• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
Not teamed together, but against each other. I don't want to see The Wyatt Family getting bulldozed by Sheamus, Cena, or Orton. Punk is the only guy at that high of a level that I think can work with them and not make them look like fucking losers.

tm24

bootaaay, can you find me the vid from where this is from?

ZH32y.gif

I've had absolutely zero luck in finding it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's from Milano's retirement announcement. I don't know if there's any video uploaded of it.

There used to be, but it was taken down a long time ago

Kaladin

Not teamed together, but against each other. I don't want to see The Wyatt Family getting bulldozed by Sheamus, Cena, or Orton. Punk is the only guy at that high of a level that I think can work with them and not make them look like fucking losers.

Punk would need to reform the SES for that.

gnrmjd

I dunno why people are complaining about the Punk/Jericho announcement. Sure he could have had a surprise return, but I think this will be good too. It's something different, and there most likely will be more to the story. I for one am excited to see what he'll do upon returning.

I thought Raw was really good last night, I really like the direction the company is going. I loved Dean/Kofi and Shield/Hell No last night, both were amazing matches (D Bry was on fire) and The Shield, who I thought stagnated from January-April are finally amazing again with titles giving them a new purpose, and having even better matches now than they were then.

Also now that Bray Wyatt had a promo video, the roster is going to get some more great talent probably within the month. Im also digging the Ryback/Cena feud though I know some people probably aren't. It reminds me of the Cena/Batista stuff, and it's slightly refreshing to see a character like Ryback (who btw is getting great at the heel stuff and really has some swagger now.) It's been forever since we've had a guy like him, and I think the Cena feud is establishing him well. I like Ryback a ton better as a heel.

I think WWE is heading towards a very good place now. I think by the end of the year, thngs will be very solid. This should be a great summerslam too.

(Edit: But Michael McGuillicutty still sucks)

Kaladin

People are complaining about Punk/Jericho?

The only way WWE could screw this up is if they bring Punk back on TV before Payback.

tm24

It's from Milano's retirement announcement. I don't know if there's any video uploaded of it.

There used to be, but it was taken down a long time ago

Yeah,i knew that. I had it a long time but can't find it. i checked the usual channels, but no luck.

gnrmjd

Also who are the two guys in the Bray Wyatt promo? I thought they kind of ruined it a bit because they looked really goofy and sounded goofy too...

One of them is Brodie Lee from ROH right? I never liked that guy...

Everyone who doesn't like Brodie Lee should watch the cage match he had against Claudio Castagnoli in CHIKARA. Seriously, it might just be my favourite CHIKARA match ever.

Also, sorry tm, I can't find the show with Milano's retirement anywhere online - must've been deleted. I've got it on disc, somewhere, if I find it I'll let you know.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think Rowan is good at all. I wish they'd replace him with someone better. Brodie Lee is good, but I feel like his discus lariat really had little impact, which is kind of strange.

tm24

Also, sorry tm, I can't find the show with Milano's retirement anywhere online - must've been deleted. I've got it on disc, somewhere, if I find it I'll let you know.

Cool, thanks Bootaaay!

I think Rowan is pretty good at the role he's in. There's really no one else i buy on the NXT roster for working with Wyatt. Also, Wyatt is a real underrated wrestling name. Why it was never used by an indy guy is beyond me

Kaladin

I don't think Rowan is good at all. I wish they'd replace him with someone better. Brodie Lee is good, but I feel like his discus lariat really had little impact, which is kind of strange.

His big boot is better, don't know why WWE has him doing the lariat instead. Maybe his boot was too good and it put Sheamus to shame.

Striker

People are complaining about Punk/Jericho?

The only way WWE could screw this up is if they bring Punk back on TV before Payback.
If he truly wants to be a heel, he could not show up at Payback at all despite Jericho and Heyman's request, and be booed mercifully. Be the heel. If they played this out with him returning and facing Jericho, he would still be the face despite having the heel label. It could be a nice change and would prolong his return, which is absolutely fine. Jericho could be facing somebody like Ambrose, Ziggler, or Axel in the meantime.

Also suspect Orton turns at the PPV on Sheamus and they have a match at SummerSlam. One face scratched off. I wouldn't hate a Punk return as a face, but it would need to be much different than his last run. Bryan should be also, but they seem to be headed as a heel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish I felt about gaming the way I do about WWE. Everyone on gaming side hates it, but I keep looking at stuff going 'oh I wanna play that. Oh new Tales I wanna play that. Oh new Ys I wanna play that. Oh new SMT I wanna play that. Oh new GTA I wanna play that.' and on and on.

I don't want to end up buying a Vita and just playing Ys on it

Kaladin

I am all set for an awesome weekend of wrasslin.

Evolve 20 is taped Live to VOD and should show up on WWNLive on Friday, so I'll be watching that Friday night.

Evolve 21 is Saturday night live. After that is done I will probably head out for a bit because my favorite bar is celebrating it's 1 year anniversary that same night.

Chikara's Aniversario: Never Compromise is live Sunday afternoon.

Evolve 22 is live Sunday night.....they've got balls going against a TNA PPV, but I think they'll be alright.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Indie games prop up my vita inbetween the 7 months of actual retail games that interest me

But my thing with the handheld is that, if I can, I would prefer to play them on my tv/pc. It's not about it being a handheld, it's about games that I can't play elsewhere. Which I don't think the Vita seems to 'get' as much as the 3DS.

I am all set for an awesome weekend of wrasslin.

Evolve 20 is taped Live to VOD and should show up on WWNLive on Friday, so I'll be watching that Friday night.

Evolve 21 is Saturday night live. After that is done I will probably head out for a bit because my favorite bar is celebrating it's 1 year anniversary that same night.

Chikara's Aniversario: Never Compromise is live Sunday afternoon.

Evolve 22 is live Sunday night.....they've got balls going against a TNA PPV, but I think they'll be alright.
Did you see the $10 off offer to buy all three with the live + on demand versions.

Kaladin

You guys remember a couple of years ago when WWE had that title tournament and part of the rules were that wrestlers had to win by pinfall or submission? There were no dq and no countouts, but the matches weren't hardcore matches. The wrestlers were actually forced to wrestle and get a decisive win. This made for some awesome matches.

I wish they could instate that rule full time.

You guys remember a couple of years ago when WWE had that title tournament and part of the rules were that wrestlers had to win by pinfall or submission? There were no dq and no countouts, but the matches weren't hardcore matches. The wrestlers were actually forced to wrestle and get a decisive win. This made for some awesome matches.

I wish they could instate that rule full time.

I have no memory of this - but I am sure I watched it.

My brain is rejecting WWE!

XShagrath

I don't remember that at all, actually. What title was it over?
It was for the Diva's title. That was when you chose to take a bathroom break, so it's obvious why you don't remember it.

I have no recollection of this either, so maybe Mr. Sandman can clue us in to the true belt.

gurudyne

I stopped watching when that Miz Fuck came on - and have not caught up since

I can mute John Cena, that is fine, but Miz's innate existence just enrages me

He wasn't that bad. Actually showed some character and without talking, so it was surprisingly tolerable. He's still a petulant dick, but since that's what he's going for, he succeeded.

I expect this sliver of goodwill to be completely undone the next time he so much as looks at a microphone.

Kaladin

I don't remember that at all, actually. What title was it over?

I have no memory of this - but I am sure I watched it.

My brain is rejecting WWE!

It was for the Diva's title. That was when you chose to take a bathroom break, so it's obvious why you don't remember it.

I have no recollection of this either, so maybe Mr. Sandman can clue us in to the true belt.

It was when WWE had vacated the WWE Championship for whatever reason, and they had a one night tournament on Raw to decide a new champ. The finals were Miz vs Rey Mysterio the next week on Raw and Mysterio won. They did Cena vs Mysterio that same night for the belt and Cena became champ again, thus undoing any good they had done in that two week period.

I think it was back in July 2011.

It was when WWE had vacated the WWE Championship for whatever reason, and they had a one night tournament on Raw to decide a new champ. The finals were Miz vs Rey Mysterio the next week on Raw and Mysterio won. They did Cena vs Mysterio that same night for the belt and Cena became champ again, thus undoing any good they had done in that two week period.

I remember now - when Punk quit (for two weeks). I do not remember the matches being that special though, I just remember them handling the quitting storyline in a terrible way.

Kaladin

I remember now - when Punk quit (for two weeks). I do not remember the matches being that special though, I just remember them handling the quitting storyline in a terrible way.

I just remember that part of the tournament was that the matches had to be won by pinfall or submission, which was the same way you had to win a championship in WWE. It created some good matches because they couldn't rely on DQ or countout finishes. I especially liked the Miz vs Mysterio final. In fact, it's the last time I've liked anything either of those two have done.

I remember Rey slogging through a tournament to a hard earned title victory, celebrating joyfully backstage like the title meant something to him and then being made to defend against Cena in the same night that he won the title because HHH having his mind warped by Cena logic.
Then of course he lost and Cena celebrates ruining Rey's day, probably more than the actual title victory which in itself was a rather dubious victory since he was beating on an already weakened opponent.

Then this was followed a few weeks later by Cena being angry at Del Rio for cashing in on Punk because it totally wasn't fair game (Somewhere Rey is weeping) and basically inserted himself back into the WWE title hunt once more through business that did not strictly concern him, meanwhile Punk, the man who should actually have been seeking revenge on ADR was instead dragged off into unwanted HHH/Nash territory and at that point it was clear that the power of June for 2011 had officially faded.

HOW THE HELL DID THEY SCREW THAT UP SO BADLY?! AHHHH!

Ithil

I remember Rey slogging through a tournament to a hard earned title victory, celebrating joyfully backstage like the title meant something to him and then being made to defend against Cena in the same night that he won the title because HHH having his mind warped by Cena logic.
Then of course he lost and Cena celebrates ruining Rey's day, probably more than the actual title victory which in itself was a rather dubious victory since he was beating on an already weakened opponent.

Then this was followed a few weeks later by Cena being angry at Del Rio for cashing in on Punk because it totally wasn't fair game (Somewhere Rey is weeping) and basically inserted himself back into the WWE title hunt once more through business that did not strictly concern him, meanwhile Punk, the man who should actually have been seeking revenge on ADR was instead dragged off into unwanted HHH/Nash territory and at that point it was clear that the power of June for 2011 had officially faded.

HOW THE HELL DID THEY SCREW THAT UP SO BADLY?! AHHHH!

Also, Cena made this loud and angry proclamation to Del Rio, including the line "Someday you'll have to defend that title", having cut this promo on Del Rio moments after Del Rio defended his title by defeating Rey Mysterio clean.

bangai-o

Banned

whoa. c'mon. that was a clash of gods. Like Super Piccolo vs Goku. you cant just state that in a minor sentence like is nothing.

strobogo

Banned
I'm kind of lost at how Corey Graves turned face on NXT. He was a clear heel one week, the shithead kind that went out of his way to injury people, and then he challenged Shield and is now a face having a match with Bray Wyatt. Now it feels like they're building him up to be the next anti-hero face champion. Also, Bray's cross body is great.

Kaladin

whoa. c'mon. that was a clash of gods. Like Super Piccolo vs Goku. you cant just state that in a minor sentence like is nothing.

I don't know if you're trolling or not. It was one of those circumstances with Cena where you knew what would happen the minute they set it up.....and you hated WWE for doing it even if you saw it a mile away.

Also, Cena made this loud and angry proclamation to Del Rio, including the line "Someday you'll have to defend that title", having cut this promo on Del Rio moments after Del Rio defended his title by defeating Rey Mysterio clean.
That entire period was like a selection of insufferable Cena moments, hell even when he lost to Punk at MITB it was because of him being too noble and heroic to allow any sort of interference possibly on his behalf.
Then he lost to Punk again but his foot was on the rope all along!

What was the power of June in June 2012?

Professor Beef desperately tried to convince us that TNA stole the power for itself but I can't remember it being wielded for anything memorable in particular.
I choose to agree with Sandman, it skipped a year....as to build up its power to be twice as strong this year so we can avoid the traditional power slaying Summerslam moments like Cena beating Nexus alone and Kevin Nash in 2011?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Professor Beef desperately tried to convince us that TNA stole the power for itself but I can't remember it being wielded for anything memorable in particular.

Where is that gif? One of my favorite no doubt. So bad.

Kaladin

Power of June 2013 is The Wyatt Family, plus whatever they do with Punk at Payback.

Watch WWE have Punk no show Payback and tease The Wyatt Family till July to spite us.

Top Bottom