with her for GT4: Prologue.

So there might be more announcements than just GT Academy and GT6?

With Red Bull being there... I'm expecting another collaboration.

They will announce the "lets find a replacement for Mark Webber" add on, in which players will try to become the next teammate for Vettel.

PS3 now....

and then...

Thanks, that's the fourth or fifth well informed person to hint at this. I'm going to bed now but with some hope that although it is on PS3, GT6 will also be on my future shiny new PS4 enjoying all that 8 gigs of GDDR5 ram to produce crazy graphics and a lot of details on the screen...

A man can dream.

farisr

Man this snuck up fast. Thought it was going to be a long wait for the event when I first saw the announcement. Less than 11 hours now. Sucks that there's no livestream though. Hoping the video gets put up really fast after the event.

Man this snuck up fast. Thought it was going to be a long wait for the event when I first saw the announcement. Less than 11 hours now. Sucks that there's no livestream though. Hoping the video gets put up really fast after the event.

The event starts at 3 in the UK and Jordan said that the media embargo would lift by 5.

Perkel

Banned
And I believe that a Vita game card is 4gigs. Academy clocked in at nearly 18gigs, and GT6 will inevitably be much larger than that. Then throw in the lack of power.

You don't really see AAA cross-platform titles for the Vita. Black Ops 2 wasn't ported to the system. UBI went with an original title instead of AC3. And none of Sony's big hitters like Beyond or TLoU are hitting the system. It just couldn't do them justice.

They released GT PSP which had 700+ cars on disc that has 1,3 GB max. They also included very good track list. Cars were much better looking than PS2 GT4 and also packed way better simulation model much closer to GT5 than GT.

It was best portable racer and it had problems with controls when you played without assists but.

Vita has two analogs and touchpad/touchscreen) Superior method of playing GT game on PS2 ws using left analog for steering and right for gas with R1/L1 for manual which can easily happen on Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom