• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

ithorien

THE NO LIFE KING said:
Blockbuster has this 5 for $20 deal on BRs under $10. $60 later and a couple of smudges on the discs, couldn't be more happier with what I got. First time stepping in a Blockbuster in years lol. If anybody knows where I can get some Blu Ray cases, lemme know.
pHSDj.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U0HRKG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Upsidedown Fuji said:
I think it tastes about the same as US Mtn. Dew. I like it. The only downside is that this large can is the only way to get it. I've only found it in various Pepsi owned vending machines. It's not sold in stores, or at least ones I've been to. I'd prefer a liter or 2 liter bottle of it so I can drink it on and off. Not all in one sitting. Oh well. :) Sorry about the EU MD tasting bad. :(

I saw MD in glass bottles and regular sized cans back in 2006 in Kyoto. Only saw the big cans last April in Tokyo.

Thoraxes said:
I got my degree in Music Composition. (B.M. Music Composition), and studied with with some professors who not only studied with important composers of the century (Babbit, Feldman, Wuorinen) but also a professor who taught Jeremy Soule (Elder Scrolls Series, Neverwinter Nights, Guild Wars, Icewind Dale, etc.) composition!

It really feels awesome to be done. Everyone is so awesome towards the end of those times, more people get along, hang out a TON, make new friends, strengthen relationships/friendships, rekindle forgotten ones, people tell you they've secretly loved you (both women and men) for 4 years... You know, those kind of things. I just felt so elated and free once the last weeks hit and once I graduated, and man, all that pressure/work/stress being gone? Best feeling ever. Same goes for the feeling of knowing you kicked college's ass, that you overcame everything thrown at you to finish strong, and that you made a difference in people's lives while you were there and they'll remember you forever.

Additionally, my last class ever (History of American Music) ended with us watching a "cornerstone of American music", which turned out to be Jimi Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock as a guitar solo.

I really felt like I was leaving a big part of my life behind, but i'm excited for my future. Grad school starts in August. I landed myself a pretty sweet spot in a very good music conservatory, and managed to snag the composition department assistantship out of around 30 or so candidates!

What's your current degree in?

My degree will be Field Biology with a minor in Art History. (With any luck I will be able to start a career in one of the Museums in Minnesota)

I'm really enjoying myself and my studies as well. Its a great feeling turning into that final stretch. Good luck in graduate school, I decided after a lot of mulling that 4 years is enough for me but I have a lot of friends taking that route.

But on topic!

Got it off Craigslist from a guy who had about 15 of the OG iPads. A bit sketchy but I got this 32gb for 350 brandnew. Not bad
2011-05-16155213.jpg

L.A. Noire. Dont really know how I feel about it yet. Almost done with it and I would be lying if I said something didnt feel, "Missing". Sold the DLC on eBay for nearly 30 bucks though so I'm not complaining.
2011-05-19121239.jpg

eXistor

LA Noire and The Witcher 2 CE, finally...I've got 4 days off work starting now, so I know what I'll be doing!

2uo1f1d.jpg

xrrdd.jpg

WEGGLES

eXistor said:
LA Noire and The Witcher 2 CE, finally...I've got 4 days off work starting now, so I know what I'll be doing!

xrrdd.jpg

Fuuuuck that Artbook is big.

Maybe I should've splurged. D:

(I thought my retail copy at least came with a downloadable version. That's GOG only ;____; )

luffeN

_dementia said:
How do you like those skullcandies?
I really like them, but I am no music expert. Before them I had Ultimate Ears Metro Fi something and they were also good imo. The Titan have an 11mm drive, so I think a little bigger compared to the UE. They sit perfectly in my ear, the cable is thin and almost feels like a yarn. The UE's cable was more sturdy, which was a pain sometimes. I think that the Titan have a more well rounded audio feeling. I also listen to music with the Sony MDR-XB500 but they produce even more bass. If you have an equalizer on your mp3 player (I don't) then there is nothing wrong with the Titan, considering the price.

Edit: Ordered them from mymemory.co.uk

Fireflu

PAL No More Heroes PS3

<3

I know this is a bit silly asking considering the "100% Uncut" sticker on there but does this PAL release of the game include blood (and all the gore and such in cutscenes)??

Also is this still coming out on 360 too or has that been canned at this point? thanks.

dc89

2wgvtzq.jpg

21.5" iMac
2.5GHZ Quad Core i5
4GB RAM (Soon to be 8GB)
500GB HDD

More than enough for me. I've never even half filled a 250GB HDD haha!

I set it up and the first thing I visited was GAF.

Edit: Sorry for picture size. I can't edit it on tinypic yet as I need flash and it doesn't come pre-installed!

Pietepiet

Fireflu said:
I know this is a bit silly asking considering the "100% Uncut" sticker on there but does this PAL release of the game include blood (and all the gore and such in cutscenes)??

Also is this still coming out on 360 too or has that been canned at this point? thanks.

Yes, all the blood is there, and no, I don't think it's coming out on 360 :(

UQNiY.jpg

Dragon Quest IX - My first DQ game. I needed a portable RPG fix.
Darkwing Duck Season 2 - I have Season 1 in a box somewhere, and for $9, why not?
Die Hard Collection - The only DH movie I've seen was With a Vengence, so it'd be nice to finally watch these.

MoF9k.jpg

Fallout New Vegas - I had it on 360, but it was $20 for the PC version. And it's nice to always have on Steam.
Witcher 2 - I have a problem. :(
LA Noire - 500 RZ points and a $10 gift card from BB was too good of a deal.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I accidentally posted this in last months thread. Google search led me to a pick up thread and scanned the last post date and it was a 5 so I figured I was good to go. Whoops!

You guys were right. This chair is badass.
IDoAj.jpg

Yes, I need to dust.

JLG-

Jtwo said:
Wow, I accidentally posted this in last months thread. Google search led me to a pick up thread and scanned the last post date and it was a 5 so I figured I was good to go. Whoops!
haha, I posted right after you thinking that was the latest pick-ups thread.

=[

5 for $20 blu-rays at Blockbuster

QGl5n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Crazy-J

Banned
The Broken Ska Record said:
Die Hard Collection - The only DH movie I've seen was With a Vengence, so it'd be nice to finally watch these.

I still think that the best one is the first one, you will love it.

VASPER

Banned
Jtwo said:

You guys were right. This chair is badass.
IDoAj.jpg

Yes, I need to dust.

It also looks like you need to pack that bowl, but chill place to play games!

Espo83

IMG_20110519_211001.jpg

Ill take any excuse to break out my dreamcast.

IMG_20110519_211042.jpg

Cheap light for my gun. Surprisingly high quality for 30 bucks.

IMG_20110519_211213.jpg

New glasses, 15 bucks on line. So cheap I'll probably never buy a pair of glasses locally again.

Amagon

Even more BRs from the BlockBuster sale! So far 20 BRs for $80 plus more BRs from the Amazon Midnight sale. Bank account am sad. :(
RRNFNl.jpg

dc89 said:
2wgvtzq.jpg

21.5" iMac
2.5GHZ Quad Core i5
4GB RAM (Soon to be 8GB)
500GB HDD

More than enough for me. I've never even half filled a 250GB HDD haha!

I set it up and the first thing I visited was GAF.

Edit: Sorry for picture size. I can't edit it on tinypic yet as I need flash and it doesn't come pre-installed!
Nice Mac, now you need to set your post count to 100 there buddy! ;)

ithorien

2011-05-19_22-14-53_381.jpg

Out of the ashes of a 20gb launch fatty... Well sorta ashes. Hairdryer reflow + MX4 thermal paste has it running, but god knows for how long.

B.K.

Espo83 said:
IMG_20110519_211213.jpg

New glasses, 15 bucks on line. So cheap I'll probably never buy a pair of glasses locally again.

I believe that's the exact same pair I have. I settled for those because all the others the optometrist had felt like the frames would snap in half when I tried to put them on or take them off.

Amagon

dc89 said:
Explain yourself scoundrel, I am confused.
-Click on your name on the top right hand corner where it says, "Welcome, dc89"
-Click on Edit Options
-Scroll down to Thread Display Options
-Look at the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" and select "Show 100 Posts Per Page"

After all that is said and done, life should be easier now browsing at Gaf. Thank me by committing seppuku for calling me a scoundrel and we shall call it even. :)

Yazuka

Guess I'm number two in this thread with No More Heroes.
Haven't tried the game yet, but will do later tonight.

2011-05-20-NoMoreHeroesHeroesParadise.jpg

sikkinixx

After a 5 year History Honours degree...

a shit ton of hours spent volunteering...

after paying hand over fist for god knows how many fees, charges, transcripts, couriers...

5740003102_824aa6543d_z.jpg

yay! Nice on the second page they tell me flat out that I need to have $12k ready to give them. AHHH!! I guess I better start saving a bit....much... harder.

Orayn

Picked up a used N64 and a controller from a garage sale for a dollar. It worked perfectly, and cleaned up nicely as well. First two pics are before some TLC, elbow grease, and quality time with a toothbrush and soapy water.

EkcJh.jpg

KZOHg.jpg

3vbnn.jpg

Yazuka said:
Guess I'm number two in this thread with No More Heroes.
Haven't tried the game yet, but will do later tonight.

2011-05-20-NoMoreHeroesHeroesParadise.jpg

I got this too, did the first boss with move very fun, charging up your katana with the move controller is pretty funny.

warpaint

supermackem said:
I got this too, did the first boss with move very fun, charging up your katana with the move controller is pretty funny.
i have a question can you choose between using the move or the daulshock

I picked up this on Tuesday! it is awesome :(

DSCN1619.jpg

DSCN1617.jpg

DSCN1618.jpg

DSCN1620.jpg
DSCN1621.jpg

Thank god for the NHS , had to have 4 xrays, crutchs and all that. They are not sure if its broken (possible hairline fracture she couldn't pick up) but I have a phiso appointment on tuesday. That is FOUR days after it happened!

Thoraxes

Espo83 said:
IMG_20110519_211213.jpg

What kind of prescription are you running with that they're so cheap? Even without thinning, mine still run me $50 because of the lenses' thickness/prescription. (-6.0 here).

Also, where?!

Top Bottom