• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Jtwo said:
Damn, lol. If I take a stab in the dark I would say this chair was purchased in the 70s maybe. I really have no idea, and to be honest there is no way to find out. I read that these chairs were introduced in 1956, so I doubt it has the brazilian wood. That is super crazy its such a big deal though, everyone in my family is like "hmm, thats kind of an ugly chair" and it was not being taken care of very well. I'm glad I rescued it now. It probably would have been taken to good will or something.

I can see how its cool in a sweet-retro-madmen-is-in-vogue kind of way, but the most beautiful chair ever created? I don't see it yet. I'll take some glamour shots later when I get the ottoman and set it up in the corner etc. It sure is comfortable though.

Take good care of it man. I've been on the lookout for a set for a few years now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
UvM8F.png

Witcher 2 from steam

waiting for this shit to finish dl'ing....

Dante23

Auron_Kale said:
Congrats on everything, Crisis. You are super-lucky to have such an awesome wife who stuck by you through everything. And enjoy the car, you deserve it.

I agree with this, it's great that everything is working out for you Crisis.

I love this thread, such awesome pickups from everyone!

Jtwo said:
I inherited this chair recently. I think I like it, it's very comfortable. I'm not quite a fan of the faux wood finish. But its not a bad chair. Unfortunately it does not go with any of my things.

5GKLe.jpg

T8uEa.jpg
That is a very valuable classic Eames Lounge Chair (less valuable if knock off, nice chair either way) That isn't 'faux' wood it is veneered bent ply wood. It kills me that you have this awesome chair under your nose and don't know it.

HildyB

Crisis said:
2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. The nicest car I've ever owned. It's our new family car, and it's incredible. So those of you with BMWs and all of that neat stuff - they're great, but I love this one.

Congrats man! I have the 2010. It's a fantastic car and has better pickup and go than any other Hybrid I drove. And so quiet inside... I love it. It's my first GPS/BT Hands Free car and I don't know how I lived without it. I love starting the car and it picks up from my iPhone right where I left off on podcasts/music. I could go on and on :) I'm happy for you.

gutterboy44 said:
That is a very valuable classic Eames Lounge Chair (less valuable if knock off, nice chair either way) That isn't 'faux' wood it is veneered bent ply wood. It kills me that you have this awesome chair under your nose and don't know it.

I think he knows now after all the posting about it :) So feel better.

JABEE

gutterboy44 said:
No one in his family wanted it either and it was going to go to goodwill!

zmet

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
my4.jpg

Musha Aleste
my8.jpg

Rockman X3 (loose)
my9.jpg

Ghost Sweeper Mikami Collection 4 and Cleopatra D.C.
my7.jpg

Project A-Ko
my6.jpg

Deep Red and Alien
my5.jpg

JABEE said:
No one in his family wanted it either and it was going to go to goodwill!

Crazy. I now see others let him know about it on the last page. Sorry, I went to school for product design so I haveread about Eames, Herman Miller, chairs, bent ply chairs etc, so many damn times. I even made a bent ply chair during my sophomore year in school. Speaking of which, just finished my last day of class yesterday. Can't wait to post my degree in the thread once it arrives! Woot!

IMG_0827.jpg

Picked up the Tritton ax720s thinking I'd return them immediately, but was pleasantly surprised with their performance. I scooped up L.A. Noire for free at TRU with the gift cards from when I purchased MK9 and 2 copies of Portal 2. AND I received another $15 gift card for picking up L.A. Noire.

FOOTE

Crisis said:
2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. The nicest car I've ever owned. It's our new family car, and it's incredible. So those of you with BMWs and all of that neat stuff - they're great, but I love this one.
Congrats on turning it around man.

Here are my latest purchases.
ee498b36.jpg

MechDX

IMG_8791.jpg

Picked up today from Best Buy. Website had a close to 50% off Harmony sale this past weekend. Got both of these for $250 total. Harmony's are just complete sexiness. This one is my 3rd

WEGGLES

Lenovo Thinkpad X220 laptop

Edit: That pic is atrocious...

Those should be a bit better :S

Love it. It's the perfect size. Nice and "snappy". Even when the fan spins up it's not loud at all. Love the different track pad things (2 finger right click. 3 finger middle click. 2 finger scroll) that my old laptop didn't have. Battery seems great. Not too bad on bloatware. Good stuff.

Not even done the first game but I was at the store so why not?

(The store I was at didn't have it, so I drove to two other stores to get it)

Impressed with everything. All the extras, the map, the guide, the coin, OST etc. Even papercraft figures. :)

B.K.

UIg1i.jpg

I've been wanting a copy of ODM for years. Someone on Ebay had it on sale last week for $13. That was a pretty good price for it.

P02CN.jpg

Same person had a Suikoden III guide for $9. I bought it. I thought it might have some good art in it. He had a Suikoden II character artbook that I wanted, but someone used Buy it Now before I could get a bid in.

Madrical

Banned
Anyone remember who posted that wallet that had custom text within it, used to write his name? Dunno how to explain it or narrow it down any better, it'd be at least a few months old now. I want a new wallet, and remember really loving that one but can't find it after a couple of searches.

drkOne

Madrical said:
Anyone remember who posted that wallet that had custom text within it, used to write his name? Dunno how to explain it or narrow it down any better, it'd be at least a few months old now. I want a new wallet, and remember really loving that one but can't find it after a couple of searches.
I remember seeing a Louis Vuitton wallet around here, not sure if that's the one you're talking about.
Should be one of these: http://www.louisvuitton.com/uk/flas...08&direct4=cat1410115&campaign=seo/UK/EN/prod

Cdammen

1305734098-2011-05-18%20IMG_5390.jpg

I have like 30 GBA games at the moment, all bought during the console's active lifespan. But now I'm gonna build a larger library because I really think that the GBA was the best handheld ever.

Also bought Doctor Who Series 1 (2006) because I'm a huge nerd and I also enjoy quality television.

eXistor

Outer Limits season 1, Witcher 2 Comic, Labyrinth and Dark Crystal Bluray. I'm still going through that huge-ass Twilight Zone boxset, but after that it's straight onto the Outer Limits!

25foowl.jpg

Mike.83 said:
Wanted one of these for a while, was happy when I saw they where getting a re issue:
[im]http://i.min.us/inoSu.jpg[/img]

Reissue?
Where??

Prices on ebay have been more than I was willing to pay.

Top Bottom