• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
k12dex.jpg

edit: retook the photo. now if someone could just find me set 1 and 3...

More Dreamcast games arrived today! All are brand new except Death Crimson and Super Runabout (seems to be a bit rare in the states).

Also picked up a bunch of new 4 disc and 2 disc cases to replace some of the messed up and cracked cases I have been getting on some of the used games. Yes... I am anal about my game collection. You can get the cases pretty cheap on Amazon.

newdcgames.jpg

Edit: It is amazing how easy to find and cheap new Dreamcast games are. All of these were $5-7 including shipping.

LiK

careksims said:
IMG_2004a.jpg

Installed with no problems. Also bust was intact. :)

REALLY? you must be the only one. EVERYONE i talked to had a fucked up bust. maybe i'll get it exchanged. Amazon prolly had a bad batch

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
CoachKevin said:
More Dreamcast games arrived today! All are brand new except Death Crimson and Super Runabout (seems to be a bit rare in the states).

Also picked up a bunch of new 4 disc and 2 disc cases to replace some of the messed up and cracked cases I have been getting on some of the used games. Yes... I am anal about my game collection. You can get the cases pretty cheap on Amazon.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/xbox3602/newdcgames.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It always amazes me how many NA DC games didn't make it over here to Europe, let alone JP > EU.

How is Max Steel? :P

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HELLA_MONEYZ said:
1. cameras are in everything.
2. it can take 3d pictures.
I don't own anything with a worse camera than this. And I've got some pretty old cameras hanging around.
2. I hear the DSi camera wasn't much better.

Yes Boss!

Yay, downloaded Deathsmiles IIX Games on Demand to my box here in europe. Did not think I would be able. Everyone should support it so we get more Cave shooters in the US!

Cave has gotta get Daifukkatsu and Akai Katana here for folks without a J -360. Let us hope this initiative is successful so they eventually arrive in this region!

692278e7.jpg

cjelly said:
It always amazes me how many NA DC games didn't make it over here to Europe, let alone JP > EU.

How is Max Steel? :p
Not sure haven't opened it. Will let you know. Might even start a mini podcast on re discovering the Dreamcast.

I went thrifting today and this is all I though I was going to get:
IMG_1906.jpg

I was a little bit disappointed as I had hit at lest 10 stores and the pickings were unusually slim

Things started to look up thought as I ran across this.
IMG_1907.jpg

I hadn't planned on hitting the Goodwill where I got all of this, which is usually how it works out.
IMG_1909.jpg

The true score, though, came at the last one I went to. This thrift store is cash only and for profit so I don;t normally hit them up as they don't get a lot of good donations. This was in their display case:
IMG_1919.jpg

And also these three cases:
IMG_1918.jpg

I was in a hurry and didn't do my normal looking up of the games. They were $1.95 each and I should have been a bit more discerning as I could have just ignored the unimportant ones like Tetris and stuff.
IMG_1915.jpg

Some decent games, overall not too bad as a lot of them had the manuals so those are salvageable:
IMG_1916.jpg

These one's were definitely worth the $1.95 price tag:
IMG_1917.jpg

The unlicensed ones were what really excited me. I have no experience with these so I was a little disappointed when I got home and looked them up. Not the treasure I had been expecting.
IMG_1920.jpg

This one though.... I think I did pretty good.
IMG_1921.jpg

Borman said:
Nice prototype there Moop :) Most likely anyway

Thanks, I need to get a screwdriver for it, but I will say it's heavy as hell so I'm hoping it is one. It'll be a nice flip if so.

edit:
here it is opened up
IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

Thoraxes

Just picked up this chair on sale at Circuit City for $70 and i'm loving it so far.
QM75J.jpg

Also, technically way more expensive, but very awesome (Yes that is a pink tassel):
vvqAY.jpg

35dcklt.jpg

Brand new Xbox 360 S with some games to start loving it...
30t5gtf.jpg

Also got Neptunia (Found it in an online store) and got LA. Noire (great game btw)

Borman

moop2000 said:
Thanks, I need to get a screwdriver for it, but I will say it's heavy as hell so I'm hoping it is one. It'll be a nice flip if so.

Yep, prototype. Saw your pictures on Assemblers as well. Now time to go digging for differences!

Borman said:
Yep, prototype. Saw your pictures on Assemblers as well. Now time to go digging for differences!

Yeah, I've been asking around the different forums. I don't have the release cart and my NES currently isn't working.

bodyboarder said:
I hate seeing your posts, you always get so much good stuff. I never have any luck at thrift stores in Australia.

I'm sorry. It's an endless hunt. I also live in LA so picking is good around here as the supply of thrift stores is unbelievable.

Thoraxes

BannedEpisode said:
Nice man what was your Major?
I'll be graduating next year, how's it feel to be done?

I got my degree in Music Composition. (B.M. Music Composition), and studied with with some professors who not only studied with important composers of the century (Babbit, Feldman, Wuorinen) but also a professor who taught Jeremy Soule (Elder Scrolls Series, Neverwinter Nights, Guild Wars, Icewind Dale, etc.) composition!

It really feels awesome to be done. Everyone is so awesome towards the end of those times, more people get along, hang out a TON, make new friends, strengthen relationships/friendships, rekindle forgotten ones, people tell you they've secretly loved you (both women and men) for 4 years... You know, those kind of things. I just felt so elated and free once the last weeks hit and once I graduated, and man, all that pressure/work/stress being gone? Best feeling ever. Same goes for the feeling of knowing you kicked college's ass, that you overcame everything thrown at you to finish strong, and that you made a difference in people's lives while you were there and they'll remember you forever.

Additionally, my last class ever (History of American Music) ended with us watching a "cornerstone of American music", which turned out to be Jimi Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock as a guitar solo.

I really felt like I was leaving a big part of my life behind, but i'm excited for my future. Grad school starts in August. I landed myself a pretty sweet spot in a very good music conservatory, and managed to snag the composition department assistantship out of around 30 or so candidates!

What's your current degree in?

thegreatchamp said:
Circuit City is still open? o_O
Total brain fart on my behalf; I meant to say Office Max. Man, what a mix-up. How I confused the two i'll never know. Sorry bout' that.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Monster sized 1000ml of Japanese Mountain Dew and a copy of Red Dead Redemption for my birthday from my mom back in the US.

DSCF0003-2-1.jpg

Does the Japanese MD taste different than the American MD? The European MD tastes awful. :(

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Gummifaust said:
Does the Japanese MD taste different than the American MD? The European MD tastes awful. :(

As someone who has sampled all three, I can confirm that the Japanese one does taste different. A bit less sweet, more citrus-ey. Still great though.

oh man i can't believe i bumped such an old ass thread >_<

that's what i get for not paying enough attention!

anyways reposting:

021xml9.jpg

that's pretty much it for me this month unless FMA:B part 5 comes out (dunno its release date).

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Gummifaust said:

I haven't seen MD in Japan in over a year. The one machine that I knew that carried it,replaced it with more coffee.

Gummifaust said:

I think it tastes about the same as US Mtn. Dew. I like it. The only downside is that this large can is the only way to get it. I've only found it in various Pepsi owned vending machines. It's not sold in stores, or at least ones I've been to. I'd prefer a liter or 2 liter bottle of it so I can drink it on and off. Not all in one sitting. Oh well. :) Sorry about the EU MD tasting bad. :(

grumpy

J0N2U.jpg

SMG2 = Late Mother's day present :p

nTqRQ.jpg

From play-asia, Ni No Kuni (JP) and Lufia (US)

mjXcD.jpg

nsfuS.jpg

U7WU7.jpg

Vp7gI.jpg

DQVI (EU)!!! Can't wait to finish Radiant Historia 100%...

Amagon

Blockbuster has this 5 for $20 deal on BRs under $10. $60 later and a couple of smudges on the discs, couldn't be more happier with what I got. First time stepping in a Blockbuster in years lol. If anybody knows where I can get some Blu Ray cases, lemme know.
pHSDj.jpg

Top Bottom