• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Really dig that Halo print.

Here's a piece that I just picked up:

IMG_3195.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Package from Jap-Sai! Capcom rabu rabu:

img_08848qyk.jpg

Shmups!

img_0886zoeo.jpg

A new copy of LotR and some other nerdy fantasy book everyone keeps telling me to read:

img_0889srnj.jpg

Music:

img_0901wreu.jpg

Replacement for broken VGA box from Racketboy:

img_08953o6a.jpg

Hokusai print:

img_09049qhd.jpg

Forgot to post these over here (were posted on the DC thread). I literally won't be buying new games for a few months. I am officially joining the "Not Until it Reaches $30 Club."

Can't wait to play some Typing of the Dead!

dcstuff3.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

And then we have the oddest pickup: Tokyo Bus Driver:
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

SUPREME1

Banned
RoryDropkick said:
Pics later, but this past Saturday was one of the biggest pick ups ever - my fiancee became my wife :) The reception was a blast :)

209979_210453395651959_100000619017080_658914_6899027_o.jpg

Congratulations!!!!!

Wish you a long life of health and happiness

Smang away!!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
moop2000 said:
Is that Bullseye the high quality poseable one? If so where'd you get it and how much?
It's the most expensive one, yeah, I think. It's the Toy Story Collection one. Replica of the toy in the film, so he's go flappy legs. He also neigh's and vibrates.

I've got Woody and Jessie, as well. Got them all back when Toy Story 3 came out.

Johnny

fNMTV.jpg

Leopold Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Blue switches. So much better than my old Logitech MX 3200.

FU3Cx.jpg

Sony DRXS70UWP. My internal DVD drive was acting up and I'll need something for the netbook that I'm looking to purchase.

shakex

Acrylic7 said:
the art store?
if so, how did you find that there?

Oh no. Just to be more clear. I took the art over to Michael's for framing and I just picked it up today. Sorry for the confusion.

X7gOW.jpg

Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy, Featuring Nobuo Uematsu

My girl surprised me with these tickets for my birthday last weekend! Nobuo Uematsu sat with everyone in the audience and performed One Winged Angel with the choir at the end of the set. It was surreal to be in such close proximity to a childhood hero of mine.

bgYPe.jpg

Kuroneko Nendoroid

ERZOF.jpg

5YtrQ.jpg

G9Ih5.jpg

Tales of Vesperia: Flynn Scifo Figure

Picked this up to go with my awesome Yuri Lowell figure (posted in the April thread).

Ysb9N.jpg

Little Big Planet: Sackboy Plush

jqPCt.jpg

Atelier Rorona LE

Already had the regular edition and picked this one up from a fellow gaffer.

wUxjb.jpg

Nintendo DS Games

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I inherited this chair recently. I think I like it, it's very comfortable. I'm not quite a fan of the faux wood finish. But its not a bad chair. Unfortunately it does not go with any of my things.

5GKLe.jpg

T8uEa.jpg

Jtwo said:
I inherited this chair recently. I think I like it, it's very comfortable. I'm not quite a fan of the faux wood finish. But its not a bad chair. Unfortunately it does not go with any of my things.

5GKLe.jpg

T8uEa.jpg

It looks like a real Herman Miller. If you don't want it, I 'll gladly take it.

Jtwo said:

Nice. Could be worth a bit if its an original.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
bodyboarder said:
Nice. Could be worth a bit if its an original.
I think it is.

The chain of possession is My Great uncle, who was an architect>my grandma>me.

Great uncle died about ten years ago, grandma died about 2 years ago.

Now I have a sweet chair.

there is ottoman too, but i havent gotten it yet.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
moop2000 said:
Also look for the shock mounts and see if they are intact. There are many resources for identifying this chair so you should have no problem. This is one of the most recognizable chairs in the world and is a true work of art. If you don't like it's style you could easily sell it for at $3,000 if not more.
holy fuck really, i thought it was just a chair.

ok well, i turned it upside down and there is no label or sticker anywhere to be seen.
knowing what i know of my great uncle (successful architect, gay, was a model at one point] i kinda just believe its legit. i dont think he would have purchased a fake one. either way, its worth doesnt really concern me, there is no way i could sell it. plus its comfy as hell. i had no idea this chair was "thing" hmm, cant wait to get the ottoman and set it up in the corner with a single overhead light. super classy.

MYE

Jtwo said:

You got it wrong. Your things dont go with the chair.

BearChair

Jtwo said:

Count your blessings, I have been lusting after one of these chairs for years. In my opinion it is the most beautiful piece of furniture of the 20th century. That's a feel find, and the fact that you have the ottoman makes it even more special.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I do have to say one thing. It's not faux wood; if it's real, which you've given every indication that it is, then it's molded plywood. The earliest models have the plywood made from a now endangered form of Brazilian wood. These are worth several hundred dollars more because obviously they can't be made this way anymore.

Dang, now I sort of wish the story would've gone like "it didn't go with my other furnitures so I just threw it to the garbage" :p

omgkitty

Has anyone received The King of Limbs newspaper album yet? I haven't seen anyone post pictures yet, and it's been close to 3 weeks since mine shipped out. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs.

Fjolle

omgkitty said:
Has anyone received The King of Limbs newspaper album yet? I haven't seen anyone post pictures yet, and it's been close to 3 weeks since mine shipped out. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs.
Yea. Some people posted pics in the album thread.
I got it last week, but it took two weeks for them to get it from Holland to Denmark.

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I don't usually post in threads like this though I am a frequent lurker. If it's okay, I'd like to get a little philosophical. Firstly, everyone here is posting really nice stuff. From the guy who got married, to the cars, to the rare games to the new releases. Congrats to all of you. It's not my intention to say that I'm better than any of you for what I picked up this month or anything along those lines.

My family is one of good, simple people. We're not millionaires or anything like that. We both work hard to provide our kids with everything they need and to take care of each other in particular. Times have been really trying for our family. In Florida, I was a state auditor for many years and late last year, in anticipation of budget events, they drastically reduced the number of hours that I could work a week. We were able to make do only because my wife managed to pick up the slack in terms of hours worked. I searched high and low for another job close by, and I didn't succeed in it.

To make matters worse, in January I was hit head-on at a red light by someone who ran the stop light. Neither of my kids or wife were in the car with me when it happened, and nobody else was hurt. I got the car repaired, but it never drove right after that. New things started going wrong week after week, costing money we didn't have for a job that didn't pay the bills and in a search for a job that I couldn't find. Things just really weren't going that well for me, and by proxy, my family.

So I applied out of state, reached out to family for help and all of that kind of thing. I didn't expect much from it, because I was wondering who all would be hiring. In February, I got an answer for some long-awaited relief, but it was out of state. I dreaded telling my wife, because it seemed selfish. "Hey, let's move out of state away from our parents and stuff so that I can have a job." But we talked about it, and I was shocked to hear her tell me that she was on-board with it. So I went up to see about the job, stayed with family that was nearby, and expected just a regular rate of pay. On the day of the interview, they must have ran me through about 7 different security checks and stuff. It was surreal. So I sat down with the HR representative in charge of hiring. She offered me the job near-instantaneously and told me it was a salaried position. I thought she was kidding when she wrote down the yearly/monthly salary and asked if that was acceptable. I'm making significantly more than I was before the budget cuts in FL. My schedule is incredible in that I'm also working less days (but slightly longer office hours) to achieve that. This means that I get time with my wife and the kids during the week, and it means that my wife in her new job, gets to spend time with all of us during the week as well.

I bought a house in early April. It's a modest home, but it's nice. It's the first time in my life I'm not renting a house - I'm a homeowner. I'd rather not post pictures of my actual home on GAF, but you get the idea. So I was still driving the car that had been wrecked around, and it was still having problems. So imagine my surprise - a few days ago, my wife told me to come with her while she went shopping. We stopped by the car dealership, and I asked what was going on. She told me that it was the day I deserved a new car. When I explained to her that it was a wonderful thought, we should save up money rather than spend it on a car. I just got the job, after all. She reveals to me that she worked extra hours to make up for my reduced hours, but she also saved a bunch of money. We had more than enough for a sizable down payment. So I'm dumbfounded the whole time - really not expecting any of this to start with. So we ran across what I'm about to post on here - I looked at it as a joke, thinking there's no way I'd be able to afford this, and I thought they were fucking with me on the sticker price - in a good way. So without further ado, I post my favorite May pickup:

TL;DR: My wife kicks your wife's ass, and she saved up money to help us get this:

zBOZWl.jpg

4rEDll.jpg

3NtOrl.jpg

UYYEFl.jpg

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. The nicest car I've ever owned. It's our new family car, and it's incredible. So those of you with BMWs and all of that neat stuff - they're great, but I love this one.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Cool bro.

High five to those who still buy CD's!

rcqO7.jpg

Been waiting forever for this album. It's so great.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
BearChair said:
Sorry to be pedantic, but I do have to say one thing. It's not faux wood; if it's real, which you've given every indication that it is, then it's molded plywood. The earliest models have the plywood made from a now endangered form of Brazilian wood. These are worth several hundred dollars more because obviously they can't be made this way anymore.
Damn, lol. If I take a stab in the dark I would say this chair was purchased in the 70s maybe. I really have no idea, and to be honest there is no way to find out. I read that these chairs were introduced in 1956, so I doubt it has the brazilian wood. That is super crazy its such a big deal though, everyone in my family is like "hmm, thats kind of an ugly chair" and it was not being taken care of very well. I'm glad I rescued it now. It probably would have been taken to good will or something.

I can see how its cool in a sweet-retro-madmen-is-in-vogue kind of way, but the most beautiful chair ever created? I don't see it yet. I'll take some glamour shots later when I get the ottoman and set it up in the corner etc. It sure is comfortable though.

Top Bottom